daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 12th, 2005, 03:45 PM   #881
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6819

Those attacks was less than half of percent of planed attacks. Thousands of attacks prevents by FSB and GRU annually. And just few (3-4) missing.

Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:08 PM   #882
Capzilla
robkaper.nl

^ The prospect of three terrorist attempts a day, prevented or not, doesn't really make me go "woo Moscow".
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #883
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5617

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth
Those attacks was less than half of percent of planed attacks. Thousands of attacks prevents by FSB and GRU annually. And just few (3-4) missing.

It's already way too much IMO.
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #884
coth
pride leader

well, year to year terrorists loosing money and people. al qaeda now, is not that organization that was three or four years ago. number of planned attacks drops year to year.
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #885
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Likes (Received): 1384

I would say Moscow isn't really safe until Chechnya is safe.
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:50 PM   #886
coth
pride leader

2012-2005 = 7

Chechnya is almost wasted from islamic radicals. But after 7 years world will be completely different.
Old May 12th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #887
Englishman
Urge Desire Rest

Likes (Received): 96

It's true a lot can change in 7 years. Think in the last 4 years Afganistan and Iraq were invaded.

I reckon we all hope terrorism goes away as soon as possible.
Englishman no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:51 PM   #888
nick_taylor
BANNED

Location: Portsmouth (term time); Bishop's Stortford (out of term time)
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth
2012-2005 = 7

Chechnya is almost wasted from islamic radicals. But after 7 years world will be completely different.
Then again, looking from the 7 previous years and its been just as bad. Only difference is that they have brought it to the heart of Russia, either attacking schools or theates where it hurts Russia the most. I wouldn't be suprised either if they create a new attack that will once again knock the wind out of Russia.
nick_taylor no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:55 PM   #889
Azcamadrid

Likes (Received): 1

As I can see by these comments the ones who support London havent got any type of respect to the other bids. Let me tell you something. Moscow, Madrid or NYC are the most experienced cities in safety terms, why?, because they have real experience, something that London havent got because it never hasnt lived any type of terror attack, and they only know about theory, they hasnt lived it. Perhaps Moscow hasnt got all the money of London has for safety, but you cant pay the experience with money. So london ones, come down from your high cloud and be interested about the projects of the other cities because youre joking about them compared with ur fabulous city and all of them are excellent bids, and ALL OF THEM have GOOD and bad things, including your city¬¬.

http://avantia.miniville.fr/
http://avantia.miniville.fr/ind
http://avantia.miniville.fr/tra
http://avantia.miniville.fr/sec
http://avantia.miniville.fr/env
Azcamadrid no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #890
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcamadrid
As I can see by these comments the ones who support London havent got any type of respect to the other bids. Let me tell you something. Moscow, Madrid or NYC are the most experienced cities in safety terms, why?, because they have real experience, something that London havent got because it never hasnt lived any type of terror attack, and they only know about theory, they hasnt lived it. Perhaps Moscow hasnt got all the money of London has for safety, but you cant pay the experience with money. So london ones, come down from your high cloud and be interested about the projects of the other cities because youre joking about them compared with ur fabulous city and all of them are excellent bids, and ALL OF THEM have GOOD and bad things, including your city¬¬.

how emotional (with tears in my eyes)
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #891
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1490

Quote:

Yeah your right....London should not be given the games because the place hasnt seen 'any type of terror attack'!

P.S

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:40 AM   #892
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Just to prove that even though there hasn't been an actual attack in London, it doesn't mean London hasn't been targetted. And it goes to prove the experience and worthiness of MI5 and MI6 that they have foiled these planned attacks.

Four London terrorist attacks 'foiled'

Four terrorist attacks on London have been foiled by police and security services, the mayor has said.

Ken Livingstone told a conference: "We have intercepted four attempts that were under plan to actually cause mayhem and take life in this city."

He gave no further details but hinted some of the cases could come to court.

He added that while an "enormous effort" by officers meant London was not a soft target, it was impossible to say no terrorist would get through.

Britain's security services are on the second-highest possible state of alert following intelligence of an al-Qaeda plot.

Last week the Metropolitan Police's deputy assistant commissioner, Andy Trotter, said "significant arrests linked to a number of operations" had been made.
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:46 AM   #893
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5617

Before you guys start to argue about terrorism risk on Paris. I'll remind you the French forces succesfully stopped a plan to send a plane in the Eiffel Tower.

Think of Air France Flight 8969.
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:48 AM   #894
high_flyer

Likes (Received): 16

It seems the Spanish news agencies didn't bother to cover the IRA attacks on London and Manchester over the last few decades then
high_flyer no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:55 AM   #895
Englishman
Urge Desire Rest

Quote:
I don't think we have been on high horses, and it's unfortunate you lack knowledge before laying down accusations about a situation. I wish you and others would respond to individual posts that you disagree with rather than making blanket statements like Londoners are on a high cloud.
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:57 AM   #896
Azcamadrid

Oh, now we are going to start a competition of terror attacks, thats great, thanks british, youll never change¬¬.

Old May 13th, 2005, 12:58 AM   #897
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1490

Even if London hadnt suffered any terroist attacks at all...the comments made by Azcamadrid are still....well pretty stupid to say the least!

Ive never seen anyone mark up a city because its been subject to terrorist attacks!

P.S
Not starting a competition....just showing you London has got years of experience!

after you made this comment!

"they have real experience, something that London havent got because it never hasnt lived any type of terror attack, and they only know about theory, they hasnt lived it."

Visit Grantham Linconshire

Last edited by eddyk; May 13th, 2005 at 01:04 AM.
eddyk no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2005, 01:14 AM   #898
Englishman
Urge Desire Rest

Quote:
Oh, now we are going to start a competition of terror attacks, thats great, thanks british, youll never change¬¬.
You are doing it again casting rash generalisations. You make an incorrect statement about the UK not having suffered from terrorism and when people show you that was not true you attack the British forumers again.

I would have respeted you if you had said oops I made a mistake on that, unfortunately not. It's a shame this thread has turned to this.
Old May 13th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #899
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Also I am interested in 'never changing' from what? What have we not changed from?
Old May 13th, 2005, 01:30 AM   #900
Azcamadrid

Its impossible to talk with these people. Well I only want to change this topic sense that YOU have changed in a stupid competition only telling bad thigs of the other bids. Talk about the project of each city and if you doesnt know how is the transport or the quality of each city dont talk bad about it, but please, London isnt the center of the world¬¬. I want Madrid to win because Im spanish, but i recognise bad and good things of it, Madrid bid isnt perfect, as London, Paris, Moscow and NYC.

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016