daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #1901
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18177

One-stop machine for MTR services
20 July 2007
South China Morning Post

New MTR self-service machines armed with video cameras and a slew of features for passengers with ticket problems will debut on Sunday in Hong Kong Station.

Two new machines, located at the entrance to the Tung Chung line, allow passengers unable to pass through turnstiles to resolve problems without seeking staff assistance.

The machines can update entry and exit records and resolve problems for people who have lost their tickets or travelled farther than their ticket's designated destination.

MTR Corp spokeswoman Amy Cheung Hiu-yan said the machines were easy to use for people who were not tech-savvy. If a customer is having trouble, they can press a button and a station assistant will appear on the screen to help guide the user.

"Say I don't know how to use buttons," she said. "I just press the assistance button and I can connect to the station control room {hellip} and they can take me step by step through the monitor how to do it."

The machines, which are slightly larger than the present add-value machines, cost about HK$700,000 each. They will be on trial in Hong Kong Station for an indefinite period, Ms Cheung said. Customer reaction will determine whether they will be placed in all MTR stations.

Stephen Hall, a Mui Wo resident passing through Hong Kong Station yesterday, said that even though he was usually wary of automated services, the addition of the video camera made the machines intriguing.

Sophia Un Lap-man, 18, a Macau resident visiting Hong Kong to go shopping, said the money could go to better use. "You could actually just hire people to do that and {hellip} unemployment would be lower," she said.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #1902
hkskyline
Hong Kong

^ Photo of the machine

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old July 20th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #1903
hkth

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
^ Photo of the machine
MTR Press Release:
MTR Introduces Self-Service Point for Greater Ticketing Convenience
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #1904
ccya965041
Hikaru.J

Likes (Received): 0

Here's my Hong Kong MTR's Introduction Website.

http://www.hk365day.com/mtr/

It has all the station Introduction,Train's Video,route induction,etc..
Hope it can help all the MTR friends to have a clear image for HK MTR:-)

Last edited by ccya965041; August 1st, 2007 at 05:38 PM.
ccya965041 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:35 AM   #1905
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

Anyone manage to get a glimpse of the Hello Kitty display at Central Station . There's a whole train car that's entirely Hello Kitty themed. I had my camera with me but.... I was hesitant to take any shots .
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:02 PM   #1906
ccya965041
Hikaru.J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybean View Post
Anyone manage to get a glimpse of the Hello Kitty display at Central Station . There's a whole train car that's entirely Hello Kitty themed. I had my camera with me but.... I was hesitant to take any shots .
It have shown for a week already.
But I think this Hello Kitty Train isn't beautiful then the previous one.
Anyway,I hope I can take it for you because I will go to WAC HKECP.

PS:It's not in CEN,it's in HOK!
Old July 29th, 2007, 07:07 AM   #1907
hkskyline
Hong Kong

MTR blames weather for child escalator mishaps
28 July 2007
South China Morning Post

The MTR Corporation has blamed a warm summer and open-toed sandals for a two-thirds increase in escalator step-edge accidents involving children.

From January to June there have been 20 cases involving children aged 10 or younger getting their feet or shoes caught between the steps and side panels of escalators at MTR stations.

This was a 67 per cent rise from the 12 cases documented last year, said MTR head of operations Wilfred Lau Cheuk-man. "The weather is partly the cause of this," he said. "It has been very hot in Hong Kong lately and so more people wear sandals."

Footwear that exposes part of the feet, especially the toes, increases the chances of accidents, Mr Lau said.

A report released by the Consumer Council earlier this year found that the perforated plastic sandals known as Crocs, despite popular belief, were not the cause of the accidents.

It was more likely that the small size of children's feet made them more prone to getting caught, according to the report.

"For those who are wearing sandals, please stand away from the gap. Adults must take care of their children and keep them away from the gaps," Mr Lau said, reminding passengers to stand firm and hold the handrail at all times.

Despite this, Mr Lau expressed concern about the number of accidents, especially since elderly passengers accounted for 40 per cent of the cases.

"Often, the accidents involving elderly passengers are caused by their loss of balance while riding on escalators," Mr Lau said. "So we ask elderly passengers to please use the lift for a safer trip."

This was especially important if the elderly were accompanying children, Mr Lau said.

The MTR will launch a safety campaign, which will run from Monday until the end of August and will involve extensive billboard, poster, banner and digital advertising..

There will also be radio segments on escalator safety and games in the children's magazine Whiz-Kids Express Weekly.

MTR will also send 50 escalator safety ambassadors in bright green shirts to stations across the city to raise awareness of escalator safety.

The ambassadors will also offer assistance where necessary.

Old July 29th, 2007, 12:40 PM   #1908
hkskyline
Hong Kong

金鐘站不適 職員未立即送院
地鐵疑延救男乘客猝死

29/07/2007
太陽報

地鐵發生患病乘客遭延誤失救事故。一名疑有隱性心臟病男子,昨晚乘地鐵往金鐘站途中突然不適,地鐵職員被指無即時將他扶到金鐘站月台,卻要病者乘列車至上環總站,途中事主情況惡化昏迷,始召救護車送院,男子於抵院前不治,目擊過程乘客認為地鐵處理失當,有延誤救人嫌疑。

地鐵發言人解釋,職員在金鐘登上列車後,了解該男乘客情況,當時他仍清醒,曾回應「冇乜禝!」職員建議待列車至中環站才扶他下車,亦獲該名男乘客同意。當列車抵達中環站,由於乘客身形健碩,扶離列車亦有困難,職員再建議待列車到上環站才下車,亦獲他同意,職員還未召救護車,而列車由中環往上環途中,乘客情況變壞,職員即召救護車,在上環站將乘客交由救護員送院。

懷疑患隱性心臟病
死者楊祖啟(五十七歲),警員在他身上檢獲銀包及身份證等財物,但無藥物或病歷卡發現,有待聯絡家人查問,死因有待剖驗,不排除是隱性心臟病發致死。

昨晚六時許,楊在北角站登上往上環地鐵列車,當列車由灣仔站開出時,他在座位突感不適,其他乘客讓他躺尠休息,有乘客按動通話器通知車長。

乘客曾為事主急救
列車抵金鐘站後,地鐵職員上車向楊了解情況,惟未有安排他下車,反而陪同他繼續隨列車開行,擬直往上環總站。當列車開往上環站途中,楊突然昏迷,乘客懷疑他心臟病發作,曾為楊進行心外壓急救。列車抵站後,職員將楊抬出車廂,交由接報到場的救護員急送往瑪麗醫院,惜已死亡。目擊的乘客指稱,地鐵職員應於金鐘站將楊扶出急救,惟職員僅登車向他查問,且未有打算召救護車送院,疑因此令病者延誤救治。

Old July 29th, 2007, 12:41 PM   #1909
hkskyline
Hong Kong

地鐵幕門夾傷半歲嬰
母斥職員冷漠誓追究

29/07/2007
太陽報

【本報訊】一名六個月大男嬰,昨在旺角地鐵站被幕門夾傷。當時男嬰坐在嬰兒車,由母親推入車廂時,幕門突然關上,夾住男嬰手臂,其母及其他乘客見狀合力將幕門拉開,救出男嬰。男嬰母親聲稱事發時未有聽聞「嘟嘟」聲關門警號,又指摘地鐵職員於意外發生後不聞不問,態度冷漠,表示會追究責任。

乘客合力拉開幕門營救
受傷男嬰姓莊,右手臂紅腫,送院治療後已出院,其姓尹母親(三十二歲)表示,出事後是她自行報警,警員到場調查後才有地鐵職員到場,她對意外發生竟沒有地鐵職員發覺,以及沒有向她們了解深感憤怒,又指地鐵冷漠:「連一百蚊(急症室收費)都唔畀!」

尹婦與三歲大長女、一名女親友帶同幼子等一行四人,昨午二時許,在旺角地鐵站荃灣線往中環方向的月台登車,尹婦推尠嬰兒車進入車廂,女親友則在前面幫手拉,她們指月台幕門在沒有發出關門警號下突然關上,夾住嬰兒車及男嬰伸出嬰兒車外的右手。女親友見狀大驚拍打幕門,有乘客亦立刻上前幫忙拉開幕門,幕門隨即彈開,尹婦馬上將嬰兒車推回月台上,列車則駛離月台。

地鐵發言人表示,已檢查過該段時間經過該站月台的列車,所有系統包括「嘟嘟聲」警號均操作正常。

Old July 31st, 2007, 12:37 PM   #1910
hkth

Gov't Press Release:
Reappointment of Chairman of MTR Corporation Limited
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:38 PM   #1911
hkth

Gov't Press Release:
Appointments to Managing Board of Kowloon-Canton Railway Corporation
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:09 PM   #1912
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By D520 from a Hong Kong photography forum :

Old July 31st, 2007, 03:46 PM   #1913
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Dood Sound Echoes throughout the City (Professional Choice)

This card is the winning design selected by a professional judging panel. The idea of the design came from the well-known "Dood" sound you hear when using an Octopus. The winner used the digitised English and Chinese characters to create a map that illustrates the popularity and convenience of Octopus all over Hong Kong.

Wide-ranging Applications in Clothes, Food, Accommodation and Transportation (Public Voters' Choice)

This card is the most popular card design selected by online voters at the Octopus corporate website. The winner used the idea that Octopus has become a major transaction means in Hong Kong and is connected to eight of the most popular Octopus applications. The bubbles on the side imply that Octopus applications will be further extended in the future.

Old July 31st, 2007, 11:44 PM   #1914
herenthere
I♥H.K.

Likes (Received): 70

So what was the voting for? New limited edition Octopus card or a permanent design?
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:56 AM   #1915
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenthere View Post
So what was the voting for? New limited edition Octopus card or a permanent design?
Not a permanent de-design, but just a competition to celebrate Octopus' 10th anniversary.

Old August 1st, 2007, 12:27 PM   #1916
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

I always thought it was "Doot" wor, not "Dood".
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:10 PM   #1917
herenthere
I♥H.K.

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
I always thought it was "Doot" wor, not "Dood".
lol yea I was wondering that myself... I guess it depends on your impression.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:28 AM   #1918
ccya965041
Hikaru.J

Quote:
I have taken the photo.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 04:51 PM   #1919
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

Hello Kitty in a suit......... just doesn't look right to me. It's not the uniform for a girl.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 04:58 PM   #1920
iampuking

Likes (Received): 43

Isn't Hello Kitty Japanese? Why does it keep popping up in China? Do they have the rights to it?
iampuking no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hongkong, metro