daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2005, 01:46 AM   #1661
Mekky II
BANNED

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENIGMA
For the Citizens of London and Paris - you must be so proud to be living in the afore-mentioned cities, I envy you. These must be the most stylish bids EVER ! Well done and may the best one win.
Auckland is wonderful, for sure it would make a great candidate for olympic games, only because new-zelanders are great in sports, i am sure all of you will be welcomed very well in Paris or London

(A little advantage for Paris from NZ since Jonah Lomu supports the bid please ? )
Mekky II no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2005, 01:54 AM   #1662
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekky II
Auckland is wonderful, for sure it would make a great candidate for olympic games, only because new-zelanders are great in sports, i am sure all of you will be welcomed very well in Paris or London

(A little advantage for Paris from NZ since Jonah Lomu supports the bid please ? )
Thank you I hope that I will be able to attend the Games. I can't wait - Good Luck

Old June 8th, 2005, 04:33 AM   #1663
kony

Likes (Received): 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricemazda
But internet users are still a narrow bunch, mainly english speakers or can understand english, also they tend to be younger than the average age, more affluent and predominantly white.

and...what is your point exactly ??? a group of 20.000 people, mainly english speaking and young said they prefer seeing the games in Paris rather than London...so what are you trying to say with your above statement ??

actually i would expect that a group of english speaking young people would vote London before Paris, in any kind of poll....
kony no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #1664
Aragorn10000

Likes (Received): 1

Estoy deseando que Madrid gane los juegos olimpicos para que asi se le quite la prepotencia a los de Londres.

Prefiero a cualquier ciudad antes que a Londres.
Aragorn10000 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #1665
urbanpakistan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

2012 Olympics should be held in Karachi or Islamabad, Pakistan. It's about time for us to shine.
urbanpakistan no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 02:14 PM   #1666
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Likes (Received): 1384

Yeah but in order to get the games you have to bid for them? Last time I checked the IOC didn't have the choice to go for Islamabad.
Old June 8th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #1667
Sitback
NW London baby!

Likes (Received): 79

Madrid let me down with their mass racist chants at football matches. Sick.
Sitback no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #1668
Aquarius
Nooo, ya no

Likes (Received): 44

as your prince Harry
Aquarius no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #1669
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

when has Prince Charles been racist, show me the evidence?
Old June 8th, 2005, 02:55 PM   #1670
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1490

He wore a Nazi costume to a fancy dress part....whoopdi fecking do....he isnt a Nazi though is he....unlike

[img]http://cache.***********.com/comp/53020852.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E3589E2EB1CB241247757C85AE85A779B[/img]

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 02:58 PM   #1671
Carretero
'Carregoogle' Member

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitback
How many matches, and how many people?

L&C Productions: I: Torre de Madrid - II: Torre Castilla - III: Torre de Valencia - LCP: Hospital Gómez Ulla
Otros reportajes: Urbanismo atroz en Gamonal (Burgos) - Soria: esa pequeña gran desconocida

"La gente debería venir a la obra de vacaciones en vez de al valle de Ordesa"
(Manolo Melis)
Carretero no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #1672
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1490

3 that I know of....and of a few thousand...

Real Madrid - ?????
Spain - England
Spain - Lituania

Yeah, most didnt go there with the intention of monkey chanting etc., but many followed suit.

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #1673
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

it happened at the England under 21 game and the main match the next day.
Old June 8th, 2005, 03:29 PM   #1674
pacorro
BANNED

He really looks like Prince Harry, the one who dess up like a nazi.
pacorro no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #1675
pacorro
BANNED

Heil Prince Harry
pacorro no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #1676
Kika
Better United

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
You wanna talk about racism? So don't forget to tell us about some of your forumers like EnglishKevin:

Originally Posted by EnglishKevin
==============

I don't even care now many people speak a certain language . The world and I know which is the most important language - English .

This immature flagwaving , with every sentenced followed by !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , from the spanish children on here is boring . You can only take so much bullshit from a country that has only been a democracy for 50 years and . A country that had colonies in south america that have all been piss-poor third world failures . A country where they were still riding on donkeys 20 years .

No Spanish Concorde . No Spanish Aston Martin , Jaguar or Rolls Royce . In fact what has spain ever made ? I can't think of any modern industrial product that the spanish have invented whether it be a tv , car , plane , tank , ship or bloody vaccuum cleaner .

Spain .....one of europe's second rate nations that has just started to look a bit better thanks to the EU and the richer more successful countries like the UK , Germany , Holland & France handing it money

Spain.....the type of country where they would openly go hysterical in the streets if they ever won the eurovision song contest or actualy won anything because they never have .

