daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 3rd, 2004, 05:26 PM   #201
xePh3roK
Hong Kong / 香港

Likes (Received): 1

Airport Exhibition Centre Station
Project Description
An international exhibition centre called AsiaWorld-Expo will be built near the Hong Kong International Airport to host large-scale trade fairs and exhibitions. To better serve the needs of the exhibitors and visitors, the Airport Express Line (AEL) will be extended to AsiaWorld-Expo by the time of its opening in 2005. A new station integrated with AsiaWorld-Expo will be located at the end of the extended AEL. The extension will provide convenient access to the exhibition centre for visitors from the central business district and the stations of MTR network.

xePh3roK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2004, 05:27 PM   #202
xePh3roK
Hong Kong / 香港

West Island Line & South Island Line
Introduction
The Hong Kong Government invited the Corporation in early 2003 to undertake further studies on the South Island Line and West Island Line Phase 1 to :

a. examine modifications to its preliminary proposal on South Island Line with a view to arriving at a more cost-effective option, in particular options in railway technology;

b. proceed with further planning on the West Island Line from Sheung Wan to Belcher including a possible link with the South Island Line.

The Corporation agrees with Government that there are substantial benefits in linking the two lines and submitted a project proposal for the West Island Line and South Island Line to the Government at the end of March 2004.

Old September 3rd, 2004, 07:53 PM   #203
InitialD18

Likes (Received): 0

huawei: there are 50+ Light rail station in hk and 50+ tram station ...
there are currently around 70 MTR+KCR heavy rail station
and there will be 80+ heavy rail station by the end of this year ...
InitialD18 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2004, 08:24 AM   #204
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by xePh3roK
Airport Exhibition Centre Station
Project Description
An international exhibition centre called AsiaWorld-Expo will be built near the Hong Kong International Airport to host large-scale trade fairs and exhibitions. To better serve the needs of the exhibitors and visitors, the Airport Express Line (AEL) will be extended to AsiaWorld-Expo by the time of its opening in 2005. A new station integrated with AsiaWorld-Expo will be located at the end of the extended AEL. The extension will provide convenient access to the exhibition centre for visitors from the central business district and the stations of MTR network.

I read a news article a few weeks ago about the fare between AsiaWorld-Expo and Hong Kong Station, Central will be cheaper than between Airport and HK Station (It's way cheaper). I forgot the exact amount, something less than $30 (one-way between Central and Airport is $100). The question is how MTR is gonna distingush people going to Airport or AisaWorld-Expo. The fare is at least HK$70 differnet per person.

BTW, the travel time is 25 minutes from Hong Kong Station to AsiaWrold-Expo, 2 minutes from Airport Statoin.
Old September 11th, 2004, 07:53 PM   #205
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18195

If you can't see the photos, visit :
http://www.busforum.net/~hkbf/viewtopic.php?t=230004

Inside a subway train :
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATE135

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2004, 01:38 PM   #206
pakchi70
東京湾景~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricIsHim
I read a news article a few weeks ago about the fare between AsiaWorld-Expo and Hong Kong Station, Central will be cheaper than between Airport and HK Station (It's way cheaper). I forgot the exact amount, something less than $30 (one-way between Central and Airport is $100). The question is how MTR is gonna distingush people going to Airport or AisaWorld-Expo. The fare is at least HK$70 differnet per person.

BTW, the travel time is 25 minutes from Hong Kong Station to AsiaWrold-Expo, 2 minutes from Airport Statoin.
as MTR will use Tung Chung line trains to run between HK station and AsiaWrold-Expo, so this could distingush
pakchi70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #207
OBman
-The Potential Architect-

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaiwei
Agreed...provided you dont speak it with that "slurry" tone so common amongst some speakers!

I liked the Mandarin pronounciation in the MTR trains....the way Mandarin should sound like? Ironically, I find the Taiwanese have the most pleasant sounding accent for Mandarin!
hahah i find malaysian, singaporean and especially taiwanese manderin really easy on the ear to listen to. maybe coz most of my my maderin i learned from my malaysian friends. I met some mainland chinses... whom i tried to speak my... embarassing manderin to.. i was lagging so much when they spoke, their manderin had so much "r" sound ....
yeh and i learned alot of my manderin from jay chou, david tai and wong lee hom, apparently my chinese friend said jay chou's manderin is not good for me to learn.

