daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 1st, 2010, 10:57 PM   #41
GM
Vivre haut

Likes (Received): 6157

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmo1 View Post
maybe it is hard to enjoy photos inscriptions to which reveal attempt to insult the nation presented by those photos? Personally I can't enjoy attempts of humiliation of any nation or race or country or ethnic group. There may be any kind of photos here, but inscriptions should not be arrogant or sarcastic (as mentioned by some posters)-some other threads of this author are of the same kind unfortunatelly.
Wow... so you actually made three accounts, just to troll in my thread ?
You're beyond ridiculousness with your out of place oversensitivity.
I fail to see how posting a pic of a commieblock could be interpreted as racism or as an attempt to humiliate Russia... you're really deranged.

So, stop whining and get a life.
BTW, if you can't face to other views than your own, you should really stay away from the internet.
GM no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:25 AM   #42
Maipo Valley
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

calm down russian people. gm was sarcastic but no offensive at all. he was sarcastic against his own, not just about russia. i think he is actually very polite with so much trolling here
Maipo Valley no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:51 AM   #43
GammaHamster

Likes (Received): 539

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
You know why ? Because I love reality... even if it's not shiny.
Thats funny because i just went the same route as you from Domodedovo airport to Moscow( returning from vacation in Greece) and your photo report has very little to do with reality.
GammaHamster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:18 AM   #44
GM
Vivre haut

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlekino View Post
I don't know whom do you mean as a troll with 3 accounts - I counted 7 people on this thread who have mentioned your sarcastic and humiliating inscriptions under several photos ("glamorous suburbs of Moscow", "Russian shop", "Ministry of trurh", "Orwell quoters" etc...). Nothing wrong with posting ANY photos here - in fact we SHOULD post all kind of photos so that to see ALL sides of a city - another story how do we comment those photos- what atitude do we express by inscriprions under those photos. I am surprised that moderators of this site have not payed attention at your "sarcasms" - as far as I understand politics of this site is to promote mutual respect in learning about different countries and cultures of the world though photos of city life. By the way I wonder what would be your picks from Berlin (taking into account your pics of Moscow are so much with your dressing in CCCP t-shirt and Soviet military hat and near the monuments of Lenin,Marx etc?- would you pose in nazi uniform there? -majority of Russians have said good buy for their past as commies have only 12% of vote in Russia, yet you presented Moscow in particular way you want to present it ignoring all the other sides of it-it is your right,ofcource as rudiments of the past still exist in Moscow - but sarcastic comments about delapidated outscirts ("glamorous') ,insult to the Russian Parlament ("ministry of truth" sarcastic inscription)presenting dirty vodka stand as "russian shop" says it all about you...Your other threads are of the same kind- you are the type who like to rise your own selfesteem by insulting others. I don't like people like you -thats for sure. Your sensitive reaction to critics (calling your critics as trolls etc.) is one more prove to my words. And don't pretend that you are critisised for photos - no way - you are critisised for your atitude which you revealed in your sarcastic inscriptions.
Blahblah...
You are paranoid, you need help.

Quote:
By the way I wonder what would be your picks from Berlin (taking into account your pics of Moscow are so much with your dressing in CCCP t-shirt and Soviet military hat and near the monuments of Lenin,Marx etc?- would you pose in nazi uniform there? -
The great difference between Berlin and Moscow is that in Berlin you don't find souvenir shops selling nazis uniforms at all streets corners, contrary to Moscow with CCCP T-shirt and tons of other soviet stuff... Moreover they don't have any Hitler statue in Berlin contrary to the numerous Karl Marx or Lenin statues that we can see in Russian cities.
So don't blame me for the parts of Russia's history that you refuse to assume, and for the urban landscape that you refuse to see.

Again, you could be constructive by showing the other part of Moscow that you think I didn't show. Instead of that, you prefer wasting your time by creating multiple accounts and troll in my thread. It says a lot about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaHamster View Post
Thats funny because i just went the same route as you from Domodedovo airport to Moscow( returning from vacation in Greece) and your photo report has very little to do with reality.
So you are free to post your own thread about your own vision of the road from Domodedovo to Moscow, if you think that my pics don't reflect the reality.
Yet, all I saw was forests, ads and commieblocks... but maybe your reality is different from that and somewhat more beautiful (at least to your eyes).
Post your pics, I will gladly comment them.

Last edited by GM; November 2nd, 2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:36 AM   #45
GM
Vivre haut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maipo Valley View Post
calm down russian people. gm was sarcastic but no offensive at all. he was sarcastic against his own, not just about russia. i think he is actually very polite with so much trolling here
Thank you Maipo Valley.
Fortunately most of my fellow forumers seem to enjoy this thread.
There is just this one guy with his three or four accounts who has a particularly childish behaviour... even for the SSC standards !

