daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 15th, 2005, 08:56 PM   #321
Soundwave
Evil Decepticons

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufi
And how about your prince ? He dresses up like a nazi.

Hahaha, like I'm from England.
I'm no Englishman, rufi.

I think a city like Barcelona is far more liberal than Madrid.
Soundwave no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:23 PM   #322
Soundwave
Evil Decepticons

Portugal -Lisboa, A Very Big NONO

Why????

After the European Championship of 2004, we saw people and the community suffering from not getting the proper attention.

All the money went to the new stadiums and the security.

Portugal is one of the most poorers country within the Europena Commonwealth. I think in Portugal they shuld focus on bringing more prosperity to there own people.

Regards Soundwave
Soundwave no está en línea  
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:29 PM   #323
rufi
Against Spam

Likes (Received): 0

Of course ! our neighbours are great organizing things
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:39 PM   #324
Fern

Likes (Received): 1946

That is utter rubbish!!! I don't know whether that comment is the product of the prejudices and preconceptions you've been exposed to and fed or you heard it somewhere, sowndwave, but if at any time people suffered from lack of attention it wasn't certainly a consequence from organising the Euro. Please do refrain from posting such fallacious arguments if you know nothing about what you are talking about!!
Many thanks Fern
Fern no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 12:57 AM   #325
willo
Me&Me

Likes (Received): 13

if you think so the you have stated you are a dumbass that is talking about something you don't know

spaniards are not racist.there are racist groups, yes.but not more than in other countries.so shut up your mouth

well, if moroccan people have a bad reputation in spain is not because they are moroccan, is because the most of them are dealing with drugs or stealing people with knifes.if they worked as all the people they would be accepted just like the other inmigrants
willo no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:00 AM   #326
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Likes (Received): 1384

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo
if you think so the you have stated you are a dumbass that is talking about something you don't know

spaniards are not racist.there are racist groups, yes.but not more than in other countries.so shut up your mouth

well, if moroccan people have a bad reputation in spain is not because they are moroccan, is because the most of them are dealing with drugs or stealing people with knifes
The irony of this statement is just too much for me to bear. Someone else please take this one......
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:04 AM   #327
kony

Likes (Received): 1242

this is very good news !!

Quote:
Saturday, January 15, 2005
French Professional Football League Endorses Paris 2012
Posted 3:18 pm ET (GamesBids.com)

The French Professional Football League (LFP) announced it is endorsing Paris’ bid for the 2012 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games by holding its matches under the colour of Paris 2012 this weekend and next weekend.

Across France the matches are taking place January 15, 16, 22 and 23 and the 22 players entering the field will wear Paris 2012 T-shirts and children, wearing the same T-shirts, will accompany them. Former Olympic champions and medallists will kick-off the Games.

Spectators in the stands will be provided with pennants featuring the colours of the French bid.

Philippe Baudillon, CEO of Paris 2012 said, “this show of support by the National Football League demonstrates a new momentum in the mobilization of the sporting world and the people of France behind the bid. For Paris 2012 this is another opportunity to demonstrate L’Amour des Jeux of the whole country and our nation’s dedication to the quest of becoming the host city of the 2012 Olympics.

Thierry Rey, promoter of the Paris 2012 bid, said he was looking forward to getting French players from the FA Premier League to stand in Trafalgar Square while wearing “Support Paris 2012” T-shirts. He said “that would show that although they are very involved in English football, there is a little part of them that shows that their country is important to them”.

Meanwhile, the French newspaper Le Parisien commented on the alleged remarks the Queen made that Paris would probably win the bid for the 2012 Summer Games. The newspaper wrote, “the Queen votes for Paris”, adding that the French capital “could not have dreamt of a better advertisement. The Queen has dented English hopes even more”.

A leading regional newspaper, L’Est Republicain commented, “The Queen has caused a scandal. At the headquarters of the Paris 2012 bid the organizers are loving it. The good news is piling up and Paris’ superb project is taking form day after day”.

kony no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:13 AM   #328
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Premiership to promote London bid

London will advertise its 2012 Olympic bid at every Premier League football game for the rest of the season.