funny thing... any of u guys heard Jay's new album? his 1st track named "my territory" he deliberatly improvise the mainland manderin sound "r"

btw... a forumer said he saw the MTR lady, and said she was pretty... do any of u guys have a picture?? hahahahah
OBman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #208
natethetransitfreak

i love that british english on MTR trains! especially the "please mind the gap"
natethetransitfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2004, 08:18 PM   #209
xePh3roK
Hong Kong / 香港

Quote:
Originally Posted by natethetransitfreak
I like the "Please mind the platform gap when alighting" much more on KCR-East rail and the Mandarin version "乘客落車時,請小心月台與車廂之間的空隙" (translated: Please mind the platform gap when alighting) sounds really funny, no idea why
Old September 15th, 2004, 06:12 AM   #210
Sher
patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by natethetransitfreak
lol I've the same feel, but I really hate the Mandarin version in both MTR and KCR, her voice is just disturbing.
btw, anyone know since when mtr make mandarin announcement second?
Old September 15th, 2004, 06:29 AM   #211
Sher
patience

Kowloon MTR Station around mid-night

Old September 15th, 2004, 06:55 AM   #212
natethetransitfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher
lol I've the same feel, but I really hate the Mandarin version in both MTR and KCR, her voice is just disturbing.
btw, anyone know since when mtr make mandarin announcement second?
I have to agree too. I think they started the Mandarin last September. I think the Mandarin is said by another lady. I wish they would put Mandarin 3rd, English 2nd

Last edited by natethetransitfreak; September 16th, 2004 at 12:39 AM.
Old September 16th, 2004, 04:31 PM   #213
HKT

Likes (Received): 4

地 鐵 , 從 1979 年 10 月 1 日 正 式 通 車 至 今 , 九 千 多 天 連 續 接 載 乘 客 , 風 雨 不 改 。 2004 年 的 今 年 , 地 鐵 已 度 過 了 第 25 個 年 頭 , 並 會 陸 續 舉 辦 不 同 的 慶 祝 活 動 , 包 括 今 周 日 推 出 25 周 年 紀 念 票 套 裝 。 地 鐵 給 你 的 印 象 , 是 電 影 《 緣 份 》 中 哥 哥 與 曼 玉 在 地 鐵 車 廂 內 你 追 我 逐 的 浪 漫 情 景 , 抑 或 是 Danny 仔 的 《 幾 分 鐘 的 約 會 》 中 「 地 下 鐵 碰 她 」 ? 每 個 人 的 記 憶 都 不 同 , 今 日 就 讓 大 家 一 起 追 尋 吧 !
記 者 : 何 善 華
攝 影 : 周 旭 文  
部 份 相 片 提 供 : 地 鐵 有 限 公 司

■ 以 紀 念 車 票 砌 出 「 25 」 , 代 表 「 7910 」 四 人 與 地 鐵 同 步 成 長 至 25 歲 。

四 位 於 1979 年 出 生 的 青 年 人 , 不 約 而 同 均 是 於 地 鐵 首 次 通 車 的 10 月 份 「 來 到 人 間 」 , 不 經 不 覺 已 經 跟 隨 地 鐵 同 步 成 長 至 25 歲 , 當 中 的 關 係 可 謂 千 絲 萬 縷 。
記 得 地 鐵 公 司 1989 年 10 月 舉 辦 「 十 分 興 奮 十 周 年 」 紀 念 活 動 , 當 時 凡 於 1979 年 10 月 份 出 生 的 小 朋 友 , 都 可 到 各 地 鐵 站 張 登 記 表 格 填 妥 , 不 久 就 有 專 函 寄 來 通 知 小 朋 友 親 身 到 位 於 九 龍 灣 的 地 鐵 大 樓 「 拎 獎 品 」 。 猶 記 得 獎 品 豐 富 之 餘 兼 且 唔 係 人 人 有 份 , 可 以 話 係 有 錢 都 買 唔 到 , 如 10 周 年 紀 念 書 包 、 10 周 年 生 日 卡 同 埋 紀 念 車 票 乙 張 。 這 四 人 實 在 受 惠 不 少 , 更 自 稱 為 「 7910 」 地 鐵 聯 盟 。

■ 手 執 1989 年 獨 家 的 10 周 年 生 日 卡 , 「 7910 」 地 鐵 聯 盟 正 式 成 立 。 ( 左 起 ) Philip 、 Wah 、 Valerie 、 Oliver

