daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM   #6441
Wey
Recursive

Likes (Received): 1593

The second video is amazing, loved it!
10 V=ULTIMATE L
Wey no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:14 PM   #6442
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

You can see live the sessio, the presentation of the bids and the announcemente here:

http://www.olympic.org/en/content/Ol...he-2016-Games/
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:17 PM   #6443
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5767

very creative!! loved
TEBC no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM   #6444
TEBC

Madrid, after Rio is present a very good presentention!! For me it was:

Chicago 6.5/10
Tokyo 6/10
Rio de Janeiro 9/10
Madrid 8,5/10
TEBC no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:23 PM   #6445
samba_man
Dobrando a Meta

Likes (Received): 19797

what´s your opinion guys, for the best video so far ?
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM   #6446
zdaddy233

Likes (Received): 2

I feel like Rio's presentation is almost avoiding the physical part of the olympic bid, and instead going ahead 100% on emotions. We'll see how that pans out.
zdaddy233 no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM   #6447
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Brazil - 7.5
Chicago - 7.0
Madrid - 6.0
Tokyo - 5.0
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:29 PM   #6448
TEBC

I think passion is in latins people blood!! Rio and Madrid were the best when talking about passion!!!
TEBC no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:29 PM   #6449
JR Nazareth

Likes (Received): 0

*Isabel Swan speaks claw of Brazilian athletes

*Isabel Swan fala da garra dos atletas brasileiros

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player...LEIROS,00.html
JR Nazareth no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:30 PM   #6450
TEBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdaddy233 View Post
I feel like Rio's presentation is almost avoiding the physical part of the olympic bid, and instead going ahead 100% on emotions. We'll see how that pans out.
What about security, economic and acommodations´explications given/
TEBC no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:30 PM   #6451
TEBC

I want to see the japanese girl shouting again!!
TEBC no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM   #6452
JR Nazareth

* Nuzman closing presentations for Rio

* Carlos Arthur Nuzman encerra a apresentação da candidatura carioca

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player...ARIOCA,00.html
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:32 PM   #6453
JR Nazareth

Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:33 PM   #6454
zdaddy233

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
What about security, economic and acommodations´explications given/
not nearly as well done/convincing as the other, especially Tokyo. They nailed that part
zdaddy233 no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:33 PM   #6455
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Been a long time coming. Off to a hopeful celibration in five minutes. Congrats to the eventual winner and good luck with your games. Whoever gets the right is sure to throw a good one.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:51 PM   #6456
Erektion

Likes (Received): 55

I can't see a clear winner!
Erektion no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:55 PM   #6457
Gerardogt

Likes (Received): 269

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
Gerardogt no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:56 PM   #6458
JR Nazareth

* This video tells all about our project .... Rio 2016 ....

That beat the best!
Old October 2nd, 2009, 05:30 PM   #6459
TEBC

Rio puts its serious face on for 2016 Olympic bid
Friday, 02 October 2009

By David Owen in Copenhagen

October 2 - Carnival on celluloid it was not. Anyone expecting the Rio de Janeiro presentation to be a riot of tropical colour performed to a throbbing soundtrack will have been disappointed.

Instead, what we had was a sober, serious affair designed to persuade assembled International Olympic Committee (IOC) dignitaries that the Brazilian city would make a thoroughly trustworthy partner - and that it was time for the Games to come to South America.

The closest to a note of levity, as I recall, came in the opening observations of Joao Havelange, the ex-boss of FIFA who is now the longest-serving IOC member with 46 years to his name.

Havelange invited his colleagues to join him in Rio in 2016…for his 100th birthday.

Another surprise to some: not a word from Pelé.

The great Brazilian footballer was there alright, but did no more than wave.

Instead his story was sketched in, with a few deft brushstrokes, by Isabel Swan, a young and photogenic Beijing sailing medallist.

President Lula, following in the wake of the current resident of the White House, was passion and pugnacity personified.

"I honestly believe it is Brazil’s time," he said.

"Among the top ten economies of the world, Brazil is the only country that has not hosted the Olympic and Paralympic Games.

"Among the countries that today compete to host the Games, we are the only one that has never had this honour.

"For the others, it will be just one more Games."

The other three cities may well beg to differ on that last point, but there was no doubting the emotion with which he asserted, during what was a lengthy and polished intervention, that it was "time to light the Olympic cauldron in a tropical country".

For me though, even Lula was upstaged rather by Speaker Number Five: one Henrique Meirelles.

As possibly not many of you will know, Mr Meirelles, the embodiment of sobriety – and hence the antithesis of what most of us expect from Rio – is Governor of the Brazilian Central Bank.

His role, as well as ramming home the message that Brazil would be a copper-bottomed partner, was to tell IOC members – many still living in economies mired in recession – that Brazil was booming.

"We have seen growth of almost 8 per cent in the second quarter," the good Governor told us with an air of unimpeachable authority.

"We have recorded our lowest ever unemployment rate for the month of July.”

You get the idea.

Besides this, and a slinky, understated bossa nova soundtrack, the presentation was notable (to we Olympic junkies) for skilful insertion of little touches designed to pick up the odd vote here and there: a volley of Spanish from Rio Mayor, Eduardo Paes; a group of Middle Eastern gentlemen in headcloths riding a cable car.

That sort of thing.

In this way, the fingerprints of the ground-breaking London 2012 presentation four years ago were in evidence.

Did I also detect a sideways swipe at Chicago – perceived by many as its main rival – in the heavy emphasis on the city’s incomparable beaches, both in the first film and a lingering final image of the five-ring logo emblazoned on a stretch of sand? (The Windy City has stated that its athletes' Village would have a private beach.)

"You think you’ve got beaches?", the image seemed to be saying.

"We’ve got beaches."

Will it be enough to push the home of Copacabana and the Sugar Loaf over the line ahead of its rivals?

Not long to wait now.
TEBC no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2009, 05:33 PM   #6460
TEBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdaddy233 View Post
not nearly as well done/convincing as the other, especially Tokyo. They nailed that part
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
Rio puts its serious face on for 2016 Olympic bid
Friday, 02 October 2009

By David Owen in Copenhagen

October 2 - Carnival on celluloid it was not. Anyone expecting the Rio de Janeiro presentation to be a riot of tropical colour performed to a throbbing soundtrack will have been disappointed.

Instead, what we had was a sober, serious affair designed to persuade assembled International Olympic Committee (IOC) dignitaries that the Brazilian city would make a thoroughly trustworthy partner - and that it was time for the Games to come to South America.

The closest to a note of levity, as I recall, came in the opening observations of Joao Havelange, the ex-boss of FIFA who is now the longest-serving IOC member with 46 years to his name.

Havelange invited his colleagues to join him in Rio in 2016…for his 100th birthday.

Another surprise to some: not a word from Pelé.

The great Brazilian footballer was there alright, but did no more than wave.

Instead his story was sketched in, with a few deft brushstrokes, by Isabel Swan, a young and photogenic Beijing sailing medallist.

President Lula, following in the wake of the current resident of the White House, was passion and pugnacity personified.

"I honestly believe it is Brazil’s time," he said.

"Among the top ten economies of the world, Brazil is the only country that has not hosted the Olympic and Paralympic Games.

"Among the countries that today compete to host the Games, we are the only one that has never had this honour.

"For the others, it will be just one more Games."

The other three cities may well beg to differ on that last point, but there was no doubting the emotion with which he asserted, during what was a lengthy and polished intervention, that it was "time to light the Olympic cauldron in a tropical country".

For me though, even Lula was upstaged rather by Speaker Number Five: one Henrique Meirelles.

As possibly not many of you will know, Mr Meirelles, the embodiment of sobriety – and hence the antithesis of what most of us expect from Rio – is Governor of the Brazilian Central Bank.

His role, as well as ramming home the message that Brazil would be a copper-bottomed partner, was to tell IOC members – many still living in economies mired in recession – that Brazil was booming.

"We have seen growth of almost 8 per cent in the second quarter," the good Governor told us with an air of unimpeachable authority.

"We have recorded our lowest ever unemployment rate for the month of July.”

You get the idea.

Besides this, and a slinky, understated bossa nova soundtrack, the presentation was notable (to we Olympic junkies) for skilful insertion of little touches designed to pick up the odd vote here and there: a volley of Spanish from Rio Mayor, Eduardo Paes; a group of Middle Eastern gentlemen in headcloths riding a cable car.

That sort of thing.

In this way, the fingerprints of the ground-breaking London 2012 presentation four years ago were in evidence.

Did I also detect a sideways swipe at Chicago – perceived by many as its main rival – in the heavy emphasis on the city’s incomparable beaches, both in the first film and a lingering final image of the five-ring logo emblazoned on a stretch of sand? (The Windy City has stated that its athletes' Village would have a private beach.)

"You think you’ve got beaches?", the image seemed to be saying.

"We’ve got beaches."

Will it be enough to push the home of Copacabana and the Sugar Loaf over the line ahead of its rivals?

Not long to wait now.

Did we watch the same presentation??
TEBC no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016