daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old January 26th, 2005, 11:52 AM   #401
Matthieu
Administrateur
 
Matthieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tarbes, the capital of the world
Posts: 15,218
Likes (Received): 5617

Here is what Legolas said

Quote:
And you should know one thing. Spain has increased his economy much more than France, which is going down too fast. In a few years, first city in Europe, London, and second, Madrid, of course. Paris is finished!!
This statement is wrong. + Toulouse grows faster than Madrid (I checked Madrid stats).

For Murcia, is it a regular grow for 50 years or just one booming year? Toulouse is a regular grow that's lasting for 50 years and will last for at least 20 more (maybe more).

I don't think Toulouse will catch Lyon soon.
__________________
"To erect a tall building is to proclaim one’s faith in the future, the skyline is a seismograph of optimism."
Jean Nouvel

Last edited by Matthieu; January 26th, 2005 at 11:59 AM.
Matthieu no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #402
Kika
Better United
 
Kika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Barcelona SPAIN - Novum Castellum CH
Posts: 191
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exarchus
Here is what Legolas said



This statement is wrong. + Toulouse grows faster than Madrid (I checked Madrid stats).

For Murcia, is it a regular grow for 50 years or just one booming year? Toulouse is a regular grow that's lasting for 50 years and will last for at least 20 more (maybe more).

I agree with you, what legolas wrote is completely wrong but he probably wrote this after reading gun57

Of course Toulouse’s growth was bigger in percentage but the “urban” Madrid is growing by approximately 90’000 people every year. As an example of its growth, I think (I ma almost sure) that the subway network it's now even bigger than the one of Paris!

Murcia has been growing for about ten years now but its growth is particularly high since the last five years I would say and no one can really tell when this will stop. Personally, I don’t think it will continue to grow like this for another ten years but who knows?
A strange fact is that France besides Paris does have any other big city as only one surpasses half a million inhabitants (Marseille) whereas in Spain there is more cities over 100’000 and 500’000 inhabitants although the country only has 43 millions inhabitants compared to the 60 millions from France but of course this is not the topic of this thread, sorry about that!

Et vive le Pays Cathare!

A+
__________________
L'amour plus fort que la haine...
Kika no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #403
Matthieu
Administrateur
 
Matthieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tarbes, the capital of the world
Posts: 15,218
Likes (Received): 5617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika
I agree with you, what legolas wrote is completely wrong but he probably wrote this after reading gun57

Of course Toulouse’s growth was bigger in percentage but the “urban” Madrid is growing by approximately 90’000 people every year. As an example of its growth, I think (I ma almost sure) that the subway network it's now even bigger than the one of Paris!

Murcia has been growing for about ten years now but its growth is particularly high since the last five years I would say and no one can really tell when this will stop. Personally, I don’t think it will continue to grow like this for another ten years but who knows?
A strange fact is that France besides Paris does have any other big city as only one surpasses half a million inhabitants (Marseille) whereas in Spain there is more cities over 100’000 and 500’000 inhabitants although the country only has 43 millions inhabitants compared to the 60 millions from France but of course this is not the topic of this thread, sorry about that!

Et vive le Pays Cathare!

A+

If you count the metroarea, Marseille and Lyon are both above 1,5 milion (1,6 milion for Lyon).

Yes, France as a lot of cities but small ones. This is what happened when you're controlling a large area.

Though, you got to understand France lost a lot of people in its history. Before the 100 years' war it was about 20 to 25 milions (approximation) and fell down to 10 milions after it (that's with the plague, the famine and of course the war itself). There are been other mass death since of course.
__________________
"To erect a tall building is to proclaim one’s faith in the future, the skyline is a seismograph of optimism."
Jean Nouvel
Matthieu no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #404
legolas
I'm back!
 
legolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London-Madrid
Posts: 292
Likes (Received): 0

Take it easy exarchus!!!
First. Look at your english:"stupidest thing I seen ". I don't know how is for you a correctly sponken english...
Second. Inhabitants in Toulouse: http://www.mairie-toulouse.fr/VivreA...EnChiffres.htm 398.000 inhab. in '99. In the other page you said, speaks about the pirynees.
http://www.invest-in-midipyrenees.com/page249.htm
I have seen Toulouse pop. in other pages (emporys for example) and says the same.
Really I don't know which one is correct (I'm not living there) but...
Third. I saw in a web page that the Comunity of Madrid had the best growing of the Comunities (metroareas more or less) of europe. I don't know really if it's true.
Madrid hasn't 5 mill. in urban area. It only has 3 mill (3.100.000 aprox).
Well, this is another thread from we can learn a lot from ourselves.
Right know, I think Paris has a lot of posibilities of win. London is growing also in its posibilities.
But, and sorry, I think Madrid will surprise all of us and it'll win.
legolas no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2005, 07:40 PM   #405
Matthieu
Administrateur
 
Matthieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tarbes, the capital of the world
Posts: 15,218
Likes (Received): 5617

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas
Take it easy exarchus!!!
First. Look at your english:"stupidest thing I seen ". I don't know how is for you a correctly sponken english...
Second. Inhabitants in Toulouse: http://www.mairie-toulouse.fr/VivreA...EnChiffres.htm 398.000 inhab. in '99. In the other page you said, speaks about the pirynees.
http://www.invest-in-midipyrenees.com/page249.htm
I have seen Toulouse pop. in other pages (emporys for example) and says the same.
Really I don't know which one is correct (I'm not living there) but...
Third. I saw in a web page that the Comunity of Madrid had the best growing of the Comunities (metroareas more or less) of europe. I don't know really if it's true.
Madrid hasn't 5 mill. in urban area. It only has 3 mill (3.100.000 aprox).
Well, this is another thread from we can learn a lot from ourselves.
Right know, I think Paris has a lot of posibilities of win. London is growing also in its posibilities.
But, and sorry, I think Madrid will surprise all of us and it'll win.
My stats are given by the INSEE, the organisation that makes the stats. Hardly attackable then. Trust mine then.


