daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 27th, 2005, 06:41 PM   #1081
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1498

absolute legend will...ive been wondering what the hell has been going on with it....

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=204354

The this thread I started here of the Dome....with renderings and more info

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #1082
Azcamadrid

Likes (Received): 1

Which use is going to have the Millenium Dome if London win the Olympics?

http://avantia.miniville.fr/
http://avantia.miniville.fr/ind
http://avantia.miniville.fr/tra
http://avantia.miniville.fr/sec
http://avantia.miniville.fr/env
Azcamadrid no está en línea  
Old May 27th, 2005, 09:57 PM   #1083
Madman

Likes (Received): 39

Gymnastics and Basketball i think.
Madman no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2005, 04:07 AM   #1084
Javier BF
iHate iStuff

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishKevin
============================

Don't worry . We don't want to speak third world .
Just two words: You're pathetic.

Y te lo repetiré en "tercermundista" (aunque en tu supina y autocomplaciente ignorancia no entiendas ni jota de la segunda lengua europea más hablada del mundo, y aquella en la cual está escrita la mejor novela de la literatura mundial): Das pena.

Don't bother to answer. You're not worth a further single nanosecond of my time.

«I think there is only one meaning for the word “peace”. That is, the word should be used to signify an environment where everyone in the world can live happily as human beings. [...] We must strive for the same objective—that we all want to have decent lives as human beings. Why can't we strive together? I always wonder why we can't achieve it... I often discuss it with the children who visit me on school trips.» Sumiteru Saniguchi
Javier BF no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2005, 08:17 AM   #1085
SDK4
Florida

Likes (Received): 500

Its about time the Millennium Dome was used for something. For a while it was looking like a huge waste.
SDK4 no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2005, 12:16 PM   #1086
Juanito

Likes (Received): 0

I personally think Madrid should win coz is the only city who hasn't organised the olimpic games.
Old May 28th, 2005, 12:31 PM   #1087
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanito
I personally think Madrid should win coz is the only city who hasn't organised the olimpic games.
What about new york?? madrid might never have hosted the games but i dont think it will be returning to spain again two times out of the last three games hosted by europe..the IOC would be sending out the wrong message...
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2005, 01:00 PM   #1088
Juanito

Yes, but...forget NY...the olympic games must be in Europe And my first option is Madrid and then Paris or London (and of course Moscow). That's true Barcelona orgnanised the OG on 92 but, that's not Madrid. And many people consider Barcelona as Catalonia and not Spain.

Please don't worry it's only my opinion. Go Europe!!!
Old May 28th, 2005, 02:24 PM   #1089
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Great dome photos . About time they used it for something useful .

No contact from the moderator yet . Might I suggest that any little squealy schoolgirls here contact him/her again ?
EnglishKevin no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2005, 08:55 PM   #1090
DaDvD

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Rush
What about new york?? madrid might never have hosted the games but i dont think it will be returning to spain again two times out of the last three games hosted by europe..the IOC would be sending out the wrong message...
Following that logic, New York would never ever host the 2012 Olympic Games. Have u forgotten Atlanta '96 or Salt Lake City 00' Winter Olympics????? London, Paris and Moscow have already hosted them, so it's Madrid's turn!!!!
Juanito, Barcelona IS SPAIN!!!!!!!
The Olympic Games are given to CITIES, not countries!! Is Barcelona Madrid? NO! So please use other arguments!

Go MADRID 2012!!!!!!!
DaDvD no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 12:43 AM   #1091
Madman

Likes (Received): 39

Well they are hosted by cities but they are as much given to the countries as they are the cities requiring the governments full backing etc etc.

New York is a different case to Madrid as the USA is much larger, richer and more influential than Spain is, as the games are awarded to the US as if it were a continent - at almost the same rate it seems as they are awarded to EU countries (makes sense when the population isnt too dissimilar). I seriously doubt Madrid could garner the votes needed to win against the likes of strong bids from Paris, London and New York and the fact that Barcelona was so recent provides another reason for IOC members to vote elsewhere.

Besides lets be all honest here people, Paris it seems has virtually bagged it
Madman no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 01:41 AM   #1092
Citrus-Fruit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Its a shame, because events like the World Cup and Olympics should go to the people, but I think the likes of Fifa and the IOC take British fans for granted and know they will travel wherever the tournments and events are held & thats a pity. because every single stadia will be sold out, every pub will be full and the streets will be buzzing. Paris just wont have the same kind of carnival atmosphere as it would in London and the UK.
Citrus-Fruit no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 02:09 AM   #1093
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Britain also had the biggest fan following in Athens bar Greece!

eddyk no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 01:02 PM   #1094
Dr. EKG
R1 en proceso.

EnglishKevin: "No contact from the moderator yet . Might I suggest that any little squealy schoolgirls here contact him/her again ?"

Moderators, do you want to do something, please?

Presidente y fundador del Trujillo Fansclub
Fundador y presidente del Fragasaurio Fansclub (el ocaso de la humanidad)
Fundador del Thread Oficial "Rincón Republicano"
Dr. EKG no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 01:46 PM   #1095
EnglishKevin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. EKG
EnglishKevin: "No contact from the moderator yet . Might I suggest that any little squealy schoolgirls here contact him/her again ?"

Moderators, do you want to do something, please?
--------------------------------

Have you any idea at all of how childish you are being ?
EnglishKevin no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #1096
dababest

Well, I think Madrid is one of the favorites, Madrid has one of the best transport in the world. In London for example, the transport is crap! (I have lived there for 5 years) that´s less points to win. And Madrid never hosted Olimpic Games so its time now, because Madrid is very developed and rich city.
Hey Juanito! dont forget Barcelona is Spain! I think Barcelona hosted the Games bacause had influence of the President IOC Samaranch (he was born in Catalonia region, (Spain)).
dababest no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #1097
eddyk
Registered Abuser

The Transport in London is not the best as it could be....But it is one of our stongest hands...It will be so advanced by the time 2012 come around!

Paris on the other hand...Striking during the IOC visit leaving them stranded and causing city wide chaos!

eddyk no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #1098
Meditt
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanito
That's true Barcelona orgnanised the OG on 92 but, that's not Madrid. And many people consider Barcelona as Catalonia and not Spain.
so true!

anyway, though I've voted New York (just because a subjective and personal desire), my bid is Paris followed by London, they seem to have the best projects...
Meditt no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 03:09 PM   #1099
DaDvD

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meditt
so true!

anyway, though I've voted New York (just because a subjective and personal desire), my bid is Paris followed by London, they seem to have the best projects...
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................en fin, luego nos quejaremos
DaDvD no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #1100
Dr. EKG
R1 en proceso.

English Kevin, me cagüen tí, you are a hooligan, I´m very tired because other english don´t say nothing about his... ,cuando tengas la minima capacidad moral, etica o académica para discutir conmigo, hablamos.
Ahora a ver, que me baneen. Por cierto hablo en español, porque también es un idioma "internacional".
MEDITT: Aunque te joda, tu pasaporte/DNI pone que eres español, que mala pata. De todas respeto tu opinión sobre tu "preferencia" sobre la ciudad...

Presidente y fundador del Trujillo Fansclub
Fundador y presidente del Fragasaurio Fansclub (el ocaso de la humanidad)
Fundador del Thread Oficial "Rincón Republicano"

Last edited by Dr. EKG; May 29th, 2005 at 03:49 PM.
Dr. EKG no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016