daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 29th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #5841
MGM

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post

Are you implying that Chicagoans (or the others) don't have emotion, beautiful landscapes, aren't deserving, and don't have a unique culture? Chicago (and Tokyo and Madrid) have plenty of those virtues you listed in spades.

It would be real nice if people were intent on slandering the opposition here. If that method is going to be tried in Copenhagen it is bound to backfire.
NO... I do not doubt Chicago has beautiful landscapes, the US has a rich and great culture. As long as Brazil has economic power, political influence and trademarketing interests too...

BUT... What i wrote is what we will read in the newspapers if Rio or Chicago wins. ;]
MGM no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #5842
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5791

Anti-Chicago 2016 Website Creator Reveals Himself But Doesn't Come Clean
Monday, September 28, 2009 9:58pm EDT GB Editor
Font size:

Kevin Lynch, a Chicago ad executive, came forward today claiming to be the creator of ChicagoansForRio.com. The one-page website satirizes the Olympic bid race between Chicago and Rio and urges the International Olympic Committee to send the Olympics to Rio instead.

The Website is full of inaccuracies and exaggerations, and the spokesperson for the site – presumably Lynch himself – told GamesBids.com that his organization “bombarded” the International Olympic Committee with emails from visitors on the site urging them not to elect Chicago to host the Games. He added that the IOC responded, telling him that “we get the point”.

IOC Director of Communications denied these claims.

“As far as I know there is absolutely no truth to this story” he said.

This was apparently a “creative effort” and there seems to be no indication that the on-site video and citizen quotes are genuine.

It appears that this reckless and unethical effort to discredit the Chicago 2016 bid resides in Chicago – and that may be true, but GamesBids.com revealed possible links to computers in Rio de Janeiro as well.

I don’t think we’re getting the entire story here. Kevin Lynch kept himself anonymous and revealed himself only when forced to do so.

"We launched anonymously to draw more attention to the site. While frustrating for some people, it was inarguably a successful strategy" Lynch said in his blog. A successful strategy for what? Was he looking for a way to rise in the Twitter-sphere? Opposition group No Games Chicago made themselves very visible and got an audience with the IOC evaluation commission to effectively further their goals.

With his credibility clearly in question it’s difficult to determine his true motives and what he may be hiding.

Is the site a joke? Is it a hoax? A parody? Or, is it a genuine attempt to create valid opposition for Chicago’s bid for the 2016 Games? Since the latter would be an insult to real activists “No Games Chicago” – the site really is a fraud.

A skilled advertising executive who uses loosely assembled “facts” to make a point and fabricates a side story to escalate the appearance of it being effective – all for what appears to be a publicity stunt - has good reason to remain anonymous.
TEBC no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #5843
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobucci View Post
Go to a text interpretation course, man.

Hurry up.
TEBC no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 04:38 PM   #5844
JR Nazareth

Likes (Received): 0

Meeting of the Rio 2016 with international Printed in Denmark

Pele in soccer tournament in Denmark, team work in Rio 2016

____________________________________________________________________________________
Pele poses for photographs next to children who filled the stadium Bronshoj BK, second division Danish, to see the king of football. Pele is the campaign's ambassador-Rio in 2016 and is attending events in Copenhagen to promote the Brazilian candidacy

** YOU FIND THIS LINK IMAGES OF YOUR FAVORITE CANDIDATE ..

IMAGES: http://esporte.uol.com.br/album/0909...jhtm#fotoNav=4

Last edited by JR Nazareth; September 29th, 2009 at 04:48 PM.
JR Nazareth no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #5845
zdaddy233

nice little vid by the BBC on Chicago

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ca/8279755.stm
zdaddy233 no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #5846
boyerling3

Likes (Received): 4

If it comes down to passion than Chicago has plenty of passion for sports, believe me it's crazy (in a good way). I'm sure Rio, Tokyo, and Madrid do too. For me, it partly is personal bias and the fact that I might actually be able to a Chicago games, but largely I'm looking at what I'll want to see 7 years down the road. We'll see plenty of Rio from the World Cup in 2014, but what's the next huge international event scheduled for the US? Chicago may not have given a federal insurance, but if capitalism's power can help any of the bidding cities then I'm sure it is Chicago.
boyerling3 no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM   #5847
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdaddy233 View Post
nice little vid by the BBC on Chicago

It didn't work for me. Lets try again

Old September 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #5848
JR Nazareth

Rio will spend more than $ 1,5 billion in combating crime with a view to 2016.
Candidates to host the Games have their numbers campaign. Chicago estimated increase in tourism and Tokyo or the Olympics 'green'

Social legacy, employment generation, environmental concern or maintenance of sports facilities. Whatever the focus of the campaign, Rio de Janeiro, Chicago, Tokyo and Madrid are big numbers for the bid to host the Olympics in 2016. Over $ 1,5 billion to reduce crime in Brazil and 30 thousand visitors in the U.S. city during the Games are just some examples of benefits that the event will provide. View other digits already estimated by the finalists competing for the preference of members of the International Olympic Committee in the election on Friday in Copenhagen:

Madrid

Leader in the number of sports facilities already in operation, Madrid is the candidate who provides more specific data on the use of complex, even citing the power consumption down during the Games. In addition, the city also confirms the presence of more than 70 thousand security officers working at the Olympics.

