daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 6th, 2005, 02:05 PM   #2121
Pedrillo

Likes (Received): 3

Thank you to all the supporters of the Madrid BID!

Congrats to the winner!
Pedrillo no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #2122
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

AS NO WINNER WAS DECIDED UPON IN ROUND THREE MADRID VOTERS WILL DECIDE THE WINNER BETWEEN EITHER PARIS OR LONDON, IF LONDON WA CLEVER ENOUGH TO MAKE AN ALLIANCE THEN THEY WILL BENEFIT UNLESS PARIS IS FAR AHEAD AND ONLY NEEDED A FEW VOTES FOR MAJORITY....WHO KNOWS??,..
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:17 PM   #2123
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6825

well, since only 2 cities left i finally made my decision and putted my vote for Paris. i hope Paris will win.
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:20 PM   #2124
Madman

Likes (Received): 39

I havent felt this agitated since the Rugby World Cup Final or Southampton's last premiership match...

C'mon IOC you know you want the olympics to go to London!
Madman no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #2125
Capzilla
robkaper.nl

Of course it goes to London, you can't trust people who eat snails..
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:22 PM   #2126
Kika
Better United

Likes (Received): 42

GO PARIIIIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #2127
Jonesy55
Mooderator

Likes (Received): 20052

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier BF
According to what reports exactly? Did you see the presentation yourself? It was one of the most impressive, and it received one of the longest applause. The third round vote only shows the political influence of the French and of the British and American, it doesn't account in the least for the quality of the projects or the presentations. Madrid's project was first-class since the beginning, last year receiving a rating almost one point higher than London's, and getting the highest ratings in most categories of the report. Also, it is over 80% ready right now, offering the IOC a 100% security that it would be completed in time (while London's is still mostly a virtual project on paper). Many of its features were then unashamedly copied by London and Paris, and to crown it all, the IOC failed to show that, praising those same features in London and Paris while most intentionally forgetting about them in Madrid, in what was clearly a biassed report (containing such incredibly wrong assertions like that Majorca, one of the world's top tourist resorts, supposedly offered only "120 hotel beds").
Jonesy55 no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #2128
Javier BF
iHate iStuff

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB
Errr....no I didn't.

I said that, according to reports, "Madrid didn't do enough", and the third round vote seems to bear that out.

Was there a Spanish presentation for another city that none of us were aware of?
According to what reports exactly? Did you see the presentation yourself? It was one of the most impressive, and it received one of the longest applause. The third round vote only shows the political influence of the French and of the British and American, it doesn't account in the least for the quality of the projects or the presentations. Madrid's project was first-class since the beginning, last year receiving a rating almost one point higher than London's, and getting the highest ratings in most categories of the report. Also, it is over 80% ready right now, offering the IOC a 100% security that it would be completed in time (while London's is still mostly a virtual project on paper). Many of its features were then unashamedly copied by London and Paris, and to crown it all, the IOC failed to show that, praising those same features in London and Paris while most intentionally forgetting about them in Madrid, in what was clearly a biassed report (containing such incredibly distorted assertions like that Majorca, one of the world's top tourist resorts, supposedly offered only "120 hotel beds").

«I think there is only one meaning for the word “peace”. That is, the word should be used to signify an environment where everyone in the world can live happily as human beings. [...] We must strive for the same objective—that we all want to have decent lives as human beings. Why can't we strive together? I always wonder why we can't achieve it... I often discuss it with the children who visit me on school trips.» Sumiteru Saniguchi
Javier BF no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #2129
LacLongQuan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Good luck Paris.

Viva Le France
LacLongQuan no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:31 PM   #2130
Javi
A Freak From Hell

Likes (Received): 0

MADRID 2016
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #2131
satit28
Rukpong

Likes (Received): 13

not far away till they tell which one.................
satit28 no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #2132
Javier BF
iHate iStuff

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy55
You can keep your prepotence for yourself. I don't care whether Paris or London gets the Games; none of them deserves them--because it will be their third Games, because of the prepotence they've displayed, and because of the dirty tricks attempting to denigrate the other cities' bids, an attitude which goes right against the Olympic spirit of fair game. Madrid's bid strategy, on the contrary, consisted in showing the good qualities of its own project, not in copying the best from the others' bids, nor in giving bad press to the rival cities, nor in trying to bribe the IOC members like London did. This Games should have gone to Madrid or to New York.

«I think there is only one meaning for the word “peace”. That is, the word should be used to signify an environment where everyone in the world can live happily as human beings. [...] We must strive for the same objective—that we all want to have decent lives as human beings. Why can't we strive together? I always wonder why we can't achieve it... I often discuss it with the children who visit me on school trips.» Sumiteru Saniguchi
Javier BF no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #2133
Capzilla
robkaper.nl

London Wins the 2012 Olympics
Around the Rings (subscription), GA - 6 minutes ago
(ATR) London is elected as the host of the 2012 Olympics, edging Paris in four rounds of voting at the IOC Session in Singapore. ...
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #2134
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1496

You what?

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #2135
Jonesy55
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier BF
You can keep your prepotence for yourself. I don't care whether Paris or London gets the Games; none of them deserves them--because it will be their third Games, because of the prepotence they've displayed, and because of the dirty tricks attempting to denigrate the other cities' bids, an attitude which goes right against the Olympic spirit of fair game. Madrid's bid strategy, on the contrary, consisted in showing the good qualities of its own project, not in copying the best from the others' bids, nor in giving bad press to the rival cities, nor in trying to bribe the IOC members like London did. This Games should have gone to Madrid or to New York.
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #2136
Accura4Matalan

Likes (Received): 1546

Yes... I was wondering the same thing...
Accura4Matalan no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #2137
Javi
A Freak From Hell

LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #2138
rark
rocks

Congrats LONDON on her successful bid! May the spirit of the games live on
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #2139
unfrequented
Fart Factory

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
unfrequented no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #2140
Jonesy55
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyk
You what?
That's what it says but I don't believe they know.

http://www.aroundtherings.com/article.php?pid=1652

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016