心 目 中 的 紀 念 車 票
Philip   7 . 1 回 歸 票 好 珍 藏
Philip 話 地 鐵 10 周 年 時 錯 過 了 換 取 精 品 的 機 會 , 非 常 失 望 。 但 對 於 地 鐵 的 感 覺 依 舊 充 滿 希 冀 , 好 似 即 將 竣 工 的 迪 士 尼 公 園 , 有 傳 聞 明 年 會 有 一 個 新 設 地 鐵 站 連 接 竹 篙 灣 , 到 時 便 可 以 和 家 人 一 同 乘 搭 地 鐵 穿 梭 往 返 。 「 重 記 得 1997 年 7 月 1 日 香 港 回 歸 當 日 , 地 鐵 特 別 推 出 了 回 歸 紀 念 車 票 , 我 覺 得 呢 張 車 票 背 後 意 義 非 常 大 , 可 謂 見 證 了 另 一 段 香 港 的 歷 史 , 好 珍 而 重 之 咁 收 藏 , 將 來 再 拿 出 來 從 頭 細 味 。 」

■ Philip 認 為 單 看 地 鐵 過 去 推 出 的 紀 念 車 票 , 正 是 香 港 歷 史 演 變 的 縮 影 。

Valerie   專 挑 卡 通 人 物 車 票
「 我 一 向 都 無 特 別 儲 地 鐵 推 出 紀 念 車 票 或 精 品 , 而 我 第 一 次 肯 排 長 龍 買 車 票 , 就 係 多 啦 A 夢 的 紀 念 車 票 , 重 有 一 個 好 得 意 多 啦 A 夢 手 電 筒 , 家 都 唔 捨 得 拆 出 來 。 」 Valerie 表 示 自 此 之 後 除 了 心 儀 的 卡 通 人 物 推 出 紀 念 車 票 外 , 往 後 的 日 子 亦 很 難 發 現 她 會 捱 眼 排 隊 買 票 , 不 過 近 期 的 和 路 迪 士 尼 系 列 、 日 本 動 畫 大 師 宮 崎 駿 電 影 系 列 和 Hello Kitty 的 紀 念 車 票 套 裝 , Valerie 亦 甘 心 花 個 多 小 時 去 輪 購 。

■ Valerie 坦 言 地 鐵 推 出 的 卡 通 人 物 紀 念 車 票 才 會 吸 引 她 搶 購 。

Oliver 模 擬 車 長 搞 搞 震
1998 年 地 鐵 新 設 的 東 涌 線 及 機 場 快 線 正 式 投 入 服 務 , 此 舉 無 疑 實 現 了 Oliver 的 童 年 夢 想 。 「 我 細 細 個 搭 地 鐵 就 好 鍾 意 車 長 的 一 舉 一 動 , 每 當 到 達 車 站 時 總 會 伸 個 頭 出 去 睇 車 長 做 緊 乜 , 重 記 得 有 次 俾 車 長 鬧 , 叫 我 快 縮 番 個 頭 入 車 廂 內 。 」 Oliver 話 車 長 給 他 的 感 覺 好 威 勇 又 嚴 肅 , 曾 經 憧 憬 自 己 有 朝 一 日 會 當 上 車 長 載 乘 客 「 周 圍 走 」 。 而 98 年 推 出 的 東 涌 線 及 機 場 快 線 紀 念 車 票 套 裝 包 括 兩 輛 地 鐵 小 型 模 型 列 車 , 可 讓 Oliver 一 嘗 當 「 手 動 車 長 」 的 滋 味 。

■ Oliver 對 心 愛 的 地 鐵 模 型 列 車 愛 不 釋 手 , 希 望 將 來 可 以 當 上 真 正 的 列 車 車 長 。

■ 隨 手 就 可 以 控 制 列 車 自 如 , 在 天 橋 路 軌 上 「 橫 行 」 。

每 隔 5 年 大 搞 周 年 紀 念
地 鐵 公 司 差 不 多 隔 5 年 便 會 大 搞 一 次 周 年 紀 念 , 每 次 的 舉 辦 活 動 排 列 得 密 麻 麻 。 今 年 正 是 地 鐵 通 車 25 周 年 , 你 又 知 否 地 鐵 即 將 會 有 甚 麼 新 搞 作 ? 或 許 可 以 從 過 去 的 周 年 紀 念 而 略 知 一 二 吧 !

