daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 26th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #41
Tyrone
ò_ó

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by guigotz View Post
Santiago, Chile
You'd better have named this thread "ONE of the most developed cities in L.A."
Tyrone no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #42
Jesús E. Salgado

Likes (Received): 278

I agree 100%
Jesús E. Salgado no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #43
lont
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
lont no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:54 AM   #44
lont
BANNED

lont no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #45
guigotz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lont View Post
I know that argentineans have mixed feelings about Chile's succes. After all, they are famous for being arrogant and have always looked down to Chile, but nowadays Chile has surpassed them in most aspects, so facing that must probably be pretty hard, I understand it, but please don't ruin the threads about Santiago, I have never seen a chilean ruining threads about Buenos Aires, even if it's title is as ridiculous as "The Paris of America".

Why are you so annoyed if someone (many people actually) think that Santiago is the most developed city in Latin America?
Totally agree with you! You can see the chilean development, and if im Chilean i would have proud to be and live in a city completly modern as Santiago ... In Portugal i cant see this development and Portugal is a developed country, member of the european union those decades ... Its JUST AWESOME this urbanism! The people form Argentina are jealous because today's Chile is much more developed economy and has a much stronger and more prosperous than themselves. Does anyone know how much a argentinian peso cost? ... 1 Euro = more than 4 pesos

Argentina is no longer considered the most developed country in Latin America as it once was. Moreover, the difference is huge.
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:47 AM   #46
meaburroperomerio

Likes (Received): 561

Quote:

4- Why are Latin Americans so jealous when other latin country is succesful??? You should be proud, because Chile is seen in the world as a role model of what Latin American country should be. I'm always happy when other Latin American country is doing good.

Quote:
I know that argentineans have mixed feelings about Chile's succes. After all, they are famous for being arrogant and have always looked down to Chile, but nowadays Chile has surpassed them in most aspects, so facing that must probably be pretty hard, I understand it, but please don't ruin the threads about Santiago, I have never seen a chilean ruining threads about Buenos Aires, even if it's title is as ridiculous as "The Paris of America".

Why are you so annoyed if someone (many people actually) think that Santiago is the most developed city in Latin America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guigotz View Post
Totally agree with you! You can see the chilean development, and if im Chilean i would have proud to be and live in a city completly modern as Santiago ... In Portugal i cant see this development and Portugal is a developed country, member of the european union those decades ... Its JUST AWESOME this urbanism! The people form Argentina are jealous because today's Chile is much more developed economy and has a much stronger and more prosperous than themselves. Does anyone know how much a argentinian peso cost? ... 1 Euro = more than 4 pesos

Argentina is no longer considered the most developed country in Latin America as it once was. Moreover, the difference is huge.

The only truth here is that some people can´t handle other people opinions, and They CANT suport his ideas with real information... like the coment of the 90% of foreigners prefer Santiago over Buenos Aires when Buenos Aires is a top 10 visited cities in Latin America... and Santiago is not... and like saying that Santiago is the more development city when It´s not, there is a lot of medium/ smaller cities with higest HDI...
You people dont like the truth... Nobody envy anybody, you´re lying, thats why forumers from DIFERENTS countries( Brazil, Mexico and Peru, not only Argentinians!) coment agaist the thread title...
And apart of that you´re atacking generally a country saying that argentinians have envy of Chile when it´s not true... you´re breaking the rules of SSC and I´ve notified this to the moderators.
I ususally say good things about Chile but I´m not going to support a lie like the two ones that I´ve just mensioned.

Last edited by meaburroperomerio; October 26th, 2010 at 03:56 AM.
meaburroperomerio no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:54 AM   #47
cliffx
Hasta la Vista, Baby!

Likes (Received): 207

edit.

Last edited by cliffx; October 26th, 2010 at 04:25 AM.
cliffx no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 04:03 AM   #48
meaburroperomerio

Likes (Received): 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffx View Post
meaburroperomerio: what's the purpose to post here, just to create problems? why don't you just calm down and enjoy the pics. It's just a thread, you don't need to be that jealous.
I´ve never said I´m jelous and neither do the other forumers, that´s something you people would love to... We just said the the title of the thread is not true and after that the forumer from Portugal started to say lyings about Argentina without any kind of report to support his words.... after that the other forumer add him...
I´m not someone agaist Chile but He said things that are more ofensives than just said that Santiago is not the most development citie in Latin America... wich is true, Punta Arenas is more developmet for example.

pd. Quote my Offenses! Do it, I want to see them. There are other forumers whom post really offensive stuff and nobody is saying anything to them....

Quiero que quotees mis ofensas, porque a parte de reírme y decir que lo que el forista portugués dijo de Buenos Aires no era real yo no dije ninguna ofensa!
Mira lo que postearon foristas( LEE LA PAGINA ANTERIOR) ... y me decis que yo voy a causar problemas?? Los problemas los causo el forista portugués diciendo mentiras sin fundamento como que el 90% de los extranjeros prefieren Santiago sobre Buenos Aires cuando Buenos Aires tiene más de tres veces el turismo que tiene Santiago, yo solo le dije que eso no era cierto y que tampoco era real lo de que era la ciudad más desarrollada cuando la realidad es que otras ciudades medias y pequeñas son más desarrolladas incluso en Chile.
Otros foristas lo dijeron antes, de México, de Perú, de Brasil e incluso argentinos y se metieron con el tema educativo en Chile, etc... Y me decís a mi que ofendo?? Que voy a causar problemas? Sólo puse que estoy de acuerdo con una opinion de otro forista acerca de que los que ven CW ven desarrollo y que era mentira lo de la "preferencia de los extranjeros"
Yo reporte lo que es, hay un forista chileno que dijo explícitamente que TODOS los Argentinos envidian a Chile y que les pesa porque siempre miraron a Chile de arriba, ESO ES UNA OFENSA Y UNA GENERALIZACION, algo que esta en contra de las reglas del foro.

Last edited by meaburroperomerio; October 26th, 2010 at 04:36 AM.
meaburroperomerio no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:22 AM   #49
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 12274

A thread with this type of name is bound to start fighting, so if the thread starter wants to contact me with a more generic name he/she should. I'll then change the name and reopen the thread, because I don't feel like babysitting all the squabbling.

Closed Thread