Ok, if you dislike stupidest, lest use most stupid rather......

Though, in English we say pyrenees.

I've check the grow of Madrid, before my post don't worry. According to www.madrid.org it was 4,6 milions in 1981 it's 5,4 milion in 2001, for 6 milions I rounded it up with the stats of 2004 (about 5,6 milions I figure).
Toulouse in 1982 was 640.000, now it's over 1 milion.

It's obvious the grow in Toulouse is % bigger.
__________________
"To erect a tall building is to proclaim one’s faith in the future, the skyline is a seismograph of optimism."
Jean Nouvel
Matthieu no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2005, 09:39 PM   #406
blue_warsaw
Registered User
 
blue_warsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Warszawa
Posts: 1,326
Likes (Received): 15

i loved so much World Cup in Paris so i will vote for France. do your best if u win
__________________
Fotografia Achitektury
blue_warsaw no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:13 PM   #407
crazyjoeda
Mac User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 977
Likes (Received): 6

This poll is surprising, since Pairs has the least votes but it will probly win.
__________________
Vancouver, site of the next Winter Olympic Games in 2010!
British Columbia, Canada. "The best place on earth."
crazyjoeda no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:23 PM   #408
Matthieu
Administrateur
 
Matthieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tarbes, the capital of the world
Posts: 15,218
Likes (Received): 5617

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjoeda
This poll is surprising, since Pairs has the least votes but it will probly win.

Moscow does, and I doubt it'll win.
__________________
"To erect a tall building is to proclaim one’s faith in the future, the skyline is a seismograph of optimism."
Jean Nouvel
Matthieu no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #409
RW-co
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Likes (Received):

For me, New York. New York will win for a new beginning...
 
Old January 27th, 2005, 01:33 PM   #410
roadtomadrid
Vuelveme A Mirar
 
roadtomadrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Madriz
Posts: 1,284
Likes (Received): 274

madrid¡¡¡¡

città bella¡¡¡¡
__________________
De Madrid al Cielo
roadtomadrid no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2005, 09:36 PM   #411
legolas
I'm back!
 
legolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London-Madrid
Posts: 292
Likes (Received): 0

No, I said that for "I seen" but, don't worry.
My english, as before I said is not very good, but pyrinees is first time I say the word.
And right now I understand you. You mean the comunity of Madrid. Ok, it's not the same than the urban grow and not the same than the metroarea one.
Well, I hope Madrid will win but it's very dificult that we'll host the summer games.
legolas no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM   #412
PornStar
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Paris, EU
Posts: 471
Likes (Received): 1

I'm biased of course. Paris. Period.
PornStar no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #413
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator
 
Galandar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gəncə
Posts: 14,920
Likes (Received): 7547

M O S C O W
Galandar no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:48 PM   #414
John
No analogues
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: London
Posts: 1,422
Likes (Received): 4

London... hopefully. Otherwise Paris.
John no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2005, 11:26 PM   #415
Hansen!
recent acquired member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 8
Likes (Received): 0

Madrid!!
Hansen! no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2005, 11:38 PM   #416
jesarm
مدريد / Мадрид / 马德里
 
jesarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Torrejón de Ardoz
Posts: 839
Likes (Received): 9

[QUOTE=Mo Rush]A FEW CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENTS SOME OF WHICH COULD BE TRUE WHICH DO YOU BELIEVE IN simply theories and statements ive heard CHOOSE WHICH ARE TRUE BY SIMPLY choosing the number

4. Madrid will definitely not win as barcelona hosted 1992,a solid bid but not enough to convince over 50 IOC members tha the games should go back to spain...

14. Madrid has the best technical bid

FACTS : a poll taken in cape town using university showed that people favoured MADRID (to my suprise as the host) QUOTE]

I don´t understant your arguments
jesarm no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #417
Sonic from Padova
Николай
 
Sonic from Padova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Padova
Posts: 8,148
Likes (Received): 85

I vote for Paris!
Sonic from Padova no está en línea  
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:21 AM   #418
Lex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peshu
Ooooooh yeah.It's just so obvious.You'd have to be blind not to see it.l.o.l.
Anyway i think Madrid will win.
Why is this funny? Everyone knows that the winner is most likely going to be Paris. Most official opinion polls show this - except the ones which state 'who do you want to win?'...
Lex no está en línea  
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #419
Peshu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 760
Likes (Received): 1

Well your telling us that Paris has this won hands down.Ofcourse i'm going to laugh.What's the point of the other cities preparing for their bids?
Look.I do agree that Paris is the favourite.But to simply imply that it is in the bag is nonsense.Besides i do think that a couple of other cities are making very good bids and giving Paris lots of competition.
Just bear in mind that the favourite doesn't always win.
But if you want to be arrogant and think it's already won.Then go ahead as this can only benefit the other candidates.
Peshu no está en línea  
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:57 AM   #420
coth
pride leader
 
coth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Moscow
Posts: 21,632
Likes (Received): 6819

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayPlan
moscow! for winter, but never the summer olympics! its summers are too cold for most.
35C is cold for you?
__________________
coth no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu