daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 27th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #5681
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5785

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeimieLvr View Post
I could have written that simple sentence in French, even with my limited years of study...smart one.

Portuguese is not a very widely-spoken language...whereas English is spoken by over 1 billion people worldwide and is the dominant international language in the areas of science, aviation, communications, business, diplomacy, radio, and entertainment. The two languages are not an even comparison by any stretch of the imagination.

Im just saying before you critize our educational skills know a little about us!! How it was said, we have no obligations to speak in english, we just do it cause we need to participate here, but is some kind of rude for you or anyone say that we are writing wrong.

você acha educado eu vir aqui no fórum e começar a falar em portuguÊs e te chamar de burro por não me entender? Saber falar em qualquer língua não é obrigação do homem médio, agora saber a capital do Brasil é o mínimo que se espera de uma pessoa normal.

Try google translator, smart one!!
TEBC no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2009, 05:57 AM   #5682
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5785

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeimieLvr View Post
It wasn't an attack...if you read the previous posts you'll understand. My post was in response to a member placing the two languages on the same level. That's it.
tell me where did I placded both languages in the same level??? I made my point saying that if I am so stupid that cant write in english, how am I able to understand and speak english, French, spanish and Italian?? With portuguese, there are 5 languages that I can at least maintain a conversation, right or wrong people can understand me.
TEBC no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 06:22 AM   #5683
samito
The Best Tester

Likes (Received): 61

I did a reading with tarot cards, and the results were...

Fourth finalist:
CHICAGO with the "ace of swords" (-) the inminet defeat
and "the chariot" (+) the candidate great

Third finalist:
MADRID with the "eight of wands" (-) the good fight
and "temperance" (+) the balance, not loses and not wins, possible second

Second finalist and possible winner
TOKYO with the "ace of pentacles" (+) the success, many possibilities
and "the tower" (+) do not is the moment, is the best but "this not is her time"

The winner and possible second finalist
RIO with the "ace of cups" (+) pace and love, the candidate worthy
and "death"(+) the inminet change, the end for new start. of all the cards revealed this is the more powerful.

Thanks.

Last edited by samito; September 27th, 2009 at 07:59 AM.
samito no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #5684
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10786

Just curious, but is Tokyo spelled 'Tokio' in Spanish?

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso está en línea ahora  
Old September 27th, 2009, 07:35 AM   #5685
tboy800

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Just curious, but is Tokyo spelled 'Tokio' in Spanish?
Yes, it is.

go Madrid!!
tboy800 no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 07:44 AM   #5686
samito
The Best Tester

Likes (Received): 61

ok
samito no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #5687
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 6164

Hopefully, Rio will be selected.........
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:41 AM   #5688
redspork02

Likes (Received): 813

I thing that if the Chicago does not get 2016, the USOC will go ahead with there own Olympics network and undermine the IOC, just to spite them and garner more olympics sponsorship revenue.

IT'S TIME FOR DODGER BASEBALL!!
redspork02 no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #5689
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by redspork02 View Post
I thing that if the Chicago does not get 2016, the USOC will go ahead with there own Olympics network and undermine the IOC, just to spite them and garner more olympics sponsorship revenue.
What are you talking about? The IOC wouldn't allow the USOC to set up their own network should Chicago not win, especially if they don't get a cut of revenue.
Lord David no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #5690
redspork02

Likes (Received): 813

The USOC has been a longtime annoyance to the IOC. The USOC didn't help matters when it announced plans for its own television network, putting it in competition with NBC starting after 2012. NBC just happens to provide the IOC with its largest chunk of revenue through a $2.2 billion deal to broadcast the 2010 and 2012 Olympics.

IT'S TIME FOR DODGER BASEBALL!!
redspork02 no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #5691
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
We have almost all Latin Countries vote, some africans and Portugual and France. We will probably get some votes from Madrid if they leave comp before us.
Corret. People don't vote best bid, but vote for political reason.
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #5692
RobH

Likes (Received): 10325

That's not quite true. It's a mixture. Some will vote for the best bid, some will vote for the safest, some will vote on political lines. That's what makes any predictions so difficult.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old September 27th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #5693
WeimieLvr
Love me, love my dog...

