daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #1681
Sitback
NW London baby!

Likes (Received): 79

The racism at football matches in Spain is a lot worst then in England let's be REALISTIC HERE!
Sitback no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #1682
Juanito

Likes (Received): 0

What the hell is wrong with the english people here?

you should never forget what's happened at Heysel Stadium...England, shame on you!!!
Old June 8th, 2005, 06:39 PM   #1683
pacorro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitback
The racism at football matches in Spain is a lot worst then in England let's be REALISTIC HERE!
Yeah, let's be realistic, english hooligans are the worst ones. You just have to see how they behave when they go outside to "support" (?) their teams, drinking beer, destroying pubs, traveling without tickets, just pathetic. But it's not only that, they are the ones who occasioned most of the disgraces for footbal, including dead people in stadiums. English teams had been kicked out of european competitions for some years because incidents like those ones.
By the way, have you ever been in a spanish stadium watching a football game or you just believe the worst and most pathetic media of Europe? (english one, of course).
pacorro no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #1684
Kika
Better United

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitback

You probably meant "a lot worse" right? Being a football fan you probably know how good you are and how bad the others are...

Just keep repeating it so that you can show how grand you are...

Old June 8th, 2005, 06:44 PM   #1685
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Likes (Received): 1384

Yes that happened in the 1980's over 20 years ago, shall I start about saying how Spain is undemocratic and has massive human rights abuses because of Franco?

Funny how Turkish supporters murdered Leeds United fans a few years ago, but no one mentions that. Or how hooliganism is not an english problem anymore what happened in Portugal? What happened in the World Cup?

Which English media are you talking about is the worst in europe? Name them, do you mean the tabloids? Well have you ever read Bild in Germany, yep just as bad. People have a such one sided view, when something like the racist chanting happens, they turn around as if to divert attention and justify what happened by saying 'well, look at them they are worse'
Old June 8th, 2005, 06:51 PM   #1686
Juanito

yes, really funny... but you know who has provoked the turks?

I remember the final Galatasaray against an english team and they (english supporters) started fighting...
Old June 8th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #1687
JDRS
Against ID Cards

Likes (Received): 4

Racism was at one point a problem in English football but it's been almost wiped out now, whilst there were at least several hundred fans in Spanish stadiums being racist. You can't talk about events that happened decades ago because we're talking about at the moment and more importantly in 2012. But of course Madrid is not a racist city on the whole and this is not really related to the bid.
JDRS no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #1688
exciter
excitersky

Likes (Received): 2

ok, going back to the bids, and forgetting all the racist people wherever they are (stupid people live everywhere), i want to remind that if you look to the last OG, the IOC favourite city never was the winner, Athens won against rome (favourite) sidney won against manchester (favourite) beijing won against paris (favourite)...and more, and more.... so, the IOC report is just descriptive, but there is a lot of IOC members voting for the final result, nothing is decided. it's sure between paris, madrid, and london.
about the report, madrid olympic office is gonna discuss the only one 'negative' point, the number of hotel rooms, wich is 50.000, more than the 33.000 the IOC said, and ask the IOC to change this in the report and make it public.
Old June 8th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #1689
mdet04
mdet04

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricemazda
when has Prince Charles been racist, show me the evidence?
Prince Charles no, but his son!

Here you have a real nazi!!

[IMG]http://www.****************/stilo/contenido/noticias/2005/0105/1405/images/harry-nazi.jpg[/IMG]
mdet04 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 08:29 PM   #1690
nick_taylor
BANNED

Location: Portsmouth (term time); Bishop's Stortford (out of term time)
Likes (Received): 9

And I do remember a certain Spanish Team Coach degrading international players and hundreds of Spanish supporters shouting monkey chants at English players! You don't get this approved mass-racism in UK sport in the 21st century, you do so in Spain however which is quite unfortunate.
nick_taylor no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #1691
mdet04
mdet04

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-taylor
You don't get this approved mass-racism in UK sport in the 21st century
Ok, here you are:

Fútbol: hinchas británicos deportados
Policía portuguesa arrestando a hinchas británicos.
Los disturbios ocurrieron en el pueblo costero de Albufeira, Algarve.

