search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Uganda

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 12th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #1
sseki2010
saykir

Likes (Received): 289

The first ever African made aircraft being built in Uganda

A Ugandan is building a first aircraft built by an African in Uganda

the team with CNN broadcast team which had come to capture the project.

Welcome to the African Space Research Program As its refered to as.This is an association located in Uganda with a core representation in Dallas/Ft which handles all international matters outside Africa. Our association has over sixty thousand members; it is a non profit association dedicated towards conducting space science basing on African soils. In this association we can manufacture high flying aircrafts, satellites, and space shuttles to enable the African Space Research Program (ASRP) conduct research at the furthest points of our solar system & galaxy to say!

Objective:

Our main objective is finding life in our solar system, & neighboring solar systems.
This isn’t about money, it is about human-kind life & dignity, this is about Africa joining the struggle of finding Earth-like planets, this is about setting a core base foundation for our future generations to come.
We will deploy projects in our solar neighborhood, projects we don’t expect to return back to Earth in our generation, however our descendants will benefit from such projects because they will return back in theirestimated time, and this is the best gift folks we can give our future generations; To come By year 2013 we will launch our first satellite, destination: Titan to take over a year cruising towards a lunar which is Earth-like next to planet Saturn.

http://ugandanway.com/asrp/news.php

AFRICAN SKYHAWK

Aircraft Name: African Skyhawk
Estimated Max Weight:
620kg
Estimated Takeoff weight: 1000kg
Estimated Cruise Speed: 930km/h (over 450knots)
Maximum Cruise Distance: 3100km
Maximum Cruise Altitude: 80000ft
Purpose: Astronomical Research
Fuel Type: 100LL Jet fuel
Number Of Persons On Board: 1 pilot, 1 researcher
Safety Features: Manual Eject system, and sea landing
Wing Specifics: Span: 31ft, Cord: 3.5ft
Estimated Takeoff speed: 120km/h

http://ugandanway.com/asrp/page.php?8

Founder
Founder Of ASRP

The founder of ASRP is called Chris Matovu Nsamba formally part of the U.S Marines.
He is the founder/CEO/Association president of the first Advanced African Space Research Program. He attended Primary/Elementary at Shimoni Demonstration, and the rest of his education was hosted in U.S.
His Father was a former attorney general in Uganda by the names of Matthias Matovu owning a partnership firm which was known as Mugerwa Matovu advocates in diamond trust.
His mother’s names are Sarah Nalubwama formerly employed in Coffee Marketing Board.

Message From The CEO

At ASRP happiness is not about wealth, to me happiness is about human destiny, am not commanding this association on payroll status, am commanding it because of what I like doing best.
If today you were to ask me, making me the richest man in the world, and offering me materials to build a spaceship to deploy a person on planet Mars or lunar Titan which one do I choose? I would choose materials, because if we visit other planets, the knowledge we will acquire from their; the evidence, the honors, money can’t buy.
Ladies & Gentlemen, in today’s generation, we’re the ones to set grounds for our future young ones; that’s the best gift we can pass on to them.
The majority run a rude lifestyle, they don’t mind about their future generations, they only mind on how heavy their accounts weigh, but guess what, if you die, you will be one of the poorest persons, "Even a begger will be richer than you because he/she will have life and when you don't" so will you be considered useless because you made no contribution towards humanity.
Life is like oil in a lamp, when oil runs out, you die, "it is up to you to find the door out of the cave while you still got oil". The only way you can stay more than rich while your dead is by offering services which will help the future while you still have life. Life is not about me alone, to me, life is about you all including our future generations; by doing the best for humanity, your name will be sounded off for generations!
At ASRP life is not about wealth, it is about honors & dignity, all of you folks who think in the same criteria are welcome to join us and we thrust man-kind further, and i do Salute Nasa & the Asian Space Research Centers for the efforts they have done; As one we will reach the furthest points of our galaxy one day!
Thank you!

Chris Matovu Nsamba (CEO African Space Research Program)

http://ugandanway.com/asrp/page.php?3
sseki2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #2
JohanSA

Likes (Received): 454

WTF lol Africa has built and designed many many aircraft , helicopters , rockets . This is probably an achievement for Uganda but certainly not anywhere else...
And uhm this sounds like a load of hocus pocus . It even has a alienhead logo lmao.
Twitter, Instagram : @JohanTTBlom
JohanSA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #3
screenshotartist
Engineer

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanSA View Post
WTF lol Africa has built and designed many many aircraft , helicopters , rockets . This is probably an achievement for Uganda but certainly not anywhere else...
And uhm this sounds like a load of hocus pocus . It even has a alienhead logo lmao.

Yes the title is deceiving.

The Thread starter wanted to make Uganda seem insignificant by this achievement but it has been done multiple times. In some other ways make Africans seem dumb by saying "By the brain of an African".