$415 million will be the investment for construction or improvement of sports facilities

12 seats still to be built

20 km and the maximum distance between the Olympic Village and a stadium in Madrid

46135 fourths of hotel will be available

72,500 is the number of effective systems for security for the Games

95,600 is the power consumption down during the Games (in kW)

170 thousand jobs will be created by the Games

40 thousand trees will be planted

Chicago

Open to tourism as a solution to combat the economic crisis, Chicago has announced the prospect of visitors to the city if you get the Games. The American campaign is a project based on job creation and the concentration of facilities, which meet 91% of the athletes staying 15 minutes of their competition venues.

$150 million will be the investment for construction or improvement of sports facilities

101 thousand hotel rooms will be available in the metropolitan

14 minutes is the estimated time to arrive by car from the Olympic Stadium to the Village

5 thousand seats will be the Olympic Village dining

30 thousand visitors are expected in Chicago during the Games

1.3 million flights will be the ability of the international airport, after going through a modernization program

500 thousand trees will be planted

TOKYO

With the promise of 0% of carbon emissions during the Games beyond the planting of 480thousand trees, Tokyo is promoting himself as the greener candidate among the finalists. The city, which will use the premises of the 1964 Olympics, is the least need to invest in construction of areas of competition, since 24 of the 34 are already provided.

$ 1.78 billion will be the investment for construction or improvement of sports facilities

24 of 34 sports facilities planning are already built

17 thousand people is the ability of the Olympic Village

70 percent of athletes will be ten minutes of their competition points

80 thousand hotel rooms will be available in a radius of 10 km from the new Olympic stadium

0 is the number of carbon emissions projected for the Games

480 thousand trees will be planted

Rio de Janeiro

The social focus is the differential of Rio de Janeiro in his campaign, an argument that was even praised in the report delivered by the IOC a month ago. Therefore, combating violence is one of the highlights of the budget, which will also invest in the hotel system and care for the environment, with high estimate of tree planting. The figures show, however, that the distance between the Olympic village and sports facilities is the largest among the finalists.

$ 463 million investment for construction or improvement of sports facilities

1.35 billion dollars will be invested by the Federal Government to reduce crime by 2012

49570 quarters of hotels available in town

75 hectares is the extent of the Olympic Village

17,700 beds will be in the Olympic Village

50 minutes is the maximum displacement of the athletes from the Olympic Village to sports facilities

24 million trees will be planted by 2016

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esport...VISANDO+A.html

Last edited by JR Nazareth; September 29th, 2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old September 29th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #5849
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

I'm skeptical, that's A LOT of money to spend for one city to clean up crime. Look how much Rio is spending to build facilities too? I don't think that budget is realistic at all.
Onn no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #5850
JR Nazareth

** I do not want to cause any candidate, I want to see these videos and to serve as a warning to all cities in the world .....

Develop an urgent work to reduce crime and violence among young people ....

** This video, to be running the world, could be in any city in the world ...

But as regards the Chicago ... serves as a warning to all ...

Let's take care of our children .. is in Brazil, USA and Europe ....

VIDEO: http://www.correiodamanha.pt/noticia...9-E9A915A9E165

(Such violence happens in every city, is in Rio, Madrid, Londres ...... I really want is to leave a warning .... )
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #5851
zdaddy233

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Nazareth View Post
** I do not want to cause any candidate, I want to see these videos and to serve as a warning to all cities in the world .....

Develop an urgent work to reduce crime and violence among young people ....

** This video, to be running the world, could be in any city in the world ...

But as regards the Chicago ... serves as a warning to all ...

Let's take care of our children .. is in Brazil, USA and Europe ....

VIDEO: http://www.correiodamanha.pt/noticia...9-E9A915A9E165

(Such violence happens in every city, is in Rio, Madrid, Londres ...... I really want is to leave a warning .... )
leave this stuff out of this conversation.
zdaddy233 no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:11 PM   #5852
JR Nazareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
I'm skeptical, that's A LOT of money to spend for one city to clean up crime. Look how much Rio is spending to build facilities too? I don't think that budget is realistic at all.
The budget of the RIO 2016, that money already exists ... and these measures are already being made .... we will not expect to do in 2016 ...
These projects already have 02 years of development and combating crime in the city
Lots of projects .... AMONG THEM THE USE SPORTS TO MOVE AWAY FROM VIOLENCE OUR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #5853
Onn
BANNED

Quote:
The budget of the RIO 2016, that money already exists ... and these measures are already being made .... we will not expect to do in 2016 ...
These projects already have 02 years of development and combating crime in the city
Lots of projects .... AMONG THEM THE USE SPORTS TO MOVE AWAY FROM VIOLENCE OUR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
I still don't believe it, that's a lot of money to spend on ONE city, that isn't even the largest in Brazil. And considering Brazil is a developing country. I'll believe it when I see it. That's a large budget for Rio.
Onn no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #5854
JR Nazareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdaddy233 View Post
leave this stuff out of this conversation.
THE MESSAGE IS:

AS ALL CITIES, INCLUDING MY IS CONCERNED IN STADIUM....