Varios seguidores británicos de la selección inglesa de fútbol han sido deportados de Portugal, donde se celebra la Eurocopa, debido a los disturbios ocurridos en los últimos días.

Según informes de la policía británica, unos 34 hinchas han sido obligados a regresar al Reino Unido.

La Unión Europea de Fútbol, UEFA, dijo que no ha calificado a los disturbios como "hooliganismo" porque no han ocurrido en los estadios, pero advirtió que si tienen lugar durante algún partido de la selección de Inglaterra, el equipo podría ser expulsado del campeonato.

El Ministerio del Interior de este país advirtió que quienes participen en actos violentos en Portugal podrían ser encarcelados.

El primer ministro británico, Tony Blair, dijo que esas personas "avergüenzan a nuestro país" e instó a la policía a actuar con vigor y asegurar que quienes ejerzan la violencia reciban medidas punitivas fuertes.

Por su parte, el ministro de Deportes, Richard Caborn, dijo que "estos no son hinchas, son hooligans, bravucones que sólo van a causar problemas".

Laguna legal
Garry Mann y un policía portugués.
Mann fue condenado a dos años de prisión en Portugal.

Fuentes de Scotland Yard expresaron su molestia porque una laguna legal permitió a uno de los detenidos, el bombero Garry Mann, de 46 años de edad, escapara a una condena de dos años de prisión que le había sido impuesta en Portugal.

Como Mann fue deportado inmediatamente después de haber sido sentenciado, sin pasar por lo menos un día en prisión, el Reino Unido aparentemente no tiene ningún mecanismo jurídico que le permita encarcelarlo.

El Ministerio del Interior británico dijo que estaba dialogando con sus homólogos portugueses para asegurar que eso no se repita.

El ministro del Interior, David Blunkett, señaló que sigue haciendo todo lo posible para encontrar una forma legal de encarcelar a Mann.

This is the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/spanish/mis...00/3823749.stm

I have not found the information in english, but at least it comes from the BBC. What you can read in this article is that during the Eurocup in Portugal last year, 34 english hooligans have been deported from Portugal to England because of their violence actions!!

Like you can see, UK it has more problems whit the racism and the violence although in Spain we are starting to have some problems like this!

From now, i will like that the english forumers before to say than all Spain is racist they look first their country and their Royal Family!!
mdet04 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #1692
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1490

Like you can see, UK it has more problems whit the racism and the violence although in Spain we are starting to have some problems like this!

Yeah, that prooves it....feck off does it.

Football violence and racism is more of a problem in Spain than it is in England.

P.S
That story you posted above has nothing to do with racism.

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:10 PM   #1693
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Likes (Received): 1384

OK, while it is not really appropriate for a royal to wear a fancy dress Nazi costume, if you are suggesting that Harry is Nazi and hate Jews to the point of wishing them dead, i think your are over-egging this.

If you think it is wrong to even wear a nazi uniform inn a fancy dress party, then there are an awful lot of people in the world who you think are wrong. What about plays or the theatre, can we still wear uniforms there?

Are you actually suggesting Prince Harry is racist?
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:10 PM   #1694
JDRS
Against ID Cards

Mdet, violence isn't the same as racism. Two different things and I don't recall anyone saying all of Madrid is racist. Though without doubt in Spanish football there is a problem that I believe is being solved now. This isn't really related to the bids though.
JDRS no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #1695
mdet04
mdet04

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyk
Football violence and racism is more of a problem in Spain than it is in England.

P.S
That story you posted above has nothing to do with racism.
It's because you say it, no?

Any spanish supporter has never been deported from a different country to Spain. And that you can read in the article it's only one time, but generally the english supporters have problems because for their violence wherever they go!!

