daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 8th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #421
Sterlyng65

Likes (Received): 45

So when are they going to start construction
Sterlyng65 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #422
baiu001

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dude View Post
U guys need to remember the 530 m pertamina energy tower construction already on going... The trophy will go to Indonesia if Malaysia does not get this tower off the ground
If you said that the tower is going on, why is it still on the proposed supertall thread then??

realitybites-u liked this post
baiu001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #423
Dean_14

Likes (Received): 968

Inferior syndrome
Dean_14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #424
sepul

Likes (Received): 1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitybites-u View Post
looks very odd...

I think the scale model is not right lah..

Last edited by sepul; January 8th, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
sepul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #425
sepul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dude View Post
U guys need to remember the 530 m pertamina energy tower construction already on going... The trophy will go to Indonesia if Malaysia does not get this tower off the ground
meh.. only Indonesians are so excited about surpassing Petronas Towers, I didn't sense the same excitement coming from the Taiwanese when they erected Taipei 101. Indonesian national broadcasts, web portals and businessmen repeatedly boast about "new tallest tower in Jakarta will defeat Malaysia's Petronas" bla bla bla. I find the nagging behaviour rather annoying to be honest. In Malaysia, Warisan Merdeka is facing a lot of resistance from local community - labelled as wastage of public fund, robbing KL green lungs, destroying national heritage etc2.

I think Jakartans better make cities like Shanghai or Dubai as benchmark, as their cities are far better than KL (though maybe not so much livability on Shanghai's side). Please don't make the good old Petronas Towers sticking out over a mediocre skyline like KL in a smallish country like Malaysia the benchmark for the 4th most populous country in the world. KL, a city of only around 1.8 million inhabitants is just not up to par with Jakarta, home of almost 14 million people (half of Malaysian population). Indonesia itself is also a member of the mighty G20 elite grouping and a trillion dollar economy, leaving Malaysia in the dust. So please take good care of Indonesia's image, compare and compete with other large nations like US, China, India and Brazil. Those countries should be apple to apple to Indonesia, not third-tier economy like Malaysia.

Petronas Towers are so 1998, Burj Khalifa is 'D' hip of the moment, and Kingdom Tower is the future. Feeling so excited over topping your immediate next door neighbor, do we live in such a narrow world?

By right Jakarta should do better and I wish Jakartans good luck.

XNeo, Star Child liked this post
Old January 8th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #426
realitybites-u

Likes (Received): 5328

i still remember i read somewhere that they are so proud of having MRT and degrade Malaysia because not have MRT but at the end they were leave behind us as the progress of our MRT now can be seen and in less than 3 years from now our MRT will be complete.
realitybites-u no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #427
sepul

Similar story with monorail line. I remember when Jakarta Monorail got approved, some Indonesian trolls ("some" only yeah, I'm not generalizing) bombarded many portals featuring KL Monorail be it Youtube, some random rail blogs and even here in Skyscrapercity, saying KL Monorail is "so short" "very small" "built by foreigners" "poor technology" "loss-making" bla bla bla while the up and coming Jakarta Monorail are "longer" "spacious" "modern" "100% made by Indonesian princes & princesses" and all the good things..

What striked me the most was that these people shamelessly already boasting about things that had not yet happen (not even preparatory site clearance), things that they didn't have, and already insulting Malaysian-made technology that had been running for over a decade and currently being upgraded. What they didn't know was that Scomi Rail was a 100% Malaysian company and their technology was built by 100% Malaysian team. While they were insulting, we were already exporting our rail technology to cities in India and Brazil. Latest news Scomi beat Hitachi to deliver Sao Paulo Monorail Line 17 Gold (while another line was awarded to Bombardier).

azey, leekwangsu liked this post
Old January 8th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #428
realitybites-u

some of them,their attitude it just annoying... they really loves to downgrades others but they forget they are left behind in many ways. they just loves to accused and talk something that is untrue and i have read in their thread, one of their forumer said that petronas twin tower occupancy rates is below half and that is 2, 3 years ago.... if it true petronas is not fully occupied, why petronas build menara petronas 3? the good thing is we are now much better than them because in 6 years or less, if anything goes well, we will become a developed country leaving them...

Last edited by realitybites-u; January 8th, 2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old January 8th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #429
sepul

buddy, I'll be careful not to generalize.
Old January 8th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #430
Crazy Dude
Urban Explorer

Likes (Received): 3380

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepul View Post
meh.. only Indonesians are so excited about surpassing Petronas Towers, I didn't sense the same excitement coming from the Taiwanese when they erected Taipei 101. Indonesian national broadcasts, web portals and businessmen repeatedly boast about "new tallest tower in Jakarta will defeat Malaysia's Petronas" bla bla bla. I find the nagging behaviour rather annoying to be honest. In Malaysia, Warisan Merdeka is facing a lot of resistance from local community - labelled as wastage of public fund, robbing KL green lungs, destroying national heritage etc2.

