daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #5741
JR Nazareth

Likes (Received): 0

Nuzman is "proud" of project Rio for 2016 Games

Copenhagen, 28 set (EFE) .- The chairman of the committee of the candidacy of Rio de Janeiro at the 2016 Olympic Games, Nuzman, proved to be "proud" before the project presented by the Rio de Janeiro.

According Nuzman, which is also ahead of the Brazilian Olympic Committee (COB), the goal has been "completed" to receive the support of the Evaluation Committee of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

"No one can doubt for a project that was approved by the IOC, something that fills us with pride. And the rapporteur of the committee appointed him as the best," said the manager directly from Copenhagen, where he will be the announcement of the next host of the Games in Friday.

Nuzman said that the Olympic committee had not reported any critical point in the application of Rio, and sent an explanation from the IOC on the difficulties in areas such as accommodation and transport.

"The project of Rio de Janeiro with 150 contracts in hotels, something no other candidate can make. There are no cities with no problems," he noted.

The fact that the three levels of government - municipal, federal and state - support the River project is not "historic," said Nuzman.

The four days of the announcement of the Games in 2016, the chairman of the committee admitted feeling "different" to enter the climate of the election.

Nuzman is accompanied by the secretary-general of the application, Carlos Roberto Osorio, the communications director, Leonardo Gryner, and director of sports, Agberto Guimarães.

http://esporte.uol.com.br/ultimas/ef...77u112789.jhtm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RIO 2016 !!

Good luck to all candidates
JR Nazareth no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2009, 05:45 PM   #5742
JR Nazareth

Danes prefer to travel to the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in 2016

Newspaper poll puts the city as the ideal place to watch the Games

Rafael Maranhão
Direct from Copenhagen
Agency / Reuters

The Politiken newspaper held a poll with the question: If you could choose the city you would like to travel to attend the Olympics in 2016, what would it be? Rio gave a good margin.

The Marvelous City won with 36%, with Madrid coming in second (29%). If there is a place where the Danes do not seem very interested in going is Tokyo, which ranked last, with only 16%. Chicago finished third with 20%.

The capital of Denmark, Copenhagen, is the headquarters of the 121st. session of the International Olympic Committee, which will set on 2 October to host the 2016 Games, and the XII Olympic Congress, which begins tomorrow and will discuss where changes and improvements to the Olympics.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esport...ANEIRO+EM.html

Last edited by JR Nazareth; September 28th, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #5743
JR Nazareth

Rio leads new ranking as the site for 2016

Posted on 28/09/2009 at 10h21m
Lancepress

Rio de Janeiro is the favorite to be chosen to host the 2016 Olympic Games. This is the conclusion of the site Around the Rings, specializing in Olympic Bid, which released its rankings on Monday. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will make his choice on Friday in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Under the system of evaluation of the site, the river comes up with 84 points, one more than Chicago (USA). Madrid (ESP) and Tokyo (Japan) are tied at 80. In the previous ranking in June, the American city occupied the end of the ranking.

Another specialized site, the Games Bids, also puts the Rio de Janeiro as a favorite, with 61.61 points to 60.01 in Chicago.

See ranking of Around the Rings:

1 - Rio de Janeiro: 84 pt_set2 - Chicago: 83 pt_set3 - Madrid: 80 pt_set3 - Tokyo: 80 points

See ranking of Games Bids:

1 - Rio de Janeiro: 61.61 pt_set2 - Chicago: 60.01 pt_set3 - Tokyo: 59.20 pontos4 - Madrid: 57.80 points

http://oglobo.globo.com/esportes/mat...-767808653.asp
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #5744
RobH

Likes (Received): 10315

Just as Paris did 4 years ago. It means nothing.
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #5745
DFDalton
Banished from SSP

Likes (Received): 127

There seems to be some question as to who owns the site called "Chicagoans for Rio". Some here were convinced it was a fraud perpetrated by someone in Rio, not a genuine grassroots Chicago effort.

The story that Chicago's Fox News affiliate has been asked not to run its TV report on the website (which takes for granted the website is legit) by the Chicago Olympic Committee is posted on the Drudge Report, not mentioning the controversy over who owns the website but rather suggesting a corrupt COC wishes to bury an embarrassing story. I saw this posted on a link from Drudge Report to Breitbart.com, which seems to suggest that ChicagoansforRio is indeed a legitimate Chicago effort, not a scam by someone in Rio. I can't not vouch for its accuracy, just putting it out there:

The website ChicagoansForRio.com is owned by a Kevin Lynch of Chicago according to the original public WhoIs records in DomainTools and public telephone records in AnyWho.

http://domain-history.domaintools.co...ate=2009-03-21
Domain: chicagoansforrio.com – Domain History
Cache Date: 2009-03-21
Registrar: TUCOWS INC.

Registrant:
Kevin Lynch
1545 W. School St.
Chicago, IL 60657
US

Domain name: CHICAGOANSFORRIO.COM
Administrative Contact:
Lynch, Kevin [email protected]
1545 W. School St.
Chicago, IL 60657
US
+1.7733889188 Fax: +1.3105642007

http://whitepages.anywho.com/results...qn=Lynch&qs=IL
Kevin Lynch
1545 W School St
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 388-9180

BTW: The posters there are having a field day with Chicago's reputation for crime and political scandal.
DFDalton no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #5746
JR Nazareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Just as Paris did 4 years ago. It means nothing.
Unlike the work of Paris 2012 and Rio 2016, the eve of the election ...... is that the Rio 2016, even a favorite, still working behind the scenes .. London took the opportunity .......

