daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 1st, 2012, 05:28 PM   #141
realitybites-u

Likes (Received): 5328

from the malaysian forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archilover View Post
what i see from the model :

image hosted on flickr

Picture1 by archilovers, on Flickr
realitybites-u no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:03 PM   #142
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

If you look at the first photo, think there's a spiking of the facade on the horizontal axis; the protrusions would not be all planar like that.

Looking forward to concepts, this might just be a placeholder.
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #143
patchay

Likes (Received): 1521

Exclusive Preview ::: Menara Wawasan Merdeka @ Warisan Merdeka KL (between 600-680m)

Rumored ground breaking end of this year. Preliminary land works have begun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archilover View Post
not clear though

image hosted on flickr

20120930_140616 by archilovers, on Flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa View Post
warisan merdeka tower @ kl city gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannix View Post
after removing the box on top and turn it side way.. i somehow can start visualize it to look something like

Miniature models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwsk View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Enquiries start to build up
By KAMARUL YUNUS Published: 2012/09/19
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...cle/index_html

MENARA WAWASAN MERDEKA: Interest already covers over 60pc of lettable space, says source

THE proposed 100-storey Menara Wawasan Merdeka has received pre-booking enquiries for over 60 per cent of its lettable space, according to an industry source.

The source said about 30 per cent of the space is being reserved for its developer, Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB), and several government- linked companies under PNB’s stable.

To be officially launched by year-end, the Menara Warisan Merdeka will cost RM2.5 billion to RM3 billion. It will have gross floor space of 3.0 million sq ft and 2.2 million sq ft of net floor space.

This will be followed by two subsequent phases comprising a shopping complex and condominiums. The whole development, to be undertaken over a 10-year period, will cost RM5 billion.

Last month, PNB announced that it had obtained the development order from Kuala Lumpur City Hall to build the 100-storey
Menara Warisan Merdeka, touted to be the country’s tallest building.

PNB president and chief executive officerTan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman was reported as saying recently that the development order was attached with several conditions, including those related to legal matters.

PNB is studying the terms in order to fulfil them and to ensure proper planning as the development order was approved with conditions, Hamad Kama had said.

To be located within the Stadium Merdeka and Stadium Negara heritage area, the concept of the 100-storey building, its retail portion and the condominiums was mooted in early 2004 taking into account the need for enhancement of value and effective utilisation of the 7.6ha land adjacent to the two stadiums.

In 2005, the master plan was approved by the municipal authorities, followed by the issuance of final titles in 2008. The principal concept of PNB iconic building was then approved
in 2009.

Since then, PNB has set up a wholly-owned unit, PNB Merdeka Ventures Sdn Bhd, to undertake the project, with Tengku Abdul
Aziz Tengku Mahmud, formerly from Guthrie Property Development Holding Bhd and Sime Darby Property Bhd, taking the helm.

Once completed, the Menara Warisan Merdeka will be over 600 metres tall compared with Petronas Twin Towers at 453m; Burj Khalifa at 829m; and Taipei 101 at 509m.

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #144
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Between 600m and 680m? Lets hope it will reach 680
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #145
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

where did you get the numbers? 600m-680m? amazing though, hope it is true and we will get a real good rendervery soon when it starts construction soon anyway
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #146
Marioma

Likes (Received): 688

Ohh noo :-) Nice Tower for KL but they did NOT build a 600m tower in a monsun areal.
The tower would sink i think

i think the piles must be over 250m
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #147
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioma
Ohh noo :-) Nice Tower for KL but they did NOT build a 600m tower in a monsun areal.
The tower would sink i think

i think the piles must be over 250m
Taipe 101 also stands on mud...and it hasn't sunk yet
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #148
Marioma

Yeah it's an good arrgument
But 600m and Malaysia is extreme watermud....
I don't know. When they have by this project no steel only concrete than i think
But when they use Steel than it's maybe possible.
But i think so things in so countrys are very impossible and maybe danger ... Maybe the construction side is on a cliff too haha
Wenn du willst könne wir och deutsch rede :-)
Grüße
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #149
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

nah i think the technology is far enough, so they know what they can do they know what they are doing and i am sure even in such an area a megatall is possible and i am pretty sure we will get the proof within the next 10 years.
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #150
Marioma