So thanks to all of you who have enjoyed my threads !
Old November 2nd, 2010, 03:02 AM   #46
GammaHamster

Quote:
Yet, all I see was forests, ads and commieblocks...
Oh, realy? Not a single suburban district, shop, restaurant, market or car dealership along the road?
Makes me wonder what thing you failed to notice in other parts of you report, since i wasn't in those places myself.

And, come on, do you really think that your photo report is just so awesome that anyone who dislikes it is automatically a troll?

Last edited by GammaHamster; November 2nd, 2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 03:22 AM   #47
GM
Vivre haut

Quote:
Oh, realy? Not a single suburban district, shop, restaurant, market or car dealership along the road?
Makes me wonder what thing you failed to notice in other parts of you report, since i wasn't in those places myself.
Oh, you're right I remember seeing a car dealership. But I didn't take a pic of it because I wanted that everyone seeing my thread thought that there was not a single one car dealership in all Moscow !
I am unmasked.
My thread presents a highly distorted view of Moscow because the luxury car dealership is missing.

Quote:
And, come on, do you really think that your photo report is just so awesome that anyone who dislikes it is automatically a troll?
A guy who makes three differents accounts, just to post critics on my threads. And who comes back again under a new user name after being banned a first time. Yes, I call that a troll.

Last edited by GM; November 2nd, 2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM   #48
GM
Vivre haut

Quote:
I don't want to argue anymore as I already was namecalled here, so I am not writing it as a responce to the author of the thread, but just to express my opinion to others - actually car dealerships, restorants, malls and shops are exactly what we see on the way from an airport to the city EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD - be that New Yourk or Berlin or Helsinki - and that is what this site is about as such facilities show how the country lives, its vibrant buisiness (or absence of it),existing infrastructure etc... - so ofcource this photo-report about Moscow is misleading and distorted....I would say it is one-sided and biased and illustrats political agenda of the author of this thread (as he explained his take on Russia in his post on this page)...Every country has its disadventages, but picking ONLY ugly side of it and what is even more disgusting - mocking about it in sarcastic inscriptions under picks-it is absolutelly contrary to politics of this site (as it is stated in rules and conditions). Thanks God there are a lot of other threads about Moscow and other Russian cities here.

You saw what you wanted to see. There are three or four pics of commieblocks in this thread (btw, what's wrong with commieblocks ? I still don't understand) and dozens of pics of Moscow subway and the Red Square.
You are not the owner of your country image. Everyone has the right to take pics of it, even of the sides that you don't want other people to see.

Oh, and what is, above all, contrary to the politics of this site is creating multiple accounts in order to troll in a thread. On the contrary, putting some humour in the pic's descriptions has never been forbidden.
Proof : you are the one who has been banned a first time, not me.

FYI, some of my other threads with tons of pics of commieblocks. :
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...374&highlight=
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...434&highlight=
Those are located in France... I probably wanted to humilate my own country, under your logic.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:07 PM   #49
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2773

Quote:
By the way I wonder what would be your picks from Berlin (taking into account your pics of Moscow are so much with your dressing in CCCP t-shirt and Soviet military hat and near the monuments of Lenin,Marx etc?- would you pose in nazi uniform there? - majority of Russians have said good buy for their past as commies have only 12% of vote in Russia,.
Well in Germany they don't sell trinklets of Nazis or Hilter, nor vote +10% for Nazi-esque parties, nor still have any vestages of statues or commerations symbolizing those leaders from that era and Stail still rates rather high in terms of the esteem of Russians today so I think your analogy is rather BS. That is fine, you don't have to treat your history the exact same way the Germans do theirs but don't go on and try to pull the wool over other peoples eyes that you do when it is clear your society doesn't.

Clearly Russians don't feel nearly the shame or repugnancy to the same degree as Germans do from their less noble era's.

Photo threads often highlight what is most representative or noteworthy about a place. Why anyone thinks that car dealerships or restaurants be vital to that end I am not sure.

This paranoid Russian idea that GM payed thousands of dollars to go to Russia only to humiliate and denegrate Russia is off the charts stupid and frankly just paints the Russians making the accusations in a highly insecure and pathetic light.

Last edited by nomarandlee; November 2nd, 2010 at 02:21 PM.
nomarandlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:07 PM   #50
GammaHamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
This paranoid Russian idea that GM payed thousands of dollars to go to Russia only to humiliate and denegrate Russia is off the charts stupid and frankly just paints the Russians making the accusations in a highly insecure and pathetic light.
Explanation is much simplier - GM is bad photographer who cannot choose good materials for his photos and photos themselves are of poor quality on top of that. That results in a photo report that does not do justice to places he visits. The problem is not that he posted commieblocks, the problem is that he missed everything else.

Quote:
Photo threads often highlight what is most representative or noteworthy about a place. Why anyone thinks that car dealerships or restaurants be vital to that end I am not sure.
"Highlight"? "Most representative"? It seems to me you missed this part of GM's position:

Quote:
Because I love reality...
You see, it's reality! It's not brief report highligthing something or showing most representative parts, it's reality.
When you are claiming to show reality and attack anyone who doubts you, then it is pretty vital not to forget restaurants, car dealership and markets, becasuse they are as much parts of reality as commieblocks and forests.

I am not aware of any "you don't post in photothreads you don't like" tradition, but if there is one, then it's negative influence is apparent. Just look at GM and yourself: so used to forumers just spaming meaningless posts like "awesome photos" and "great thread" that you assume anybody posting his honest opinion about a bad batch of photos is "paranoid", "insecure" and "pathetic".

Btw, your attack against russians was completely unnecessary and flame provoking. Againg i am not aware of any "you don't post in photothreads you don't like" rules, but i am aware of "don't start country vs country fights" rule.
Seriuosly, try to come up with better argument than "people in Russia are pathetic".

Last edited by GammaHamster; November 2nd, 2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:54 PM   #51
GM
Vivre haut

Quote:
Btw, your attack against russians was completely unnecessary and flame provoking. Againg i am not aware of any "you don't post in photothreads you don't like" rules, but i am aware of "don't start country vs country fights" rule.
Seriuosly, try to come up with better argument than "people in Russia are pathetic".
Attack against Russian people now !???
Where !?
What's the point of accusing me of such nonsense things ?

And "Pathetic" ? I haven't even used that word, but it's true that it's pathetic to create multiple accounts like that guy who managed to get banned two times just by posting paranoid and excessive comments on my thread.

I am glad that most people, including several Russians, have enjoyed this thread though. But it's a pity that someone who didn't enjoy it thought he had the right to create multiple accounts in order to flood it and make his own opinion appear like the prevalent one.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:08 PM   #52
alekssa1

Likes (Received): 1800

GM takes pictures of everything he sees. When I been to Moscow, I also saw many of those things he showed. Many of bad things (including homeless people and homeless dogs GM did not even take), and many of good things (beautiful metro, squares, avenues, skyscrapers one could take pictures of much better than GM who's amateur). We actually can see that in any country and city. Me and most of people try to show good things, try to take pictures of good quality (as far as they can do it). If GM can't do that...

If only you people could see the other side of other megacities or other places, you'd realize GM's other side of Moscow is... even more or less nice

Regards
alekssa1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:59 PM   #53
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2773

Quote:
Explanation is much simplier - GM is bad photographer who cannot choose good materials for his photos and photos themselves are of poor quality on top of that.
Everyone is entitled to their small and bitter derived opinions including yourself.
I think his photos are of respectable quality.
Quote:
That results in a photo report that does not do justice to places he visits. The problem is not that he posted commie blocks, the problem is that he missed everything else.
The mundane crap you insisted he show to show "balance" are frankly mundane crap found most places and would be expected to be found in western Russia as well as most elsewhere and as such there would be no need to document them.

You really want people to fill their threads of Europe, South America, or North America with typical restaurants and the local BMW dealership? While it is nice such things awe you but I hate to break the news that much of the world has long ago moved beyond the idea of thinking such typical places as anything other then mundane background. These are things that the vast majority don't find interesting and which fail to convey a sense of place!

He didn't seemingly go out of his way to take photos of the most dilapidated or undignified places he could find in Moscow/Russia and he highlighted some of Moscow's best aspects (metro, Red Square, #44). I think it is you who is being unreasonable here. If you are embarrassed by what is conspicuously Russian don't get mad at the messenger.
Quote:
"great thread" that you assume anybody posting his honest opinion about a bad batch of photos is "paranoid", "insecure" and "pathetic".
It is not bad to post a dissenting opinion but yours and some of other Russians here have a strain of nationalism, face saving mechanism, and insecurity that makes you lash out at those who are no way attempting to denigrate or slight your nation. THAT is pathetic.
Quote:
Btw, your attack against russians was completely unnecessary and flame provoking. Againg i am not aware of any "you don't post in photothreads you don't like" rules, but i am aware of "don't start country vs country fights" rule.".Seriuosly, try to come up with better argument than "people in Russia are pathetic"
"Russians are pathetic" was never said and so its so very low and gross that you would attempt to go the "anti-Russian" route. I said "the Russians making the accusations are pathetic". Unless over +100 million Russians have flooded this thread making accusation it is obvious that the point was directed towards yourself and other deranged Russians in this thread specifically making multiple accounts and throwing nonsensical fits.