Last edited by JR Nazareth; September 28th, 2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #5747
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFDalton View Post
There seems to be some question as to who owns the site called "Chicagoans for Rio". Some here were convinced it was a fraud perpetrated by someone in Rio, not a genuine grassroots Chicago effort.

The story that Chicago's Fox News affiliate has been asked not to run its TV report on the website (which takes for granted the website is legit) by the Chicago Olympic Committee is posted on the Drudge Report, not mentioning the controversy over who owns the website but rather suggesting a corrupt COC wishes to bury an embarrassing story. I saw this posted on a link from Drudge Report to Breitbart.com, which seems to suggest that ChicagoansforRio is indeed a legitimate Chicago effort, not a scam by someone in Rio. I can't not vouch for its accuracy, just putting it out there:

The website ChicagoansForRio.com is owned by a Kevin Lynch of Chicago according to the original public WhoIs records in DomainTools and public telephone records in AnyWho.

Registrant:
Kevin Lynch
1545 W. School St.
Chicago, IL 60657
US

Administrative Contact:
1545 W. School St.
Chicago, IL 60657
US

Kevin Lynch
1545 W School St
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 388-9180

BTW: The posters there are having a field day with Chicago's reputation for crime and political scandal.
That's not what I get when I look it up.

http://whois.org/whois/chicagoansforrio.com
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #5748
Wey
Recursive

Likes (Received): 1593

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFDalton View Post

Registrant:
Kevin Lynch
1545 W. School St.
Chicago, IL 60657
US

Administrative Contact:
1545 W. School St.
Chicago, IL 60657
US

Kevin Lynch
1545 W School St
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 388-9180

Glad to know the "schem" actually turned to be from the opposite side...

GO RIO 2016!!! 4 DAYS TO GO!
10 V=ULTIMATE L
Wey no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #5749
zdaddy233

Likes (Received): 2

Too bad Michael Jordan isnt going to represent Chicago. Might be the most dominating athlete in a sport ever, as well as one of the most recognizable people across the globe.
zdaddy233 no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #5750
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdaddy233 View Post
Too bad Michael Jordan isnt going to represent Chicago. Might be the most dominating athlete in a sport ever, as well as one of the most recognizable people across the globe.
Danish news says Michael Jordan will also be here? Sure he isn't going?

my flickr
ØlandDK no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #5751
JRQ
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Likes (Received): 241

A fraudulent website linked back to Rio. The leader of a country "demanding" you vote for his nation.....can't wait to see what will be next.

-Fairfax County-1,137,000
--Virginia Beach-448,000
---Norfolk-246,000
----Chesapeake-230,000
-----Richmond-214,000
------Arlington-208,000
-------Newport News-182,000
--------Alexandria-149,000
---------Hampton-136,000
----------Roanoke-98,000
-----------Portsmouth-96,000
JRQ no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #5752
zdaddy233

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ØlandDK View Post
Well thats fantastic news then. Plus, everyone wants to be like Mike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46q22fccbn4
zdaddy233 no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #5753
Ganis
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

Obama is on his way to help sway the IOC bid committee into giving the games to Chicago. Obama and Oprah! Together they will get Chicago the 2016 Olympics... YES THEY CAN!
Ganis no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #5754
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
Originally Posted by ØlandDK View Post
That would be the first I've heard of it. MJ has a selfish streak to him and as of last week it was reported he was not likely to go to Rio as he a supposed obligation to his basketball team of which he is a part owner (a rather BS excuse).

Ever since he retired he has been rather low key and doesn't do a lot of PR stuff unless it is for his own personal commerical reasons.
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #5755
Wey
Recursive

Likes (Received): 1593

I haven't found the precise information for what period Obama will actually be there... could anyone please point me out?
10 V=ULTIMATE L
Wey no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #5756
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
That would be the first I've heard of it. MJ has a selfish streak to him and as of last week it was reported he was not likely to go to Rio as he a supposed obligation to his basketball team of which he is a part owner (a rather BS excuse).
Not sure how much help he'll be in Rio. He'd be better off going to Denmark I reckon.
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 09:09 PM   #5757
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

That is part of the plan, while the rest of go to Copenhagen MJ is secretly going to Rio in his submarine and sabotage the Rio committee headquarters and communications in order to create division and confusion in the Rio camp so that Obama can deal the deathblow.

Or MJ and his hot Cuban girlfriend will be getting drunk on caipirinhas on Ipanema beach for four days and make obscure bets with impoverished cabana boys playing horseshoes.
Old September 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #5758
Gerardogt

Likes (Received): 269

NOT ANOTHER BORING GAMES IN CHICAGO, LIKE ATLANTA 1996, THE PRESENTAITON VIDEO OF CHICAGO IS BORING, THE WORSE RENDERINGS AND ANIMATIONS BETWEEN THE 4 CANDIDATES... MADRID AND RIO ARE THE BEST PRESENTED CITIES, CHECK THE VIDEOS AT YOUTUBE.
Gerardogt no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #5759
Brazuca Surfer
Rio: Great place to surf

Likes (Received): 5048

Rio!

Old September 28th, 2009, 09:49 PM   #5760
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdaddy233 View Post
Well thats fantastic news then. Plus, everyone wants to be like Mike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46q22fccbn4
Just googled a little on it. Seems like he's not going - Danish news probably just aren't up to date with the US delegation. All they talk about is Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wey View Post
I haven't found the precise information for what period Obama will actually be there... could anyone please point me out?
Think that he'll just be there to be there...maybe say a few words.

my flickr
ØlandDK no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016