daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #1861
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18195

尖沙咀站增五出口 商戶憂影響生意
彌敦道一線封三年

28/06/2007
太陽報

【本報訊】尖沙咀地鐵站每小時人流達四萬人次,是全港人流最盛的地鐵站。為疏導人流,地鐵公司擬加建行人隧道、票務大堂及五個出入口,當工程於二○一二年竣工時,該站會成為全港最多出入口的地鐵站;而加建票務大堂的工程將採取明挖方式興建,彌敦道將有一條行車線要封閉,為期長達三年,地鐵認為工程不會對彌敦道交通帶來太大影響,但有商戶擔心施工期間會打擊生意。

地鐵公司高級統籌工程師鄧伯洪表示,新建的票務大堂位置接近重建中的東英大廈所在的彌敦道地下,工程會以明挖方式進行,施工期為三年,期間挖掘地點會間歇遷移,故此南及北行的彌敦道各一段約四十米的行車線,將輪流封閉。

預計2012年竣工
行人隧道工程則會以暗挖形式進行,新的行人隧道連同票務大堂,總長二百米,由尖沙咀北面月台開始,五個新增的出入口設於美麗華商場地庫、美麗華酒店地庫、重建後的東英大廈地庫、九龍公園及柏麗購物大道。鄧稱,工程對附近的交通不會構成太大影響。地鐵亦將於下月諮詢區議會,明年動工,預計二○一二年竣工。

位於柏麗購物大道的商戶楊小姐表示,附近一帶商舖月租由二十五萬元至四十多萬元不等,位置愈接近地鐵站,租金愈高。她擔心改善工程最終會令租金上揚,同時也擔心施工期間帶來滋擾,生意會受影響。

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #1862
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
尖沙咀站增五出口 商戶憂影響生意
彌敦道一線封三年

28/06/2007
It's a great plan; hope will become reality soon.
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #1863
sfgadv02

Likes (Received): 44

Is there any plan that would help relieve the crowds in TST platforms? During rush hour people have to wait for 2 or 3 trains in order to squeeze themselves in.
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:35 AM   #1864
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Likes (Received): 22

Admiralty is just as bad as TST if not worse, after all, it feeds people into TST
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #1865
EricIsHim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgadv02 View Post
Is there any plan that would help relieve the crowds in TST platforms? During rush hour people have to wait for 2 or 3 trains in order to squeeze themselves in.
No. The crowds are because the service demand is over capacity.
The train is already running at every 2-3 minutes. This is extremely frequent; and increasing frequency will also lead to safety concern with trains run to close to each other.

Having a larger platform and more room, you will feel more comfortable. But you are not going to be able to get on the train any sooner.
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:31 AM   #1866
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_t View Post
Admiralty is just as bad as TST if not worse, after all, it feeds people into TST
Of course but I don't think it's the crowded as TST. Admiralty is a main changing point. But for those coming in west, they can just ride it at Central.

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 09:25 AM   #1867
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Shouldn't the Tsuen Wan line along Nathan Road see less people these days as residents in Tsuen Wan can get there quicker using the Tung Chung Line to transfer at Lai King while east Kowloon and TKO residents can transfer at North Point instead?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old June 29th, 2007, 09:30 AM   #1868
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Shouldn't the Tsuen Wan line along Nathan Road see less people these days as residents in Tsuen Wan can get there quicker using the Tung Chung Line to transfer at Lai King while east Kowloon and TKO residents can transfer at North Point instead?
That would be true. In fact I take the Tung Chung Line whenever I have to go to Mei-Foo from Central instead of going through Tsim Sha Tsui / Mongkok.

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 09:34 AM   #1869
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANCH View Post
That would be true. In fact I take the Tung Chung Line whenever I have to go to Mei-Foo from Central instead of going through Tsim Sha Tsui / Mongkok.
Well, that's the whole point of that interchange in Lai King. The Tung Chung Line serves as a relief line for the Nathan Road corridor. Hence some trains run to Tsing Yi only to accomodate the crowds.

Old June 29th, 2007, 01:32 PM   #1870
cal_t
Transport Advocate

But having said that, it costs more to take the TCL to Mei Foo from Central. If I have time, I know what option I'll take!
Old June 29th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #1871
hkth

Likes (Received): 25

MTR Press Release:
MTR Fosters Caring Culture in Service Delivery
Old June 29th, 2007, 06:33 PM   #1872
herenthere
I♥H.K.

Likes (Received): 70

I guess situation at TST is similar to NYC Transit system; in a recent study you can see how some lines are just packed (on 4,5,6 trains like Tokyo Metro during rush hour-sardines)

From http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/26/ny...in&oref=slogin
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #1873
sfgadv02

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
In Admiralty, the station is much larger than TST, so it feels like there are less crowds, but in TST it's such a smaller platform compared to Admiralty. I think the crowds actually grew worst after the opening of ETST.
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #1874
aznichiro115

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
But having said that, it costs more to take the TCL to Mei Foo from Central. If I have time, I know what option I'll take!
no it doesn't, same cost. once in the mtr system, all lines cost the same, except for AEL. from north point to prince edward, taking either way cost the same
aznichiro115 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 08:26 PM   #1875
EricIsHim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgadv02 View Post
In Admiralty, the station is much larger than TST, so it feels like there are less crowds, but in TST it's such a smaller platform compared to Admiralty. I think the crowds actually grew worst after the opening of ETST.
well, Admiralty was designed to be an interchange since the first day; but TST wasn't. As TST get more developed and connected with KCR, it is now handling more people than expected.
Old June 30th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #1876
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznichiro115 View Post
no it doesn't, same cost. once in the mtr system, all lines cost the same, except for AEL. from north point to prince edward, taking either way cost the same
HKG station is not the same as Central station but, and, you have to exit the fare gates at Central to get to HKG as they are two seperate stations. I've looked at the fare site to see that it is standardised now, but when first introduced it wasn't.
Old June 30th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #1877
Rachmaninov

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
HKG station is not the same as Central station but, and, you have to exit the fare gates at Central to get to HKG as they are two seperate stations. I've looked at the fare site to see that it is standardised now, but when first introduced it wasn't.
No you don't need to leave Central station to get to HK station. There's a direct tunnel linking the platforms and you didn't have to pass through any barriers.
Old June 30th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #1878
herenthere
I♥H.K.

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachmaninov View Post
No you don't need to leave Central station to get to HK station. There's a direct tunnel linking the platforms and you didn't have to pass through any barriers.
Actually, you do have to pass through barriers. Once you pass the tunnel from Central and walk pass the two travellators, you have to exit the paid area and take an elevator to the Hong Kong station concourse (bottom of IFC mall). If anyone visits the station, you could take a pic of a map showing the entire station layout.
Old July 1st, 2007, 06:17 AM   #1879
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenthere View Post
Actually, you do have to pass through barriers. Once you pass the tunnel from Central and walk pass the two travellators, you have to exit the paid area and take an elevator to the Hong Kong station concourse (bottom of IFC mall). If anyone visits the station, you could take a pic of a map showing the entire station layout.
LOL I knew I was right all along. Thanks for the clarification. I think the travellator is what you have to take. I didn't remember having to switch levels using an escalator.
Old July 1st, 2007, 06:51 AM   #1880
aznichiro115

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenthere View Post
Quote:
LOL I knew I was right all along. Thanks for the clarification. I think the travellator is what you have to take. I didn't remember having to switch levels using an escalator.
no you are both wrong, i will try to go there is week,
aznichiro115 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hongkong, metro