Hooligan= racist, all people know this equation!!
mdet04 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:14 PM   #1696
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdet04
Prince Charles no, but his son!

Here you have a real nazi!!

[IMG]http://www.****************/stilo/contenido/noticias/2005/0105/1405/images/harry-nazi.jpg[/IMG]

nah, thats just a guy at a fancy dress party....here is a real nazi

[img]http://cache.***********.com/comp/53020852.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E3589E2EB1CB241247757C85AE85A779B[/img][/QUOTE]

P.S...England fans deprted from Portugal....bid deal....nothing compared to...

3 days of racist attacks on immigrants leave 50 injured in spain...

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/fe...span-f11.shtml

P.S
And no hooligan doesnt equal racist, god knows how you came up with that.

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:20 PM   #1697
JDRS
Against ID Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdet04
Hooligan= racist, all people know this equation!!
You're making assumptions that are quite frankly unproven and not true.
JDRS no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #1698
pacorro
BANNED

Quote:
Yes that happened in the 1980's over 20 years ago, shall I start about saying how Spain is undemocratic and has massive human rights abuses because of Franco?

Funny how Turkish supporters murdered Leeds United fans a few years ago, but no one mentions that. Or how hooliganism is not an english problem anymore what happened in Portugal? What happened in the World Cup?

Which English media are you talking about is the worst in europe? Name them, do you mean the tabloids? Well have you ever read Bild in Germany, yep just as bad. People have a such one sided view, when something like the racist chanting happens, they turn around as if to divert attention and justify what happened by saying 'well, look at them they are worse'
Do you think we are proud of Franco? Do you know what are you talking about? are you trying to mix racism with a dictature or is just another evidence of your ignorance?. You should be worried about what british troops are doing in Irak. Let's back to sport because I could say lots of bad things related to human rights about UK, but this is not the poll.

Of course I was talking about papers like the sun and shit like that, the most extremist, not the tabloids.

What happened in Turkey was english hooligans provoking and being RACIST with musulman supporters. Of course, the murderer of those british supporters is not justified but they were not very pacific at the same time.
England hooligans were the worst one more time in Portugal, showing how pathetic they are when they are drunk, and some incidents happened in the last world cup as well.

All the spanish media said to Luis Aragones that he was wrong, but of course, it's also true that everything has been exagerated, there weren't thousands insulting england black players, who behaved really agressive against Spain players for being in a friendly match.. I've got no words to explain Wayne Rooney's behaviour, the one coming to my mind is pathetic.
Of course we won the game.
pacorro no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #1699
mdet04
mdet04

Quote:
OK, while it is not really appropriate for a royal to wear a fancy dress Nazi costume, if you are suggesting that Harry is Nazi and hate Jews to the point of wishing them dead, i think your are over-egging this.

If you think it is wrong to even wear a nazi uniform inn a fancy dress party, then there are an awful lot of people in the world who you think are wrong. What about plays or the theatre, can we still wear uniforms there?

Are you actually suggesting Prince Harry is racist?
It's not the same to make your work like an actor and wear a nazi uniform because the piece ot theater or the film require it!!

That to choose a nazi fancy dress at least when you're the future brother's king!! I would never chose a nazi fancy dress because I'm not racist and I can dress up of many things and I'm not an authority... if I was one of the prince of Spain I didn't make it, at least I was stupid...

But this is not the problem, I don't want to discuss about Prince Harry, what I want to explain it's that I have readed many english opinions in this thread about the spanish racism and this is completely wrong. The spanish society we are not more racist than the english one and the spanish football is no way so racist like the english one
mdet04 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #1700
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Oh really....Italian fans pelt England fans with bricks, English fans attack them and a wall colapses 39 die....and its all our fault...

English fans provike turkish fans and two get stabbed, and its our fault.

P.S
Yes, there was 1000s

eddyk no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016