daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM   #4061
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

thats 100% correct any city with CA$H can do it

any ways

here are some Doha Khalifa Stadium pics during the 2006 Asian Games !!!

Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2007, 04:25 PM   #4062
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

Doha is more than ready to challenge the world! GO DOHA!
Old November 24th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #4063
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 55

japan stadium no doubt !!
Old November 24th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #4064
SJC.capitalist
São José dos Campos

Likes (Received): 231

Rio will build another one!
How some guys told here.

However, between the stadiums showed here, I prefer Chicago's one, but I would like the games in Rio de Janeiro!

Last edited by SJC.capitalist; November 24th, 2007 at 05:00 PM.
SJC.capitalist no está en línea  
Old November 24th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #4065
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 952

Although none ar considered eyepoppers. I'll go with Chicago's Stadium.

Hopefully Chicago can will it. I wouldn't mind going to the London Games and than to Chicago's!
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #4066
guigotz

Likes (Received): 2

Rio will built anoher stadium???

i dont like these 2 brazilians venues.
guigotz no está en línea  
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:22 PM   #4067
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

it seems as if Rio will use its Joao Havelange Stadium , the Pan American games stadium.

But it apparently can only expand to 60,000
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 25th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #4068
marrio415

Likes (Received): 22

ok looking at those pics of the Doha stadium for the asian games seems to me people like it.Well very strange i have to say kinda looks like a temporary structure to me like londons 2012 stadium.Ok dohas roof looks temporary with the roof supports above holding the roof also the roof itself looks like a sheet and not hard matarial ,the outside with the large tapestry(if thats the right word)of athletes just like londons but not right round plus the second tier looks temporary.I think i have a bit of an argument here.Don't get me wrong i like the doha stadium but if that can have a temporary look and still look good i think londons design has been criticised a little to early.

Last edited by marrio415; November 25th, 2007 at 02:41 AM.
marrio415 no está en línea  
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #4069
Anberlin

Likes (Received): 31

The Japan one looks hideous that it makes me laugh. Chicago one is nice
Anberlin no está en línea  
Old November 25th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #4070
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrio415 View Post
ok looking at those pics of the Doha stadium for the asian games seems to me people like it.Well very strange i have to say kinda looks like a temporary structure to me like londons 2012 stadium.Ok dohas roof looks temporary with the roof supports above holding the roof also the roof itself looks like a sheet and not hard matarial ,the outside with the large tapestry(if thats the right word)of athletes just like londons but not right round plus the second tier looks temporary.I think i have a bit of an argument here.Don't get me wrong i like the doha stadium but if that can have a temporary look and still look good i think londons design has been criticised a little to early.

lol yeah but just to show you somthing personal i would like you to compare the old Khalifa stadium 20,000 with the new Khalifa International Stadium 50,000 i am sure you wont belive it but its the truth btw if you can notice the added another floor on the section with the roof.

i was surprised with the defrence

Old November 26th, 2007, 04:29 AM   #4071
skyscraper100
>:

Likes (Received): 32

i think Chicago
skyscraper100 no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:43 AM   #4072
rsol2000

Likes (Received): 8681

RIO JOAO HAVELANGE
rsol2000 no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:21 AM   #4073
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Doha’s bid to host 2016 Games gets GCC backing

THE Heads of State of all the Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) countries have pledged their unanimous support for the Doha 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Bid at their summit which concluded in Doha on Tuesday.
In a statement at the end of the summit, the Heads of State of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the UAE announced: “The Summit declares its support for Doha’s bid to host the 2016 Games, as well as its support as part of the international community in making this wish come true.”
The summit also backed the development of an international laboratory, to be based in Doha, which would assist in the fight against doping in sport - and agreed that all GCC countries should sign the international agreement issued by Unesco on anti-doping in sport.
Following the announcement, the Doha 2016 Bid Committee chairman Hassan Ali bin Ali, sent a message of thanks to the GCC heads of state.
Commenting on the GCC pledge, he stated that this is an enormous boost to the Doha 2016 Bid team. “Our aim is to build support for the Bid all across the Arab world and beyond,” he said.
“We are extremely grateful for this unprecedented support for our bid, which will be a bid that the whole Arab world can be proud of,” the official maintained.
Ali bin Ali observed that already, the Olympic Movement is demonstrating its power to unite an entire region in its support.
“Awarding Doha the 2016 Games would unleash the full power of the Olympic Movement and peaceful sporting competition to create understanding, hope and change that could then unite this entire region with the rest of the world,” he added.

more support we already got the support of the OCA president

Old December 7th, 2007, 08:35 AM   #4074
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Absolute shocker. I thought the GCC was for sure going to back Rio.
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:38 AM   #4075
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

your joking right ? lol anyways cheers
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #4076
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

FULL STATEMENT BY MR HASSAN ALI BIN ALI TO THE LEADERS OF THE GCC

Hassan Ali Bin Ali sends his heartfelt thanks to all the Heads of State of the GCC for their support of Doha’s bid to host the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games in the closing session of the 28th GCC Summit, which concluded yesterday in Doha.

This support from the leaders of the GCC is yet another demonstration that all the leaders and peoples of the GCC are together as one – and cooperating to support each other across the region.

Qatar’s success in hosting large sporting events of this nature is also a success for the entire GCC – as well as for all Arabic countries. All Arabic people should feel part of the Doha 2016 Bid, and so support Qatar in the international community. Here in the GCC we are one family, and every achievement in any one of our countries is an achievement for all of them.

This support from the GCC countries for Doha 2016 makes Doha even more optimistic that it can win its Bid.

Mr Hassan Ali Bin Ali also pledges that Qatar will place all its resources and organising experience at the service of the GCC, especially as Qatar has expertise and experience in organising major championships and large international events in every aspect of sport. We also have state-of-the-art sports stadiums and buildings of the highest standards here in Qatar. Qatar’s support and development for sport enjoys the special patronage of His Highness the Amir and His Highness The Heir Apparent, which is why Qatar is now so well positioned internationally in this area.

Mr Hassan would like also to acknowledge all the sporting achievements of the GCC, particularly their success in hosting sports events. We are successful because, in all of our countries, we do things well and we do them correctly.

Mr Hassan hopes that the next stage will be more successful – and another achievement for the GCC.
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #4077
rsol2000

Likes (Received): 8681

WC Brasil 2014 !
Rio de Janeiro 2016 - my vote
rsol2000 no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #4078
QatPhils
DOH - AUH - Baguio :D

Likes (Received): 11

Don't worry Qatar son 333, after the $130 billion dollars projects and construction in Doha is complete, it will be more than ready. But they can spend more you know.
QatPhils no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:55 PM   #4079
agnwstos

Likes (Received): 1

As a European (Greek) I have to represent my continent so I has to choose between Madrid or Prague.
From these two I prefer Madrid,but don't get me wrong-Chicago is wonderful and unfortunately European cities are not as good as American are yet.
agnwstos no está en línea  
Old December 9th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #4080
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaaron4 View Post
Don't worry Qatar son 333, after the $130 billion dollars projects and construction in Doha is complete, it will be more than ready. But they can spend more you know.
so true its great that both of us live in one of the richiest countries in the world, Qatar.

btw thaaron dont forget the largest gas field in qatar that will provide us with LNG to a predicted year 2200 !

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016