daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 4th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #1441
Mekky II
BANNED

Likes (Received): 16

Paris 2012 free concert near eiffel tower announced with artists such as Maroon 5 this sunday 5 june. (during the second Champs-Elysées celebration and also it will start the final battle 1 month before the final decision)

Official Website (sorry it is in french ! )
http://www.nrj.fr/nrj12_concert/index.html
Mekky II no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:29 AM   #1442
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1490

Hope it rains

I wonder what we're gonna do in the coming few weeks...

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:31 AM   #1443
rational crazy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

New York is not my favourite, but it will go to gain the event! This city is headquarter of the capitalism, system that gives the norms in the current world.
rational crazy no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #1444
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by birminghamculture

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:56 AM   #1445
Mekky II
BANNED

Paris 2012 Promotes Discrimination-Free Games
Posted 12:27 pm ET (GamesBids.com)

The integration of the disabled into society has long been a priority for French public authorities. This public preoccupation is one of Paris 2012’s founding objectives in its bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games. A Paris 2012 press release says that Paris aspires to host “an exceptional 60-day event” to promote participation in sports free from discrimination.

Paris 2012 has set out a roadmap for sustainable development, the Agenda 21, through which it laid the foundation for its concept. There are four main objectives to Agenda 21 with regards to the disabled – to modify public opinion to develop a positive and supportive civic attitude towards people living with a disability; to improve the living conditions of disabled people; to integrate them into the professional and corporate sectors; and to promote the development of accessible sporting activities.

In order to make the 2012 Games a catalyst for integrating the disabled, Paris 2012 developed a concept that unites all athletes during the 2012 Games. A single committee will be in charge of organizing the Games; the Paris OCOG. Paralympics athletes will use the same competition venues as those used by able-bodied athletes. All the athletes will be housed in the same Olympic and Paralympic Village. By providing all athletes with optimal amenities, accommodation, training and competing conditions, Paris 2012 says it fulfills its commitment to promote accomplishment in sports.

Paris 2012 also plans on building a major intangible legacy for the disabled in France. By 2012 all train stations offering transportation to competition venues will be accessible to the physically impaired along with seven metro stations located near strategic transfer points. The entire Paris bus network will be fully accessible by 2012.
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #1446
DaDvD

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rational_crazy
An entire city that considers black people monkeys, can host one olimpiad?

MADRI IS BANISHED OF THE DISPUTE!
Your opinion on Madrid is based on the actitude of a bunch of hooligans in a football match???? You are COMPLETELY IGNORANT! You consider 3 million people racist because of 300 stupid *******s??? Madrid is everything except a racist city! In fact it is well-known for its tolerance to foreigners: we've got 300,000 or so, and numbers are still growing!
Don't start with these damned comments again! Then you all say it is the Spaniards fault!
DaDvD no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:06 AM   #1447
EarlyBird

Likes (Received):

It'd be nice to see the bid videos the cities put together...

Londons:
http://www.webcast.ukcouncil.net/hos...4jul04_150.asx

Anyone got links for the other cities?

Old June 4th, 2005, 01:06 AM   #1448
birminghamculture
BANNED

That concert is wack. Marroon 5? ... Deary me.

So glad I wont be in Paris this sunday, instead ill be able to to enjoy Destinys Child in Birmingham.
birminghamculture no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:07 AM   #1449
birminghamculture
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDvD
Your opinion on Madrid is based on the actitude of a bunch of hooligans in a football match???? You are COMPLETELY IGNORANT! You consider 3 million people racist because of 300 stupid *******s??? Madrid is everything except a racist city! In fact it is well-known for its tolerance to foreigners: we've got 300,000 or so, and numbers are still growing!
Don't start with these damned comments again! Then you all say it is the Spaniards fault!
Arr those 300 people get around alot. First attacking England youngsters then the England national team, then Bayer Leverukusen then Thierry Henry. they msut be in well paid jobs.
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:10 AM   #1450
eddyk
Registered Abuser

OK...I left it....I tried to get on with it....One spaniard has commented on it its over....now if another spaniard comments on it....It WILL be your fault if an argument starts!

And yes....It was alot more than 300....but thats the end of it

Maybe this G8 thing could help Britains bid...put Britain in a good light....we care about the world...I know its not a government thing but still!

The British puplic also dotated more money to the Tsunami aid than any other country...and im not talking size for size either.

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:13 AM   #1451
EarlyBird

Likes (Received):

Quote:
That concert is wack. Marroon 5? ... Deary me.

So glad I wont be in Paris this sunday, instead ill be able to to enjoy Destinys Child in Birmingham.
And I'll be enjoying Ricky Hatton's boxing match for the IBF belt after todays fight for the WBO belt, both in Manchester. We have it pretty good in the UK for events don't we. 3/6 WBO boxing - MEN Arena & Beck - Carling Apollo Manchester. 4/6 IBF boxing - MEN Arena & G4 - Carling Apollo Manchester. 5/6 Tori Amos - Carling Apollo Manchester & EUFA Women's Euro 2005 - City of Manchester Stadium. 6/6 Destiny's Child - MEN Arena.

Old June 4th, 2005, 01:21 AM   #1452
Mekky II
BANNED

London's heritage is a winner ?...

If london were able to organize World Athletic Championships 2005, it would have been a winner, but surely not with its past. Imagine if Paris takes its olympic heritage like London, Paris is where modern olympic games were reborn...

rational crazy > the oldest stock exchange of the world is in Amsterdam, New-Amsterdam (New-York) only follows its mother in capitalism... eheh

EarlyBird> there is nipples and sex (firemen that launch water on street) in Paris 2012 promotionnal movie, i can not post it here, it can shock americans after Janet Jackson and also children... lol
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:27 AM   #1453
eddyk
Registered Abuser

send it to me in a PM

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:29 AM   #1454
EarlyBird

Likes (Received):

Who cares about nipples and sex?

Now there's no excuse...

Old June 4th, 2005, 01:34 AM   #1455
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Is that you EarlyBird?

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:36 AM   #1456
DaDvD

Quote:
Arr those 300 people get around alot. First attacking England youngsters then the England national team, then Bayer Leverukusen then Thierry Henry. they msut be in well paid jobs.
Yeah, sure! We're all a bunch of evil racist nazi hooligans!, our only goal in life in insulting blank people...and of course all English hooligans are saints.......c'mon men,I'm not having this!
DaDvD no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:39 AM   #1457
eddyk
Registered Abuser

I tried....

Leave it out will you!!!!!!!!!!!!

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:39 AM   #1458
birminghamculture
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDvD
Yeah, sure! We're all a bunch of evil racist nazi hooligans!, our only goal in life in insulting blank people...and of course all English hooligans are saints.......I'm not having this men......
Thankyou.

Yours sincerly St. Bolly!
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:41 AM   #1459
birminghamculture
BANNED

Jacko's had a boob job ->

Old June 4th, 2005, 01:45 AM   #1460
Mekky II
BANNED

by all saints...

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016