daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Citytalk and Urban Issues

Citytalk and Urban Issues » Guess the City



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:47 PM   #61
joshsam
Bokparty
 
joshsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sint-Truiden
Posts: 4,851
Likes (Received): 1336

Why do you live in Brazil when you hate is so much?
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:53 PM   #62
AcesHigh
Taking On The World
 
AcesHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Novo Hamburgo
Posts: 20,933
Likes (Received): 1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry69 View Post
Maybe thats a sympton of countries with large territories, not of noveau rich.
---

or; new countires without older cultures, having to proof their ''superiority'' by quantity
-------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
"Houses older than a few decades almost don't exist, or are crumbling apart, because of the poor quality"
-----

thats pure nonsense

Specially considering most of the population back then probably lived in the area that today is completely taken by apartment buildings!

------------------------------------------------------
not much proof left then

-------------------------------------

Quote:
asphalt is of such poor quality that it allways cracks or disappears after a few years.

asphalt in Brazil suffers because of the truck traffic, not because of poor quality.

===============

LOL.....that's too pathetic for words........
you win, because as allways, Brazilians may complain , but foreigners are not allowed.....must be the ''vira-lata' complex

you can complain if you do it using your brain.

example: complain of Brazil´s infrastructure and lack of railroads, making our roads ultra dangerous and in bad state because of the truck traffic. And you say thats ridiculous? Thats PROVED.

you can complain about the lack of insulation for example. Thats a reality. The reasons are more complex though. There is not a culture for it. So what? Its not related to house quality or anything. Its just that people dont think its needed.



as for your "older houses inexistance" comment, you say they dont exist because of their poor quality. Thats bullshit and I gave the REAL explanation why they exist in much smaller number than europe.
__________________
http://gremioemfoco.info/ forum do grêmio, para quem não consegue se conter e falar somente do estádio, uma boa opção
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:53 PM   #63
henry69
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 0

''very pale skin, green eyes'' know how to read and write.
-------------------
nobody was talking abaout races?

''BBC Brasil - Notícias - Um em cada cinco brasileiros é analfabeto ''
claro, ninguem no Sul...........

----------------------------------------------

what do you mean? That poor people are all criminals?
--------

nobody said that....

---------------
Quote:
Maybe you have an explanation for the fact that criminals are more and more of middle classes?

there are plenty of explanations, specially considering the fact you are saying nonsense. The ELITE may have nannys. Not the middle class, which is the class with more and more criminals according to your articles.
__________________


again, the world of Marie T is a very very very restrict one
''plenty of explanations''..but an explanation of a foreigner is nonsens......kkk
henry69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:57 PM   #64
henry69
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 0

as for your "older houses inexistance" comment, you say they dont exist because of their poor quality. Thats bullshit

-------------
than explain me , why ''older'' (of about 30,20 or even 10 years) houses, built in your ''latest fashion'', don't sell, and are crumbling apart, as i can see with my own eyes in Florianóplis?
Instead of buying and repairing those houses, Brazilians just built other ones, much BIGGER of course, with the result that the cities are expanding without any logic
henry69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:01 PM   #65
henry69
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 0

Why do you live in Brazil when you hate is so much?
===

work and money
and i don't hate it, it's a nice country for a short holiday
henry69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:09 PM   #66
AcesHigh
Taking On The World
 
AcesHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Novo Hamburgo
Posts: 20,933
Likes (Received): 1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry69 View Post
''very pale skin, green eyes'' know how to read and write.
-------------------
nobody was talking abaout races?
no, but since we are diving into stereotypes, I supposed we would soon be saying all poor people in Brazil are dark.

Quote:
''BBC Brasil - Notícias - Um em cada cinco brasileiros é analfabeto ''
claro, ninguem no Sul...........
5% in Santa Catarina. If you get 12 maids that cant read or write, that IS bad luck.


Quote:
what do you mean? That poor people are all criminals?
--------

nobody said that....
you said leaving elite kids with poor favela resident nannys was the best explanation for the rise of criminality in the middle class.

you didnt said poor people are all criminals? You were THAT CLOSE to saying it.



Quote:
Quote:
Maybe you have an explanation for the fact that criminals are more and more of middle classes?

there are plenty of explanations, specially considering the fact you are saying nonsense. The ELITE may have nannys. Not the middle class, which is the class with more and more criminals according to your articles.
__________________


again, the world of Marie T is a very very very restrict one
''plenty of explanations''..but an explanation of a foreigner is nonsens......kkk
we are not talking about Mary T here.