Forget our RESIDENTS especially the least favored .....

THIS IS IMPORTANT TO BE DISCUSSED ..... YES
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #5855
JR Nazareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
I still don't believe it, that's a lot of money to spend on ONE city, that isn't even the largest in Brazil. And considering Brazil is a developing country. I'll believe it when I see it. That's a large budget for Rio.
These values are added INVESTMENTS OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, STATE AND MUNICIPAL ...

This budget is not THE CITY ...

THE RIO IS THE SECOND LARGEST CITY OF THE COUNTRY AND INVESTMENT ..... she is getting ... OTHER CITIES ALSO HAVE RECEIVED ..... is GENERAL INVESTMENT IN BRAZIL .... IN ALL PARTS OF THIS COUNTRY CHANGING ....

ECONOMY :... BRAZIL IS the only country in the G20 that was not affected by the GLOBAL CRISIS THAT BEGAN IN 2007..
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #5856
Onn
BANNED

Quote:
These values are added INVESTMENTS OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, STATE AND MUNICIPAL ...

This budget is not THE CITY ...

THE RIO IS THE SECOND LARGEST CITY OF THE COUNTRY AND INVESTMENT ..... she is getting ... OTHER CITIES ALSO HAVE RECEIVED ..... is GENERAL INVESTMENT IN BRAZIL .... IN ALL PARTS OF THIS COUNTRY CHANGING ....

ECONOMY :... BRAZIL IS the only country in the G20 that was not affected by the GLOBAL CRISIS THAT BEGAN IN 2007..
But to clean up crime?! That has nothing to do with investment!
Onn no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #5857
JRQ
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Likes (Received): 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobucci View Post
Go to a text interpretation course, man.

Hurry up.
Learn how to spell. Correctly. Use proper Grammar.

Hurry Up.

-Fairfax County-1,137,000
--Virginia Beach-448,000
---Norfolk-246,000
----Chesapeake-230,000
-----Richmond-214,000
------Arlington-208,000
-------Newport News-182,000
--------Alexandria-149,000
---------Hampton-136,000
----------Roanoke-98,000
-----------Portsmouth-96,000
JRQ no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #5858
DFDalton
Banished from SSP

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Rio will spend more than $ 1,5 billion in combating crime with a view to 2016.
Candidates to host the Games have their numbers campaign. Chicago estimated increase in tourism and Tokyo or the Olympics 'green'

Social legacy, employment generation, environmental concern or maintenance of sports facilities. Whatever the focus of the campaign, Rio de Janeiro, Chicago, Tokyo and Madrid are big numbers for the bid to host the Olympics in 2016. Over $ 1,5 billion to reduce crime in Brazil and 30 thousand visitors in the U.S. city during the Games are just some examples of benefits that the event will provide. View other digits already estimated by the finalists competing for the preference of members of the International Olympic Committee in the election on Friday in Copenhagen:

Chicago

Open to tourism as a solution to combat the economic crisis, Chicago has announced the prospect of visitors to the city if you get the Games. The American campaign is a project based on job creation and the concentration of facilities, which meet 91% of the athletes staying 15 minutes of their competition venues.

$150 million will be the investment for construction or improvement of sports facilities

101 thousand hotel rooms will be available in the metropolitan

14 minutes is the estimated time to arrive by car from the Olympic Stadium to the Village

5 thousand seats will be the Olympic Village dining

30 thousand visitors are expected in Chicago during the Games

1.3 million flights will be the ability of the international airport, after going through a modernization program

500 thousand trees will be planted

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esport...VISANDO+A.html
Can't speak for the other cities, but the information for Chicago is suspect. For one thing, 30,000 visitors are expected for the games? Chicago gets that many visitors or more on a typical weekend when nothing special is going on. They must mean 30,000 athletes. Secondly, the temporary stadium in Washington Park alone is scheduled to cost more than twice the $150 million the report claims as the total investment for "sports facilities". The data is sloppy and I wouldn't trust it for any of the cities.
DFDalton no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2009, 09:50 PM   #5859
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFDalton View Post
Can't speak for the other cities, but the information for Chicago is suspect. For one thing, 30,000 visitors are expected for the games? Chicago gets that many visitors or more on a typical weekend when nothing special is going on. They must mean 30,000 athletes. Secondly, the temporary stadium in Washington Park alone is scheduled to cost more than twice the $150 million the report claims as the total investment for "sports facilities". The data is sloppy and I wouldn't trust it for any of the cities.
I think there is on average something around 10k athletes. So when you include all the trainers, coaches, family, etc. 30k does sound like that is what they could mean. In terms of out of visitors not from outside the metro I bet the number will be in 100k's.
Old September 29th, 2009, 09:53 PM   #5860
Cobucci

Likes (Received): 927

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRQ View Post
Learn how to spell. Correctly. Use proper Grammar.

Hurry Up.
Show me any mistake.

Stop this discussion or we're going to start a trolling battle.

This thread has become into Chicago supporters vs. Rio ones some pages ago.
Cobucci no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016