daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 25th, 2009, 03:56 AM   #5601
JR Nazareth

Likes (Received): 0

Nuzman: "Rio is ready for unforgettable Games"
Reuters

BERLIN (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will choose on October 2, the host city for the 2016 Olympic Games, a competition involving Chicago, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo.

Following an interview with the president of the Brazilian Olympic Committee (COB) and chief application Brazilian Nuzman.

REUTERS - why their city should receive the 2016 Olympics?

NUZMAN - The Olympic Games have always been best when they explored new territories and touched the lives of new people. There were wonderful games in Europe, Oceania, North America and Asia, but the dream of Rio-2016 is bringing the Games to South America for the first time. Rio is ready to deliver unforgettable Games, in a continent that would inspire young people, while it would be fully aligned with the long-term needs of the city and country.

REUTERS - What is the strength of his candidacy and what you would like to improve if I had more time?

NUZMAN - With full government support for the Games, the Rio is ready to begin work on October 3 if it is chosen by the IOC, without the need for bank loans or advertising revenue stage. Organize the Games in South America for the first time has the potential to transform the lives of millions of people.

Reuters - With candidates required to follow strict guidelines and criteria of the IOC, which is the innovative aspect of its proposal that makes it unique?

NUZMAN - All sports during the Games of Rio 2016 will be held within a city, in four clusters: in Diodorus, around the Maracanã, along Copacabana beach and the vibrant district of Barra.

Thanks to the unique natural attributes of the city and existing facilities, the river will provide locations for sports such as rowing, sailing, shooting and riding within city limits, leaving the athlete closer to the heart of the Games.

All clusters of facilities will be connected by a ring of high-performance transport and a network of Olympic.

REUTERS - In terms of construction of major facilities, which still needs to be built and what already exists?

NUZMAN - Within the plan for the Games of Rio 2016, 74 percent of the facilities are built. Facilities such as water park, the velodrome, the arena complex and Diodorus were built for the Pan American Games in 2007 and still used today.

The João Havelange Stadium, receiving athletics, and the Maracana stadium with 90 thousand seats proposed for the opening and closing and the end of football, there are and will be upgraded by 2016.

http://www.abril.com.br/noticias/esp...s-539212.shtml

JR Nazareth no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:58 AM   #5602
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Likes (Received): 5222

Getting ready for Copenhague

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 04:52 AM   #5603
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Nazareth View Post
Nuzman: "Rio is ready for unforgettable Games"
Reuters

BERLIN (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will choose on October 2, the host city for the 2016 Olympic Games, a competition involving Chicago, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo.

Following an http://www.abril.com.br/noticias/esp...s-539212.shtml
UNFORGETTABLE GAMES - Reasons seem to be bland as we have infrastructure, first in South Am, ....
Dont u think u can win votes with these statements. Come up with a punch line. As Undergorund always uses "Fantastic" for Tokyo though the popular support in Japan is the minimum among all candidates.
Moreover, Mr. Lula Da Silva has not exhibited his oratory skills on any of the major International platforms be it G 20, BRIC. It is all about the charisma of the group which leads the delegation at Copenhagen which can change undecided minds. Note: Sydney won by the thinnest of margins. Lulla/Brazil-BRIC has been strong in the Climate change talks in a resistive way thwarting hypocritic resolutions but not in a way to make the rest accept what BRIC says. What is required at Copenhagen is not resistive strength but convincing strength.
Do u hav Pele going in the delegation? He should add some flavour.

Last edited by antriksh_sfo; September 25th, 2009 at 05:06 AM.
antriksh_sfo no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #5604
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

[QUOTE=-Corey-;43605956]Getting ready for Copenhague
QUOTE]
Won't Air Force One be going there?
Old September 25th, 2009, 05:23 AM   #5605
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by antriksh_sfo View Post
Hopefully, yes. But only the President is going on Air Force One, the rest of the Chicago delegation is taking a special passenger plane with the Chicago 2016 logo on it.
Onn no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:04 AM   #5606
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

[QUOTE=antriksh_sfo;43608040]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
QUOTE]
Yeap, but that's for Obama

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #5607
napoleon
Liberty, Equality, Frate

Likes (Received): 4369

Rio de Janeiro 2016 for Latin America.
napoleon no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #5608
Carlos Teixeira

Likes (Received): 101

Let´s go Rio... a new frontier to the games... no more 100% commercial games... let´s put a heart on it...
Carlos Teixeira no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #5609
Yrmom247
Parabolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
you're thinking of Barcelona

Santiago is going to bid for a Winter Olympics.
Old September 25th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #5610
JR Nazareth

Quote:
UNFORGETTABLE GAMES - Reasons seem to be bland as we have infrastructure, first in South Am, ....
Dont u think u can win votes with these statements. Come up with a punch line. As Undergorund always uses "Fantastic" for Tokyo though the popular support in Japan is the minimum among all candidates.
Moreover, Mr. Lula Da Silva has not exhibited his oratory skills on any of the major International platforms be it G 20, BRIC. It is all about the charisma of the group which leads the delegation at Copenhagen which can change undecided minds. Note: Sydney won by the thinnest of margins. Lulla/Brazil-BRIC has been strong in the Climate change talks in a resistive way thwarting hypocritic resolutions but not in a way to make the rest accept what BRIC says. What is required at Copenhagen is not resistive strength but convincing strength.
Do u hav Pele going in the delegation? He should add some flavour.