Last edited by nomarandlee; November 4th, 2010 at 04:39 AM.
nomarandlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #54
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 921

I can't believe this thread is getting ruined by insecure people with an inferiority complex.

this is a very interesting post (well actually the whole series) with many great pics of russia (among others). I don't think GM's photos are showing russia in a negative way. they're showing a very colorful and diverse country. the only people which make russia look bad here are those complaining about GM's contribution in a very rude way.
Old November 4th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #55
GammaHamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
the only people which make russia look bad here are those complaining about GM's contribution in a very rude way.
Please, do complement your post with proof of "complaining in a very rude way" by me. Go on, just quote those rude parts of my posts.

I, for example, can show you how polite my opponets are:

Quote:
deranged Russians
Quote:
nonsensical fits
Quote:
paranoid Russian
Quote:
insecure and pathetic
Quote:
You are paranoid, you need help.
In short, a stream of ad-hominem and nationality based attacks just for asking not to present authors subjective view as reality.

This "you are _insert nationality here_ so you are wrong" is one of the silliest arguing technics on the net. I have no idea why people from "leave Britney, oh sorry, GM alone" crew think that appealing to opponent's nationality is such a great argument.

Stop it, i am much more concerned with GM's and his support crew disgusting bahaviour than image of my country, so can we please get over it.

Quote:
I can't believe this thread is getting ruined by insecure people with an inferiority
Dude, GM already posted his photos, there will be no more material in this thread as he is using new thread for next part of his journey, anything else in this thread will be comments to his photos. So i take it that you think posting anything else other than "great thread, post count + 1" spam is "ruining the thread". Thats hillarious.

Last edited by GammaHamster; November 4th, 2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old November 4th, 2010, 01:28 AM   #56
GammaHamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
The mundane crap you insisted he show to show "balance" are frankly mundane crap found most places and would be expected to be found in western Russia and as such there would be no need.
You really want people to fill their threads of Europe, South America, or North America with typical restaurants and the local BMW dealership? While it is nice such things awe you but I hate to break it to you that much of the world has long ago moved beyond the idea of thinking such typical places as anything other then mundane background. These are things that the vast majority don't find interesting and fail fail to convey a sense of place!
You are not even reading my posts. Try reading my posts, focus on the word "reality". And, please, try to come up with something better than another ad-hominem attack.
Old November 4th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #57
Jonesy55
Mooderator

Likes (Received): 20319

Awesome photos, great thread!
Jonesy55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #58
jutinyoung
amazing.young

Likes (Received): 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmo1 View Post
maybe it is hard to enjoy photos inscriptions to which reveal attempt to insult the nation presented by those photos? Personally I can't enjoy attempts of humiliation of any nation or race or country or ethnic group. There may be any kind of photos here, but inscriptions should not be arrogant or sarcastic (as mentioned by some posters)-some other threads of this author are of the same kind unfortunatelly.
well, i don't````ok maybe my english really need some improvement and i can't understand you very well, let's make it straight, i did not see any insult words here, i mean i didn't see it with my eyes, and i didn't see it with my mind too, and i'm sure i am "in" my mind, i don't know, i think the pix of moscow are very beautiful, be honestly i really like them, i think what people feel about the same scene is depend on their experience and notion, just like we used to consider the ancient construction in beijing are very ugly, and we delimited them as the representation of feudalism and oppression, but now many cities in china are tring to recovery some blocks to their Original style to attract tourist, Yes, some times moscow it not very modern(dispite it's stunning cbd) , but modern is not the only reason for beatutiful is't it? the city is unique and mysterious, and the pix remember me some amazing memory of russia, i think that's enough for me to enjoy it, so i didn't find this author of what kind at least in this thread, maybe i'm not a person very good at "find"

I'm not a racist but i have to admit that countries and ethics did have some difference, just like any movement of china will be conside as omen of invade by indian, and many chinese compony are treated inequality by local gov, i likeand respect india and i hope to travel in india so badly but it's so hard for chinese to get a indian visa, i don't think indian reaction overly to china's "invade" and English ' "discrimination" is because they are narrow mind and sensitive, i believe it's up to their experience , and their way of thinking, and this is a very important difference between countries and enthnics

trust me, you don't wanna miss it:

the asian giant's stunning face --chinese skylines collection

it deserves your click and reply:.
European Cities Skylines

Last edited by jutinyoung; November 6th, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
jutinyoung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 02:54 AM   #59
zmeyplissken

Likes (Received): 113

some pejorative remarks here about russia but a nice photos anyway.
zmeyplissken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 06:16 AM   #60
Linguine
leisure cook

Likes (Received): 3939

Updates please....

Tags
transsiberian