daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 30th, 2016, 04:41 PM   #1941
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post
Thank you very much! but it is huge!

Here is a new train: the CRH1E NG (soft beds):

And a CRH2G but not has three side windows as the rest:

CRH2H

It will be for changing the structure of the numbering?

And a couple of questions.

Someone knows how many CRH5G and H are there?
I guess the H are in Urumqi and G in Harbin, yes?

Someone knows how many CRH2G and H are there?
Where?

Thanks in advance.
Are there any sets rated for both hot and cold?

That set at the top, is it all soft sleeper? Are there hot and/or cold sleeper sets? Which models are they?
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2016, 10:42 AM   #1942
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
1. Your English is pretty good.

You and I both know that is not so, but thank you very much anyway.

I think I can contribute a little something to the Forum and only attempt that can be understood best.

Note: A greeting to 437.001 who will certainly be happy to read this.
Gusiluz está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 10:52 AM   #1943
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

CRH1E and CRH2G

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
Are there any sets rated for both hot and cold?
G and H variants know in CRH2 CRH5 CRH380A and CRH380B. There is also a CJ (commuter), the CRH3G.
Yes, they talked about trains CRH5GH, but I interpret it did not know if they would be G or H. I think the trains have to be G or H or, if you will, "I or any other" mixing characteristics, but that does not explain the lack of little windows or the identical look trains with different lyric but the same number.
The only explanation I can venture is that trains G and H are very similar, the prototype (the 2417) began as CRH2G and then decided that they call CRH2H, his lyric were changed and then a variant is created with the same windows aesthetically the CRH2A and E NG he called CRH2G.
Or it may not, of course.

CRH2G:
High-speed trains that can run in adverse weather conditions and extremely low temperatures will be put into operation by the end of the year, officials of the CRRC Corp. Ltd. announced on Thursday, Nov.12.2015.
Quote:
CRRC made the announcement following the approval of the National Railway Administration for the use of the CRH2G high-speed train, which can operate in temperatures as low as -40 C and also in sandstorms and strong winds. In addition, the model can run in altitudes as high as 3,600 meters.
High-altitude high-speed. China’s Alpine EMU to enter service this month IRJ Tuesday, December 08, 2015
Quote:
THE 1776km high-speed line from Lanzhou to Urumqi in the Xinjiang region of northwest China must rank alongside the Qinghai Tibet Railway as one China's greatest engineering achievements of recent years. The 31-station line crosses the Gobi desert and the Qilian Mountains, reaching a summit of 3607m above sea level in the Qilianshan No 2 Tunnel, making it the world's highest high-speed line.
This is an environment defined by extremes, from high desert winds and sandstorms to intense ultraviolet radiation and heavy snowfall. Ensuring rolling stock could meet the demands of operating safely and reliably at speeds of up to 250km/h was one of the key engineering challenges of this remarkable railway, and CRRC Corporation has spent three years developing a high-speed train specifically for operation in this high-altitude environment.
CRRC confirmed last month that the CRH2G EMU has been approved by China's National Railway Administration and the fleet is expected to enter service on the Lanzhou - Urumqi line this month.
CHS The 250km/h trains are being supplied to China Railway Corporation (CRC) by CRRC's Qingdao Sifang subsidiary and are designed to operate in temperatures ranging from -40 to +40oC as well as sandstorms, high-winds, and intense ultraviolet light.
Bogies have been adapted to prevent frost, snow, and ice accumulation while the sealed bodyshell reduces the risk of failures caused by condensing meltwater. Underfloor equipment cabinets are pressure-sealed to minimise sand and dust ingress and a sediment control ventilation system ensures onboard air quality is maintained. An anti-roll device ensures lateral stability in strong winds.
Electrical equipment has been configured to minimise the risk of damage from lightning strikes, and traction motors, converters, and transformers have been configured for operation in low ambient temperatures. CRRC says the use of protective film on the windows and windscreens reduces UV penetration to less than 1% and UV-resistant materials have also been used to protect exterior paintwork and rubber insulators.
In order to validate the performance of the trains in extreme conditions, a driving vehicle and trailer from the prototype set was shipped to Europe in autumn 2014 to undergo tests in the Rail Tec Arsenal climatic chamber in Vienna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
That set at the top, is it all soft sleeper? Are there hot and/or cold sleeper sets? Which models are they?
According to Bombardier, the CRH1E 2009 (based on the Zefiro 250) have: "122 seats, 480 beds, 16 luxury beds".
Here's the scheme:

But in photographs this is what I see in those CRH1E:

In CRH2E 2008:

And in CRH2E NG:

The CRH1E NG (based on the Zefiro 250NG) have even more places: 642 versus 618.
It is, for some, the longest CRH train: 430 m, and costs 30.40 M € each.

CRH1E 2009:

CRH1E NG:

It has nothing to do with the subject, but I can not resist putting it: inside the new CRH350B business class

Update my list:

tjrgx, foxmulder, Zaz965 liked this post
Old August 31st, 2016, 11:47 AM   #1944
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

I just found another series, although it was already known, but is prepared for extreme weather, despite its name, (the first with soft beds): CRH5E

New China-made high-speed train CRH5E developed for extreme cold
Quote:
The new high-speed train, CRH5E, which was developed by China's CRRC, has passed a heating test on the route from Harbin to Dalian, in northeast China. As of now, this new member of China's high-speed train "family" has successfully passed 14 tests.
The CRH5E is specially designed to function in temperatures down to minus 40 degrees Celsius, with a speed of 250 kilometers per hour. As the front part of the train appears almost to have two black eyes, fans call the CRH5E the "Panda." The train has both standard seats and sleepers, and seats can be transformed into lower berths. The seats are also equipped with a backrest, armrests and cup holders in order to maximize passengers' comfort.
According to CRRC, the heating operation test was performed on two typical train cars—sleepers and non-sleepers. The test successfully proved the heating performance of the train in extreme low temperatures.

CP11, FM 2258, Zaz965 liked this post
Old September 1st, 2016, 11:15 AM   #1945
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post
G and H variants know in CRH2 CRH5 CRH380A and CRH380B. There is also a CJ (commuter), the CRH3G.
Yes, they talked about trains CRH5GH, but I interpret it did not know if they would be G or H. I think the trains have to be G or H or, if you will, "I or any other" mixing characteristics, but that does not explain the lack of little windows or the identical look trains with different lyric but the same number.
The only explanation I can venture is that trains G and H are very similar, the prototype (the 2417) began as CRH2G and then decided that they call CRH2H, his lyric were changed and then a variant is created with the same windows aesthetically the CRH2A and E NG he called CRH2G.
Or it may not, of course.

CRH2G:
High-speed trains that can run in adverse weather conditions and extremely low temperatures will be put into operation by the end of the year, officials of the CRRC Corp. Ltd. announced on Thursday, Nov.12.2015.

High-altitude high-speed. China’s Alpine EMU to enter service this month IRJ Tuesday, December 08, 2015

According to Bombardier, the CRH1E 2009 (based on the Zefiro 250) have: "122 seats, 480 beds, 16 luxury beds".
Here's the scheme:

But in photographs this is what I see in those CRH1E:

In CRH2E 2008:

And in CRH2E NG:

The CRH1E NG (based on the Zefiro 250NG) have even more places: 642 versus 618.
It is, for some, the longest CRH train: 430 m, and costs 30.40 M € each.

CRH1E 2009:

CRH1E NG:

It has nothing to do with the subject, but I can not resist putting it: inside the new CRH350B business class

Update my list:
Awesome pics.

tjrgx, nossiano, mqsdrana, Zaz965 liked this post
Fargo Wolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2016, 06:09 PM   #1946
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 381

I am going to ride that business class!
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 09:41 AM   #1947
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Business class, VIP seat and Sightseeing Area

Apart from night trains, in China there are very long CRH journey, as Beijing-Shanghai (1,303 km in 4 hours 48 minutes to an average of 271 km/h) or Beijing-Guangzhou (2,001 km in 8 hours 3 minutes to an average of 250 km/h). That justifies the existence of a business class with all sorts of luxuries.

Business Class Seat:
These are the most luxurious and expensive seats set and are available on some, but not all, of the HST. They are just like first-class on an airplane. The carriages are spacious with two meters (6.6 feet) of space between two rows. There are three seats in a row - two on one side and one on the other side of the aisle.

The sofa-like leather seats are comfortable. Unfold the sofa, and a man over 180cm (about 6 feet) can lie comfortably on it. The sofas are equipped with complete facilities. A mini LED TV set with many movies is folded in the left arm of each seat, and there is a power outlet under each seat. On the inner side of the right arm, there are buttons to adjust the footrest and the backrest. The backs can fold down flat for sleeping. In this case, passengers can rest as comfortably as they are on sleepers. A tray table is hidden in the armrest. Some trains also offer free snacks, drinks, disposable slippers, back cushions and blankets.

VIP seat:
VIP carriages are set on a few HST. These are very comfortable with enough space and good facilities. There are three chairs in a row, two on one side and one on the other side of the aisle. The seats, generallly like those in the first-class carriage, can turn 360 degrees and the backrest can be ajusted. There are reading lamps, and radio and video facilities.

Sightseeing Area:
On a few HST, there is a sightseeing area in the business class carriage or VIP carriage, which is in the front or the rear of a train, just next to the operation cab and separated from the common business class carriage by a toilet, a locker room and a bar. Passengers who are luckily assigned to this area can enjoy the beautiful scenery on the way through the extra large windows.
Locating in both ends of the train, sightseeing area is the most mysterious part for passengers.

