daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old August 7th, 2004, 10:25 PM   #41
randy007
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles&Madrid
Posts: 248
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun57
obviously Paris if the only city able to host the games

1. Paris
2. London (brits are willing to corrupt voters)

the others cities can't win.
NY after Atlanta 96 : it would be a shame (fed up with america)
Madrid after Barcelona 92 : impossible (too expensive for such a poor country)
Moscow : an other undevelopped country to host the games after Beijing, it's a joke !

Don't be stupid.... Paris capital of the world forever
hahahaha hey man! You are mad. Spain is a poor country??? please..... you're ignorant.
randy007 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2004, 01:19 AM   #42
oscyrkorso
Informality required
 
oscyrkorso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Spain
Posts: 423
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun57
obviously Paris if the only city able to host the games

1. Paris
2. London (brits are willing to corrupt voters)

the others cities can't win.
NY after Atlanta 96 : it would be a shame (fed up with america)
Madrid after Barcelona 92 : impossible (too expensive for such a poor country)
Moscow : an other undevelopped country to host the games after Beijing, it's a joke !

Don't be stupid.... Paris capital of the world forever
Spain,the 9th richest country in the world;
plz shut up your mouth ....
Again a repugnant "frenchie"...go home with your stupid paris candidature:bleh:...MADRID 2012!!! SPAIN ROCKS!!!
__________________
OsCYrK,AparejaD'OR
oscyrkorso no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 02:56 AM   #43
benmabillon
Registered User
 
benmabillon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 2

Rich or poor, spaniards on this forum have no sense of humour and tend to be rude very quickly. On dit aussi susceptibles, ombrageux...
benmabillon no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 03:05 AM   #44
benmabillon
Registered User
 
benmabillon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 2

Rich or poor, some spaniards on this forum have no sense of humour and tend to get rude very quickly. On dit aussi susceptibles, ombrageux...
Anyway, let's be wise. One shouldn't wish for what the Gods will prevent. And one would be clever to wish for what will certainly happen. This one will go to Paris, for sure. So whoever wishes to guess right should vote for Paris. Whoever is a perfidious loser should vote for London. Madrid and Moscow are great cities which deserve it, but another time.
benmabillon no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 04:35 AM   #45
el pato
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 27
Likes (Received): 1

London or Moscow for sure.
el pato no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 04:59 AM   #46
SDK4
Florida
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 1,292
Likes (Received): 500

The Olympics have to go to New York City in 2012. After the city has been through so much after 9/11, it is still the main economic center of the world.
Plus the city and the USA will be able to contribute so much more money towards building event venues and improving transportation issues then any other city can anywhere. The bottom line is that if the games are held in New York City, it's an almost sure thing they will be the best yet.
SDK4 no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 12:19 PM   #47
nohok
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Likes (Received):

It should be New York City. Europe has summer olympics this year, USA had'em 8 years ago. Moreover it has to be NYC in order to get the games to Berlin in 2016.

But if the games went to Europe in 2012, I´m prefering

1) London
2) Moscow
3) Paris
4) Madrid
 
Old August 8th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #48
taurus
Langbärten user
 
taurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lecco [ ] Lecco [x]
Posts: 471
Likes (Received): 1

New York!!!

because...
taurus no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 01:01 PM   #49
coth
pride leader
 
coth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Moscow
Posts: 21,632
Likes (Received): 6824

don't you found it is too much...? two olympic games in one metro in 10 years...
__________________
coth no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 01:13 PM   #50
nick_taylor
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Portsmouth (term time); Bishop's Stortford (out of term time)
Posts: 1,818
Likes (Received): 9

Actually Coth - London has saved the Olympics on two occasions - both were due to events elsewhere in the world which meant that the Olympics had to be switched to London (the only city at the time capable of holding the events at short notice)......London has never won and then held an Olympic Games.....it is thus not in the same class as Moscow or Paris (which have both had games). Madrid had Barcelona and the US had Atlanta and several previous Olympic Games before that!