Anyway, EXPLAIN how the ELITE having nannys results in rising criminality among the MIDDLE CLASS
__________________
http://gremioemfoco.info/ forum do grêmio, para quem não consegue se conter e falar somente do estádio, uma boa opção
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:15 PM   #67
Yuri S Andrade
Registered User
 
Yuri S Andrade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: São Paulo & Londrina
Posts: 10,273

I believe this henry69 guy is Mary T alter ego. By the way, did you subscribe only to post here, to do this Brazil bashing?
Yuri S Andrade no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:20 PM   #68
henry69
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 0

5% in Santa Catarina. If you get 12 maids that cant read or write, that IS bad luck.

----------

ofcourse, you forget the ''analfabetos funcionais''....I love the way Brazilians ''forget''
=============
you said leaving elite kids with poor favela resident nannys was the best explanation for the rise of criminality in the middle class.

you didnt said poor people are all criminals? You were THAT CLOSE to saying it.

---------

''odeio pobre''......isn't that something Brazilians love to say?


------------------------------------

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe you have an explanation for the fact that criminals are more and more of middle classes?

there are plenty of explanations, specially considering the fact you are saying nonsense. The ELITE may have nannys. Not the middle class, which is the class with more and more criminals according to your articles.
__________________


again, the world of Marie T is a very very very restrict one
''plenty of explanations''..but an explanation of a foreigner is nonsens......kkk

we are not talking about Mary T here.

Anyway, EXPLAIN how the ELITE having nannys results in rising criminality among the MIDDLE CLASS
__________________


the article doesnt use the separation of classe a+, classe AA, classe AAA, classe AAB..etc, as Brazilians love to do
poor slum nannies are good educators.....you are right...offcourse you feel that way, you're Brazilian

BUT, you ´re right, ok?..... (discussing with latinos is the most useless thing to do!You should DO more, and TALK less!)
henry69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:20 PM   #69
AcesHigh
Taking On The World
 
AcesHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Novo Hamburgo
Posts: 20,933
Likes (Received): 1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry69 View Post
as for your "older houses inexistance" comment, you say they dont exist because of their poor quality. Thats bullshit

-------------
than explain me , why ''older'' (of about 30,20 or even 10 years) houses, built in your ''latest fashion'', don't sell, and are crumbling apart, as i can see with my own eyes in Florianóplis?
Instead of buying and repairing those houses, Brazilians just built other ones, much BIGGER of course, with the result that the cities are expanding without any logic
can you prove that? Again, for a city that gained 400 thousand people in the last 40 years, you want MAGIC for the new population to all live in older houses



btw, your KKKKK laugh in a previous posts was TYPICAL of brazilian internet slang. I never, NEVER met a foreigner in Brazil using "kkkkkk" specially when talking in english. And Ive talked to plenty of them.

I am thinking more and more you are a troll. Now it seems you are a brazilian troll.
__________________
http://gremioemfoco.info/ forum do grêmio, para quem não consegue se conter e falar somente do estádio, uma boa opção
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM   #70
AcesHigh
Taking On The World
 
AcesHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Novo Hamburgo
Posts: 20,933
Likes (Received): 1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri S Andrade View Post
I believe this henry69 guy is Mary T alter ego. By the way, did you subscribe only to post here, to do this Brazil bashing?
hi Yuri. Funny that you said that a bit before I noticed this "foreigner" wrote KKKKKKKKK (brazilian internet slang for laughter) in the end of one of their posts. I will ask for a mod to check the IPs.
__________________
http://gremioemfoco.info/ forum do grêmio, para quem não consegue se conter e falar somente do estádio, uma boa opção
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:24 PM   #71
henry69
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 0

''I will ask for a mod to check the IPs. ''

=============================

very south american..............if you don't agree..........
henry69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM   #72
AcesHigh
Taking On The World
 
AcesHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Novo Hamburgo
Posts: 20,933
Likes (Received): 1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry69 View Post
''I will ask for a mod to check the IPs. ''

=============================

very south american..............if you don't agree..........
its not a question of agreeing or not, is it? Its a question of you using a typical brazilian slang that I NEVER observed when talking with any other expat. Plus the fact you registered ONLY to talk in this topic.
__________________
http://gremioemfoco.info/ forum do grêmio, para quem não consegue se conter e falar somente do estádio, uma boa opção
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:31 PM   #73
henry69
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 0

Its a question of you using a typical brazilian slang that I NEVER observed when talking with any other expat
-------------

I do speak portuguese, you know? even some ''giria''.........
de novo......vc ganha.........

Let's get back to topic, I'm almost becoming a Brazilian!!
Talking too much, and doing nothing!
See ya
henry69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #74
Norf_London_boi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 33
Likes (Received): 0

Streetview

I absolutely love streetview - and like nothing better than "visiting" random cities I've never been to!

Mostly places are as I imagined actually. The US (except Manhattan and downtown Chicago) is far too sprawling and homogenous for fun streetviewing. Likewise Australia and Canada.

