daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 10th, 2007, 12:18 PM   #2121
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18161

By Ku.Hiker from a Hong Kong transport forum :

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #2122
hkskyline
Hong Kong

KCR Videos

九廣東鐵MLR列車發車及到站(九龍塘站)
http://video.google.com/*********?do...53886557&hl=en

大陸直通車通過九龍塘站及九廣東鐵MLR列車到站
http://video.google.com/*********?do...54050547&hl=en

九廣東鐵SP1900列車(大圍 -> 大學)
http://video.google.com/*********?do...37555689&hl=en

大陸直通車通過大學站
http://video.google.com/*********?do...93196738&hl=en

九廣東鐵MLR(大學 ->紅磡)
http://video.google.com/*********?do...86038714&hl=en

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old November 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #2123
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By S3N232 from a Hong Kong transport forum :

Old November 10th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #2124
hkskyline
Hong Kong

MTR Videos

東涌線韓國列車開關門(奧運站)
http://video.google.com/*********?do...78005705&hl=en

荃灣線往中環列車發車
http://video.google.com/*********?do...91960166&hl=en

地鐵荃灣線 荔景->葵芳 風景
http://video.google.com/*********?do...84068629&hl=en

荃灣線列車到站及發車
http://video.google.com/*********?do...38544405&hl=en

Old November 11th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #2125
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Regina Ip sleeps on noise problem
5 November 2007
South China Morning Post

Legislative Council by-election candidate Regina Ip Lau Suk-yee spent last night in one of the noisiest flats next to the Mass Transit Railway track in Chai Wan.

She said she wanted to see if she could have a good sleep, and to experience first-hand the noise of MTR trains running on the elevated track that threads through the public housing estates in the area.

"It is the first time I have stayed in a public housing flat. I think I should experience the grass-roots life. I have been quite lucky in the past; the places where I have lived were not crowded and had no noise problems," she said.

Mrs Ip slept in one of three bedrooms in a 600-square-foot flat owned by the Lee family at Tsui Shou House in Tsui Wan Estate, Chai Wan.

Flat owner Lee Sang, 75, said he was happy about Mrs Ip's visit as his many complaints about the noise problems in the past had been ignored. Mr Lee has been living in the flat with his wife Kwong Kuen-hop, 70, for 20 years. The bedroom Mrs Ip stayed in belonged to their daughter, who moved out for the night.

Mrs Ip met the Lees during a visit to the district last Friday and the Lees invited her to stay there one night to experience for herself how bad the noise problem was.

Last Tuesday Mrs Ip's election rival Anson Chan Fang On-sang also went to rundown homes of grass-roots families in Sham Shui Po and Western. Mrs Chan distributed election leaflets in Stanley yesterday afternoon.

Commenting on reports that the gap between her popularity rating and that of Mrs Ip was narrowing, Mrs Chan said she would not underestimate her rival and might revise strategies if needed.

Other candidates in next month's by-election are unionist Stanley Chaing, social activist Ho Loy, barrister Lee Wing-kin, solicitor Siu See-kong, company director Cecilia Ling, and worker Lau Yuk-shing.

Old November 12th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #2126
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
By Ku.Hiker from a Hong Kong transport forum :

It seems trainwrapping is starting to get into the MTR.

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 09:22 AM   #2127
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANCH View Post
It seems trainwrapping is starting to get into the MTR.
They've done this type of advertising before (I recall it was McDonald's).

Old November 12th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #2128
superchan7
EOS 40D

Likes (Received): 23

I think more specifically, it's the first time I've seen it on TCL. I've seen plenty on the urban lines.
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #2129
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 6

Sorry to say Im out of touch...I read about the plans for WIL and SIL...and about the KCR-MTR merger...

what stage have the WIL, SIL, and merger reached? I was in HK only last year, but didnt have time to check out the southwest of the island or use the KCR...

Cheers, m
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #2130
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
They've done this type of advertising before (I recall it was McDonald's).
Yes it was Mc Donalds but it was not as fully wrap as the recent one. They did it graffiti style similar to the NY subway cars of the 70s-80s.

Anyway, I like the idea of train-wrapping at least the K and M-stocks. They look too plain on the side. On the other hand, I don't think people don't pay too much attention since most MTR station have double-screen doors.

Old November 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #2131
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by allurban View Post
Sorry to say Im out of touch...I read about the plans for WIL and SIL...and about the KCR-MTR merger...

what stage have the WIL, SIL, and merger reached? I was in HK only last year, but didnt have time to check out the southwest of the island or use the KCR...

Cheers, m
WIL is firmed and approved. It should start construction next year.

SIL is still in talk and being finalized. It should be concluded in the next few months, rumors are saying by the end of this year.