I think Jakartans better make cities like Shanghai or Dubai as benchmark, as their cities are far better than KL (though maybe not so much livability on Shanghai's side). Please don't make the good old Petronas Towers sticking out over a mediocre skyline like KL in a smallish country like Malaysia the benchmark for the 4th most populous country in the world. KL, a city of only around 1.8 million inhabitants is just not up to par with Jakarta, home of almost 14 million people (half of Malaysian population). Indonesia itself is also a member of the mighty G20 elite grouping and a trillion dollar economy, leaving Malaysia in the dust. So please take good care of Indonesia's image, compare and compete with other large nations like US, China, India and Brazil. Those countries should be apple to apple to Indonesia, not third-tier economy like Malaysia.

Petronas Towers are so 1998, Burj Khalifa is 'D' hip of the moment, and Kingdom Tower is the future. Feeling so excited over topping your immediate next door neighbor, do we live in such a narrow world?

By right Jakarta should do better and I wish Jakartans good luck.
Lol I wouldn't say like that if u guys didn't drag Indonesia in the first place..

Quote:
Originally Posted by baiu001 View Post
If you said that the tower is going on, why is it still on the proposed supertall thread then??
Well, according to SSCI, the status is already u/c. Idk why on here it is still on prep..

pteranodon, Rodrigo Santoro liked this post
Crazy Dude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:56 AM   #431
nazrey

Likes (Received): 10727

image hosted on flickr

pteranodon liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 03:12 PM   #432
Erran
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 797

Quote:

some of them,their attitude it just annoying... they really loves to downgrades others but they forget they are left behind in many ways. they just loves to accused and talk something that is untrue and i have read in their thread, one of their forumer said that petronas twin tower occupancy rates is below half and that is 2, 3 years ago.... if it true petronas is not fully occupied, why petronas build menara petronas 3? the good thing is we are now much better than them because in 6 years or less, if anything goes well, we will become a developed country leaving them...

Nahh, you are being annoying as well. Agree? No?

About Warisan Merdeka, it surely tall. But IMHO, it looks a bit awkward, esp the top part.
Old January 10th, 2014, 03:28 PM   #433
Azrain98
catlover

Likes (Received): 2635

Old January 10th, 2014, 03:30 PM   #434
Azrain98
catlover

Likes (Received): 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
There is also a height limit in place in Hong Kong as well or so I read.
hk airport far from the city...changi around 20km from airport to lion city...

Last edited by Azrain98; December 23rd, 2014 at 12:55 PM.
Azrain98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 06:00 PM   #435
realitybites-u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erran View Post

About Warisan Merdeka, it surely tall. But IMHO, it looks a bit awkward, esp the top part.
i'm not trying to be annoyed but somehow i think the attitude of some of your people is somehow unacceptable. i often read comment that is to degrade, insulting malaysia not only in this forum but is everywhere in the internet. but for me not all indo people behave like that and I even has friend from indo. but some of your forumers attitude just bad...
Old January 10th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #436
azey

Likes (Received): 1426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erran View Post

LOL...ur so called proposed 'future supertall' isnt tht nice anyway...so zip it

realitybites-u liked this post
azey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 08:34 AM   #437
Erran
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by azey View Post
LOL...ur so called proposed 'future supertall' isnt tht nice anyway...so zip it
Welcome to 2014 when people are free to express their opinions, Bro ...
And I don't get troubled when you say Signature Tower isn't nice, it's ur opinion anyway. Just be responsible with it.

Enough with all the negativity, Guys. Those mockers are uneducated Indonesians, will you place urself on the same level with those people?
I won't!

Back to topic ....

realitybites-u, Star Child liked this post
Erran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 05:35 AM   #438
kevo123
Indonesia

Likes (Received): 21216

Quote:
i'm not trying to be annoyed but somehow i think the attitude of some of your people is somehow unacceptable. i often read comment that is to degrade, insulting malaysia not only in this forum but is everywhere in the internet. but for me not all indo people behave like that and I even has friend from indo. but some of your forumers attitude just bad...
Which part of us is being degrading, if it makes you feel better you already surprassed our infras and city planning. There are also Malaysians constantly degrading indonesians as otherwise, because Indonesia is such a poor country with not so much achievements around the world, so why are did you get offended? There are also many unpleasing stuff malaysian forumers wrote about indonesians, which i rather avoid than getting involved with.

Why should we be happy about surprassing petronas tower anyway when burj khalifa stands 700m? What makes Indonesians exited is the fact that it will in the top ten list of tallest tower around the world, but with so everly vast growing china, it would be very hard for Indonesia to build towers that can degrades them all. And so even Malaysia will build warisan merdeka that stands taller than the currently proposed tower in Indonesia, you are just one insecured person.

Architecture of Indonesia || Vernacular Architecture of Indonesia || Dutch Tropical Colonial Architecture of Indonesia ||

Last edited by kevo123; February 1st, 2014 at 05:26 AM.
kevo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #439
reka-tropics

Likes (Received): 154

any update photos?
reka-tropics no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #440
nazrey

Likes (Received): 10727

image hosted on flickr

pteranodon liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
heritage of independence, jalan hang jebat, kl118 tower, megatall, menara warisan merdeka, pnb headquarters