daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 4th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #1261
bearb

Likes (Received): 617

News update:

The purchased 24 CRH6 trains(up to 200km/h) by Guangdong Railway Construction and Investment Group would be for Guangzhou-Dongguan-Shenzhen Intercity Railway in 2014(for the opening of Guangzhou-Dongguan part, Dongguan-Shenzhen part is not yet to be construct). But they will be tested on Guangzhou-Zhuhai Intercity Railway first......

p.s. It will likely to be on 'C' services.
bearb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #1262
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Woah....so is this going to replace the CRH1 service on the old Guangshen Railway? From what you're saying it looks like they're going to build a separate third line from the Guangshen Railway and Guangzhen'gang XLR.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #1263
bearb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post

Woah....so is this going to replace the CRH1 service on the old Guangshen Railway? From what you're saying it looks like they're going to build a separate third line from the Guangshen Railway and Guangzhen'gang XLR.
not the old Guangshen Railway... It is the Guangzhou-Dongguan-Shenzhen Intercity Railway under construction (Suiguanshen Intercity Railway)...
It is a bit complicated.
It is designed to go from Xintang(in Zengcheng)-Chang'an(in Dongguan) to Shenzhen Airport.
But in Xintang station, it connects with the old Guangshen Railway...
there will be trains from Guangzhou East to Shenzhen Airport.
and in the future, it connects with Guangzhou Airport as well...
so there will be services from Guangzhou Airport to Shenzhen Airport.
Also they are seeking the chance to extend it to Qianhai Mawan in Shenzhen..
Ideally this line is going from Guangzhou Airport to Qianhai Mawan, via west Dongguan and west Shenzhen along the coast.
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #1264
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb View Post
But for China, I think only G counts as Hi-speed Service.
Well D trains goes to 250km/h so it's a proper HSR by world standard, but in Chinese D only means EMU while G carries the actual "High" speed name.
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #1265
bearb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
Well D trains goes to 250km/h so it's a proper HSR by world standard, but in Chinese D only means EMU while G carries the actual "High" speed name.
that was why i said 'for China'....
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #1266
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
not the old Guangshen Railway... It is the Guangzhou-Dongguan-Shenzhen Intercity Railway under construction (Suiguanshen Intercity Railway)...
It is a bit complicated.
It is designed to go from Xintang(in Zengcheng)-Chang'an(in Dongguan) to Shenzhen Airport.
Ideally this line is going from Guangzhou Airport to Qianhai Mawan, via west Dongguan and west Shenzhen along the coast.
Qianhai Mawan?

Does it connect to Guangzhou-Shenzhen High Speed Railway anywhere?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #1267
FM 2258

Quote:
It is a bit complicated.
Digging up some news on Google it looks like China is working on multiple high speed local lines. Very interesting, I'll probably post some questions in the China High Speed Rail thread since this topic is better suited for that. Thanks for the info.

As for the train letters I understood it to be

D = at least 200km/h
C, G = at least 300 km/h (or more than 200km/h?)
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #1268
bearb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Qianhai Mawan?

Does it connect to Guangzhou-Shenzhen High Speed Railway anywhere?
nope
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #1269
hmmwv

Quote:
Digging up some news on Google it looks like China is working on multiple high speed local lines. Very interesting, I'll probably post some questions in the China High Speed Rail thread since this topic is better suited for that. Thanks for the info.

As for the train letters I understood it to be

D = at least 200km/h
C, G = at least 300 km/h (or more than 200km/h?)
There are 160km/h D trains running on upgraded conventional lines. C letters are no long in use since most have been converted to G trains (i.e. Beijing-Tianjin, Shanghai-Nanjing). Right now G means >300km/h, everything else is D.
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #1270
makita09

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
And what are other definitions (i'm not talking US)? What is Chinese definition? Japanese? Korean?
I don't know thats why I said 200km/h isn't generally seen as high speed. Then you claimed an official definition to which I pointed out that that is only official in the EU. Keep up.
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #1271
FM 2258

Quote:
There are 160km/h D trains running on upgraded conventional lines. C letters are no long in use since most have been converted to G trains (i.e. Beijing-Tianjin, Shanghai-Nanjing). Right now G means >300km/h, everything else is D.
I saw some videos on Youtube with CRH trains running on the conventional Shanghai-Nanjing railway in 2010 and it didn't seem to hit 200km/h that much. I'm not really sure but this is what I felt seeing the video. Kinda disappointing though since I thought D meant a guaranteed 200km/h speed at some portion of the trip. I guess that means a non-CRH train could get a D classification?