I'm pretty familiar in real life with most European cities but I have enjoyed exploring rough Parisian banlieues - I lived for six months once in the 14th but never ventured out to Clichy-sous-Bois, Sarcelles etc. Surprised how seriously run down they are : far worse than the worst American or UK council estates/projects I can find.

Really like exploring tiny villages in southern Spain and Italy - like time has stood still for centuries!

Mexico City seems LOVELY - the centre at least seems 1st world. Far nicer than Sao Paolo - I was surprised even the CBD seems rough.

In South Africa I've enjoyed exploring the notorious inner-city districts of Jo'burg - Hillbrow, Yeoville etc - that in real life are apparently too dangerous to walk around even in broad daylight. Interesting to see the once-genteel streets and apartment blocks have completely gone to rack and ruin as the whites have fled to the suburbs - it's like an extreme version of what happened in America in the 70s.

I'd be interested to hear what people who've never been here thought of the UK while streetviewing?
Norf_London_boi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #75
henry69
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 0

Quoting Cedar Teeth;

''Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri S Andrade
But, calm down: majority of Brazil people do NOT live in shit tiny houses. Proper sewer? In my state (11 million people), for example, virtually 100% of the houses get sewer.

Hahahahahahah where the hell did you get that data from? 100% of homes have sewer?

http://www2.rpc.com.br/aguasdoamanha/?p=413

http://www.parana-online.com.br/edit...ARES+DO+ESTADO

http://www.gazetadopovo.com.br/vidae...tml?id=1038157

Less than half of the people in your state have access to proper sanitation. And let's not forget Paraná is a role-model state by Brazilian standards, its above the average. The amount of people with access to sewer in the more average and poorer areas of the country is far less than that.

I, for example am a very hygienic person, so I can't tolerate people who say they live in a marvelous house by the beach, when they need to call the "limpa-fossa" every week to clean their home's basement. For those who are unfamiliar: limpa fossa is a massive vaccum cleaner attached to a tanker truck used by the most privilleged in Brazil to clean the feces they had stored under their homes for the week due to not having access to sanitation.
Just google limpa fossa and you will find hundreds of results for this business. The wealthy people living in those theresian mansions are privillged enough to afford a weekly limpa fossa service. They pay a hefty price for it, and it is a sign of status in the Brazilian upper class, because unlike the poor who just dump their raw excrements in cannals and lakes, the rich are classy enough to have their doodoo vacuumed by a truck and then dumped in those same rivers and cannals.
__________________
O Brasil precisa de grandes obras e só eu tenho a capacidade para levar o Brasil ao primeiro mundo, vou construir uma estrada direto para os EUA cortando pela Amazônia, o povo precisa de emprego e não de árvores.

- Paulo Salim Maluf ''

Last edited by henry69; November 10th, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
henry69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #76
henry69
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 0

''Surprised how seriously run down they are : far worse than the worst American or UK council estates/projects I can find. ''
================

I suppose british and americans have another sense of aesthetics....I think the Bronx for example looks worse than poor parts of São Paulo
henry69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #77
monkeyronin
Mơמkƹ͛ƴ∆ґơɲiɲ
 
monkeyronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,259
Likes (Received): 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norf_London_boi View Post
Mostly places are as I imagined actually. The US (except Manhattan and downtown Chicago) is far too sprawling and homogenous for fun streetviewing. Likewise Australia and Canada.
Ahh yes, the rest of the entirety of the US, Canada, and Australia...so sprawly, and it all looks the same...















monkeyronin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #78
joshsam
Bokparty
 
joshsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sint-Truiden
Posts: 4,851
Likes (Received): 1336

Those are only found in the older USA cities, The ones that where build in the 18hundreds...
If you can find me such an area in lets say Arizona or Texas somewhere...good luck!

Btw arn't some of those Canadian cities you showed us? Canadian cities have much more area's that are stayed intact or with denser developments than USA cities...
And what is one sqare mile of old dense development against 500sqmi of single family housing?
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #79
jefferson2
Registered User
 
jefferson2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 649
Likes (Received): 3

google streetiew is the best! it didnt really change my impression of many places... I like how they drove through various neighbourhoods in rio and the hills in mexico city look nice

japan looked how i thought it would, but was still cool to see...

johannesburg looks like a bit of a fortress.. but still some nice residential areas

looking forward to forward to when they put more african and indian cities on there
jefferson2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #80
jefferson2
Registered User
 
jefferson2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 649
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsam View Post
Those are only found in the older USA cities, The ones that where build in the 18hundreds...
If you can find me such an area in lets say Arizona or Texas somewhere...good luck!

Btw arn't some of those Canadian cities you showed us? Canadian cities have much more area's that are stayed intact or with denser developments than USA cities...
And what is one sqare mile of old dense development against 500sqmi of single family housing?


true enough... but still lots of good street viewing in the USA and Canada...

I was looknig at the suburbs of indianapolis the other day, on the water. They have some big houses
jefferson2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu