daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old February 10th, 2005, 07:52 AM   #461
Peshu

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush
MADRID CAR BOMB AT ITS CONVENTION CENTRE, some racist chants and now a car bomb injuring 39 outside a proposed olympic venue, all madrid needs now is some bribery rumours!!

As if the other cities don't bribe.Wake up.
It's just so sad to have this stereotype about certain countries.Too many films i think.There is corruption in every country.It's just that a Mexican might fall into corruption more quickly then an American because he is generally so much more desperate financially.
Peshu no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #462
Kika
Better United

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
MADRID CAR BOMB AT ITS CONVENTION CENTRE, some racist chants and now a car bomb injuring 39 outside a proposed olympic venue, all madrid needs now is some bribery rumours!!

Look who is talking about racism! If you are from South Africa and are concerned about this sad phenomenon, I think you shouldn’t be wasting your valuable time on this forum because there is probably much more to do in that respect in your country like stopping whites from “feeding” lions with locals…
I don’t think that a country like Spain that is currently legalizing nearly 800’000 illegal foreigners can be treated as a racist country just because of several monkeys (fans) were giving a very pathetic image in a football stadium. Either you are as narrow minded as these idiots and this would explain why you make these silly comments or either you think twice before posting.
The ETA terrorism is almost dead compared to early years like 1992 when Barcelona hosted the OG. Unfortunately, this is not specific to Spain but to all countries sadly.
Your bribing comments or rumours you want to spread again shows how narrow minded you must be…

Last edited by Kika; February 11th, 2005 at 04:07 PM.
Kika no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:15 AM   #463
Ekumenopolis
Neon overdose

Likes (Received): 2942

Mo Rush, what are u talking about??

We have had terrorism since a lot of time, and the IOC and everybody knows it. But London, NYC, Paris, and Moscow; all this cities had terrorism (and some still do). Racism? C´mon, thats the typical "The Sun" and "The Mirror" stupid stories for creating controversy and sell more newspapers.

Think before posting, please.
Ecumenopolis: "The city of the future, covering most of the habitable surface of the Earth as a continuous system, forming an universal settlement, the limits determined by climatic constraints and the extent of fairly flat land."
Ekumenopolis no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:24 AM   #464
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

Obviously people from cape town have little respect and are extremely dumb and bias. Since i Hail From Hellas, the land that founded these games dedicated to our Gods and one in particular, Zeus, i Ask him to Curse your city of never ever hosting a game in his honour or on Olympian Game at all. VIVA HELLAS, VIVA EUROPE!!!! VIVA MADRID VIVA PARIS VIVA LONDON!!!!!
Giorgio no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #465
Kika
Better United

[QUOTE=pricemazda]Are you stupid, France and Spain violated international law by having troops in Kosovo. The Kosovo operations were not sanctioned by the UN, it was illegal in international law.

What are you talking about! How many civilians the Spanish and French troops killed in Kosovo and how many yours killed in Irak and on other countries? Common just be serious for a while, the UK will ALLWAYS lose in this silly and pathetic comparison. Spanish troops were sent in the Balkans to protect civilians in the best way they possibly could. As far as I know Spain has absolutely no interest in going there…
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #466
Ekumenopolis
Neon overdose

Likes (Received): 2942

Kika, u forgot to say Spain, France and other countries went to Kosovo under UN flag.
Ecumenopolis: "The city of the future, covering most of the habitable surface of the Earth as a continuous system, forming an universal settlement, the limits determined by climatic constraints and the extent of fairly flat land."
Ekumenopolis no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #467
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Likes (Received): 1384

They didn't go into Kosovo with the UN, Russia vetoed any UN resolution. So NATO, did it anyway.

Saddam Hussein killed over 300'000 of his own people, should we have allowed it continue. I was against the war, for the reasons we were told, if they had said lets get rid of a nasty dictator, I would have supported it. But I am not going to argue that after the event, it would be better if saddam was still in power. You say that to the people who voted in their first election.

That made it illegal in international law. So either you oppose US&UK in Iraq because it was illegal and action in Kosovo, or you don't

Do you honestly think British troops in Iraq were sent there to kill civilians. You need to look at the differences in British run Basra and American run Baghdad.
Old February 10th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #468
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

there was a car bomb in madrid and there was racist chants these are facts!! not my opinions no further comment to giorgios talking to greek gods i think that an issue he needs to sort out himself!!
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2005, 11:11 AM   #469
Giorgio

Thats exactly y CT dont deserve the OG's. Thats what there really about i bet you South Africans dont know a thing about the Routes of the games. If you have been to greece you would know how powerful the country is and thats why many people believe that the gods do create energy
Giorgio no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #470
Kika
Better United

Quote:
there was a car bomb in madrid and there was racist chants these are facts!! not my opinions no further comment to giorgios talking to greek gods i think that an issue he needs to sort out himself!!
What? Is that it? You just sound like a parrot repeating over and over the same stuff. Honestly I was expecting another reaction from you particularly after what I have said. That just confirms how narrow minded you must probably be.
I don’t think that someone coming from a country like yours has something to teach us in Europe. By the way, I suspect you to have something against Spaniards that I would call racism, don’t you?
Old February 10th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #471
Kika
Better United

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricemazda
They didn't go into Kosovo with the UN, Russia vetoed any UN resolution. So NATO, did it anyway.

Saddam Hussein killed over 300'000 of his own people, should we have allowed it continue. I was against the war, for the reasons we were told, if they had said lets get rid of a nasty dictator, I would have supported it. But I am not going to argue that after the event, it would be better if saddam was still in power. You say that to the people who voted in their first election.

That made it illegal in international law. So either you oppose US&UK in Iraq because it was illegal and action in Kosovo, or you don't

Do you honestly think British troops in Iraq were sent there to kill civilians. You need to look at the differences in British run Basra and American run Baghdad.

My question wasn’t how many this AH of Saddam killed (figures that by the way can be trusted as much as the ones concerning the mass destruction weapons as they come from the same lying sources i.e. the USA and the UK). My question was how many, your troops killed and how many the Spanish troops killed in the Balkans? Before posting what you have just said about the Spanish troops, you should first check what they have done in Kosovo and in the rest of the Balkans (hospitals, schools etc.) and then check what the British troops did since they have started bombing Irak in 1991… I don’t think you will stand the comparison… When will your government follow what the British people really want instead of following like a little dog what your big brother (USA) wants? Are you in Europe or are you the 51st state of the USA?
Old February 10th, 2005, 12:01 PM   #472
Giorgio

He has something against all europeans? Are you jealous were too good for you?
Giorgio no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #473
Mo Rush

yes cause ure only worth a parrot response what are you talking about teaching europeans ??? you are seriously taking this tooo seriously
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old February 10th, 2005, 12:26 PM   #474
Kika
Better United

Quote:
yes cause ure only worth a parrot response what are you talking about teaching europeans ??? you are seriously taking this tooo seriously

Old February 11th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #475
brummad
Oh! There he is!!

Likes (Received): 22

you all say that other forumers are hating whole nations and calling them racist.

well quite frankly you are not giving the best image of your home nations across to others with the petty arguing about something that the majority of forumers dont want to read about in this forum.

get over yourselves and get a life....god if everyone in your countries had an attitude like yours no wonder people hate you

xx
brummad no está en línea  
Old February 11th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #476
Giorgio

If you dont wanna read about it fine get out,,,, simple live wif it
Giorgio no está en línea  
Old February 11th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #477
Kika
Better United

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummad
you all say that other forumers are hating whole nations and calling them racist.

well quite frankly you are not giving the best image of your home nations across to others with the petty arguing about something that the majority of forumers dont want to read about in this forum.

get over yourselves and get a life....god if everyone in your countries had an attitude like yours no wonder people hate you

xx

To whom is this post addressed if I may ask? Please, read ALL the posts before replying!

Old February 12th, 2005, 04:59 PM   #478
Mo Rush

Madrid short on the 'wow' factor

By Gordon Farquhar
BBC Five Live sports news correspondent in Madrid

The International Olympic Committee's inspectors certainly take their responsibilities seriously.

Every session of their visit to Madrid over-ran as they asked a barrage of questions about the finer details of the city's plans for the 2012 Olympics.

Having seen the majority of the venues at first hand now, Madrid appears to have most of the answers.

There is plenty of available land, all of it in the hands of the city authorities.

Major works have already begun at what will be the main stadium site, where an aquatic centre is under construction, along with a new metro station which is designed to handle large crowds.

The idea of having an athletes' village so close to the main Olympic ring is clearly one of the main selling points.

Competitors will be able to walk to the main stadium, pool and gymnastics hall, although persuading them to give up the comforts of an air-conditioned bus might be tricky.

The two other clusters of venues make a lot of sense, and it all adds up to a compact, neat, and credible bid. But is that enough?

Some 80% of the venues are going to be built whether the Games come to Madrid or not, so the physical legacy of the Olympics will not be huge.

Especially when you compare, say, with London's ambitious plans for an enormous Olympic park in a run-down area of the East End, and the legacy is greater in New York too.

There may be substantial support for the bid here, but what evidence of genuine enthusiasm?

Yes, of course, from the city authorities, but I did not get the feeling that one way or the other most people were unduly concerned.

If the bid has opponents, only a handful, bearing banners describing themselves as "victims of tourism", could be bothered to stand up and demonstrate their views when the IOC's representatives were in town.

The IOC inspectors will need some stamina to survive the next few weeks
So do the Madrilenos really care?

The bid team unveiled their banner in front of 60,000 football supporters at the Bernabeu stadium, to polite applause.

Hey ho, such things are difficult to judge. It is possible, however, to reasonably question whether Madrid has got the 'wow' factor.

Increasingly, IOC members seem to be favouring bids with added value, something a little extra.

I think the Madrid bid is a bit short of big ideas, on the lines of staging the beach volleyball beneath the Eiffel Tower, or along Horseguards Parade.

Some might dismiss that as a gimmick, but it does not do to be too stylish, cool or European about these things.

Madrid's many fine buildings and historical streets will serve largely as a backdrop, not a prop in the grand production as conceived by their rivals.

Feature: What is the evaluation commission looking for?
The commissioners worked hard. They asked for extra details, and sought additional briefings on areas where they need more information.

They posed for the odd photograph, even took penalties for the benefit of the cameras in the Bernabeu.

But they stuck to their task, and spoke to no-one from the media apart from at the final press conference, where Madrid's bid was given careful, considered praise without prejudice to the other four candidates.

They will need some stamina to survive the next few weeks, and doubtless will work long hours to draw up their report for members on the relative merits of the five great cities they will inspect.

They may even place Madrid at the top of the pile for its technical merits.

There is to be no official ranking, although it does not take a genius to work out which way they're thinking.

But I'm not sure that's going to be enough for the members whose votes are the only measure that really counts.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old February 12th, 2005, 05:54 PM   #479
Giorgio

Mo Rush....please be a more normal person and Stop posting big slabs of writing u found on google....its annoying just link the url and give ur opinion included in the post
Giorgio no está en línea  
Old February 13th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #480
benmabillon

Likes (Received): 2

Paris has just built a temporary olympic "signal" on the locus of the future Olympic Village. That'll be a nice welcome sign for the IOC team.
benmabillon no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016