daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 16th, 2006, 03:00 PM   #3241
onetwothree

Likes (Received): 18

San Francisco, Los Angeles or Chicago
onetwothree no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #3242
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphdude
remind me, when did China recognice Tibet as a free and independent country?
Moron, as a matter af fact, nobody recognises Tibet as an independent country!
YelloPerilo no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #3243
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysan1
Why arent Taiwan their own country? i always thought they were...seems like they should be allowed to separate, its like South Africa controlling Namibia, they were let free years ago
The official name of Taiwan is still Republic of China and no, Taiwan is not controlled by the People's Republic of China. Read some more history!
Old June 16th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #3244
xzmattzx
Philly sports fan

Likes (Received): 4195

this thread should be closed. the poll is closed, and the cities in the poll are outdated. new york city isn't even bidding on the 2016 olympics.
xzmattzx no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2006, 06:33 PM   #3245
duskdawn
My Heart is with Beijing.

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysan1
Why arent Taiwan their own country? i always thought they were...seems like they should be allowed to separate, its like South Africa controlling Namibia, they were let free years ago
Taiwan's government used to control the whole mainland China including Taiwan island. They were China's previous government.
duskdawn no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #3246
wigo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

hehe, personally, I don't recognize Danmark as a free and independent country. Because apparently 1500 years or so ago, the native people there were not danish. However, does it matter?

Anyway, I suggest those danish go back to where they belonged first.

Last edited by wigo; June 16th, 2006 at 09:22 PM.
wigo no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #3247
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
hehe, personally, I don't recognize Danmark as a free and independent country. .
With the level of education down there and the censorship from the lovely government, im not suprised you would make that mistake...

Quote:
Anyway, I suggest those danish go back to where they belonged first.
Sure thing....
cphdude no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2006, 10:35 PM   #3248
LMCA1990
Top tier

Likes (Received): 3454

I'd say Tokyo 2016 and perhaps a city in the middle east (perhaps in the UAE, kuwait, bahrain or qatar) in 2020.
Old June 16th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #3249
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
With the level of education down there and the censorship from the lovely government, im not suprised you would make that mistake...
I only drew a concusion based on known facts (danish were brutal invaders) and your twisted rational. So this is censorship, huh? Is that what your free danish propaganda tells you?
wigo no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2006, 03:40 AM   #3250
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Quote:
I only drew a concusion based on known facts....
eh, no, not really. But I understand you are too stupid to see the difference between the truth and what you might see on tv...

Quote:
Is that what your free danish propaganda tells you?
Now who do you suposed does more propaganda. The free Danish one or the government controled Chinise one...?

I think we all know the answer...Or else, we can just read your signatur...Very nice....

Have fun arguing. I think im done for now...
cphdude no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2006, 05:35 AM   #3251
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
eh, no, not really. But I understand you are too stupid to see the difference between the truth and what you might see on tv...
Oh gosh, give me a break, Chinese TV cares about denmark and fabricates rumor about denmark? Tell you what, Chinese TV barely says anything bad about any country. Your fancy imagination surely proves someones are stupid, but not me.

BTW, I am in US and I know the truth about your brutal ancestral invasion.
wigo no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #3252
Davis

Likes (Received): 0

Where is PRAGUE??? Prague will candidate in 2016 then 2020.
Davis no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #3253
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Quote:
Oh gosh, give me a break, Chinese TV cares about denmark and fabricates rumor about denmark? Tell you what, Chinese TV barely says anything bad about any country. Your fancy imagination surely proves someones are stupid, but not me.

BTW, I am in US and I know the truth about your brutal ancestral invasion.
No, i did not mean propagande about denmark, i ment in general...Lets not kid ourselfs here. Its a dictaturship...

Im glad for you that yoy are in amarica, but dont be naive...In the big scheam of things, China takes the big price for unwanted brutalety...

And why arent you in china, btw?

Its great that you love china, but if you are not there, you dont really know how bad it can be...
cphdude no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #3254
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Quote:
No, i did not mean propagande about denmark, i ment in general...Lets not kid ourselfs here. Its a dictaturship...

Im glad for you that yoy are in amarica, but dont be naive...In the big scheam of things, China takes the big price for unwanted brutalety...
Yeah, like forcing other countries to buy opium, enslave and colonise whatever is not "white", steal a few continents, commit genocides in unprecedented scale, looting, robbing ... you name it, Europeans have done it.

Quote:

Its great that you love china, but if you are not there, you dont really know how bad it can be...
So what? There are tons of Danes in foreign countries.

Sure, you know how bad China is. LOL
Have you ever been to China? Do you have direct contact with Chinese? Do you speak Chinese?

Dšnen kann man nicht trauen.
Old June 17th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #3255
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo
Yeah, like forcing other countries to buy opium, enslave and colonise whatever is not "white", steal a few continents, commit genocides in unprecedented scale, looting, robbing ... you name it, Europeans have done it.
I was talking not talking about all of Europe. I cant be responseble for all of Europe. Nor can I be responseble for what my country did many years ago.
And no, I am not asking or claiming that he has a responsebility for what Chine does, of couse not. But the brutalety of the dictatorship is happening right now, not as in europes case, hundreds of years ago...

Quote:
So what? There are tons of Danes in foreign countries.
And your point is? Most of the people who live in other countries are wery happy about that and dont spend their lifes claiming thattheir homeland is the gratest thing since sliced bread, or that nothing bad ever happens here...

