daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2005, 12:01 PM   #1041
exciter
excitersky

Likes (Received): 2

those must be your personal votes, because there have been no voting, and if it was, i don't think you could know it.
To be a 'future bid chairman', you should be more impartial, and more carefull with the things you say. i hope, the IOC members are acting other way, if not, where is the olympic spirit?

Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #1042
DarJoLe

Likes (Received): 6364

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishKevin
======================

Just read the exact same post on another forum .
I get around....
DarJoLe no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:01 PM   #1043
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. EKG
Observo mucha prepotencia inglesa,... I´m sorry I don´t remember that you don´t know to speak spanish very well, you don´t worry you must read a dictionary spanisjh-english.

Viva Madrid!!!! Puxa Madrid!!! Visca Madrid!!! Gora Madrid!!! Go Madrid!!!!
============================

Don't worry . We don't want to speak third world .
EnglishKevin no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:14 PM   #1044
Gabe
pasaba por aquí...

Likes (Received): 561

Quote:

============================================

Gabe no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #1045
Dr. EKG
R1 en proceso.

Likes (Received): 0

Me cagüen tí y en tu pirata Drake (ahora vas y lo cascas).

Presidente y fundador del Trujillo Fansclub
Fundador y presidente del Fragasaurio Fansclub (el ocaso de la humanidad)
Fundador del Thread Oficial "Rincón Republicano"
Dr. EKG no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #1046
Englishman
Urge Desire Rest

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:

Sometimes it bothers me that our screen names and avatars are so similar.
Englishman no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #1047
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishman
Sometimes it bothers me that our screen names and avatars are so similar.
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:33 PM   #1048
kota16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK4
I also agree, I would like to hear some more about how New York will win the 2012 Olympics in a few weeks.
Yes, we have yet to read some positive reasons for New York to be the host. Maybe the New Yorkers are sick of the rest of the world, and the population is not really behind the idea. I voted for London for 2012.
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #1049
exciter
excitersky

ok, to put some peace on this, and to keep the idea of the thread, it's obvious that nobody knows which city will get the games, because it's the opinion of the IOC members, and i'm sure that it's more than wich one is the 'richest', 'important', and all the things 'we' the forumers had said with passion about our cities. (sometimes too much passionated)
the five cities are more or less playing in the same league of world cities, actually, the differences are smaller, you can find almost the same things in paris, london, new york, madrid, and don't know in moskow, because i haven't been.
so, the question is about the project, nothing else. i like more three of them between the five, madrid, london and paris, in this order. i think madrid is an underrated city, with a great project, less known than the others, and should have the chance to proove it. that's why i said that london, new york and paris don't need the games ( i did'n say: don't deserve them, it's different) because are great cities, well known in all terms.
last thing to close the 'war' with englishkevin(please take this with humor) sorry if you can't understand my english, i try the best that i can, it's not my idiom, but, please, show more respect for a language wich talk more than 400.000.000 people in the world, some of them english who learned it at school
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:11 PM   #1050
JDRS
Against ID Cards

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by exciter
so, the question is about the project, nothing else. i like more three of them between the five, madrid, london and paris, in this order. i think madrid is an underrated city, with a great project, less known than the others, and should have the chance to proove it. that's why i said that london, new york and paris don't need the games ( i did'n say: don't deserve them, it's different) because are great cities, well known in all terms.
If it's about the project than without being biased I truly think London has the best bid. It will have top world class facilities which are under construction now with some great world famous places such as Wembley and Wimbledon. Great transport links contrary to popular belief, and close to the centre of London. You say Madrid has a bid less known than the others and should be allowed to prove itself but that isn't a reason to have the olympics at all. All the cities will want to prove themselves so being less well known is not a reason to host the olympic games.
JDRS no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:21 PM   #1051
TROSKI
MaDriLEñO

I expect any of them to win but london, just to laugh off with sure English Kevin inteligent remarks
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:07 PM   #1052
SpastiK

Likes (Received): 163

In my opinion, Madrid has the best project.

Reasons:

-Madrid has the best public transport system, and the best conexion between the city center and the Olimpic village and stadium, in acordance with the time and with the km.

-Madrid in 2007 will have 277km of Metro and it is say that Madrid will have more than 330km of Metro in 2012. (only Metro, not Lights Rail systems)

-Madrid has the nearest airport to the Olimpic Village. (Barajas Airport, just some km from Olimpic Village and about 5 minutes by car)

-Madrid has the nearest Olimpic Village to the Olimpic Stadium. (not london, Madrid just 200 metres more or less, I mean, nearby)

-The Madrid´s project is the only one wich have more sports areas near the Olimpic Stadium and olimpic sports.

-Madrid has the best weather in July.

-Madrid has the best green project.

-Madrid has the bests supports out of all candidates cities: 90% of the population and all the regions and spanish institutions.

-Madrid has the cheapest project.

-Madrid has the 70% of the sport infranstructures built or under construction. (right now)

-Madrid is the only city in the world wich has 3 world championships in 2005 (and several european competitions).

-Madrid has the world record of visitors in a Master Series of Tennis (2004) and in a World Taekwondo Championship. (2005). Madrid and Spain is involved in sports more than other cities/countries.

-Madrid have right now 40.000 volunteers, and it is hope to get in 6th of July more than 60.000, the city with the most number of volunteers of the candidates.