I have to say Congratulations to the man behind the project and Uganda but the thread starter trying to make Uganda shine above all = FAIL

Africa needs more like minded to this man behind the project
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #4
evany
skxawng by tsu'tey

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanSA View Post
humm I guess you are from South Africa right????....oh yes... you are
evany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:59 AM   #5
JohanSA

Likes (Received): 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by evany View Post
humm I guess you are from South Africa right????....oh yes... you are
Yes what gave it away ? Mayby the SA ( South Africa ) in my username or the fact that my location is set to CAPE TOWN!
Twitter, Instagram : @JohanTTBlom
JohanSA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #6
CologneOujda

Likes (Received): 3

Isn't he american? He is a US Marine!
Quote:
He is the founder/CEO/Association president of the first Advanced African Space Research Program.
loooool
CologneOujda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #7
A Darter

So I spent 5 minutes trying to understand the title , then I choke on my coke after seeing the pics . Then I tried to actually read the article.....either this is a practical joke, or these people are seriously fooling themselves
A Darter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #8
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 1090

these people are outdated they live in the 12th century. I'm surprised they are able to pull out one aircraft without updates from people around them.
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #9
silence us

Likes (Received): 1298

these guys are self taught, think they deserv much more credit than they are getting, they are building a space station in the bushes
p.s
how am i not surprised that arrogant south africans are in here
silence us no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #10
CologneOujda

Likes (Received): 3

He wants to build this

Quote:
these guys are self taught, think they deserv much more credit than they are getting, they are building a space station in the bushes
So what?
Someone who doesn't know that other african countries have built aircrafts and have space research and thinks that he's the first to do that doesn't deserve credit!
CologneOujda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #11
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 1090

I mean honestly there population is growing at 3% and and life exp is about 50 years and 35% under poverty line and they thinking about spending billions in such industry?
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #12
A Darter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence us View Post
p.s
how am i not surprised that arrogant south africans are in here
It's not arrogance, it reality.

Anyone with a basic understanding of airfoils, and fluid flow understands that a wing profile like this

will NEVER fly at 930km/h. You'll need a swept wing.

They're obviously trying to make their plane some sort of composite. But assembling it out in the open, with sand everywhere? You need specific conditions for parts to set. Look at the space left for the engine. Only a lawnmower engine will fit there, but they still expect to travel at 930km/h?

Maximum cruise altitude of 80 000 ft? Really? Considering the world record for height by an air-breathing aircraft (not a rocket) was 85,135 feet. It was set in an SR-71 Blackbird in 1976. An aircraft that America's best scientists and engineers spend years working on, in secret. So you really think this excuse of an aircraft will come close?

This is the time of "African technology" that makes me cringe when we try and show it off to the world, because it's exactly what they were expecting.
As I said, if this isn't some kind of joke, then these guys are fooling themselves big time.
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #13
silence us

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAbd0o View Post
I mean honestly there population is growing at 3% and and life exp is about 50 years and 35% under poverty line and they thinking about spending billions in such industry?
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #14
Zolozai

Likes (Received): 105

This looks like a joke, This thing will definitely never fly as far as 10 meters ... and still im doubting
Zolozai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #15
Shaka-M-14
Booty Master!

Likes (Received): 1

ghetto ass plane. I wouldn't let my dog fly a few inches in that even if you payed me.
Shaka-M-14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #16
silence us

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Darter View Post
It's not arrogance, it reality.

Anyone with a basic understanding of airfoils, and fluid flow understands that a wing profile like this

will NEVER fly at 930km/h. You'll need a swept wing.

They're obviously trying to make their plane some sort of composite. But assembling it out in the open, with sand everywhere? You need specific conditions for parts to set. Look at the space left for the engine. Only a lawnmower engine will fit there, but they still expect to travel at 930km/h?

Maximum cruise altitude of 80 000 ft? Really? Considering the world record for height by an air-breathing aircraft (not a rocket) was 85,135 feet. It was set in an SR-71 Blackbird in 1976. An aircraft that America's best scientists and engineers spend years working on, in secret. So you really think this excuse of an aircraft will come close?

This is the time of "African technology" that makes me cringe when we try and show it off to the world, because it's exactly what they were expecting.
As I said, if this isn't some kind of joke, then these guys are fooling themselves big time.
those guys are not trained let alone rich
use common sense, for once
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #17
A Darter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence us View Post
those guys are not trained let alone rich
use common sense, for once
Then tell your friends that they should train and educate themselves first, before they step onto a world stage and make fools of themselves. They should just wrap this project up now, and start again in 2025 because its embarassing....to say the least.

I can only commend their efforts in WANTING to design and build something, thats all....
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #18
sseki2010
saykir

Likes (Received): 289

You know there is one problem with Africans, when a fellow African brings out an idea which in future may benefit all, they try to envy and even hate on them, When the Japanese saw how good technology was, they spent all their farm outputs from Agriculture and took their children to America to study, when the Japanese returned home they learnt alot and they used the knowledge they had got to teach others not only those from Japan but all neigbouring China, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, South Korea and many others, they didnt discriminate and even they didnt sit on their knowledge they had acquired in America, When Africans went to America, they used the tuition money to buy blings, bought baseball caps and sung hiphop, when they returned to Africa, they masquareded on their fellow Africans how they had American style, bought cars with Tint so dat villagers dont beg them money, the ones who joined Politics embezzled money and ven their children separated other children, they become tribalists and stole all their country treasuries.
Africans are one group of people who are not happi of others achievement, when it comes to giving a job he rather gives it another race than giving it to a fellow black,,............
i laugh at my beloved Africa, i cry......
sseki2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #19
A Darter

^ your post is a FAIL, which is actually kinda making me angry for some reason . The lovely Japanese/African story you told wont change that....
Old October 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #20
silence us

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Darter View Post
aye, stop hating and start appreciating