daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 17th, 2005, 12:42 AM   #2861
somataki

Likes (Received): 0

If u like talk about past lets talk about 2500 years before...when yoyr grandgrand fathers ate bananas at the trees when mine built the Parthenon.Happy now?*******
somataki no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #2862
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
Originally Posted by somataki
If u like talk about past lets talk about 2500 years before...when yoyr grandgrand fathers ate bananas at the trees when mine built the Parthenon.Happy now?*******

Obviously that great class and "culture' entirely bypassed some Greeks such as yourself.

To bad that even living within 2 miles of the Pantheon will not necessarly make you anymore cultured as someone from Tim-buk-too.
nomarandlee no está en línea  
Old October 17th, 2005, 12:57 AM   #2863
somataki

Of course not.U have not even the culture to understand the difference between the PARTHENON and tHE PANTHEON.....History is not your best I supposse...
Old October 17th, 2005, 12:58 AM   #2864
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee
Wow, considering that only 50 years ago where you are form (Dubai right?) that your region was a cultural backwater and illiteracy was over 95% you come off as pretty arrogent.
You are talking about the middle east right?

The resons for being culutral backward and illiteracy over 95% was because there were some western *******s who ruined our life and invaded our countries.
smussuw no está en línea  
Old October 17th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #2865
somataki

I totally agree, smussuw.
Old October 17th, 2005, 01:17 AM   #2866
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by smussuw

The resons for being culutral backward and illiteracy over 95% was because there were some western *******s who ruined our life and invaded our countries.

sure buddy, go on beleive that. Tell me who ran the UAE and most of Saudi Arabia from about 1000-1920 again when illiteracy was +95%?

Go on trying to convince everyone that it is "westerners" fault that the people of the region didn't embrace an education system and didn't care to be much more then nomads for a good thousand years.
Old October 17th, 2005, 01:26 AM   #2867
▄berMaromas
▄berMaromas

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:

And continue doing it.

┐En que estado hay mujeres mas guapas?
En el Edo. de Ebriedad
▄berMaromas no está en línea  
Old October 17th, 2005, 01:28 AM   #2868
pottebaum
Minneapolis

Likes (Received): 4

Chicago is considering a bid.
pottebaum no está en línea  
Old October 17th, 2005, 01:31 AM   #2869
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Im from Greece and my region has a culture that u can even imagine.....
a culture you seem to be lacking on these forums...now go out there and make it 20 posts...!!!
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 17th, 2005, 05:43 AM   #2870
SDK4
Florida

Likes (Received): 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottebaum
Chicago is considering a bid.
They would be a strong contender against New York and/or L.A.
SDK4 no está en línea  
Old October 17th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #2871
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

Quote:
sure buddy, go on beleive that. Tell me who ran the UAE and most of Saudi Arabia from about 1000-1920 again when illiteracy was +95%?

Go on trying to convince everyone that it is "westerners" fault that the people of the region didn't embrace an education system and didn't care to be much more then nomads for a good thousand years.
yea some western bastards either portugees or british invaded our countries and that took more than 500 years and not 80 years as u are trying to say

People were wasting their time trying to kick ur asses out our countries. Yea dont forget also raping our women.

and plz dont educate me about the western world from the 8th to the 14th century. We all know who were illetrate that time

thank u very much.

Last edited by smussuw; October 17th, 2005 at 01:46 PM.
smussuw no está en línea  
Old October 17th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #2872
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 480

Quote:
Obviously that great class and "culture' entirely bypassed some Greeks such as yourself.

To bad that even living within 2 miles of the Pantheon will not necessarly make you anymore cultured as someone from Tim-buk-too.
and you think that you have any culture or class? look in your own backyard before you go off harassing others...
Giorgio no está en línea  
Old October 17th, 2005, 02:58 PM   #2873
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::G!oRgOs::.
and you think that you have any culture or class? look in your own backyard before you go off harassing others...

I was not refering to Greeks in general. I was refering to this particular Greek who seems to think since he grew up in a country with a long history that somehow all this "culture" automatially drained down to him as some sort of birthright or something. Maybe you should re-read the thread and rethink about who the indivual was that was claiming superiority.
Old October 17th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #2874
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
yea some western bastards either portugees or british invaded our countries and that took more than 500 years and not 80 years as u are trying to say

People were wasting their time trying to kick ur asses out our countries. Yea dont forget also raping our women.

and plz dont educate me about the western world from the 8th to the 14th century. We all know who were illetrate that time

thank u very much.
I see, so tell me again what western country was supposedly holding back southwest Arabia again for hundreds and hundreds of years again?

Tell me again where are these great thinkers, philosophers, and scientist came from out of Southwest Arabia again? If you want to claim that Iraq, Syria, and Egypt had their share then that is fine. But please don't claim that that Southwest Arabia was much more then a cultural backwater for the last 1,500 yearsI see, so tell me again what western country was supposedly holding back southwest Arabia again for hundreds and hundreds of years again?

Raping you women? Sorry, please tell me again these long list of occurrences where western armies "raped" your women. One should talk considering that the Middle Eastern Muslim armies tried to invade Europe LONG before there were any "crusades" and the Turkish armies tried to plunder Eastern Europe (where they did rape and pillage) up until the late 1600's!!!!!! The bloody imperialism and wicked history of the Middle East Muslim empires can match almost any in terms of brutality and naked aggression........And considering the large incidents of gang rapes by Middle Eastern men in western countries in these modern times I can only laugh at your claim!!!!!!

The Koreans faced far worse imperialism in their history by China and Japan then almost any Arab peoples and yet they modernized in spite of it so I think your weak claims are just that, weak!!! I see, so tell me again what western country was supposedly holding back southwest Arabia again for hundreds and hundreds of years again?
Old October 18th, 2005, 04:56 AM   #2875
jd_bond
BANNED

Quote:

Oops, Middle eastern folks were not behind in that (in fact with the advent of Islam, ME muslims invaded countries left or right, till they can...)
jd_bond no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2005, 04:58 AM   #2876
jd_bond
BANNED

Quote:
and where Normandlee comes from??
jd_bond no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2005, 05:13 AM   #2877
chrishung

Likes (Received): 8

I'll wait till 2010 before voting. Its just too early to decide now. I want to see how the future candidate cities will look like before judging.
chrishung no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #2878
Landos
BANNED

Quote:
Somebody going to educate this MO-ron to the fact that the Pantheon is in Rome and not Greece?
Landos no está en línea  
Old October 18th, 2005, 06:24 AM   #2879
SDK4
Florida

Likes (Received): 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishung
I'll wait till 2010 before voting. Its just too early to decide now. I want to see how the future candidate cities will look like before judging.
Sounds like a plan.
SDK4 no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2005, 05:15 AM   #2880
ranny fash
quacked

Likes (Received): 63

Hull 2016

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016