daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 9th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #4301
QatPhils
DOH - AUH - Baguio :D

Likes (Received): 11

That seems old, and read it before.
QatPhils no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #4302
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 7563

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4I.Ô.B4 View Post
i know, just saying
I don't know where you are from, but poverty is not a big problem for Azerbaijan anymore. Believe me here you can't see people as poor as in many other countries except West Europe, North America and some countries in Asia. Country lives its boom on economic development. For 8 million country it is a great deal to make its budget 12 billion $ in 2008 (Note: in 2001 budget of Azerbaijan was 1.2 billion $). So, Think Again!
Galandar no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #4303
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

For information,Baku is the only city among the candidates had 1 international and 2 european tournaments in different kinds of sport in 2007.
So, Think Again!

You can see promotion clip of 23-rd Rhythmic Gymnastics European Championship in 2007 in Baku: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DnY3D254IrI

Last edited by Galandar; January 10th, 2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #4304
th0m
oemoemenemoe

Likes (Received): 1

Azerbaijan is European?

ORANJE

www.pbase.com/th0m for photo's
th0m no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #4305
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by th0m View Post
Azerbaijan is European?
Yes, geographically Azerbaijan is partly european. Actually this country is a border state between Europe and Asia. Economically and politically Azerbaijan have very close relationship with Europe. Azerbaijan is a member of many european organizations (except EU) and has governmental course of euro-integration.
Old January 10th, 2008, 02:07 PM   #4306
meow

Likes (Received): 55

Good for Azerbaijan
but momentarily this country has a gdp of 2 olympic games' budget
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #4307
IMP╔RIO-BR
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

Great Baku, very nice city
IMP╔RIO-BR no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #4308
somataki

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvvaci View Post
six pointed star is on the Azerbijan flag. Means six tribes of Oğuz. Perfect logo. Reflects Azerbijan culture and better than Istanbul's.

Maybe its meaningfull for Azerbijan but it means nothing to the rest of the world. And it is a universal event. Istanbul logo was too simple. Istanbul deserves to host an olympics someday and of course deserves a better logo!!
somataki no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #4309
QatPhils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
I don't know where you are from, but poverty is not a big problem for Azerbaijan anymore. Believe me here you can't see people as poor as in many other countries except West Europe, North America and some countries in Asia. Country lives its boom on economic development. For 8 million country it is a great deal to make its budget 12 billion $ in 2008 (Note: in 2001 budget of Azerbaijan was 1.2 billion $). So, Think Again!
I'm not saying Azerbaijan is terrible in poverty, me, living here in another candidate city is quite the same as Baku but no poverty.
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #4310
meow

chicago's is the coolest
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #4311
meow

i think rio's doha's and baku's don't fit because they either don't have the 5 basic olympic colors representing the continents or miss some.
i'm not saying they are bad logos, i just think they don't fit.
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #4312
ělandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

Tokyo is my favorite. After that Chicago.
ělandDK no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #4313
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meow View Post
Good for Azerbaijan
but momentarily this country has a gdp of 2 olympic games' budget
For today YES, but its annual growth is some 20-30% per year. In 2016 and in further times will be much better budget and enough money to host Olympic Games.

P.S. Kardeş benim išinde šok merakedici bişey ki kardeşlerimizdende karşı šıkanlar var. Ben hišbir konuda (İstanbul 2008 ve İzmir Expo 2015 išinde) asla karşı šıkmazdım! Unutma
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #4314
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4I.Ô.B4 View Post
I'm not saying Azerbaijan is terrible in poverty, me, living here in another candidate city is quite the same as Baku but no poverty.
Bro believe me, they are not going to let muslim country to host Olympic Games, even if it has a budget of few western countries. Maybe it is my opinion, but i don't believe it anyway. A great example of it is ISTANBUL. For Azerbaijan it is early for Olympics (maybe in next years) i can accept it, maybe Istanbul and Kuala-Lumpur can do it once. But i hope best wishes to Doha too!
Old January 11th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #4315
Joop20

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
For today YES, but its annual growth is some 20-30% per year. In 2016 and in further times will be much better budget and enough money to host Olympic Games.
GDP growth of 20% or 30% per year? That's kinda impossible really, do you have facts to prove those percentages? Azerbaijan is just too poor to host the olympics at this time - even for Greece, that is more developed than Azerbaijan and has a higher population - the Olympics were a huge investment. And is there any info on where the olympic site will be located in Baku, what constructions are needed, what they will cost and what they will look like etc? None of this info can be found on the bid's website...
Joop20 no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #4316
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by somataki View Post
Maybe its meaningfull for Azerbijan but it means nothing to the rest of the world. And it is a universal event. Istanbul logo was too simple. Istanbul deserves to host an olympics someday and of course deserves a better logo!!
logo must reflect the culture of the country. Okay Athens logo was refering ancient Olympics, but it was the only example

Kuvvaci no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #4317
Joop20

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvvaci View Post
logo must reflect the culture of the country. Okay Athens logo was refering ancient Olympics, but it was the only example
I don't think many people care about the logos of Olympic Games. They're just some silly drawing to most people, nothing more and nothing less. You aren't gonna win an Olympics bid by having a good logo.
Joop20 no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #4318
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

Tokyo and Chicago are both nice, but i prefer Chicago's.
xXFallenXx no está en línea  
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:00 AM   #4319
QatPhils

Quote:
Bro believe me, they are not going to let muslim country to host Olympic Games, even if it has a budget of few western countries. Maybe it is my opinion, but i don't believe it anyway. A great example of it is ISTANBUL. For Azerbaijan it is early for Olympics (maybe in next years) i can accept it, maybe Istanbul and Kuala-Lumpur can do it once. But i hope best wishes to Doha too!
What are the reasons they won't let a muslim country host it, they should choose likely countries in regions which hasn't hosted one yet.
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #4320
Herr Lind
BANNED

Likes (Received): 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP╔RIO-BR View Post
Great Baku, very nice city
You saw only best views. I think Baku is typical post-Soviet city.
Herr Lind no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016