Brazil is to have that opportunity ...

About our beloved president, Lula, whether or not great oratory to convince that I do not know, because I am confused by your statement, as he says about the contacts with IOC members, when they were inspecting the RIO, which he went to them was clear on the proposal of the RIO 2016 ...
(He received several accolades from national and international press)

Celebrities:

In addition to our Pelé, we still Cielo, the sportsmen of our collective teams (volleyball, basketball and football)

And the main influential people within the IOC .... Joao Havelange has been for 20 years president of FIFA, well respected by all ... and our carismatico Nuzmam (COB) one of the best known among the national committees.

Believe that celebrities do not win votes, but more a presentation that will convince voters.

Just as the 2014 World Cup, much like the Games were in Rio, to help in processing what has happened in Brazil.

Good luck to all .... They did a wonderful job ....
Old September 25th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #5611
RobH

Likes (Received): 10331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Teixeira View Post
Let´s go Rio... a new frontier to the games... no more 100% commercial games... let´s put a heart on it...
Can I ask how Rio intends to make money which the IOC will be expecting to reap from their games if it is to shun selling mascots, branded merchandise, a sponsorship programme etc.

Play on stereotypes all you want but Rio 2016 will have to be as commercial as any other games, so your argument doesn't stack up.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old September 25th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #5612
JR Nazareth

Rio 2016 Bid City Presentation at SportAccord Convention in Denver (26.03.09)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4_iaht3y7I
Old September 25th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #5613
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
Hopefully, yes. But only the President is going on Air Force One, the rest of the Chicago delegation is taking a special passenger plane with the Chicago 2016 logo on it.
I dont think Obama will be going to Copenhagen, since he is afraid of associating himself with anything that can fail.
But guys, if Rio does win it will indeed be a new chapter in the Olympic movement.
Madrid, Tokyo don't even cross the II round even in weirdest of my thoughts - They are much similar to Berlin/Istanbul (Madrid falling in the category of Instanbul) of 2000 summer games bid.

Last edited by antriksh_sfo; September 25th, 2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old September 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #5614
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Can I ask how Rio intends to make money which the IOC will be expecting to reap from their games if it is to shun selling mascots, branded merchandise, a sponsorship programme etc.

Play on stereotypes all you want but Rio 2016 will have to be as commercial as any other games, so your argument doesn't stack up.
I agree totally.
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #5615
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
Yes, a week to go.

I'm not anxious. I think Rio will win without problems. Hoping in a my error.
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #5616
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Quote:
I dont think Obama will be going to Copenhagen, since he is afraid of associating himself with anything that can fail.
But guys, if Rio does win it will indeed be a new chapter in the Olympic movement.
Madrid, Tokyo don't even cross the II round even in weirdest of my thoughts - They are much similar to Berlin/Istanbul (Madrid falling in the category of Instanbul) of 2000 summer games bid.
I doubt it

Obama May Head to Copenhagen, After All

By Helene Cooper PITTSBURGH—The White House, after initially saying that President Obama was too busy with overhauling the health insurance system to commit to going to Copenhagen to push for Chicago’s 2016 Olympic bid, now says that he “absolutely” might go.
White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters aboard Mr. Obama’s flight to Pittsburgh from New York on Thursday that an advance team has departed the United States for Copenhagen “to preserve the option for the President to visit Copenhagen and lend his voice to America’s bid for the 2016 Olympics.” But, he added, no final decisions have been made.
Administration officials said privately that Mr. Obama could go if he thought that his presence would tip the favor for Chicago. Mr. Gibbs said that First Lady Michelle Obama will be in Copenhagen to push for Chicago, whether Mr. Obama goes or not.
The trip, if it happens, would be next Friday, and would likely be a quick in-and-out trip, administration officials said.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-after-all/?hp

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:52 PM   #5617
Onn
BANNED

Quote:
Obama will be there, don't you worry.

And no, Beijing just held the Olympics last year. If that wasn't the beginning of "a new era", I really don't know what is?
Onn no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:54 PM   #5618
Onn
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Underground View Post
Yes, a week to go.

I'm not anxious. I think Rio will win without problems. Hoping in a my error.
I would like to know where Rio is getting all their votes from, because the numbers would not seem to add up to a Rio victory here.
Onn no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #5619
superpilyoako

Tokyo's bid is the most believable for me...
Old September 25th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #5620
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
I would like to know where Rio is getting all their votes from, because the numbers would not seem to add up to a Rio victory here.
We have almost all Latin Countries vote, some africans and Portugual and France. We will probably get some votes from Madrid if they leave comp before us.
TEBC no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016