daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: host city of Olympics 2012
London, UK 280 25.23%
Madrid, Spain 342 30.81%
Moscow, Russia 90 8.11%
New York, USA 206 18.56%
Paris, France 192 17.30%
Voters: 1110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 9th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #1781
JDRS
Against ID Cards

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacorro
I'm agree with you....
What some english forumers, ignorants all of them,
So you agree with me, an English forumer, and then call us all ignorant.

Hooliganism is not racism and none of the cities are racist but there were fears that Spain's 2012 bid may suffer as a result of the people being racist at the football matches. Lets be honest here, to make the amount of noise that could be heard when I watched the game would have been caused by at least a hundred or so people and it happened more than once so Spain does have a slight problem with racism in football. Although this probably wont be mirrored in the olympics. Despite what some Spainish forumers have said England has less of a problem with racism in it's football than alot of European countries because alot of effort was put into eradicating it. And hooliganism is being stamped out with people being banned from travelling abroad.

Please can we end this debate now and stop bickering like children.
JDRS no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #1782
Rainier Meadows
©

Likes (Received): 3

Please take this immaturity elsewhere people!
Old June 11th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #1783
d24_7Madrid

Likes (Received): 0

But there is an important thing: London, Paris, New York an Moscow had another Olympic Games in the past but not Madrid.
If this cities are as good as for repeat the Olympic games in the same place again, why not?:
Paris 2012, London 2016, New York 2020, Moscow 2014, Paris 2018, London 2022, New York 2026, Moscow 2030...

Madrid must have an opportunity for become a better city, because these cities had an opportunity in the past.

GO MADRID 2M12
d24_7Madrid no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2005, 03:02 AM   #1784
jesarm
مدريد / Мадрид / 马德里

Likes (Received): 9

GO MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE MADRE IS GOING TO HOST THE OLIMPIC GAMES IN 2012
jesarm no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2005, 04:57 AM   #1785
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesarm
GO MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE MADRE IS GOING TO HOST THE OLIMPIC GAMES IN 2012
keep hoping.... lol
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2005, 05:06 AM   #1786
Principes
To Engineer is Human

PARIS.
Old June 12th, 2005, 05:09 AM   #1787
rufi
Against Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush
keep hoping.... lol
Yes, and Cape Town next time
Old June 12th, 2005, 05:40 AM   #1788
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

I think that NYC should have the 2012 Olympics especially since Moscow, London, and Paris already had them in the past and NYC didn't.
Old June 12th, 2005, 05:53 AM   #1789
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufi
Yes, and Cape Town next time
indeed GO MADRID then hehehe
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2005, 06:37 AM   #1790
SDK4
Florida

Likes (Received): 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB
I think that NYC should have the 2012 Olympics especially since Moscow, London, and Paris already had them in the past and NYC didn't.
Exactly!
SDK4 no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2005, 12:02 PM   #1791
pricemazda
Titter ye not.

Likes (Received): 1384

But the USA has hosted more olympics and winter olmypic games than any other nation.
Old June 12th, 2005, 01:23 PM   #1792
Mo Rush

New York - no stadium no olympic games, new york would have been my second choice but i will have to see how things go as the main stadium is the most inportant venue!!!, one cannot anymore just pile some temp seats together the main stadium is the status the image and centre and heart of an olympic games,....otherwise the energy, vibrancy and pure exictement a new york games could draw would be miraculous

Madrid- although the IOC wont look at the fact that spain would receive two out of the last three european hosted olympic games they would be blind to ignore it, i am interested to see what support Juan Antonio can muster together as he has a few good "Relationships" with IOC members but i doubt this would influence over 50 IOC member that a games should return to Spain

Moscow - There plans are actually not awful and as undetailed as the IOC suggest, they certainly are receiving the harsh end of the stick, this is what happens when you are in such a strong field of competitors the space for error is just so smalll....Moscow will indeed exit in round one...

London- not afraid to say this city has been my favourite from the start, an excellent olympic plan that one can really visualise and see happening, the strongest legacy in my opinion and its strength lies in its vision for both a great olympic and paralympic games, london came to the rescue twice for the IOC, along with a spectacular plan, this would indeed be one of the best and most magical games ever, ..

Paris- they have tried once and tried again and well.. the IOC might just give it to Paris because it just seem slike their turn, if you think that you would be wrong at the moment the european vote is split between four cities as the IOC members are mostly europeans, so the vote lies with those cities that exit first, a New York exit would see a big boost for london this apart from Londons support from the commonwealth of Oceania and so forth, north africa would sway towards paris and some middle eastern countries such as Qatar supporing new york they might just turn to london, i think southern africa as Nelson Mandela has said and supported are in favour of London...and these members would vote accordingly, when madrid exits would the south american votes who can no longer support perhaps new york be swayed towards london??? at the end of the day will paris really gain enough support, the parisian bid is overly boosted and praised by the IOC, especially when there are some weak points regarding its bid....
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #1793
stadiumfuture
stadiumfuture

Likes (Received): 3

Lisbon is the best option for the 2016 olympic games, we have seen the see can organize such event.
stadiumfuture no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2005, 07:53 PM   #1794
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadiumfuture
Lisbon is the best option for the 2016 olympic games, we have seen the see can organize such event.
yes esp if europe gets 2012 lets just give europe 2016 2020 and 2024 LOL
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #1795
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

Let's be serious here, do you really think that the IOC can no longer consider NYC just b/c the two people in NYS politics said no to the West Side Stadium? I would say no to this question. Besides a poll in the NY Daily News claims that people would rather have it in Willets Pt, which is home to both Shea and Artur Ashe Stadiums. That area is a huge sports complex already, especially when there is the US Open is there anually. The IOC said that it was mainly the infastructure that limits the chances b/c there were some things that it was lacking compared to other cities. Also, NYC has other sports facilities that can use the games like MSG, Yankee Stadium, Keyspan Pk, Richmond Co Ballpark, Aqueduct Racetrack, Baker's Field, and other college auditorioms along with Chelse Piers Sport Complex. Also, they can even go outside the boundries and use the Medowlands, Nassau Vetrans Memorial Colliseum, Belmon Racetrack, and Yonkers Raceway. Overall, NYC is a very big city, so the choices to have the games isn't limited.
Old June 13th, 2005, 12:12 AM   #1796
lyonsdown

But one of the main points is to have it all based in a very small area for the vast majority of sports. This is a big factor for the london bid as most athletes will be able to walk to the stadium from the village in less than ten minutes.

The only ones that won't are Tennis and Football I think which are sports that don't really need to be in the olympics anyway.
lyonsdown no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2005, 02:10 AM   #1797
jesarm
مدريد / Мадрид / 马德里

Likes (Received): 9

go madrid
jesarm no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #1798
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
...Besides a poll in the NY Daily News claims that people would rather have it in Willets Pt, which is home to both Shea and Artur Ashe Stadiums....
The problem with that is, their bid is already "locked in" so they can't tell the IOC to bid on another plan that NYC would draw up within the next few weeks. With the way the selection process works, IOC members are forced to compare NYC's now-incomplete plan with the other four cities in contention.

... I think hell will freeze over before the Olympics is held in Flushing!
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2005, 06:23 PM   #1799
art
me llamo orzowei

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:

What about Madrid, hadn´t either
art no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #1800
decapitated

Likes (Received): 2098

London, cause i wanna watch the olimpics during the day, without any time diference But I think the best one would be NY.
decapitated no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, madrid 2016, olympic games 2016, rio 2016, spain in the world, tokyo 2016