D5406 Suzhou -> Wuxi
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #1272
hmmwv

Quote:
I saw some videos on Youtube with CRH trains running on the conventional Shanghai-Nanjing railway in 2010 and it didn't seem to hit 200km/h that much. I'm not really sure but this is what I felt seeing the video. Kinda disappointing though since I thought D meant a guaranteed 200km/h speed at some portion of the trip. I guess that means a non-CRH train could get a D classification?
I'm actually confused by your question. The upgraded Shanghai-Nanjing conventional line does allow 200km/h travel, even up to 250km/h near Anting, and that's back in 2007 when the service first started. A none CRH train will not get a D designation because D and G are reserved for CRH trains. CRH and National Rail (China Rail, 国铁) are kind of two different branches of MOR, no matter how fast the conventional passengers train goes it will still only get a Z, K, or T designation.
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #1273
FM 2258

Quote:
I'm actually confused by your question. The upgraded Shanghai-Nanjing conventional line does allow 200km/h travel, even up to 250km/h near Anting, and that's back in 2007 when the service first started. A none CRH train will not get a D designation because D and G are reserved for CRH trains. CRH and National Rail (China Rail, 国铁) are kind of two different branches of MOR, no matter how fast the conventional passengers train goes it will still only get a Z, K, or T designation.
You mentioned that D trains could have a maximum speed of 160km/h when I thought D trains always run at least 200km/h. That's where I got confused about the D classification since high speed by international standards is 200km/h.

There is a picture of the new 25T cars that show a speed of 160km/h you posted in the other thread so I thought those would get the D classification for running 160km/h.

Anyway, I just got confused about what D is supposed to represent. Didn't know that D could represent slower than "high speed" trips.
Old December 12th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #1274
hmmwv

Quote:
You mentioned that D trains could have a maximum speed of 160km/h when I thought D trains always run at least 200km/h. That's where I got confused about the D classification since high speed by international standards is 200km/h.

There is a picture of the new 25T cars that show a speed of 160km/h you posted in the other thread so I thought those would get the D classification for running 160km/h.

Anyway, I just got confused about what D is supposed to represent. Didn't know that D could represent slower than "high speed" trips.
Yeah speed is not strictly related to the CRH brand, it's nothing but a brand, D means EMU, not necessarily high speed. Even if the 25T runs 250km/h pulled by a crazily tuned HXD1 as long as it's under China Rail it's still not a CRH service and will not get a D or G designation.
Old December 12th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #1275
FM 2258

Quote:
Yeah speed is not strictly related to the CRH brand, it's nothing but a brand, D means EMU, not necessarily high speed. Even if the 25T runs 250km/h pulled by a crazily tuned HXD1 as long as it's under China Rail it's still not a CRH service and will not get a D or G designation.
Wow, thanks for clearing this up for me. They could slap a CRH sticker on the train but I doubt they would do that...haha.
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:00 AM   #1276
greenlion

Likes (Received): 30

Hong Kong Version of CRH380A
greenlion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #1277
saiho

Likes (Received): 1291

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlion View Post
DAT... TRAIN
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #1278
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Likes (Received): 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlion View Post
OMFG :drools:

Just jizzed in my pants...

Last edited by VECTROTALENZIS; December 13th, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
VECTROTALENZIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #1279
hmmwv

Livery goes a long way to make a train look better, very nice!
Old December 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #1280
Silver Swordsman

Likes (Received): 101

Oh dear... this is too much! TOO MUCH!!!

Tags
china