daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 30th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #221
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

Likes (Received): 80

Guyz...... no need to respond nor defend. This guy with bad spelling skills and coherent sentence disability is a troll.

sample post

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamuk1 View Post
There seems to be mis information here regarding Ayala Abreeza lot area

There is 1 Mall (opens May)
There is 2 BDO buildings
There is 1 Boutique Hotel (12 floors)
There is 1 residentual tower (31 floors) Alveo
370 appartments stuidos will be 2.5m

Thats it! No other buidlings will be on the site.
This guy is checking in to my ignore list.....
Wadaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2011, 03:52 AM   #222
Mr. Davao
Royal Connection

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamuk1 View Post
What suprized me when i visited Northpoint is the quality of the fittings for the CR they are cheap! cheap cheap, they are selling themselves as a upmarket brand, i really dont see it. I went to Maa to see the condos at palmeta place CR fittlings top of the range.

Another observation with condos as a whole in Davao they seem to be set at Manila prices and even the size is smaller. This has really put me off buying.

Further regarding Northpoint with so many condos going up in that small area i worked out you will have circa up to 3000 peoples living there on top of each other, Imagine the traffic imagine trying to have a swim. The so called gym is a room about 5 sq meters with 4 peices of apparatus and a few weights! Really waste of time.

No thants great location but not for me....At the most you should have 3 blocks i have been told there will be 7!!
Kuya, im sorry to tell you this but your English grammar is too poor. I know your point about the condominiums here in davao. But you should take into consideration that this thread is internationally seen by the forumers outside in the philippines. Please observe english grammar clearly and precisely. OK?
Old April 18th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #223
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

Abreeza Mall
Opens May 12, 2011

Exterior

Old April 18th, 2011, 04:10 AM   #224
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

Abreeza Mall
Opens May 12, 2011

Interior

Old April 18th, 2011, 04:24 AM   #225
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

Abreeza Ayala Business Complex
Other Developments

pics by Jogavils

Abreeza Residence [33F]
Grand Launching May 12, 2011

Kukun Boutique Hotel [9F]
Under Construction

BPO Buildings
Under Construction

BPO Building and Kukun Hotel Construction Activities

Last edited by Wadaboy; April 18th, 2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #226
Manilafoodcritic
ManilaFoodCritic

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaboy View Post
CAMELLA NORTHPOINT 3RD BLDG
Hi there, during my last visit to Davao, I was able to meet the family who used to live in that 'mansion' during the 70s. That 'mansion' was also used as an HQ of the Japanese during World War II. After the war, it was bought by the Ker Company. Their manager lived in that house for several years. He and his family said that house was haunted. Everyday they would hear mysterious footsteps, voices and knocks on doors. Some even saw apparitions of an old American soldier. They even tell of security guards not staying on duty after seeing Japanese solders marching through the compound. I'm not sure if you've heard of this story but those who've lived in this house would tell of the same stories.
Manilafoodcritic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #227
Manilafoodcritic
ManilaFoodCritic

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
CAMELLA NORTHPOINT 3RD BLDG
Hi there, during my last visit to Davao, I was able to meet the family who used to live in that 'mansion' on the hill during the 70s. I'm unsure if you guys have seen that big white house of the hill where the Camella Northpoint is being built. Anyway, here's the story. That 'mansion' was also used as an HQ of the Japanese during World War II. After the war, it was bought by the Ker Company. Their manager lived in that house for several years. He and his family said that house was haunted. Everyday they would hear mysterious footsteps, voices and knocks on doors. Some even saw apparitions of an old American soldier. They even tell of security guards not staying on duty after seeing Japanese solders marching through the compound. I'm not sure if you've heard of this story but those who've lived in this house would tell of the same stories. I hope they won't destroy that house. Haunted as it may be, it's still a relic of the old times, one of the few remaining marks of Davao history.
Manilafoodcritic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #228
ryairyan
Captain-RN

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Abreeza Ayala Business Complex
Other Developments

pics by Jogavils

Abreeza Residence [33F]
Grand Launching May 12, 2011

Kukun Boutique Hotel [9F]
Under Construction

BPO Buildings
Under Construction

BPO Building and Kukun Hotel Construction Activities

thanks sa mga updates! hehehe...ma-apas naman jud ata ang may 12...hehehe...sadly naa'y 5 ata ka trabahante sa asia glass na na samad habang naga taod ug glass sa abreeza..hm...pro ok naman sila...
Old April 19th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #229
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

Sorry. but in this thread I can't understand bisaya...can you speak in English?
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:55 AM   #230
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

Camella Northpoint Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasticity View Post
I'm not sure if it's new pictures (pero added today lang sa kanyang FB) but this is the second building (sold out)

Some other pictures

Old April 20th, 2011, 04:13 AM   #231
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

SM Lanang Shopping Mall

Quote:
Originally Posted by WawaY[625] View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodincouch View Post
SM Lanang construction
Photos by Bernardo Agulo
April 2, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaTRIBU View Post
SM City Lanang
as of April 9, 2011

Old April 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #232
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

SM ECOLAND EXPANSION
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodincouch View Post
SM Ecoland expansion: April 20, 2011

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by Wadaboy; April 21st, 2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:54 AM   #233
Dakpa ang akong tiil
Wer Da Feet?

