daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:24 AM   #3301
cphdude
Timelord victorious
 
cphdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: København
Posts: 2,681
Likes (Received): 15

[QUOTE=YelloPerilo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey

No country has as many people as China.
Right...so a few million people killed by the government is just what you might expect or what? No big deal??
cphdude no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:24 AM   #3302
Monkey
BANNED
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Londinium
Posts: 14,110
Likes (Received): 38

[QUOTE=wigo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey

you need to make sure 77 million is the number before you make an accusation. And we also need to take in the account that China was under extreme poverty and western embargo during 1950-1960s.
77 million is clearly given as the number based on a median of estimates from dozens of cited historians. Check for yourself here along with his souurces and explanation:
http://freedomspeace.blogspot.com/20...ide-to-be.html
Monkey no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:27 AM   #3303
Monkey
BANNED
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Londinium
Posts: 14,110
Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskdawn
?? What a liar! I wish I know you in person and educate you about this. It needs a whole day to change your mind though, since your anti-communist biased press has rooted so deeply in your mind.
Pathetic.
I am not lying. Lying is when you say something you know to be untrue. I am citing historians (not press) and their estimates and conclusions. See my sources:
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat1.htm#Mao
Monkey no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:30 AM   #3304
YelloPerilo
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 漢堡 Hamburg
Posts: 2,587
Likes (Received): 35

[QUOTE=cphdude]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo
Right...so a few million people killed by the government is just what you might expect or what? No big deal??
Only babarians can come up with this barbaric logic.

Dänen sind nicht zu helfen!
YelloPerilo no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:33 AM   #3305
cphdude
Timelord victorious
 
cphdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: København
Posts: 2,681
Likes (Received): 15

[QUOTE=YelloPerilo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphdude

Only babarians can come up with this barbaric logic.

Dänen sind nicht zu helfen!
just reacting to your comments....
cphdude no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:39 AM   #3306
duskdawn
My Heart is with Beijing.
 
duskdawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Beijing - Cleveland
Posts: 1,735
Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
I am not lying. Lying is when you say something you know to be untrue. I am citing historians (not press) and their estimates and conclusions. See my sources:
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat1.htm#Mao
Because your historians are anti-communist historians. In this case, your whole society is based on one goal: Let the communist down. I live here in US long enough to know what this bias is. But you cannot because I assume you've never been to China and see how people live there, do you? Then what are you doing here?
quoting cannot be compared to watching, seeing and experiencing.

I am not saying communist is good but
1. China is not communist any more and
2. Your media or gov't or so called "historian" are accusing the whole Chinese society because we were communist and refused to cooperate with you.
It's like you hate a girl then you portrait her as a devil. If you love one, you treat her as an angel. WTF!
__________________
孟子有曰,故天將降大任于是人也,必先苦其心志,勞其筋骨,餓其體膚,空乏其身,行拂亂其所為,所以動心忍性,曾益其所不能。
-♡=Chinese Modernity=-♡-=Chinese Girls II=-♡-=Chinese Gilrs I Archive=♡-
I'm Back in China.

Last edited by duskdawn; June 18th, 2006 at 04:46 AM.
duskdawn no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:40 AM   #3307
YelloPerilo
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 漢堡 Hamburg
Posts: 2,587
Likes (Received): 35

[QUOTE=Monkey]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
77 million is clearly given as the number based on a median of estimates from dozens of cited historians. Check for yourself here along with his souurces and explanation:
http://freedomspeace.blogspot.com/20...ide-to-be.html
Quote:
Two books have had a big impact on my evaluation of Mao's rise to absolute power and his rule over China. One is Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang, and the other is Mao: the Unknown Story that she wrote with her husband, Jon Halliday. I'm now convinced that Stalin exceeded Hitler in monstrous evil, and Mao beat out Stalin.
Jung chang has been discredited by well known historians about her works.
YelloPerilo no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:42 AM   #3308
YelloPerilo
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 漢堡 Hamburg
Posts: 2,587
Likes (Received): 35

[QUOTE=cphdude]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo
just reacting to your comments....
You were to braindead to understand the logic of my statement!

Dänen soll mal Hirn regnen!
YelloPerilo no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:44 AM   #3309
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,275
Likes (Received): 3

[QUOTE=Monkey]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
77 million is clearly given as the number based on a median of estimates from dozens of cited historians. Check for yourself here along with his souurces and explanation:
http://freedomspeace.blogspot.com/20...ide-to-be.html
Then what is China population in 1937, 1945, 1949 and 1976? And what is the life expectency in 1949 and 1976? As I mentioned earlier, you need to have reliable source instead of making data, which is exactly what this guy does.