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
tell me where did I placded both languages in the same level??? I made my point saying that if I am so stupid that cant write in english, how am I able to understand and speak english, French, spanish and Italian?? With portuguese, there are 5 languages that I can at least maintain a conversation, right or wrong people can understand me.
You did, but I won't explain how...and congratulations on your 5 languages. Anyone else want to brag about something?
WeimieLvr no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #5694
BOL

Likes (Received): 0

Madrid will win!
BOL no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #5695
rsol2000

Likes (Received): 8681

The United States hosted the third olympic games in 32 years (1984 - Los Angeles, 1996 - Atlanta and "2016 - Chicago?"). And lot winter games, the last in 2002.
And South America?

RIO 2016 GOGOGOGO!
rsol2000 no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #5696
calenzano

Likes (Received): 8

I have no doubt Rio will win!
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:38 PM   #5697
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Likes (Received): 5222

The Arab world support Chicago
http://www.alarabiya.net/views/2009/09/27/86270.html

Arab World has opportunity to confront bigotry in America

This week, the Arab World will be participating in a vote that on its face may seem insignificant to the many problems that plague the Middle East but could begin a process of changing the United States.

The vote will take place Friday in Copenhagen where the International Olympic Committee (IOC) will decide which of four cities between Madrid, Tokyo, Rio and Chicago will win the right to host the Olympics in 2016.

Compared to the votes in the United Nations where the pro-Israel bloc continues to block peace, hold back the advances of the Arab World and continues to denigrate the rights of Islamic countries, the IOC vote Friday may seem insignificant.

In fact, though, the vote could begin a process not of changing the United Nations, but rather creating an opportunity to enact change in the United States, the one nation that holds the key to the future of the Middle East.

The IOC consists of 111 members, 12 of whom representative the Arab World from Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, UAE, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia. Each country has one member on the IOC except Egypt and Morocco, which have participated the longest and most successful in past Olympic competitions, each have two members.

Those 12 Arab delegates can be the deciding factor in awarding the Olympics to Chicago.

Why is Chicago important? Unlike other nation’s competing for the Olympics, Chicago’s presentation is made by the city, not the country. Chicago officials beginning with its Mayor Richard M. Daley, have been lobbying to get President Barack Obama to make an appearance in Copenhagen to help swing the vote in Chicago’s favor.

As an American, I want the IOC to grant the 2016 Olympics to Chicago. But, as An American of Arab heritage, I also want the United States and Chicago to recognize their failure in respecting not only the principles of justice and fairness in the Middle East, but to end the practice and reality of the city’s discrimination against it’s citizens who are of Arab heritage.

In voting this week, the 12-member Arab delegation should use its power to condition their decision on how the winning city will respect its expatriate citizens.

That is a difficult thing to ask since none of the countries of the Arab World have ever recognized the real potential and the value that Americans of Arab heritage represent. The Arab World has always acted in a vacuum on Middle East issues believing that the decision-making process in American begins at the top levels of government.

The truth is, American power begins at the grassroots level. The “trenches” where American Arabs have been waging a long and difficult fight against discrimination for most of their existence in this nation.

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏

Last edited by -Corey-; September 27th, 2009 at 08:44 PM.
-Corey- no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:40 PM   #5698
Cobucci

Likes (Received): 927

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
Arab World has opportunity to confront bigotry in America

This week, the Arab World will be participating in a vote that on its face may seem insignificant to the many problems that plague the Middle East but could begin a process of changing the United States.

The vote will take place Friday in Copenhagen where the International Olympic Committee (IOC) will decide which of four cities between Madrid, Tokyo, Rio and Chicago will win the right to host the Olympics in 2016.
I think Arab World will vote for Rio, in its majority.

I hope.
Cobucci no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #5699
mrnu

Likes (Received): 9

GO RIO!!!!...
mrnu no está en línea  
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #5700
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

An utterly rubbish op piece Corey, not sure why you even bothered posting it.

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016