I think London deserves a chance - it has the stadia practically already! The 90,000 Wembley is well u/c, as is Arsenal's Ashburton Grove (60,000) and Twickenham is being expanded to 82,500!!! That before we even think of an Olympic Stadium which would have a capacity of around 80,000 around Stratford. I could even see Stramford Bridge under Roman Ambromovich being expanded soon to 60,000 .........That 5 (3 definately) probably 60,000+ stadia and 3 (2 definate) 80,000+ stadia for London....way to many stadia - but oh well




And Gun57 - it was the British in a BBC programme called Panorama that found out that there were multiple corrupt IOC chiefs....it wasn't the British who were corrupt ya pillick

I suggest you read this about the corruption unveiled on TV just this Wendnesday!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ma/3937425.stm

Last edited by nick-taylor; August 8th, 2004 at 01:26 PM.
nick_taylor no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 01:58 PM   #51
coth
pride leader
 
coth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Moscow
Posts: 21,632
Likes (Received): 6824

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-taylor
Actually Coth - London has saved the Olympics on two occasions - both were due to events elsewhere in the world which meant that the Olympics had to be switched to London (the only city at the time capable of holding the events at short notice)......London has never won and then held an Olympic Games.....it is thus not in the same class as Moscow or Paris (which have both had games). Madrid had Barcelona and the US had Atlanta and several previous Olympic Games before that!

I think London deserves a chance - it has the stadia practically already! The 90,000 Wembley is well u/c, as is Arsenal's Ashburton Grove (60,000) and Twickenham is being expanded to 82,500!!! That before we even think of an Olympic Stadium which would have a capacity of around 80,000 around Stratford. I could even see Stramford Bridge under Roman Ambromovich being expanded soon to 60,000 .........That 5 (3 definately) probably 60,000+ stadia and 3 (2 definate) 80,000+ stadia for London....way to many stadia - but oh well
Infrastructure in Moscow is allmost built. Need only construction of CSKA stadium, which will be in anyway, and reconstruction of Dinamo stadium.

Also I would not call that, what was in Moscow as olympic games. Olympic games doing without policy. It was not on the same class as Paris or London. Will be good, if London win and by occasion will get their right to Moscow
__________________
coth no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 02:04 PM   #52
goschio
proud Kuffar
 
goschio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ujerumani
Posts: 6,048
Likes (Received): 4202

Moscow or New York
__________________
Isaiah 28:2
Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 02:26 PM   #53
nick_taylor
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Portsmouth (term time); Bishop's Stortford (out of term time)
Posts: 1,818
Likes (Received): 9

How was any past Olympic Games for London the same as any modern Olympics - London was the city that had to host them at the last second. London could have said "no - you can take your Olympics and shoved them".....but it didn't! Otherwise the Olympics could have died because it was the only city capable of holding such a large event at a moments notice!!!!

If we took a country basis - Britain is the only country to not have held an Olympics via winning it through the bidding process, all the other countries have bidded, won and held an Olympics!!!!
nick_taylor no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #54
coth
pride leader
 
coth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Moscow
Posts: 21,632
Likes (Received): 6824

doesn't matter through or not through. you have it twice.
__________________
coth no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #55
nick_taylor
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Portsmouth (term time); Bishop's Stortford (out of term time)
Posts: 1,818
Likes (Received): 9

But London never won the bidding system, then held it........London was the fallback city for when the original cities ran into trouble!!!! But you then claim Moscow is different because somehow it wasn't a full games - give me a break!!!!
nick_taylor no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 02:41 PM   #56
cladiv
----
 
cladiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 上海
Posts: 363
Likes (Received): 0

I would go for either NY or Moscow
cladiv no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 05:19 PM   #57
gun57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Metz, France
Posts: 438
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscyrkorso
Spain,the 9th richest country in the world;
plz shut up your mouth ....
Again a repugnant "frenchie"...go home with your stupid paris candidature:bleh:...MADRID 2012!!! SPAIN ROCKS!!!
I was just joking, of course Spain isn't a poor country (to me it' rather one of the most dynamic one in Europe) and i've already been in Barcelona which is really a great city.
be confident I love Spain !

europe = one nation
gun57 no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #58
coth
pride leader
 
coth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Moscow
Posts: 21,632
Likes (Received): 6824

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-taylor
But London never won the bidding system, then held it........London was the fallback city for when the original cities ran into trouble!!!! But you then claim Moscow is different because somehow it wasn't a full games - give me a break!!!!
So what you want? win in bidding? or host an olympic games?
__________________
coth no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 06:23 PM   #59
nick_taylor
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Portsmouth (term time); Bishop's Stortford (out of term time)
Posts: 1,818
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth
So what you want? win in bidding? or host an olympic games?
What on earth are you going on about - of course I want the city that wins the bidding process to receive the games!!!! But London hasn't won the bidding process and THEN held an Olympics - London has had to rescue the Olympics on two occasions because the primary city had problems!!!!
nick_taylor no está en línea  
Old August 8th, 2004, 06:50 PM   #60
coth
pride leader
 
coth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Moscow
Posts: 21,632
Likes (Received): 6824

ok. no problems. if you win, give this olympic games us.
__________________
coth no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu