daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 15th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #21
soloveich
Збагойный Ватнег

Likes (Received): 7414

Блин, люди, успокойтесь и не позорьтесь. Комплексы какие то что ли?

GM, gotta be great trip. Waiting for more threads to come. and more txt please. I'm sure u have a lot to tell.
soloveich no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #22
nedolessej197
hello

Likes (Received): 28

very cool!
nedolessej197 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #23
4miGO!!!
GeNtLe UsEr

Likes (Received): 1248

Soloveich, plus one. Guys, learn english, hopefully when its become better than the google-translator level, youll be capable to get the difference between some obvious things.
GM, great travel, u nai! Show us more, and, as Soloveich said, tell about your impressions of the places youve been to. BTW, have you had a flight from Moscow to the next city of the route? Or, may be, you had a train? If so, then, we would be glad to see pics of other places in Russia. With best regards, AhMeeGo.
Old October 17th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #24
icehot

Likes (Received): 4

Nice photos!
Dont mind some Muscovites, they only want tourists to take pictures of expensive cars and new developments..which certainly does not show the real picture
icehot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:15 AM   #25
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehot View Post
Nice photos!
Dont mind some Muscovites, they only want tourists to take pictures of expensive cars and new developments..which certainly does not show the real picture
Expensive cars and new developments are real picture of Moscow, dude
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #26
icehot

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Expensive cars and new developments are real picture of Moscow, dude
Depends what you compare it with. If with the rest of Russia - then yes, it does seem that way. If it is someone who comes from the Western world - then no. Brisbane's city centre for example is 90% luxury developments, and there are plenty of expensive cars, so when someone comes from a place like this they find hundreds of run down commieblocks much more interesting and unusual. IMHO
icehot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #27
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehot View Post
Brisbane's city centre for example is 90% luxury developments, and there are plenty of expensive cars, so when someone comes from a place like this they find hundreds of run down commieblocks much more interesting and unusual. IMHO
Are you have been in Moscow's city centre, dude?
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #28
ksionrze

Likes (Received): 12

Moscow doesn't look too good on these pics, especially freely standing fast food stalls
ksionrze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #29
apinamies

Likes (Received): 722

I'm sure that you more luxury cars etc. in Moscow than whole Finland.
apinamies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #30
Armidall

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinamies View Post
I'm sure that you more luxury cars etc. in Moscow than whole Finland.
Finland population - 5,371,531

Moscow population - ~10,500,000

... even if here more luxury cars than in whole Finland - it's because of population.
Armidall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #31
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Thanks all for your comments.
I will try to post the second part this afternoon.

@eklips

Coming from Paris, Moscow feels a little less cosmopolitan than Paris, but nevertheless it's more diverse that what I expected.
Moscow attracts people from all its former empire and this empire was quite huge and diverse (and Russia is actually still quite huge and diverse). So Moscow feels grand, and it's like the very center of its own world. Quite an exotic feeling, being there and feeling that you are in somewhat the center of the world for a great part of humanity.
Interesting comment. I agree. Many cities are the centers of a part of the world. And Moscow is not an exception. It is not hard to see how it can be the center of its former empire, the Soviet Union, which would have included different ethnicities, including different races. So although not as in-your-face cosmo as Paris or London, I can see how it is still much a meeting point or center for many in that part of the world.

Amazing, the idea of a ride by train from Moscow to Beijing.
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 02:40 AM   #32
GM
Vivre haut

Likes (Received): 6157

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxxxxx View Post
yet,we should say truth - quolity of photos is very poor - I gess the quolity of camera is one of the worst on this site and Moscow is not shown in its divercity -in fact Moscow is not shown at all and I have not yet seen such a dull thread on this forum. In the end of the day the choice of objects presented is a mirrow for the author - because each photo portrays not only the object on the photo, but the photographer as well...
You know, there are some courtesy rules in a forum. One of them is that generally you don't post on a photo thread if you haven't enjoyed it.
You have only four posts in this forum and all of them have been negative comments on my own threads.

There are thousands of threads in SSC forums, including dozens about Moscow or other cities in Russia that you might appreciate. Go post in them or just leave this forum.

Thanks to all the other forumers who enjoyed my threads.
GM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:13 AM   #33
GM
Vivre haut

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloveich View Post
Блин, люди, успокойтесь и не позорьтесь. Комплексы какие то что ли?

GM, gotta be great trip. Waiting for more threads to come. and more txt please. I'm sure u have a lot to tell.
Thanks.
My other threads :
- the first thread (about Moscow) :http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...115&highlight=
- the second thread (about Siberia) :http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...031&highlight=
- the third thread (about the Baikal):http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...523&highlight=
- the fourth thread (about the journey from Irkoutsk to Ulan Bator) :http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...449&highlight=
- the fifth thread (about Ulan Bator) : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1243533
Old October 29th, 2010, 05:15 AM   #34
skylark
skylark

Likes (Received): 410

nice adventure mate.
skylark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #35
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8835

#1. These are very interesting photos to balance out the standard photos of Moscow that we get.

#2. I appreciate your very tongue-in-cheek humour. I won't offend you by saying that the humour was almost British in places.

#3. I wholeheartedly look forward to your snaps of the journey and especially of Beijing. Beijing is a city I am becoming fast acquainted with so it'll be interesting to see your take on it.

Ignore the detractors and keep posting!
Svartmetall está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 07:44 AM   #36
bunt_q

Likes (Received): 0

Great thread. This trip is on my life dream list. We had a great conversation with a Russian couple (in Cairo) about why Westerners (and especially Americans) are fascinated with the Transsiberian Railroad. To them, a week-long train ride was anything but romantic. I can't explain it, but I am jealous!

All I can say is that sarcasm doesn't always translate well (between languages and/or between cultures). But I loved the commentary!
bunt_q no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 01:06 PM   #37
jutinyoung
amazing.young

Likes (Received): 201

so this thread which is surposed to be on a beautiful trip has become a debate, come on, there are many forums for bebate, let's just enjoy the trip here,and Mr GM, it has been one month from your last pic in the thread, we are really currious for the new update, cheer for you!

trust me, you don't wanna miss it:

the asian giant's stunning face --chinese skylines collection

it deserves your click and reply:.
European Cities Skylines
jutinyoung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 01:54 PM   #38
GM
Vivre haut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutinyoung View Post
so this thread which is surposed to be on a beautiful trip has become a debate, come on, there are many forums for bebate, let's just enjoy the trip here,and Mr GM, it has been one month from your last pic in the thread, we are really currious for the new update, cheer for you!
Thanks.
I decided to make several threads for clarity reason. You can see the other pics here :
Across Siberia
The Great Baïkal
Going to Mongolia !
Ulan Bator and the surroundings
Experiencing the Gobi desert
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM   #39
tarmo1

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutinyoung View Post
maybe it is hard to enjoy photos inscriptions to which reveal attempt to insult the nation presented by those photos? Personally I can't enjoy attempts of humiliation of any nation or race or country or ethnic group. There may be any kind of photos here, but inscriptions should not be arrogant or sarcastic (as mentioned by some posters)-some other threads of this author are of the same kind unfortunatelly.
tarmo1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 09:56 PM   #40
styles20
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Pic 19 must be a Sex shop or your guess is as good as mine.
styles20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
transsiberian