daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #901
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

Location: Cagayan de Oro City - Iligan City - Ozamiz City - Camiguin - Bukidnon - Northern Mindanao - Mindanao
Likes (Received): 193

PROJECT WATCH: Puregold says bye-bye to Megacenter
Mon, 26 Nov 2012

The once landmark building of Ororama Megacenter is now slowly being demolished to give way for the construction of Puregold Cagayan de Oro.

As shown in the photos below, the southern part of the building has been torn down. I believe the demolition goes from south to north.

For two decades, Ororama Megacenter has been a visual landmark for those coming to the city proper as the 3-storey edifice is a manifestation of the commercial boom in the city during the 1990s. As you approach the Agora junction from the east, the huge Megacenter building on the left tells you hat you are now entering part of the city’s commercial business district (CBD).

Source: http://www.cdodev.com/

NORTHERN MINDANAO-Zamboanga Peninsula-CARAGA-Davao Region-SOCCKSARGEN-ARMM
I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Bamboo88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #902
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

Location: Cagayan de Oro City - Iligan City - Ozamiz City - Camiguin - Bukidnon - Northern Mindanao - Mindanao

PROJECT WATCH: Hotel Sogo opening soon
Mon, 26 Nov 2012

Hotel Sogo Cagayan de Oro will be opening soon as the bright yellow and red colored hotel looks to open its first branch in Mindanao.

As shown, personnel from Cepalco is installing the necessary electrical connection to serve the facility.

The hotel’s opening provided job opportunities for the hotel service sector.

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #903
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

MUST plans Alubijid campus
Mon, 26 Nov 2012

I chanced upon this masterplan for Mindanao University of Science and Technology’s (MUST) proposed campus in Alubijid, Misamis Oriental.

As shown, the buildings’ design is patterned after the new Science Complex at their CM Recto campus. I observed that the library building stands at the center. Well, this is just a proposal and perhaps design changes can occur once implemented.

MUST’s campus in Cagayan de Oro has been plagued with flooding problems that new structures need to be raised a few meters above normal ground level to address the flooding. Perhaps transferring to Alubijid would just be a good idea to decongest the city campus. It can be considered that Alubijid is quite far from the city but soon, and once Laguindingan Airport operates, the proposed campus will just be a few minutes away.

photo from facebook

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #904
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottymot_007 View Post

Resurrected on a Sunday.

My comeback photo speaks for vibrant economic activity on this side of Northern Mindanao. This density of vehicles traversing through Maharlika Bridge could be mistaken for a regular weekday rush; but this picture was taken on a Sunday morning! The welcoming Oro skyline stands as the city's cream of the crop. While there's a lot more jewels to discover as visitors go more up close and more personal within the City of Golden Friendship.

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #905
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

PROJECT WATCH: Other construction updates in the uptown area
Mon, 26 Nov 2012

The construction of the Peugeot showroom beside the BMW is going fast as they are now on the finishing stages.

This is another luxury brand in the ever increasing stable of fine horses by the Cagay-anon tycoon Jose Ch. Alvarez.

A few meters away, the building beside Stonestown Suites is now almost finished.

At the Pueblo de Oro Township, the construction of the St. Francis Xavier Chapel is now being revived again after months of delay.

photos and text by nooboon

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #906
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

PROJECT WATCH: Quick updates of Paseo del Rio
Mon, 26 Nov 2012

Here are quick updates of Paseo del Rio. The Paseo Mall and Convention Center’s façade is now being finished, they will paint it instead of putting metal cladding.

Meanwhile, the Riviera hotel is now on the 9th floor.

The T-crane was jacked up just recently.

photos and text by nooboon

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #907
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

Camella Condo Homes - Cagayan de Oro (26-Storey Twin Towers)
Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old November 30th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #908
nivramster
"soar high"

Likes (Received): 556

very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo88 View Post
Camella Condo Homes - Cagayan de Oro (26-Storey Twin Towers)
Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines

Old December 8th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #909
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

PROJECT WATCH: Tune Hotel latest updates as of December 1, 2012
Fri, 7 Dec 2012

Here are latest photos of the under construction 10-storey Tune Hotel Cagayan de Oro.

