daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 9th, 2005, 12:03 AM   #1721
Skylandman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by birminghamculture
FALSE

You're as dumb as a donkey ->
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyk
******* bastard

is insulting alow on this forum, mods?
Skylandman no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #1722
birminghamculture
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylandman
I gave you 5 diferent news reporting racist incidents that happened in the UK with in the last 72 hours, but then you told me that the source wasnīt reliable enought. So i gave you 8 diferent sources more.

Then anther brit come with something happened in spain 5 or 6 years ago, where at the end the only killed was a Spanish teenager by a black or moor men, so if he can bring back incidents from the past to base a nation 44 million people on what happened in the past, why can we?

At the end i just want to point out, that racist is in fact a problem in Spain, but like else where in Europe (including the UK), and the thing is that the brit press did a very big deal about something that shameful (indeed, very shameful) that happened in Spain īcoz it was a really great deal for Londonīs bid. Then they donītake so much interest in pointing that 1 out of every 3 new immigrants comeing to the EU every year choose Spain as their home, or that the Spanish population went up almost a 10% in the last 5 years mostly thanks to the new immigrants (more than 3 millions) or that just in the first month of this year we legalize 700000 immigrants, or that after the Madrid bombing, the worst masacre happened in Spain since the civil war, no one attack any mosque, or arab bizīs or person, something that did happen in other countries suffering muslims terrorist attacks. It neither point out the that extreme rigth parties are growing pretty fast all over Europe, icluding again the UK, but not in Spain, where there not this kind of parties gaining votes.

The thing is that you want to picture Spain as an extreme racist country, when in fact is untrue, and just for the mere fact that itīs good for your bid.
Vary unffair.
That has to be the biggest pile of crap I have ever read on this forum.
birminghamculture no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:05 AM   #1723
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1498

"and just for the mere fact that itīs good for your bid."

Nah, It was reported by media all over the world that this could damage Madrids bid.

SPAIN'S RACIST COMPLAINT: Madrid's bid to host the 2012 Olympics could be barred, following the row that has erupted about Spain's racist football fans. During the match against Spain on Wednesday night, England's black players Ashley Cole, Jermaine Jenas and Shaun Wright-Phillips suffered a tirade of racist abuse from fans, to which England fans responded with the chant: "One Armada and no World Cup". Spain's foreign minister Miguel Angel Moratinos has since apologised "in the name of the Spanish government"

BBC

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #1724
birminghamculture
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylandman
is insulting alow on this forum mods?
Deary me, typical spaniard cries at the first sign of conflict learning after his hero Raul. If you didnt speak so much shit you wouldnt have this problem. stop being a tit and grow up.
birminghamculture no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:13 AM   #1725
willo
Me&Me

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
nah, thats just a guy at a fancy dress party....here is a real nazi

[img]http://cache.***********.com/comp/53020852.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E3589E2EB1CB241247757C85AE85A779B[/img]

Quote:
P.S...England fans deprted from Portugal....bid deal....nothing compared to...

3 days of racist attacks on immigrants leave 50 injured in spain...

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/fe...span-f11.shtml

P.S
And no hooligan doesnt equal racist, god knows how you came up with that.

**** you guy. you don't know anything about those racist acts in el ejido. that was because some gropus of arabs of the village were murdering and raping girls while the policemen were doing nothing.

and nazis and violent are these english hooligans

willo no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:16 AM   #1726
willo
Me&Me

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by birminghamculture
FALSE

You're as dumb as a donkey ->

he is not wrong. the events in el ejido were almost two years ago.

and that's true that english hooligans killed a lot of italian supporters in a stadium about 15 or 20 years ago.
willo no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:17 AM   #1727
Skylandman
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricemazda
you have evidence for that statement? That simply wasn't true. You should be very very very careful about that.

http://www.thesportjournal.org/1998J...o1/menaces.asp

Menaces to Management: A Developmental
View of British Soccer Hooligans, 1961-1986

After viewing film of the incident, Belgium authorities identified groups of Liverpool fans as those who instigated vicious attacks against the Italian fans, which in turn led to a stampede of people attempting to escape the violence. The Liverpool soccer hooligans were the ones wearing ski masks and carrying various weapons including, pick axe handles and clubs (The Times, 30 May 1985). The brutality of the event was further heightened by eyewitness accounts claiming the Liverpool soccer hooligans were urinating on the corpses and jumping around in celebration (Canter, 1989). In time, the main offenders were brought to trial and sentenced in a Belgium court....

Đ copyright 1998-2003 the United States Sports Academy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW Mods, iīm still waiting to know if insulting and name calling are allow on this forum? if itīs not i hope youīll do something about it.
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:17 AM   #1728
Skylandman
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo
he is not wrong. the events in el ejido were almost two years ago.

and that's true that english hooligans killed a lot of italian supporters in a stadium about 15 or 20 years ago.
5 or 6 years ago
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #1729
Sitback
NW London baby!

Likes (Received): 79

I don't care what anyone says here. Yes racism is present in English football, but only a very small part the fans are like that. The English hooligans, all they like to do is kick some heads in whether your black, brown or white. It's just yobbo fighting culture, not racism. Only in Spain, do you hear 40,000 fans all shouting monkey noises when a black player like Ashley Cole or Shawn Wright Phillips from another country touches the ball.

Pathetic. In terms of multiculturalism and acceptance of minorities England is light years ahead of most European countries. FACT!
Sitback no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:26 AM   #1730
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 60762

yep i remember that incident clearly.. wasnt a few english fans stabbed in turkey recently?
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:42 AM   #1731
nick_taylor
BANNED

Location: Portsmouth (term time); Bishop's Stortford (out of term time)
Likes (Received): 9

Got to love the Spanish when it comes to fascism - they 'build' (or should I say forced) a monument to their great Franco!!!

nick_taylor no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:47 AM   #1732
nick_taylor
BANNED

Location: Portsmouth (term time); Bishop's Stortford (out of term time)
Likes (Received): 9

After the England - Spain game.........

SPORTS PAPER MARCA

The biggest-selling paper in Spain devotes its first five pages to the racism controversy - "Football must not tolerate any more of these racist gestures" is its front-page headline.

"The game between Real Madrid and Barcelona is the right time to show to the world that we are not racist."

The paper uses a photo montage with Barcelona and Cameroon international Samuel Eto'o's face in white and Real Madrid and France midfielder Zinedane Zidane's face in black.

The accompanying headline reads: "Nothing would change if Samuel Eto'o were white and Zidane were black."

In its editorial, the paper asks: "Are we really racist? If we're not, why did so many of us stand idly by while people were making monkey chants towards black England players?"

EL PAIS

Its editorial deplores the lack of leadership and sensitivity of the Spanish FA and Spain coach Luis Aragones.

It calls for Aragones to apologise immediately and stop trying to blame some kind of English press conspiracy.

The paper adds: "Whether this affair becomes an insurmountable burden affecting Madrid's Olympic bid remains to be seen."

It also carries a letter from a Spaniard living in the north-east of England who said that when he watched the game, he was ashamed to be Spanish.

SPORTS DAILY AS

Columnist Alfredo Relano says that while Aragones has not helped himself, the Spanish FA was more to blame for not providing its coach with better advice and support - "He is a football coach, only that."

And he adds: "Madrid's 2012 bid is wobbling."
nick_taylor no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:49 AM   #1733
Skylandman
BANNED

Then some brits donīt want us to remember you how you killed a lot of italians and the you pissed over theirdeaths bodies to celebrate the massacre when forumers as the one posting above me bring here a "monumet" build by Franco to serve as his own tomb using spanish republicans prisioners ...and where thousands of then died building it... ridiculous...you bring here something that happened more than 60 years ago and more than half of the spaniards combat with all their forces untill the end, very often giving their own lifes, but you can stand when someone remeber you that british supportrs have been the worst and more violent all over the world during the last 25 or 30 years.
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:53 AM   #1734
eddyk
Registered Abuser

FFS stop talking about it as if you know what happened you *******....yeah, you've really pissed me off.

You should be banned, im talking to you skylandman

******* IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:05 AM   #1735
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Likes (Received): 1384

eddyk if you want to stay posting on this forum you will like me let the Spanish teenagers carry on without us.

Time to say

Buenos Noches
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:11 AM   #1736
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Ill probly end up getting banned if I stay here much longer.....but whats his face posting terrible lies regarding Heysel a subject close to me, it really does upset me.

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:13 AM   #1737
Skylandman
BANNED

Quote:
FFS stop talking about it as if you know what happened you *******....yeah, you've really pissed me off.

You should be banned, im talking to you skylandman

******* IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how long will mods tolerate this ?
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:20 AM   #1738
eddyk
Registered Abuser

as long as they tolerate you

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:28 AM   #1739
Skylandman
BANNED

Btw, seems like this urinating habit was done again at the Hillsborough disaster, in their own homeland:

The story accompanying these headlines claimed that 'drunken Liverpool fans viciously attacked rescue workers as they tried to revive victims' and 'police officers, firemen and ambulance crew were punched, kicked and urinated upon'. A quote, attributed to an unnamed policeman, claimed that a dead girl had been abused and that Liverpool fans 'were openly urinating on us and the bodies of the dead'.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/enc...h_disaster.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Skylandman; June 9th, 2005 at 03:37 AM.
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:32 AM   #1740
eddyk
Registered Abuser

dumbass

"The story accompanying these headlines claimed that 'drunken Liverpool fans "

Obviously a story regarding the sun or other Tabloid....the sun which was charged....the sun which has printed apology after apology since.

"And look what BBC readers have to say about Hillsborough :"

what BBC readers have to say about the Sun Newspaper more like...

"I still feel bitter about all the lies told [about] all the drunken fans deliberately arriving late, urinating on and stealing from the dead bodies."

"Well, no prizes for guessing what rag is not welcome in my house. "

Rag = The Sun Newspaper

stop with the lies you idiot....I know the story....you dont, you know what you want to know, and will make up what you want to make up.

there I made it big so you see it

Last edited by eddyk; June 9th, 2005 at 01:40 AM.
eddyk no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016