daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #241
davaobred
In the brig

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken94 View Post
That's mostly the case if you have 7,107 pretty small islands and a population at a dazzling 98 Million. We're an overcrowded archipelago you know. And what's more, this 98 million people are not really scattered across these 7000+ islands. They're just concentrated on a few larger islands that's why we so many HUC's here.

Davao should take advantage of it's massive area. Develop more greeneries. We learnt a lesson looking at how Manila is right now. It already has a population of more than a million and sure enough, it'll surge further as economic activity in the City rises. More people will be attracted to migrate to DVO and so now is the best chance to properly zone out green areas, residential areas and commercial centers so that we can achieve a smoother pattern of growth.
I say TOUCHE angkol..mao pud..I guess I'm just wary about this economic boom in Davao today. Not that I don't like it but, i don't know. A part of me says that this is not right. But it's just a part of me. Not the whole me. Anyway, good luck nalang natong taga Davao. I hope all of this is for the better.

Ambot lang ui..Idol lang jud cguro nako ang Europe..way daghan high rise pero datu..sosyal..hehehe. Tama pud ka sa population dapat lng jud daghan highrise para daghan pa greeneries..Pero kung ako lng masunod I would cut the damn population in half in a generation's time..make that 98m to 50m..hehehe..backwards ra keu ko..
davaobred no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #242
[email protected]
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

orocan alert!
b@dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #243
davaobred
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
orocan alert!
Hindi ako yon ha..FBD ni..Full-blooded Dabawenyo ni..hapit nako magkipagpatay didto sa lain na thread all for the love of Davao.
Old April 30th, 2011, 04:34 AM   #244
Thebawenyo

Likes (Received): 6

Davao Sea port...with cranes......
image hosted on flickr
Old April 30th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #245
kenken94
Lord Amandil Lopez V

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaobred View Post
I say TOUCHE angkol..mao pud..I guess I'm just wary about this economic boom in Davao today. Not that I don't like it but, i don't know. A part of me says that this is not right. But it's just a part of me. Not the whole me. Anyway, good luck nalang natong taga Davao. I hope all of this is for the better.

Ambot lang ui..Idol lang jud cguro nako ang Europe..way daghan high rise pero datu..sosyal..hehehe. Tama pud ka sa population dapat lng jud daghan highrise para daghan pa greeneries..Pero kung ako lng masunod I would cut the damn population in half in a generation's time..make that 98m to 50m..hehehe..backwards ra keu ko..
I like how European cities are set up but I guess we have to face the fact that we are a modern day city. Davao should embrace whatever blessing it is given and one of that is the surge of investments especially in terms of projects that will definitely make it's uniqueness more elaborate. There's always beauty in modernity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
orocan alert!
Quote:
Hindi ako yon ha..FBD ni..Full-blooded Dabawenyo ni..hapit nako magkipagpatay didto sa lain na thread all for the love of Davao.
@ [email protected], he just answered your doubt. Anyway, he is also a member of another forum. ehehe. I noticed his username are just the same. Though, I haven't opened that thread yet.
"Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events."

- Sir Winston Churchill
kenken94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #246
davaobred
In the brig

Hinoon pud..I'm excited for the investments pouring in davao today. But every time i see trees felled to pave the way for buildings I can't help but feel a great remorse. Bugat akong dughan ambot ngano..I hope and pray nlng that all of this is for the better.

And yes angkol isa lng ako username in different forums. Ayaw nlng to basaha akong comment didto kol kay pirti raba nkong pangaway didto. pero ng sorry n man ko..nashock lng jud ko ato..hehehehe
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:34 PM   #247
[email protected]
BANNED

Quote:
Hinoon pud..I'm excited for the investments pouring in davao today. But every time i see trees felled to pave the way for buildings I can't help but feel a great remorse. Bugat akong dughan ambot ngano..I hope and pray nlng that all of this is for the better.

And yes angkol isa lng ako username in different forums. Ayaw nlng to basaha akong comment didto kol kay pirti raba nkong pangaway didto. pero ng sorry n man ko..nashock lng jud ko ato..hehehehe
i send you a pm.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM   #248
[email protected]
BANNED

Quote:
i send you a pm
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #249
shaKEIRa
The GODDESS

Likes (Received): 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebawenyo View Post
Davao Sea port...with cranes......
image hosted on flickr
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM   #250
NOVO ECIJANO
BANNED

Likes (Received): 149

SM CITY LANANG[MIX/UC]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethirtysixth View Post
SM LANANG'S NEW INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR (Photo Source: Point Design Website)

SM CITY LANANG[MIX/UC]

Photo Source: http://pointdesigninc.com/EN/work/in_progress/125/
--------
NOVO ECIJANO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 03:08 AM   #251
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

Likes (Received): 80

SM LANANG CONSTRUCTION UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasticity View Post
Wadaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 03:10 AM   #252
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

ABREEZA MALL - OPENED LAST MAY 12, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by junax View Post
repost:

ABREEZA at night...