On the 16-car train, it is arranged by 5 seats: 2 business class seats (in the first row) and 3 first class seats.
On the 8-car train, one sightseeing area is arranged by 6 deluxe seats. Deluxe seat, also called as Tedengzuo in Chinese, is a special first class seat located in sightseeing area.

Examples:

CRH380A

CRH380B

CRH380CL

CRH380D

New CRH350A

New CRH350B

I only know a similar luxury in Italy, both in public TrenItalia (Frecciarossa 1000 Club 1 + 1 seats), and in private NTV (Italo Club with seating 2 + 1 and 2 + hallway), or many trains in Japan, for example the Great Class of Hayabusa service in the new H5 also private JR Hokkaido.

Very different are the interiors of first class (2 + 2 seats) and second class (2 + 3); are more normal because you have to be aware that trains are much wider than Europeans: up to 3.38 meters (outside width ) against 3.02 it is having up ICE 1 and normally 2.9X.

In some seats in CRH380A first class (as in CRH3C) you can travel seeing almost the same as the driver.

If he wants to, of course.

In the fastest trains (G), Beijing-Shanghai cost of ticket (CNY / US$): 1748 / 265 (Business class), 933 / 141 (First class) and 553 / 84 (Second class). Beijing-Guangzhou: 2724 / 413 (Business class), 1380 / 209 (First class) and 862 / 131 (Second class).
Almost double (First class) or more than triple (Second class) to reach the same time, but not in the same way, of course.

Swede, tjrgx, xalexey, CP11, foxmulder and 3 others liked this post
Old September 5th, 2016, 08:34 PM   #1948
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6909

Talking of seats, I don't think I've ever seen 2nd class seats as comfortable as they are in CRH trains. They recline (uncommon for 2nd class seats elsewhere) and have more than enough legroom even for a tall and big person. I'm 190cm and weight 95kg yet I could easily put a reasonably sized bag in front of me and still feel comfy. 1st class seats feel like sitting on a couch. I could never fully use the space they provide. And I can only imagine what the business class seats feel like. All in all thumbs up to the interior designers of CRH trains for not cutting on passenger space.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 05:44 PM   #1949
dixiadetie

Likes (Received): 798

CZT Intercity EMU

Pics form @龙胆豪威

The train is done , but I can't find more pics of it .

CP11, tjrgx, Equario, Gusiluz, Tk.Alv-87 and 1 others liked this post
dixiadetie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:17 PM   #1950
tjrgx

Likes (Received): 2801

CRRC Promo at 2014 Berlin InnoTrans Expo

Zaz965 liked this post
tjrgx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2016, 07:37 PM   #1951
tjrgx

CJ-3 Intercity EMU

some fans call it CRH3F, but no official name yet

source

CP11, Munwon, Zaz965 liked this post
Old September 16th, 2016, 11:03 PM   #1952
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrgx View Post
160 km/h, so no HST, so wrong thread?
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 05:44 AM   #1953
dixiadetie

Likes (Received): 798

Kissing

Photoed by @SS-287

Sometimes , two 8-car train will link together for serving more passengers .

CRH380B

CRH380D

CRH2

CRH5

chalaco18886, CP11, Munwon, FM 2258, Zaz965 liked this post
dixiadetie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 01:00 PM   #1954
Silver Swordsman

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Kissing
Tongue is probably a more accurate description.
Old September 19th, 2016, 07:05 PM   #1955
tjrgx

Promo of China's Standardized 350kph Trainset at 2016 Berlin InnoTrans

CP11, Pansori, 3737, chalaco18886, FM 2258 and 1 others liked this post
Old September 19th, 2016, 07:17 PM   #1956
foxmulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Swordsman View Post
Tongue is probably a more accurate description.
French kissing then
Old October 4th, 2016, 06:41 PM   #1957
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Overview of the CRH-0207. G8046 Shenyang-Dalian

Old October 8th, 2016, 11:22 AM   #1958
Maadeuurija

Likes (Received): 532

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrgx View Post

Looks like the CRH1(Regina) grew up got a a beard

Munwon liked this post
Maadeuurija no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 05:16 PM   #1959
Smart City

Likes (Received): 687

Hi ,does anyone knows which of these trainsets will be on service on Belgrade-Budapest new high speed railroad.?Thank you!
Smart City no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 10:39 PM   #1960
foxmulder

I am not sure but I think the deal did not involve train sets. It will be 200km/h standard so I do not expect to see 380 series or new 350 standard ones.

Last edited by foxmulder; October 17th, 2016 at 12:41 AM.

Tags
china