年 份 : 1979 年  
紀 念 : 通 車 日
地 鐵 於 1979 年 正 式 通 車 前 一 天 9 月 30 日 , 首 次 印 製 了 紀 念 車 票 , 售 價 10 元 , 並 全 數 撥 捐 公 益 金 。 隨 紀 念 車 票 可 獲 贈 一 本 記 載 各 車 站 和 鐵 路 操 作 詳 情 的 地 鐵 歷 史 紀 念 冊 。

年 份 : 1985 年  
紀 念 : 港 島 線 首 次 通 車 日
1985 年 5 月 31 日 , 地 鐵 港 島 線 首 次 通 車 。 地 鐵 公 司 於 通 車 當 日 發 行 了 紀 念 車 票 , 正 式 踏 入 了 地 鐵 跨 區 行 駛 的 新 一 頁 。

年 份 : 1989 年  
紀 念 : 10 周 年 紀 念
地 鐵 10 周 年 紀 念 , 於 1989 年 舉 辦 「 十 分 興 奮 十 周 年 」 紀 念 活 動 , 推 出 10 周 年 紀 念 車 票 , 售 價 10 元 。 乘 客 在 10 月 1 日 可 無 限 次 乘 坐 地 鐵 , 而 於 1979 年 10 月 份 出 生 的 小 朋 友 更 可 獲 贈 精 美 禮 物 。

年 份 : 1994 年  
紀 念 : 15 周 年 紀 念
以 曾 參 與 的 慈 善 籌 款 活 動 為 題 發 行 紀 念 車 票 , 包 括 兩 張 地 鐵 15 周 年 紀 念 車 票 、 一 本 紀 念 冊 和 一 遊 戲 卡 , 乘 客 更 可 於 10 月 1 日 當 天 無 限 次 乘 坐 地 鐵 。 所 得 的 收 益 合 共 港 幣 637 萬 , 全 數 撥 捐 公 益 金 , 打 破 了 地 鐵 過 往 捐 款 的 紀 錄 。

年 份 : 1999 年  
紀 念 : 20 周 年 紀 念
20 周 年 時 , 於 1999 年 10 月 1 日 , 推 出 限 量 版 紀 念 票 套 裝 , 隨 票 附 送 經 典 第 一 代 及 現 代 化 地 鐵 列 車 模 型 各 一 部 , 見 證 和 回 顧 了 地 鐵 公 司 過 去 20 年 的 歷 史 。

年 份 : 2004 年  
紀 念 : 25 周 年 紀 念
今 年 為 地 鐵 25 周 年 紀 念 , 地 鐵 公 司 將 於 9 月 19 日 推 出 25 周 年 紀 念 票 套 裝 , 包 括 4 張 紀 念 票 、 一 輛 地 鐵 25 周 年 紀 念 列 車 及 一 本 地 鐵 里 程 小 冊 子 。 每 張 紀 念 車 票 由 購 買 當 日 至 11 月 30 日 可 享 有 兩 次 車 程 使 用 。 車 票 為 雙 面 設 計 , 展 現 地 鐵 在 過 去 25 年 來 對 香 港 社 區 建 設 所 作 出 的 貢 獻 。

地 鐵 歷 史 里 程 碑
由 1979 年 走 到 2004 年 , 當 中 25 年 的 歷 史 見 證 了 香 港 的 新 舊 變 化 , 如 港 督 更 替 、 香 港 回 歸 、 新 機 場 開 幕 、 地 鐵 上 市 等 焦 點 新 聞 , 而 陪 同 地 鐵 成 長 的 每 位 香 港 市 民 , 對 地 鐵 過 去 25 年 的 事 , 你 又 知 多 少 呢 ?

1979 年 :
地 鐵 正 式 通 車 投 入 服 務
1979 年 9 月 30 日 , 當 時 的 港 督 麥 理 浩 爵 士 乘 搭 首 班 載 客 的 地 鐵 列 車 , 主 持 通 車 儀 式 。 觀 塘 站 與 石 硤 尾 站 一 段 鐵 路 正 式 投 入 服 務 , 首 日 載 客 量 達 28 萬 5 千 人 次 。

1985 年 :
港 島 線 通 車 啟 航
港 島 線 ( 柴 灣 至 金 鐘 ) 於 1985 年 5 月 31 日 投 入 服 務 , 當 時 的 港 督 尤 德 爵 士 為 新 線 主 持 通 車 儀 式 。

1989 年 :
東 區 海 底 隧 道 路 段 通 車
1989 年 8 月 5 日 , 全 長 4.6 公 里 的 地 鐵 東 區 海 底 隧 道 地 段 ( 觀 塘 至 魚 涌 ) 正 式 通 車 , 為 乘 客 提 供 另 一 途 徑 乘 地 鐵 過 海 。

