daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2011, 06:45 AM   #61
orangutangulis

Likes (Received): 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post

The great difference between Berlin and Moscow is that in Berlin you don't find souvenir shops selling nazis uniforms at all streets corners, contrary to Moscow with CCCP T-shirt and tons of other soviet stuff... Moreover they don't have any Hitler statue in Berlin contrary to the numerous Karl Marx or Lenin statues that we can see in Russian cities.
So don't blame me for the parts of Russia's history that you refuse to assume, and for the urban landscape that you refuse to see.

I can't resist to note that in Paris one also can buy those CCCP T-shirts and other soviet-type trinkets at some places - including Che Gevara T-shirts etc...I think, GM, your opponent was indeed irritated with your sarcastic comments under photos - look, there are a lot of countries with difficult history ( actually ALL countries had some bad pages in the past) - but can you imagine a thread about your Paris for example - which would be sarcastic about all the places connected to Napoleon -a lot of europeans were not happy about the guy. French revolution was a bloody thing, yet your national anthem is the song of French revolution with all its terror and mass executions etc.etc... I would deleate sarcastic inscriptions under your photos, frankly, but ofcource it is up to you.....As for photos - to say wether they are biased or it is just your style one need to see your photos of your native city - if you provide links, we can judge - so far, ofcource all the other threads on Moscow at this site are more colourfull then yours.
orangutangulis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2011, 11:30 AM   #62
GM
Vivre haut

Likes (Received): 6157

Here are the updates :

From Moscow to Beijing by train (pics from 2010) :
Moscow
Across Siberia
The Great Baïkal
Going to Mongolia !
Ulan Bator and the surroundings
Experiencing the Gobi desert
Welcome to China !

Siberia from North to East (pics from 2011) :
Norilsk
Dudinka
Along the Yenisei
Yeniseisk and Podtesovo
Krasnoyarsk
On the train, again
Khabarovsk
Vladivostok
GM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:41 PM   #63
zmeyplissken

Likes (Received): 113

thx... greatly appreciated. very unique and informative threads even for a russian
zmeyplissken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #64
GM
Vivre haut

Likes (Received): 6157

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangutangulis View Post
As for photos - to say wether they are biased or it is just your style one need to see your photos of your native city - if you provide links, we can judge - so far, ofcource all the other threads on Moscow at this site are more colourfull then yours.
Pics are always biased. Take two guys who go on the same trip and each one will come back with totally different pics than the other.
If you want to see my threads about my native country (you could have checked on my profile), here are some links :

Cranes, decay and graffiti along the Loire river in Nantes
Portrait of a French town : Paimboeuf (pop. : 3,093)
Paris, gloomy day over La Défense's outskirsts.
Nanterre Parc sous la neige (Tours Aillaud et autres...)
Gigantesque. HLMesque. Le Sillon de Bretagne (photos).
Quelques photos de la Réunion

You can also check my other threads about Russia, Siberia, Mongolia or China (see my post 62), but I can't guarantee you they will be enough colourful for your taste.
So enjoy them for what they are.
GM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #65
orangutangulis

Likes (Received): 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Pics are always biased. Take two guys who go on the same trip and each one will come back with totally different pics than the other.
If you want to see my threads about my native country (you could have checked on my profile), here are some links :

You can also check my other threads about Russia, Siberia, Mongolia or China (see my post 62), but I can't guarantee you they will be enough colourful for your taste.
So enjoy them for what they are.
Well, I checked your links - indeed, you are not biased against Russia as you managed to present even your native France like kind of delapidated provincial place in Romania or some other underdeveloped place - but I don't understand - WHY? - I never liked La Defance (as in my opinion it looks not bad only from helicopter), but you presented it as a pretencious and tasteless slum - do you have this conception of it? or what?...As for this small French city, it is indeed the same depressing in your presentation as I think about those little places in France. In contrast to the same size towns in Finland (for example) French managed to make a place even more depressing, then it would be if it didn't exist at all - I atribute it to old age of houses in French little towns while in Finland such places are modern and allways super clean and upscale...Can you explain yourself a bit - why do you concentrate your attention at those sides of reality? There are a lot of threads about Paris on this forum and NONE of those looks like yours. So the question is - why?

Last edited by orangutangulis; October 24th, 2011 at 10:33 PM.
orangutangulis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
transsiberian