Pathetic bunch of children.....runing around an internet forum getting your little greasy third world gang together and getting all excited over a silly little online poll . If you had a better history and hadn't been such a failure you A . wouldn't be so bloody excited over nothing and B . Wouldn't be so ******* desperate to get noticed .

Greasy ******* third world spicks .

Is that meaning that all English are racist? Because I start to have a strong feeling that this is what some of you are trying to tell about the Spaniards, a country where over 650'000 foreigners come every year with the hope of starting a better life...

No further comments are needed I think...

Old June 8th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #1677
fosterito
murcia-madrid

i hope Madrid will win!it's going to be difficult for all the cities.They are all fantastic cities.
if Madrid doesn't win, i prefer Paris, Moscu or New York ¡great cities with great people!
London is a city i like a lot, but the english forumers have disappoint me. i hope they wont get 2012 olympic games.
i can't understand why english forumers are all the time telling spanish people is racist.bad people is in everywhere (hooligans,racist...) but they are the few or i want to believe that.
please stop this children discussions and let's talk about the bids with respect.thanks

os pido españoles que no caigais en los piques estos porque no merecen la pena, vamos a disfrutarlo y a pasar con las tonterias de algunos. yo sigo pensando que mas importante que responderles es demostrar que estamos a la altura y tenemos la mejor candidatura.
fosterito no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 04:14 PM   #1678
Kika
Better United

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:

By the way, this very sad situation doesn't seem to happen only in Spain:

...Despite concerted efforts by the Football Association and other organisations, racism and hooliganism remain serious problems in UK football...

This is the source in case you want to know more about it (was quite easy to find something about this serious problem that affects most of the countries on google):

http://www.independence.co.uk/public...esinsport.html

Before criticising other's country you'd better check yours first as it isn’t necessarily the best example to follow in terms of hooliganism and racism...

Old June 8th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #1679
pacorro
BANNED

Dedicated to EnglishKevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika
You wanna talk about racism? So don't forget to tell us about some of your forumers like EnglishKevin:

Originally Posted by EnglishKevin
==============

I don't even care now many people speak a certain language . The world and I know which is the most important language - English .

And is the only one you know? ignorant, like most of english people. Ignorant.

This immature flagwaving , with every sentenced followed by !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , from the spanish children on here is boring . You can only take so much bullshit from a country that has only been a democracy for 50 years and . A country that had colonies in south america that have all been piss-poor third world failures . A country where they were still riding on donkeys 20 years .

Second sign of ignorance. We've been a democracy since 1977, after a long dictature, but before the dictature we were a democracy. Did you know that? Ignorant!.

No Spanish Concorde . No Spanish Aston Martin , Jaguar or Rolls Royce . In fact what has spain ever made ? I can't think of any modern industrial product that the spanish have invented whether it be a tv , car , plane , tank , ship or bloody vaccuum cleaner .

That's why you are so ignorant! We invented the helicopter and the submarine for example. Ignorant!

Spain .....one of europe's second rate nations that has just started to look a bit better thanks to the EU and the richer more successful countries like the UK , Germany , Holland & France handing it money

I could tell you a lot of things about spanish economy and why Spain is doing great but I don't think you will understand. Is not only because you gave us some money. Not to much by the way. Ignorant!

Spain.....the type of country where they would openly go hysterical in the streets if they ever won the eurovision song contest or actualy won anything because they never have .

Are you talking about the celebrations for the rugby world title in London? I though you were gonna destroy the city. By the way we won eurovision 3 times. Ignorant!.

Pathetic bunch of children.....runing around an internet forum getting your little greasy third world gang together and getting all excited over a silly little online poll .
Are you talking about you?

If you had a better history and hadn't been such a failure you A . wouldn't be so bloody excited over nothing and B . Wouldn't be so ******* desperate to get noticed .

Greasy ******* third world spicks .

Is that meaning that all English are racist? Because I start to have a strong feeling that this is what some of you are trying to tell about the Spaniards, a country where over 650'000 foreigners come every year with the hope of starting a better life...

No further comments are needed I think...

I'm sorry for some english people, I've been living there for two years and they are not as stupid as this one.
pacorro no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #1680
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

when a stadium full chants monkey noises questions can be raised about Spanish football, not Spain as a whole, then when it is repeated at a further two matches then repeated by its coach on two seperate occassions as well.

However, I wa surprised because one would expect if Spanish people were going to be racist to anyone it would be to arabs and morrocans not black people.

But Kika if that happened in England and the English coach said those things UEFA and FIFA would have gone mental probably keeping England out of competitions, what happened to the Spanish FA? not much. Lets judge everyone in the same way shall we instead of trying to put a spin on it.

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016