I think too...
But the Petronas Towers leaning ..
150metres more.. I think it's good when they reduse weight on a minimum
It's a very incredible job
it's a challenge
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #151
guy4versa
BANNED

Likes (Received): 717

are you sure petronas twin tower is leaning?
guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #152
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa
are you sure petronas twin tower is leaning?
Yes, 25mm as far as i know.
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #153
guy4versa
BANNED

Likes (Received): 717

wow..where u get that info? any link? because,i live in KL and we never heard on that.
guy4versa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #154
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa
wow..where u get that info? any link? because,i live in KL and we never heard on that.
http://suite101.com/article/the-petr...-lumpur-a59818

Don't know what's true or not.
Old October 31st, 2012, 03:28 PM   #155
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 4301

Confirmed 118 storeys

Warisan Merdeka tower to be 118 storeys high

KUALA LUMPUR: The Warisan Merdeka tower will be 118 storeys instead of the initial height of 100 storeys, revealed the Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Ministry in Parliament on Wednesday.

Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin revealed that the building was 118 storeys in his written reply to Fong Kui Lun (DAP - Bukit Bintang).

Fong had asked Raja Nong Chik to state the conditions imposed on Permodal Nasional Bhd (PNB) before it could be granted a development order to build the tower in Jalan Hang Jebat, Kuala Lumpur.

In his reply, RaJa Nong Chik said one of the conditions was for the "design of the antenna on top of the proposed 118 storey building to be improved so that it is more attractive and suitable with the tower's facade.
source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...&if_height=553
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 03:33 PM   #156
Homie_Puan
Homie_Puan

Likes (Received): 2

omg!
Homie_Puan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 03:39 PM   #157
patchay

Likes (Received): 1521

Based on the success of Petronas Twin Towers' economic impact, Malaysia's economy will now be watching this new development closely.

It's official! Warisan Merdeka Tower to be 118 storeys high, says Minister
By YUEN MEIKENG | The Star Latest News | Wednesday October 31, 2012 MYT 4:35:00 PM
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...&if_height=553
Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR: The Warisan Merdeka tower will be 118 storeys instead of the initial height of 100 storeys, revealed the Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Ministry in Parliament on Wednesday.

Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin revealed that the building was 118 storeys in his written reply to Fong Kui Lun (DAP - Bukit Bintang).

Fong had asked Raja Nong Chik to state the conditions imposed on Permodal Nasional Bhd (PNB) before it could be granted a development order to build the tower in Jalan Hang Jebat, Kuala Lumpur.

In his reply, RaJa Nong Chik said one of the conditions was for the "design of the antenna on top of the proposed 118 storey building to be improved so that it is more attractive and suitable with the tower's facade.

"The Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) has yet to issue a development order for the construction project of the tower as applied by the developer, PNB Merdeka Ventures Sdn Bhd," he said.

Raja Nong Chik said a DBKL meeting he chaired on May 17 had decided that the application for the development order would be approved if PNB complied with six conditions.

Among the conditions were for PNB to provide 100% of the parking lots needed, photo spots for the public to take pictures and to meet technical requirements set by Tenaga Nasional Bhd.

Raja Nong Chik said PNB had yet to fulfil one more condition which was to apply to the Federal Territory land and minerals office to solve land takeover matters.

"DBKL will only issue the order once the PNB has met all conditions," he said.

At the Parliament lobby, Fong said he was shocked that the proposed building was now supposed to be 118 storeys.

"I urge DBKL not to approve the application as there is more than enough office space in Kuala Lumpur," he said, adding that the traffic situation in the area was also unsatisfactory.

Plans to build a 100-storey tower was announced during Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak's Budget 2011 speech.

It is proposed to be built within a budget of RM5bil and is expected to be completed in 2015.

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 03:52 PM   #158
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

i am very optimistic about this tower. 118fl (and this tower is mixed used) + a massive spire, the result of this may surprise us, but i am quite positive we will get something far over the 600m.
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:12 PM   #159
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

118 floors? Sounds absolutely great! I really can't wait for it
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:45 PM   #160
archilover

Likes (Received): 3177

omg!cool!hope the design change
archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
heritage of independence, jalan hang jebat, kl118 tower, megatall, menara warisan merdeka, pnb headquarters