1998 年 :
東 涌 線 及 機 場 快 線 投 入 服 務
1998 年 7 月 6 日 , 來 往 赤 角 香 港 國 際 機 場 和 香 港 市 區 的 機 場 快 線 正 式 投 入 服 務 。 同 年 6 月 22 日 , 全 長 30.8 公 里 的 東 涌 線 亦 正 式 通 車 。 機 場 快 線 正 式 投 入 當 日 , 地 鐵 公 司 推 出 了 限 量 版 「 機 場 快 線 」 列 車 模 型 。

1997 年 :
八 達 通 的 誕 生
八 達 通 卡 在 1997 年 9 月 正 式 面 世 , 不 但 讓 乘 客 憑 一 張 卡 即 可 乘 坐 6 種 公 共 交 通 工 具 , 更 取 代 了 過 往 的 儲 值 車 票 入 閘 方 法 。

2000 年 :
地 鐵 公 司 上 市 廣 招 股 東
2000 年 10 月 正 式 上 市 , 地 鐵 股 票 的 香 港 聯 合 交 易 所 編 號 為 「 66 」 , 並 納 入 為 生 指 數 成 份 股 。 亦 推 出 紀 念 票 套 裝 供 地 鐵 股 東 獨 家 認 購 。

穿 梭 地 鐵 考 考 你
1. 地 鐵 公 司 第 一 代 的 荃 灣 線 中 , 今 天 的 「 美 孚 站 」 , 於 當 年 是 以 哪 個 名 稱 命 名 呢 ?

2. 於 現 時 50 個 地 鐵 站 中 , 哪 兩 個 車 站 的 相 差 距 離 最 短 途 ?

3. 哪 個 地 鐵 車 站 有 最 多 的 出 入 閘 機 ?

4. 過 去 25 年 中 , 地 鐵 公 司 推 出 單 程 車 票 , 最 低 的 是 多 少 票 值 ?

5 來 往 地 鐵 月 台 與 地 面 的 扶 手 電 梯 中 , 現 時 哪 一 個 車 站 的 扶 手 電 梯 , 直 達 地 底 車 站 最 具 深 度 ?

答 案 :
1. 荔 灣 站

2. 旺 角 站 與 太 子 站

3. 九 龍 塘 站 , 共 66 個

4. 1979 年 , 港 幣 1 元

5. 魚 涌 站 , 最 深 達 37 米

■ 就 是 這 套 「 電 影 一 世 紀 紀 念 票 」 , 教 小 記 經 歷 了 買 車 票 變 入 醫 院 的 離 奇 遭 遇 。

小 記 有 感 : 排 隊 買 飛 排 到 入 醫 院
至 於 「 7910 」 地 鐵 聯 盟 的 會 員 Wah , 其 實 真 正 身 份 是 本 文 記 者 。 自 細 已 愛 儲 地 鐵 推 出 的 紀 念 車 票 , 家 中 收 藏 的 超 過 100 套 , 連 地 鐵 上 市 都 參 與 成 為 股 東 之 一 。 但 留 下 最 深 刻 印 象 的 , 是 1996 年 推 出 的 「 電 影 一 世 紀 紀 念 票 」 。 「 記 得 當 日 下 毛 毛 細 雨 , 又 因 為 趕 住 排 隊 沒 有 食 早 餐 , 排 到 中 途 已 覺 全 身 乏 力 , 問 前 面 排 隊 人 借 白 花 油 搽 頭 都 無 幫 助 , 最 後 不 支 倒 地 暈 。 」 醒 回 時 發 覺 自 己 身 處 醫 院 , 但 最 終 都 如 願 買 了 該 次 的 紀 念 車 票 。 不 過 原 來 地 鐵 公 司 收 藏 的 紀 念 精 品 還 不 及 我 多 呢 !
HKT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2004, 06:20 PM   #214
xePh3roK
Hong Kong / 香港

Congratulation to MTR
Old September 16th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #215
natethetransitfreak

Anywhere I can find MTR train and station pics from the 80s?
Old September 17th, 2004, 08:43 AM   #216
playboy
BANNED

I want to look for old Lai King station photo before the Tung chung line opened.
playboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:09 PM   #217
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Airport Express & Tung Chung Line Rolling Stock

Interior - Airport Express

Source : Hong Kong Railway Society

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old September 22nd, 2004, 02:49 PM   #218
playboy
BANNED

track diagram

playboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2004, 06:58 AM   #219
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Aviation Ads on the Subway - Central Station
From a Hong Kong aviation forum :

Old September 25th, 2004, 07:06 AM   #220
ailiton
Toffy

Mody Road subway:

ailiton no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hongkong, metro