daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:24 AM   #1001
satit28
Rukpong

Likes (Received): 13

nice stadium..........
satit28 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:16 PM   #1002
exciter
excitersky

Likes (Received): 2

to englishkevin: i'm not taking your words as something personal to me, first because i'm not a teenager, and i'm sure is the same with javier. Anyway, even thinking that i'm not english, i understood perfectly what JDRS said, and maybe sometimes i can take some words by mistake, it's not my language. This teenager with 'limited vocabulary' and 'limited thought processes' at least can give his opinions in other language, try to make the same in spanish, maybe your vocabulary ismore limited than mine.
please, just a little respect, or some people will think that maybe teenagers can be more mature than some forumer here.
to the other forumers: sorry for this, i know is nothing to be with the thread, but sometimes we have to put things clear
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:24 PM   #1003
Paulo2004
Luso from Aveiro

Likes (Received): 57

Well people, I think you better remove Lisbon from the 2016 list, since Portugal's independent avaliating business group has officially informed Portugal's deficit runs at 6,83%. This huge figure, under european standards, enables Portugal to spend its resources on sporting events. Although there hasn't been any official statement from the portuguese government, this is what I unfortunately predict for Lisbon's Olympic 2016 bid.

For the best photos or information on Portugal, visit the PORTUGUESE FORUM.
Paulo2004 no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:31 AM   #1004
Javier BF
iHate iStuff

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishKevin
=================

You have nothing to apologise for JDR . It might be more interesting for you if you ignore the teenagers with a limited vocabulary and thought processes .
Can't you realize you're making yourself look exactly like what you're so childishly trying to atribute me?

«I think there is only one meaning for the word “peace”. That is, the word should be used to signify an environment where everyone in the world can live happily as human beings. [...] We must strive for the same objective—that we all want to have decent lives as human beings. Why can't we strive together? I always wonder why we can't achieve it... I often discuss it with the children who visit me on school trips.» Sumiteru Saniguchi
Javier BF no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 04:57 AM   #1005
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcamadrid
Its impossible to talk with these people. Well I only want to change this topic sense that YOU have changed in a stupid competition only telling bad thigs of the other bids. Talk about the project of each city and if you doesnt know how is the transport or the quality of each city dont talk bad about it, but please, London isnt the center of the world¬¬. I want Madrid to win because Im spanish, but i recognise bad and good things of it, Madrid bid isnt perfect, as London, Paris, Moscow and NYC.
==============

You are quite plainly ignorant . You would be wiser if you kept your mouth firmly closed .
EnglishKevin no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 05:07 AM   #1006
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by exciter
to englishkevin: i'm not taking your words as something personal to me, first because i'm not a teenager, and i'm sure is the same with javier. Anyway, even thinking that i'm not english, i understood perfectly what JDRS said, and maybe sometimes i can take some words by mistake, it's not my language. This teenager with 'limited vocabulary' and 'limited thought processes' at least can give his opinions in other language, try to make the same in spanish, maybe your vocabulary ismore limited than mine.
please, just a little respect, or some people will think that maybe teenagers can be more mature than some forumer here.
to the other forumers: sorry for this, i know is nothing to be with the thread, but sometimes we have to put things clear
==========

I can't really bother with you . You spouted off about Wimbledon and you didn't even know it was a Grand Slam tournament . If your English is not adequate don't attempt to use it for a discussion forum until you're able to and do not use it as an excuse . Lastly , don't expect me to speak Spanish . I'm English and I don't have to .
Old May 24th, 2005, 05:44 AM   #1007
SDK4
Florida

Likes (Received): 500

Mo Rush, is that Cape Town stadium going to have a transparent roof, or is that just so you can see the insides of the model?
SDK4 no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:06 AM   #1008
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK4
Mo Rush, is that Cape Town stadium going to have a transparent roof, or is that just so you can see the insides of the model?
Well that stadium was one proposed for the beijing 2008 olympics and i have thought it was awesome ever since i just added the cape town 2016 as u can probably tell, the stadium does represent south africa IMO as the open flower could represent our national flower the protea which would make for a fitting symbol.. the stadium roof is transparent, ill post some more pics if u like..

[The design creates an image of a floating water lilly, surrounded by petals and blossoms, emerging in a gently undulating pond.
The stand installations are built for fixed as well as temporary seating with optimal viewing positions. After its dismantling, a very unique leisure park will be developed.
On the "roof" of the stands, offering a grandiose, stairs and elevators access this panoramic sky-garden independent of the internal Stadium function. The 45° slanted, outer glass skin thermally encircles the Stadium and all its exterior functional and circulation areas and creates an equally dynamic and peaceful, outer form.
The lightly inclined roof skin, consisting of transparent air cushions resting on a light, pre-stressed cable roof structure, is unique in this dimension.
The central roof can be completely opened to a diameter of 130 meters. The unobstructed view of the spectator through the transparent roof skin, despite the indoor-arena-quality, is a world-class novelty.]
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #1009
Carretero
'Carregoogle' Member

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
==============

You are quite plainly ignorant . You would be wiser if you kept your mouth firmly closed .
Maybe YOU are the one who has to stop telling those things...

L&C Productions: I: Torre de Madrid - II: Torre Castilla - III: Torre de Valencia - LCP: Hospital Gómez Ulla
Otros reportajes: Urbanismo atroz en Gamonal (Burgos) - Soria: esa pequeña gran desconocida

"La gente debería venir a la obra de vacaciones en vez de al valle de Ordesa"
(Manolo Melis)
Carretero no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:55 AM   #1010
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5693

Quote:
I'm English and I don't have to .
What a silly and arrogant statement. You could show some respect to people doing something you are actually incompetent in. If you don't have (or rather can't) to speak Spanish or any other foreign language at least show respect to the people trying to speak your.
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #1011
exciter
excitersky

Likes (Received): 2

englishkevin: ok, you're english, but by fortune, the other english people i know are more clever and open minded. i stop here this discussion with you, thanks for your words, just say so much about you ;-)
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #1012
Peyre
Waiting for 122

Likes (Received): 0

Technically London is the centre of the world in terms of time (GMT spot, Greenwich) and finance (more transactions that Tokoyo and NY combined) :p

Why does everything on these boards have to turn into an argument?
Peyre no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:47 PM   #1013
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyre
Technically London is the centre of the world in terms of time (GMT spot, Greenwich) and finance (more transactions that Tokoyo and NY combined) :p

Why does everything on these boards have to turn into an argument?
=============

Because they are so nationalistic they can't see the truth . Because they think they are more important and better than they actualy are . It's called not knowing your place in the order of things .
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:50 PM   #1014
Flagg1982
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
=============

Because they are so nationalistic they can't see the truth ..

LMAO

That coming from an arrogant British forumer. That's rich.

Flagg1982 no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #1015
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1509

Thought its nothing to do with the olympics....

But I think you need to pay a visit to the Best of Britain thread \/ \/ \/

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 02:11 PM   #1016
DarJoLe

Likes (Received): 6532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyre
The London Games will be the first (and only) time a Games has been held on each side of the Meridian line at the same time.

The Meridian line passes through Stratford and to the east of the Olympic village, and the London Games will see events to the west of this in the Park and Central London, and to the east in the Royal Docks.

London has the technically superior and X-factored bid. With 61% of its Olympic facilities constructed or under construction, plus an ongoing support from Government and the Monarchy, a 79% approval rating that is increasing daily, and a population with a passion for sport and general all round support for all nattion's atheletes, a London Games would set the benchmark up there with Barcelona and Sydney.
DarJoLe no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 05:24 PM   #1017
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg1982
LMAO

That coming from an arrogant British forumer. That's rich.

============

How have I been arrogant exactly ?
Old May 24th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #1018
Carretero
'Carregoogle' Member

Likes (Received): 96

No, you aren't.

Review your answers

L&C Productions: I: Torre de Madrid - II: Torre Castilla - III: Torre de Valencia - LCP: Hospital Gómez Ulla
Otros reportajes: Urbanismo atroz en Gamonal (Burgos) - Soria: esa pequeña gran desconocida

"La gente debería venir a la obra de vacaciones en vez de al valle de Ordesa"
(Manolo Melis)
Carretero no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #1019
TeKnO_Lx

Likes (Received): 282

Quote:
==========

I can't really bother with you . You spouted off about Wimbledon and you didn't even know it was a Grand Slam tournament . If your English is not adequate don't attempt to use it for a discussion forum until you're able to and do not use it as an excuse . Lastly , don't expect me to speak Spanish . I'm English and I don't have to .

what an arrogant guy

btw regarding to some posts before we all know that Roland Garros beats Wimbledon , anyway i like the new arena
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:49 PM   #1020
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKnO_Lx
what an arrogant guy

btw regarding to some posts before we all know that Roland Garros beats Wimbledon , anyway i like the new arena
==========

This is exactly why people like you are not worth bothering with - stupid statements that are quite blatantly wrong . Either you say such stupid things in order to be provocative or because you are stupid . The whole world knows which is the greatest tennis tournament . We all know which one is a movie title .

As regards my comments about English ; not arrogance - truth ! I don't *NEED* to speak another language or *HAVE TO * because my language is the worlds ' and you don't like it .

I have a Dutch partner . I like the Dutch . Prefer them over the french and spanish anyday .

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016