Likes (Received): 4

cant wait to see the final rendering of SM Lanang, hope it'll b shown here soon.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:27 AM   #234
r0mm3l

Likes (Received): 33

great updates.., im excited for more developments to my beloved city..,
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #235
davaobred
In the brig

Likes (Received): 49

hi my fellow dabawenyos...first time q mag post dito sa ssc but been following it for months now.

I'm so excited na sa abreeza...i live in cabaguio lang kc super lapit lang. one ride away lang pwede pa gani maglakad. a few weeks away nlng opening ni. sana me pera ako sa araw n yan..

And even when excitement dies down after abreeza opens, SM Lanang will open in a not so distant future..so never-ending ang excitement..tapos lapit lang p jud ng SM sa workplace q na Damosa..a stone's throw away lng.

kainis lng kc wala aq camera..hehehe poor kc aq..so guys don't stop posting updates here.
davaobred no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #236
davaobred
In the brig

Likes (Received): 49

Is the 33 floors abreeza condo a GO? Sana talaga. I hope it will start a chain reaction. Para mgkaroon tau ng iilan pang mga 30up na buildings. Para tumigil na iba jan kakapilit that Davao isn't growing. But I also hope the chain reaction won't be too long. I don't want to see too many highrises in our city. I prefer the LA style urbanity over New York's though I've never been to both. Given our geography, LA is the better model for Davao or better yet, though far-fetched, London.

I thought it funny for some people to say that Davao is not growing because there aren't a lot of highrises standing or being built here. Of course there aren't because Davao is growing side ways, it's sprawling. Unlike in some land stricken cities where one would only have to climb to the top of the tallest building to see the entire city, in Davao one would have to conquer Mt. Apo to appreciate fully how big the city is. Because of Davao's massive area, one has to be in the site where the development is to see it. You can't just "look" around you have to "go" around. Most development now in Davao and in the other small city is residential. There they're building highrise condos whereas here there building subdivisions. Of course the condos are more visible if all you do is look up. Subdivisions are less visible but they are a sign of growth too. It's in fact a better sign. Condos no matter how high end are just spaces inside a building fitted to look like a house. They are built for convenience. I've never lived in one but even if I have I don't think I'd ever call condo home. A home should be a house. That's where Davao comes on top. Most people here live in a house they can call home.

Pero ako kc poor lng. Sa boarding house lng nkatira...hehehehehe
davaobred no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #237
Yre
BANNED

Just a reminder to you goys, please refrain posting in our vernacular.
You can do it in the local threads but not here.
Yre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #238
cnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaobred View Post
I thought it funny for some people to say that Davao is not growing because there aren't a lot of highrises standing or being built here. Of course there aren't because Davao is growing side ways, it's sprawling. Unlike in some land stricken cities where one would only have to climb to the top of the tallest building to see the entire city, in Davao one would have to conquer Mt. Apo to appreciate fully how big the city is. Because of Davao's massive area, one has to be in the site where the development is to see it. You can't just "look" around you have to "go" around. Most development now in Davao and in the other small city is residential. There they're building highrise condos whereas here there building subdivisions. Of course the condos are more visible if all you do is look up.
isn't it about time that we stop encouraging rampant urban sprawl and encourage more vertical and compact growth ? look at how ugly metro manila became, not even a hint of green belt (mall lang ang green belt )
cnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #239
kenken94
Lord Amandil Lopez V

Likes (Received): 57

That's mostly the case if you have 7,107 pretty small islands and a population at a dazzling 98 Million. We're an overcrowded archipelago you know. And what's more, this 98 million people are not really scattered across these 7000+ islands. They're just concentrated on a few larger islands that's why we so many HUC's here.

Davao should take advantage of it's massive area. Develop more greeneries. We learnt a lesson looking at how Manila is right now. It already has a population of more than a million and sure enough, it'll surge further as economic activity in the City rises. More people will be attracted to migrate to DVO and so now is the best chance to properly zone out green areas, residential areas and commercial centers so that we can achieve a smoother pattern of growth.
"Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events."

- Sir Winston Churchill
kenken94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #240
henji
Davao Now

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Abreeza Mall
Opens May 12, 2011

Interior

permission to post in my fb account..