Also, another concept is percentage. You can't say China is not as safe as britain because China has 1000 murders every year, while britain has only 100 accounts, don't you get it?

Last edited by wigo; June 18th, 2006 at 04:51 AM.
wigo no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:46 AM   #3310
YelloPerilo
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 漢堡 Hamburg
Posts: 2,587
Likes (Received): 35

Denmark two points.
Danois deux points.

Dänen verdienen es nicht besser!
YelloPerilo no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:48 AM   #3311
duskdawn
My Heart is with Beijing.
 
duskdawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Beijing - Cleveland
Posts: 1,735
Likes (Received): 33

They are good at collecting data. Unforturnately, none of them are valid.
These historian made all this up while sitting at home drinking coffee and watching "CNN world news".
What is "the world"? BTW 
__________________
孟子有曰,故天將降大任于是人也,必先苦其心志,勞其筋骨,餓其體膚,空乏其身,行拂亂其所為,所以動心忍性,曾益其所不能。
-♡=Chinese Modernity=-♡-=Chinese Girls II=-♡-=Chinese Gilrs I Archive=♡-
I'm Back in China.
duskdawn no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 05:06 AM   #3312
Monkey
BANNED
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Londinium
Posts: 14,110
Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskdawn
Because your historians are anti-communist historians. In this case, your whole society is based on one goal: Let the communist down. I live here in US long enough to know what this bias is. But you cannot because I assume you've never been to China and see how people live there, do you? Then what are you doing here?
I have been to China loads of times. I don't live in the US.
Monkey no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 05:08 AM   #3313
Monkey
BANNED
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Londinium
Posts: 14,110
Likes (Received): 38

[QUOTE=wigo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
Then what is China population in 1937, 1945, 1949 and 1976? And what is the life expectency in 1949 and 1976? As I mentioned earlier, you need to have reliable source instead of making data, which is exactly what this guy does.

Also, another concept is percentage. You can't say China is not as safe as britain because China has 1000 murders every year, while britain has only 100 accounts, don't you get it?
China's rate of killing through the C20th has been much higher than Britain's even in per capuita terms.
Monkey no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 05:09 AM   #3314
Monkey
BANNED
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Londinium
Posts: 14,110
Likes (Received): 38

duplicate post

Last edited by Monkey; June 18th, 2006 at 05:14 AM.
Monkey no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #3315
Monkey
BANNED
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Londinium
Posts: 14,110
Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo
Jung chang has been discredited by well known historians about her works.
Oh no she's hasn't!! She is fated in academic circles all over the world. The most stinging criticism I have read is that she adds little new to what other celebrated historians, such as Becker, have already documented.
Monkey no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 06:02 AM   #3316
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,275
Likes (Received): 3

[QUOTE=Monkey]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigo
China's rate of killing through the C20th has been much higher than Britain's even in per capuita terms.
gosh I am really tired of arguing with your ignorant people, do you still remember the potato disease occured in Irland century ago, which wiped out half of irish population and forced an irish exodus to america? And by your definition, that is a british massacre, just you don't want to talk
about.

http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/m2001alt.html

AND I HAVE TOLD YOU THIS TWO TIMES!!! SHOULD I TELL YOU EVERY TIME!!! HOW CAN YOU ARGUE WITH SOMEONE ELSE IF YOU ARE SIMPLY INCOMPETENT!!!

Last edited by wigo; June 18th, 2006 at 06:07 AM.
wigo no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #3317
Modernization
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 8

Since when this thread become China vs. Britain?
Modernization no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #3318
wigo
BANNED
 
wigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Xiaoshan, Zhejiang 浙江萧山
Posts: 1,275
Likes (Received): 3

someone start to bring in politics, and then one thing leads to another.....
wigo no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #3319
YelloPerilo
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 漢堡 Hamburg
Posts: 2,587
Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
Oh no she's hasn't!! She is fated in academic circles all over the world. The most stinging criticism I have read is that she adds little new to what other celebrated historians, such as Becker, have already documented.
Yes, she has been. She was a victim of Maos's wrong decisions and it's her revenge for the misery she endured. Her work is not academic by nature, but sensational and good to make money.
YelloPerilo no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #3320
nano2192
De Lomas de Zamora
 
nano2192's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 978
Likes (Received): 1

i like Buenos Aires as the host...it has beautiful stadiums with many plans of expansion....but it infrastructure has to be better.....
__________________
BUENOS AIRES:LA PERLA DEL PLATA
Guía de la Construcción de Lomas de Zamora
FOTOS VARIAS DE BUENOS AIRES(18 FOTOS!!)
Argentina en google earth
ROJO, REY DE COPAS POR SIEMPRE
nano2192 no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu