daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 9th, 2005, 01:34 AM   #1741
kony

Likes (Received): 1241

i don't get it , i tought this thread was about olympics ???
kony no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:41 AM   #1742
pacorro
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-taylor
Got to love the Spanish when it comes to fascism - they 'build' (or should I say forced) a monument to their great Franco!!!

Only an ignorant bastard can say that. The Valley of the Fallen was built with prisioneers or war, yes, the ones who lost the spanish civil war, they were forced to do it, we didn't built it because we liked Franco.
Only one thing is clear in this poll, English forumers are stupid and ignorants.
Did you study or you are just coming drunk from the pub?
pacorro no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:42 AM   #1743
Madman

Likes (Received): 39

Kony, I know...this one has ended up just like the old one...oh well wont need this thread in like 20 days
Madman no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #1744
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1496

"Only one thing is clear in this poll, English forumers are stupid and ignorants"

Gee, I might to start a topic in the Barra

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #1745
Citrus-Fruit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Madrid wont be hosting the games, so they start all this bullshit. Get a life.
Citrus-Fruit no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:45 AM   #1746
pacorro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitback
I don't care what anyone says here. Yes racism is present in English football, but only a very small part the fans are like that. The English hooligans, all they like to do is kick some heads in whether your black, brown or white. It's just yobbo fighting culture, not racism. Only in Spain, do you hear 40,000 fans all shouting monkey noises when a black player like Ashley Cole or Shawn Wright Phillips from another country touches the ball.

Pathetic. In terms of multiculturalism and acceptance of minorities England is light years ahead of most European countries. FACT!
40.000? is that what you read in english media? That says a lot about the level of the english forumers in this poll.
pacorro no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:45 AM   #1747
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyk
dumbass

"The story accompanying these headlines claimed that 'drunken Liverpool fans "

Obviously a story regarding the sun or other Tabloid....the sun which was charged....the sun which has printed apology after apology since.

"And look what BBC readers have to say about Hillsborough :"

what BBC readers have to say about the Sun Newspaper more like...

"I still feel bitter about all the lies told [about] all the drunken fans deliberately arriving late, urinating on and stealing from the dead bodies."

"Well, no prizes for guessing what rag is not welcome in my house. "

Rag = The Sun Newspaper

stop with the lies you idiot....I know the story....you dont, you know what you want to know, and will make up what you want to make up.

there I made it big so you see it

Just so skylandman sees in

and Pacorro you just what we need, a spanish EnglishKevin, as if there isnt enough of them around already...

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:49 AM   #1748
SeR
Feliz IgNoRanCia...

Iros a chuparla ingleses!! xD
SeR no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:53 AM   #1749
pacorro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch
[img]http://www.****************/stilo/contenido/noticias/2005/0105/1405/images/harry-nazi.jpg[/img]

I find it uncanny that some on here are trying to state how racist the English are and how terrible its media is by posting this picture of Harry in the Sun.

First of all, everyone knows it was a Fancy dress outfit, i don't think many christians would have attacked him if he wore a Devils costume...
By wearing the outfit he is mocking and ridiculing Hitler and the Nazi way, not those who suffered. The same if someone wore a Devils outfit for a fancy dress party.

But here is the best bit... just look at the pic above, its The SUN. This great unworthy paper, attacked by those who attack English media, is outwardly condemning Harry's outift!!! So on one hand Harry is bad for wearing a fancy dress costume and on the other hand the English media is bad for condemning it!!

The pic above is perfect for showing just how sensitive the British are to such things...

I do not read Spanish papers, but how many covered their front pages with condemnation for real racist monkey chanting??
"First of all, everyone knows it was a Fancy dress outfit, i don't think many christians would have attacked him if he wore a Devils costume...
By wearing the outfit he is mocking and ridiculing Hitler and the Nazi way, not those who suffered. The same if someone wore a Devils outfit for a fancy dress party."

So he is good at the end, would you dress up like that for a party?
It's just funny, a Nazi like you justifying a Nazi, calling us nazis
Why don't you ask Israel people? maybe they can tell you if it's offensive or not.
pacorro no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 01:56 AM   #1750
eddyk
Registered Abuser

You wont last long....your as bad as EnglishKevin

I wonder if ze English will start a thread in the UK skybar

Yes spaniards, im never gonna let that go....not for 20 days at least.

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:00 AM   #1751
pacorro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRS
Mdet, violence isn't the same as racism. Two different things and I don't recall anyone saying all of Madrid is racist. Though without doubt in Spanish football there is a problem that I believe is being solved now. This isn't really related to the bids though.
I'm agree with you. We've had a problem during this year with racism in football stadiums, but those ones are a small group in the stadiums. It is completely false that 40.000 fans were being racist in the Bernabeu stadium and of course Spain is not a racist country. What some english forumers, ignorants all of them, are trying to say is that Madrid and Spain is racist because of a few. None of the candidate cities are racist, of course that includes London. I'd like to talk about the bids but what some of you are saying here is quite offensive.
pacorro no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:07 AM   #1752
eddyk
Registered Abuser

"What some english forumers, ignorants all of them, are trying to say is that Madrid and Spain is racist because of a few"

Could say exactly the same about the spanish forumers.

Lets just agree to disagree

--
So Wembley aye....football venue....will it really be the biggest stadium in the world in ground area?

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:22 AM   #1753
Skylandman
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyk
dumbass

stop with the lies you idiot....I know the story....you dont, you know what you want to know, and will make up what you want to make up.[/SIZE]

there I made it big so you see it

Mods, itīs the 3th time that this forumer insults me, iīll ask you once more: is insulting and name calling allow on this forums?
Skylandman no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:41 AM   #1754
rufi
Against Spam

Don't worry Skylandaman, he is just a teen about to start summer break .
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:42 AM   #1755
willo
Me&Me

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrus-Fruit
Madrid wont be hosting the games, so they start all this bullshit. Get a life.

this bullshit was started by some english forumers a few days ago (englishkevin,birminghanculture and eddyk)
willo no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:47 AM   #1756
eddyk
Registered Abuser

hey....im just defending myself and England....and when some idiot says that we pissed on dead people I will respond....got that!!!!

Got that....or do you believe what he posted is true...because that makes you just as bad.

Pacorro (spanish)

also called insulted us....twice

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:48 AM   #1757
rufi
Against Spam

Let's discuss peacefully
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:50 AM   #1758
eddyk
Registered Abuser

You'rre the one starting some of this....and then you say that as if you're a some kind of peacemaker

eddyk no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:52 AM   #1759
rufi
Against Spam

ok, lets focus on the games...

It's like paris is gonna win... specially after beijing won last time aganist them too...
Old June 9th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #1760
nick_taylor
BANNED

Location: Portsmouth (term time); Bishop's Stortford (out of term time)
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylandman
Then some brits donīt want us to remember you how you killed a lot of italians and the you pissed over theirdeaths bodies to celebrate the massacre when forumers as the one posting above me bring here a "monumet" build by Franco to serve as his own tomb using spanish republicans prisioners ...and where thousands of then died building it... ridiculous...you bring here something that happened more than 60 years ago and more than half of the spaniards combat with all their forces untill the end, very often giving their own lifes, but you can stand when someone remeber you that british supportrs have been the worst and more violent all over the world during the last 25 or 30 years.
I would excuse you for not knowing too much about Hillsborough and Heysel simply for the fact that Spain had just come out of isolationist fascism, but the facts of the Heysel Stadium Disaster differ to what you state. What happened was that there was meant to have been a neutral stand right slap bang to the Liverpool fans end sold to Belgian supporters. Reality was that Italians brought the tickets and Ultras began enticing Liverpool fans to fight back by chucking objects at them. Now back in 1984 in Rome (the year before), Liverpool fans had been hunted down by 'scooter gangs' who stabbed and slashed dozens of Liverpool fans (a 13 year old was quite literally nearly ripped to peices and required some 200+ stitches just to his face), the police actually even participated in robbing Liverpool fans! Obviously being attacked within a stadium before the game isn't going to go down well when a year before you were lucky to escape from Rome alive.

Reports from police officers and stewards in the stadium note that once Juventus had started an en-masse throwing competition, there was a stampede by Liverpool fans to get out of the stadium and also at the Juventus fans. Which as you might be aware led to the collapse of the retaining wall which then killed the 32 Italians, 4 Belgians, 2 Frenchmen and the Irishman. Interestingly though there has been no official inquiry into Heysel simply because Belgian and UEFA officials could actually have been brought to justice for manslaughter (hence why no Liverpool fans have been brought to court - because). Thats the reality of Heysel. Also where did the Liverpool fans urinate over the bodies of the Juventus fans? Making up history now?

I on the otherhand am not making history up about the monument to Franco, which still exists to this day - facism still routed within the Spanish psyche perhaps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylandman
Btw, seems like this urinating habit was done again at the Hillsborough disaster, in their own homeland:

The story accompanying these headlines claimed that 'drunken Liverpool fans viciously attacked rescue workers as they tried to revive victims' and 'police officers, firemen and ambulance crew were punched, kicked and urinated upon'. A quote, attributed to an unnamed policeman, claimed that a dead girl had been abused and that Liverpool fans 'were openly urinating on us and the bodies of the dead'.
Your referring to a story led by The Sun which actually turned out to be false. The reason for trouble at Hillsborough was poor crowd control by the police and this shift of the blame has actually led to the banning of The Sun in most of Liverpool.

Infact if you had done your research you would have found out that The Sun apologised for publishing a false and untrue story - which actually goes against all the urination/rape/muggings that The Sun said happen. Then again should I excuse you as Spain was in the dark for quite a bit of the later half of the 20th century.

The Guardian
Sun apology does 'more harm than good'

Claire Cozens, press and publishing correspondent
Wednesday July 7, 2004

Liverpool fans have rejected the Sun's full-page apology today and accused the paper of a cynical attempt to cash in on the Hillsborough stadium tragedy, in which 96 football fans were killed.

Phil Hammond, the chairman of the Hillsborough family support group, who lost his 14-year-old son in the disaster, criticised the move saying it had done "more harm than good" to the paper's reputation in Liverpool.

And he demanded that the Sun reveal its sources for the hugely controversial story 15 years ago, in which it claimed Liverpool fans had urinated on corpses, picked the pockets of victims and beat up a police officer giving the kiss of life during the disaster.

"It wasn't an apology, it was an excuse to have a pop at Liverpool and the local newspapers," he said.

"They're just trying to get the circulation up, why else would they use it to talk about the Mirror and the Echo?"

The Sun took up a full page with its apology today after Everton player Wayne Rooney was criticised in the Liverpool Echo for selling his story to the Rupert Murdoch-owned paper for a reported Ģ250,000.

But it also used the article to accuse rival newspaper publisher Trinity Mirror, which owns the Echo, of "stirring up local trouble" in a "crude effort by them to make commercial gain".

But Mr Hammond said the legacy of the Sun's 1989 article lived on in the city, with many newsagents still refusing to sell the newspaper.

And he said an offer of a financial donation to the Hillsborough family support group would not be enough.

"For 15 years I've been trying to get justice for my son. We don't want their money, what we want is the names of the senior police officers who gave the Sun the story," he said.

Graham Dudman, the associate editor of the Sun, told Radio 5 Live this morning that it was now "time to move on".

"This isn't about selling newspapers, it's about saying sorry. I understand some people are not going to accept it, but hell will freeze over before some people change their views of the Sun," he said.

Dudman said the "entire senior team at the Sun" at the time of the article had now moved on from the paper, "yet we are still being blamed and tarnished for what was a terrible mistake".

And he said the current team did not even know the identity of the newspaper's sources for the false claims.

"Firstly no journalist reveals their sources and secondly we didn't know who they are. We could print an apology in eight inch letters on the front page and it still wouldn't satisfy everyone," he commented.

If you can't post facts, don't post at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacorro
Only an ignorant bastard can say that. The Valley of the Fallen was built with prisioneers or war, yes, the ones who lost the spanish civil war, they were forced to do it, we didn't built it because we liked Franco.
Only one thing is clear in this poll, English forumers are stupid and ignorants.
Did you study or you are just coming drunk from the pub?
Its still standing and is a monument to one of the most horrific facist leaders on the planet. Also the OECD disagrees with your statement with English being stupid, as on average attainment across science, mathematical and reading literacy is significantly above average the OECD average or roughly equal to that of Japan's which is the highest significant country counted in the OECD research project. Spain languishes somewhere around the significantly bellow the OECD average I do believe across the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacorro
Why don't you ask Israel people? maybe they can tell you if it's offensive or not.
I don't know what Israel has to do with Prince Harry being a dolt! Perhaps you've mistaken the Jews for the Israeli people (who are Jewish, Christian, Islamic, etc...)....even then the Israeli government isn't the best one to talk too, they're in the process of creating an immense ghetto that not even the Nazi's dreamed of building!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoroo
I'm agree with you. We've had a problem during this year with racism in football stadiums, but those ones are a small group in the stadiums. It is completely false that 40.000 fans were being racist in the Bernabeu stadium and of course Spain is not a racist country. What some english forumers, ignorants all of them, are trying to say is that Madrid and Spain is racist because of a few. None of the candidate cities are racist, of course that includes London. I'd like to talk about the bids but what some of you are saying here is quite offensive.
No, but there was a significant outburst that was not really condoned by the Spanish FA until it sunk in. Having a coach who was also outright racist didn't help Spain's matters.
nick_taylor no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016