The merge is approved as well. The two will officially merge into one on Dec. 2, 2007.
Old November 12th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #2132
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANCH View Post
Yes it was Mc Donalds but it was not as fully wrap as the recent one. They did it graffiti style similar to the NY subway cars of the 70s-80s.

Anyway, I like the idea of train-wrapping at least the K and M-stocks. They look too plain on the side. On the other hand, I don't think people don't pay too much attention since most MTR station have double-screen doors.
The Elements ad isn't for the whole train either. It's only for certain cars.

Old November 13th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #2133
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
The Elements ad isn't for the whole train either. It's only for certain cars.
Most likely the red one lines or The Tung Chung Line.

Anyway, here's the MTR Mc Donalds ad

Old November 13th, 2007, 07:47 AM   #2134
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Flashback - West Rail Opening

Old November 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #2135
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Hong Kong Metro Firm Could Run Crossrail
12 November 2007
The Evening Standard

CROSSRAIL could be run by the Chinese company that operates the Hong Kong metro, it emerged today.

Mayor Ken Livingstone said MTR was one of a number of firms interested in the £16 billion scheme. Crossrail will provide a link through London, from Berkshire and Heathrow in the west to Canary Wharf and Essex in the east.

MTR has already teamed up with construction giant Laing to run London Overground - the former Silverlink metro services that Transport for London has just taken overall charge of.

The Chinese operator, whose Hong Kong metro is rated a success, is keen to expand its European operations.

Mr Livingstone was speaking as he launched the Overground today. He wants control of other overland rail franchises in London and said, only semi-jokingly, Silverlink was 'the first of 11 rail franchises to be transferred to TfL'.

Under the new regime, MTR and Laing will together own the holding company London Overground Rail Operations Ltd. It will manage what was the North London line, West London line, Barking-Gospel Oak line, and services run between Watford Junction and Euston

The Mayor rejected claims by the RMT rail union that service and safety would be 'undermined' by the Overground scheme with MTR. He said Bob Crow, the RMT leader, 'should come here and see for himself the extra security and better service with trains starting an hour earlier and finishing an hour later.'

Old November 13th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #2136
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old November 13th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #2137
hkskyline
Hong Kong

鄭汝樺:港鐵研推月票周票
11月 10日 星期六 05:10AM

【明報專訊】市民等待已久的鐵路月票有眉目;運輸及房屋局長鄭汝樺 昨日向立法會 議員表示,港鐵正研究日後推出月票或周票,地鐵 回應時只表示不時檢討票務優惠。當局又估計,西港島線落成啟用後兩年,平均每天可吸引20萬人次乘客,預計會搶走其他交通工具約一成客量。

西港島線料搶其他交通一成客量

立法會交通事務委員會屬下的鐵路事宜小組,昨天舉行會議討論西港島線。民主黨 鄭家富 不滿當局大力注資地鐵,但無要求提供任何票務優惠。鄭汝樺回應時透露,兩鐵合併 後的港鐵公司,會研究推出月票及周票,但她沒有透露更多有關細節。

運輸及房屋局發言人其後補充,明白市民對鐵路票價關注,政府會繼續鼓勵鐵路公司因應其營運狀和社會需要,盡可能推出優惠措施。本身是交通事務委員會主席的鄭家富認為,政府大筆注資地鐵,應有較強議價能力:「所有大城市(鐵路服務)都有月票,不明為何香港沒有?這種交通補助,對地鐵來說是除笨有精。」

地鐵發言人回覆本報查詢時重申,西港島線作為港島線延續,使用的票價模式亦和港島線收費系統相同;地鐵亦會不時檢討有關票務優惠。

小巴業界憂難有策略應戰

西港島線預計在2013年至2014年期間落成並啟用,立法會鐵路事宜小組主席劉健儀 認為西港島線車站覆蓋範圍相當大,要求當局交代對其他交通工具的影響。運輸及房屋局副秘書長容偉雄透露,當局估計直至2016年,西港島線每天會有20萬人次使用,會減低其他交通工具的客量約10%。

新巴、城巴 發言人表示,因有關支線仍未落成,現時不作評估。公共專線小型巴士聯合總商會主席梁雄坦言難有策略應戰:「政府好像歧視小巴……這些大型交通工具有人認同, 又有優惠,肯定打擊業界。」

另外鐵路事宜小組昨天通過政府對西港島線首期約4億元注資安排,有關撥款申請將於本月22日工務小組再議決,並訂於下月14日在財務委員會上審議。

Old November 14th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #2138
hkth

Likes (Received): 25

Gov't Press Release:
LCQ18: Passenger seats on platforms of railway stations
Old November 14th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #2139
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Flashback - Tseung Kwan O Line Opening

Old November 19th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #2140
hkskyline
Hong Kong

MTR & KCR Station Location Maps
http://www.hk365day.com/mtr/Railway/..._map/main.html

Tags
hongkong, metro