Quote:
Sure, you know how bad China is. LOL
Have you ever been to China? Do you have direct contact with Chinese? Do you speak Chinese?
No, And I dont have to in order know what is going on. Just like noone need to understand German or know any germans in order to know about the horrors of WW2 and the holocaust...

Perhaps because I am not forcefed propagande every day about how great a place it is.
cphdude no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #3256
wigo
BANNED

Quote:

I don't need to tell you why I am in America, let's just say, it has nothing to do with politics.

As for China, have you ever been in China? The truth is, the only thing european reporting China is bashing. And the reason is simple, jealousy. By the way, I bet you have never heard of this

http://www.unicef.ie/progress-for-ch...-nutrition.htm

Pay attention to the fact that China is the best performing country in reducing child malnutrition. Not mention, as many people know, China is the most efficient country in lifting people out of poverty. In addressing the basic needs for poor people, China is no match in the world.

So I hope you are clear now, the only thing hypocritic people do is microscopically scavengering the dirt about China, while completely ignoring the big picture, regardless how important it is.

Last edited by wigo; June 17th, 2006 at 08:52 PM.
wigo no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #3257
duskdawn
My Heart is with Beijing.

Likes (Received): 33

Well said. BTW, most of us are doing master or PhD research here in US since it has currently the best education in the world. I will go back to China next year and I cannot wait to be back. To me, it is the most promising land in the world and there' are great opportunities for the young people.
Frankly speaking, after spending several years in US I like America less than when I was in China. Turn on the CNN or NBC everynight, what I know is a American-Centric world. Almost all the "international" news have something related to US. When it comes to China, always biased bashing. I am like a blind man here. Some people don't even know where China is while in China the 8-yr-olds knows California.
Anyways, I think the Americans (I do not live in Europe so I cannot say Europeans) are acting exactly the same thing what China did 200 years ago. "We have the best system, we are the weathiest people, and we can shape the world to whatever we like." But in fact, it's narrow-minded arrogance which will make this society be surpassed.
So before you start bashing, open your mind first. Why authoritarion made China the most peaceful and weathiest country in the world for 3000 years. I am not saying democracy is bad but China is catching up what western countries were achieving within this 400 years and we have only around 50 years (20 years have passed since 1980 when we started the economic reform). We cannot invade like Colonial times, we cannot use African slaves and we cannot benifit from world wars like some country did. What we can do is to unite the whole people in this country and work towards a direction. China might be a democracy in 50 years but we are smart enough to know not now.

Quote:
I don't need to tell you why I am in America, let's just say, it has nothing to do with politics.

As for China, have you ever been in China? The truth is, the only thing european reporting China is bashing. And the reason is simple, jealousy. By the way, I bet you have never heard of this

Pay attention to the fact that China is the best performing country in reducing child malnutrition. Not mention, as many people know, China is the most efficient country in lifting people out of poverty. In addressing the basic needs for poor people, China is no match in the world.

So I hope you are clear now, the only thing hypocritic people do is microscopically scavengering the dirt about China, while completely ignoring the big picture, regardless how importment it is.

Last edited by duskdawn; June 17th, 2006 at 08:48 PM.
duskdawn no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2006, 11:45 PM   #3258
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Quote:
Fair enough. But it does mean that you dont know first hand how bad it can be.
Quote:
As for China, have you ever been in China?
I have already answered that. No. And As I also said, you dont need to be in China to see the horrors that are sometimes happening,

Quote:
The truth is, the only thing european reporting China is bashing. And the reason is simple, jealousy.
Now, since you are in America, you cant really know that, right? You see how dumb an argument that is? . And no, those arent the only stories we hear. We hear many others. And jealous Ha, now I think you need to do some research

Quote:
By the way, I bet you have never heard of this

China is having great numbers because they have the greates problems. The rest of us have already done that, and have put in systems to try and avoid that. You are aplauding that the Chinese are finaly doing something about things that have been an issues for so many years. That same with the economy. China is so far behind that 2 digget growth sounds great, but really is not...

Quote:
So I hope you are clear now, the only thing hypocritic people do is microscopically scavengering the dirt about China, while completely ignoring the big picture, regardless how important it is.
No, we are not just looking for microscopical dirt and ignoring the big picture. But we cant, like many of you seam contend to do, claim that China is the greatest thing in the world, and that there is absolutely no problems what so ever, and whenever people mention something or has some critic, it is simply a small issue, a misunderstanding or people are laying...

That really all I am asking. A little perspective...And i am not trying to bash China at all, but i wont ignore what is sometimes going on...
cphdude no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 01:38 AM   #3259
wigo
BANNED

Quote:
China is having great numbers because they have the greates problems. The rest of us have already done that, and have put in systems to try and avoid that. You are aplauding that the Chinese are finaly doing something about things that have been an issues for so many years. That same with the economy. China is so far behind that 2 digget growth sounds great, but really is not...
Fine, so you think it is fair to compare China, a country experienced century of devastating war until 1949, with west developed countries, most of which got rich by exploiting other people including colonism, saling opium and trading black slaves long before 1949?

BTW, do you know that S Korea, Singopore, HK and TW are the only examples that entering developed world among poor world after WWII? And none of them were democracy until they reached quasi-developed level?
wigo no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 01:38 AM   #3260
Amit

Likes (Received): 0

Guys please.. this forum is about Olympics 2016 and NOT politics! As courtsey towards others, please refrain from political discussion on this forum, the rest of us are getting irritated with this mud slinging. Please donot hijack this thread.. PEACE!!

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.

An eye for eye ends up making the whole world blind.

God has no religion.
Amit no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016