Old May 17th, 2011, 03:13 AM   #253
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

SM ECOLAND - EXPANSION AND RENOVATION UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntoy15 View Post
may 12 update

Old May 17th, 2011, 03:16 AM   #254
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

KUKUN HOTEL - 12 FLOORS U/C

Quote:
me 2

April 26

Old May 17th, 2011, 03:23 AM   #255
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

ABREEZA RESIDENCE - 31 FLOORS (PROPOSAL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WawaY[625] View Post
bigger image

THE SITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugbuhanongDURIAN View Post
PRE-SELLING OF UNITS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugbuhanongDURIAN View Post

Old May 17th, 2011, 03:27 AM   #256
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

AYALA TECHNOPOD BPO BUILDING - 8 FLOORS U/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogavilz View Post

CONTRUCTION UPDATE

Quote:
Technopod and Abreeza expansion...

this side connects to the main mall, unahan lang ng konti sa main atrium...

eto ang sa robinsons side...

ang nasa likod ng mga taong ito ay ang escalators at backstage ng main atrium...

sa likod ng stage na yan ng main atrium, mag ko connect ang mall expansion ng technopod building...
Old May 17th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #257
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

MAGALLANES RESIDENCE THIRD BUILDING - 8 FLOORS U/C

Quote:
building 3 as seen from LTO side...

Old May 17th, 2011, 03:41 AM   #258
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

GAISANO MALL EXPANSION - ALFRESCO AREA 7TH FLOOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlo8890 View Post
Update ta diha!

Gaisano Mall of Davao Al Fresco Area - Bajada, Davao City
Photo updates as of May 4, 2011 around 12:00pm
(mobile phone camera)

VIEW FROM STREET LEVEL

Quote:
i think na post na yung fence dito but wa ko kabalo kung asa

pero eto yun.

Last edited by Wadaboy; September 29th, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old May 17th, 2011, 04:12 AM   #259
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

ATENEO COMMUNITY BUILDING 12 FLOORS - PROPOSAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by donardo View Post
Soooon....

Photo courtesy of: Sir Vic
MINDANAO INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION CENTER - PROPOSAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakhaimo View Post
- MKH CONSTRUCTION UPDATE -

Changed the name to

Mindanao International Convention Center - Davao

I added a colored striped to the glass, (It is removable), It can be changed depending on the event...

The strip signifies the Mindanaoan Culture
Old May 17th, 2011, 04:18 AM   #260
Wadaboy
wadab advocate

PARK INN RADISSON HOTEL - PROPOSAL

Quote:
SM Hotels Signs Contract with Carlson for Park Inn Davao
Monday, May 9, 2011

Sources: http://www.sminvestments.com/smic/in...ec=34&aid=8798
http://business.inquirer.net/money/b...hotel-in-Davao

(09 May 2011. Pasay City, Philippines.) Philippine conglomerate SM Investments Corporation (SM) announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, SM Hotels and Conventions Corporation, signed a contract with Carlson, a privately held global hospitality and travel company, for the opening of a Park Inn by Radisson hotel in Davao City’s Lanang district. The hotel will be the very first Park Inn by Radisson in the Asia Pacific region. Park Inn by Radisson is one of the hotel brands under Carlson and is the largest mid-market brand for hotels under development in Europe.

The 200-room hotel will be located within the 175,000 square meter (sqm) mixed-use complex owned and developed by SM shopping mall subsidiary, SM Prime Holdings, Inc. Other projects to rise in the complex are an SM Supermall and a convention center. SM Hotels and Conventions Corporation will construct and own the Php 750 million building for the Park Inn by Radisson Davao hotel, while management and operations will be handled by Carlson. Construction of the hotel is expected to start in the 3rd quarter of this year and is scheduled to open by 2013.

Elizabeth T. Sy, president of SM Hotels and Conventions Corporation said, “The signing of our contract with Carlson to open a Park Inn by Radisson in Davao City is another concrete step towards fulfilling the vision of our founder, Henry Sy, Sr., to make the Philippines a world-class tourist destination. We believe that Davao is an ideal location for such an undertaking because of its robust economy, vibrant population, and excellent infrastructure including its international airport. In addition, the Park Inn hotel will benefit from the business synergies that will be created with the other upcoming SM projects within its vicinity.”

The 200-room Park Inn by Radisson will feature bright, bold, and fresh room interiors coupled with fun friendly service. “With the tagline Sleep Well, Live Well, Park Inn by Radisson hotels offer a hassle-free, clean and comfortable stay at a reasonable price,” says Xerxes Meher-Homji, executive vice-president and chief development officer, Carlson Hotels, Asia Pacific. The hotel will also offer other amenities such as an all-day dining restaurant, meeting rooms, an outdoor swimming pool, and a gym.

In September last year, SM Hotels and Conventions Corporation opened the upper upscale, 400-room Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, which is also managed by Carlson. It also recently opened the Pico Sands Hotel, a 154-room resort hotel within Pico de Loro, SM’s eco-tourism project at Hamilo Coast, Nasugbu, Batangas.

(Left to Right): Christina Bautista- VP Business Development, SM Hotels & Conventions Corp.; Hans Sy - President, SM Prime Holdings, Inc; Elizabeth Sy - President, SM Hotels & Conventions, Corp; Hubert Joly - President, CEO & Director, Carlson Worldwide; Simon Barlow - President, Carlson, Asia Pacific; Xerxes Meher-Homji - EVP & CDO, Carlson Hotels Asia Pacific.

Tags
davao city