A link-up with the Premier League will see the bid promoted on advertising boards and in match programmes.

"Hosting the Olympics would be a tremendous event for the whole country, not just London," said England and Spurs defender Ledley King.

"I remember Euro '96 and what an impact that had. Imagine what it would be like and how the public would react."

Tottenham captain King and Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore helped London bid leader Lord Sebastian Coe launch the campaign at White Hart Lane.

"Our games are now screened in 195 countries with a global home reach of over 600 million," said Scudamore.

"People all over the world will realise the significance of us backing London 2012."

And, in a similar move, the French Football League will support the Paris bid for the 2012 Games.

Over the next two weekends, all 22 players will wear Paris 2012 t-shirts and be accompanied by children wearing similar t-shirts while former Olympic champions and medalists will 'kick-off' the games.

London's bid team will take the football competition around the United Kingdom if the city wins hosting rights for 2012 when the International Olympic Committee votes on 6 July.

"We plan to share the Olympic experience by holding the competition at venues such as Villa Park, Old Trafford, St James' Park, the Millennium Stadium and Hampden Park," said Lord Coe.

The England team have already backed London's bid, with captain David Beckham appearing in a special promotional film.

Last edited by pricemazda; January 16th, 2005 at 01:21 AM.
pricemazda no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #329
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

So sorry Kony, Beat you to it, a couple of days ago.

Not so great now is it, when we beat you to it.
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #330
kony

ok
kony no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:21 AM   #331
kony

nothing really great about it though
kony no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:22 AM   #332
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...12/4174985.stm
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:25 AM   #333
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Where is Paris's video? Everyone else has loads of them Paris none
Old January 16th, 2005, 02:51 AM   #334
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

cape town wont get the games?????? have u been reading the newspaper???? jacques rogge mentioned this week he wants the games in africa and wants south africa to concentrate on SA 2010 soccer world cup then bid for the olympics???
games will come to africa and most likely to cape town so what the hell are u talking about?
the only reason i said lisbon was too small is because i asked someone who lives there about euro and whether lsibon could host the games not to atack lisbon..why is everyone attacking cape towns venues of course they will all need upgrade and you cant compare us to athens at all i never suggested we had all our olympic venues completed far from that actually i just posted the little we have that could be used !!!!! why all the hostility? europe can host games after cape town!!!! wait a little bit, u compared some venues as if they were olympic venues gosh at least our velodrome has a roof athens velodrome did not have one before they plonked that white oval to make it look modern, its still open on the sides this venue like sydney is at least closed, i heard they use curtains when it rains to keep the rain out of the velodrome WOW what technology!!!
cape town is not better than eurpean cities altogether but its africas best chance to host the games thats all im saying
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:59 PM   #335
Lss911
braaaap all day!

Likes (Received): 39

You should do the same: focus on the WC2010 and then in the O.G.2020 (10 yars of deifrence!)
Anyway,I think cape town has all the chances to win the host of the O.G.2020!And I suport it!
Lisbon, and Portugal, can be the best option for 2016. Excelent weather, excelent people that knows better then anyone to recieve, outstanding organizing capacities (proved in the euro2004),beautifull spots,awesome food, geographic conditions for various competitions...etc etc etc! Go Lisbon 2016!
Lss911 no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 05:00 PM   #336
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

where are paris 2012 videos??????? and new york/??????
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 05:25 PM   #337
Lss911
braaaap all day!

Likes (Received): 39

Paris has given up of the euro 2012 bid to reunite all strikes to fight for the 2012OG bid!
Lss911 no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 06:01 PM   #338
Eurasian

Likes (Received): 0

London or New York.
Eurasian no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 08:07 PM   #339
Puffdaddy
Summer never die

I vote for Spain...

US---> hosting too many Olympics already
France---> same with you
Moscow---> Politically corrapted... if they have a lexury of building a sport arena.. please consider support your economy and spend more money on environmental problems. Very idiotic to host Olymic. They wanted to hosted for political reason and nothing else.
London---> no space???

http://skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=157
Puffdaddy no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2005, 08:13 PM   #340
Manu84
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

I hope...Madrid!!!
Manu84 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016