-Madrid don´t have economic and ecologic problems (like Paris or London, were they have problems in the projects, with firms and ecological groups against the projects)

-Madrid city, spaniards, politics, institutions, firms, ... are all together involved in the project.

-Madrid don´t have "fisical" or "economic" problems as weakness points. The only problme that it has got is the Barcelona 92 (that 20 years between both, just a stupid problem if we compare the number of Olimpic Years of Paris and London).

-Madrid is the only big capital in Europe that hasn´t celebrated the Olimpic Games yet.

So, in brief, Madrid has the best project.

Regards!

Last edited by SpastiK; May 26th, 2005 at 10:02 PM.
SpastiK no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:04 PM   #1053
onetwothree

Likes (Received): 18

It does sound like a good bid, but I don't think Madrid will get it, all due to Barcelona 92'. And July is a bit early for the games, isn't it?
onetwothree no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #1054
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by exciter
ok, to put some peace on this, and to keep the idea of the thread, it's obvious that nobody knows which city will get the games, because it's the opinion of the IOC members, and i'm sure that it's more than wich one is the 'richest', 'important', and all the things 'we' the forumers had said with passion about our cities. (sometimes too much passionated)
the five cities are more or less playing in the same league of world cities, actually, the differences are smaller, you can find almost the same things in paris, london, new york, madrid, and don't know in moskow, because i haven't been.
last thing to close the 'war' with englishkevin(please take this with humor) sorry if you can't understand my english, i try the best that i can, it's not my idiom, but, please, show more respect for a language wich talk more than 400.000.000 people in the world, some of them english who learned it at school
============

An entirely reasonable and sensible post Exciter . THe problem here is that I have picked up on foreign sarcasm and uncharitable remarks and responded in kind . They haven't liked it . If people don't want to be shot at they should be careful about what they and how they say it . Simple as that . If you want to fight then take the punches . If you don't - be reasonable . Makes sense doesn't it ? I also have a low tolerance for sarcasm and there is way too much of that here .

I think petty nationalism is tiresome but I can certainly do it if I'm provoked .

No to Madrid . Barcelona is too recent . The Spanish are being greedy . Paris is the most deserving competitor to London .
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #1055
EnglishKevin
BANNED

[QUOTE=Englishman]Sometimes it bothers me that our screen names and avatars are so similar.[/QUOTE
=============

Get over yourself martyrboy . I'm responding in kind not advocating another holocaust . Now take your pills , kiss a tree . press a wild flower and give my love to Bangladesh . Btw ......you're free to change your name and your avatar ..........if you're so affected .
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:23 PM   #1056
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastiK
In my opinion, Madrid has the best project.

Reasons:

-Madrid has the best public transport system, and the best conexion between the city center and the Olimpic village and stadium, in acordance with the time and with the km.

-Madrid in 2007 will have 277km of Metro and it is say that Madrid will have more than 330km of Metro in 2012. (only Metro, not Lights Rail systems)

-Madrid has the nearest airport to the Olimpic Village. (Barajas Airport, just some km from Olimpic Village and about 5 minutes by car)

-Madrid has the nearest Olimpic Village to the Olimpic Stadium. (not london, Madrid just 200 metres more or less, I mean, nearby)

-The Madrid´s project is the only one wich have more sports areas near the Olimpic Stadium and olimpic sports.

-Madrid has the best weather in July.

-Madrid has the best green project.

-Madrid has the bests supports out of all candidates cities: 90% of the population and all the regions and spanish institutions.

-Madrid has the cheapest project.

-Madrid has the 70% of the sport infranstructures built or under construction. (right now)

-Madrid is the only city in the world wich has 3 world championships in 2005 (and several european competitions).

-Madrid has the world record of visitors in a Master Series of Tennis (2004) and in a World Taekwondo Championship. (2005). Madrid and Spain is involved in sports more than other cities/countries.

-Madrid will have 40.000 volunteers in 6th of July, the city with the most number of volunteers of the candidates.

-Madrid don´t have economic and ecologic problems (like Paris or London, were they have problems in the projects, with firms and ecological groups against the projects)

-Madrid city, spaniards, politics, institutions, firms, ... are all together involved in the project.

-Madrid don´t have "fisical" or "economic" problems as weakness points. The only problme that it has got is the Barcelona 92 (that 20 years between both, just a stupid problem if we compare the number of Olimpic Years of Paris and London).

-Madrid is the only big capital in Europe that hasn´t celebrated the Olimpic Games yet.

So, in brief, Madrid has the best project.

Regards!
===============

I was with you until you stated that Madrid and Spain are more involved in sport that anyone else on the planet . Obviously your grip on reality is fleeting and inconsistent because that was an absolutely ridiculous statement to make .
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #1057
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Well Done Liverpool !

Congratulations Liverpool ! 3-0 down in the first half but still 5-time winners of The European Cup and now permanent holders . I think the nation is proud !
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:24 PM   #1058
randy007
BANNED

Quote:

yeah.... sure.... madrid, Barcelona, Los Anegeles,miami, New York are the third world..... you're *******!
randy007 no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #1059
DaDvD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishkevin

You're completely ignorant men, stop saying nonsense!
Moderators??? Where are y'all???

The battle is between Madrid and Paris! Got it?
Go Madrid 2012!!

Last edited by DaDvD; May 27th, 2005 at 02:42 AM.
DaDvD no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:50 PM   #1060
oscyrkorso
Informality required

Madrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016