As shown, work is still on the 5th floor with sector 2 (back) now rising behind the main facade. You can see the Limketkai Gateway and Hotel in the background.

A July 2013 opening is achievable.

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #910
tita01

Likes (Received): 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo88 View Post
MUST plans Alubijid campus
Mon, 26 Nov 2012

I chanced upon this masterplan for Mindanao University of Science and Technology’s (MUST) proposed campus in Alubijid, Misamis Oriental.

As shown, the buildings’ design is patterned after the new Science Complex at their CM Recto campus. I observed that the library building stands at the center. Well, this is just a proposal and perhaps design changes can occur once implemented.

MUST’s campus in Cagayan de Oro has been plagued with flooding problems that new structures need to be raised a few meters above normal ground level to address the flooding. Perhaps transferring to Alubijid would just be a good idea to decongest the city campus. It can be considered that Alubijid is quite far from the city but soon, and once Laguindingan Airport operates, the proposed campus will just be a few minutes away.

photo from facebook

ganda naman nito
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #911
mm17
MELTING POT OF MINDANAO

Likes (Received): 2004

The rumored H.R.C

~MRRD/PRRD~

The 4th Economic Center in the country.
mm17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #912
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

PROJECT WATCH: New commercial strip at Limketkai
damarre / December 25, 2012 /

The new building now rising just behind the movie billboards at Limketkai Complex is actually another commercial strip similar to Rosario Strip.

This undertaking is related to my latest buzz which I posted a few days ago. As shown, the building is actually just a single storey structure with some architecture on the design. Notice the tall tower-like structure at the center? It probably has the outlet’s logo placed on the upper section of it.

Rumors state this will be a high end restobar… which explains the large parking space adjoining it.

This area is now elevated of at least 5 feet from the original level so flooding is not a problem.

This would finally be unwrapped early next year… so hold on tight.

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #913
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

Aqua-Carne Fish and Meat Boutique opens at Alae
DAMARRE / DECEMBER 20, 2012 / NO COMMENT

Residents in Alae, Upper Puerto will not have to go to Puerto proper to buy fresh meat after Aqua-Carne Fish and Meat Boutique opened recently.

Fish meat are purchased directly from General Santos City. See photos below during the inauguration yesterday.

photos by reynolds kiunisala

More pictures here: http://www.cdodev.com/2012/12/20/aqu...opens-at-alae/

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #914
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

New budget hotel to open soon in Agusan
DAMARRE / DECEMBER 17, 2012 / 4 COMMENTS

A small budget hotel will open soon in Agusan, Cagayan de Oro City.
Hotel Tom and Coffee Bar, located along the National Highway beside Mt. Zion School is a 2-storey hotel and will likely cater to business travelers in the area.
If you’re business agenda is somewhat in the vicinity of Agusan, Puerto and Bugo areas, this hotel might just be the place to stay rather than travel to the city proper and face the traffic. It has 14 rooms and one function room.

Based on the construction updates, opening might be in the first quarter of 2013.

photos by Tom Racaza

More photos here: http://www.cdodev.com/

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #915
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

YM Suites now open
damarre / December 24, 2012 / No Comment

The fully renovated 5-storey building along President Quirino Street in Cogon is now open for business. YM SUITES is the latest hotel accommodation to open in the city.

I still have no further info though on how many rooms, the room rates as well as the amenities but one thing is that YM Suites is definitely very accessible.

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #916
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

Sendong Memorial Wall unveiled
damarre / December 17, 2012 / 27 Comments

The Sendong Memorial Wall at Gaston Park was finally unveiled this afternoon, December 17, 2012.

Through the efforts of the JCI Bai Lawanen led by Gean T. Cesar and Gigi Go in cooperation with the City Government of Cagayan de Oro, the 8×12 feet memorial wall are etched names of those who died and still remain missing due to Sendong. This tribute will stand with honor and dignity at Gaston Park, fronting the Saint Augustine Church.

The activity was also broadcasted live through Parasat Cable TV and ABS-CBN Northern Mindanao.

Photos below show the actual unveiling of the wall.

….A closer look of a list on the said wall.

Forever in time, this wall will be a fitting remembrance of the tragic event of December 17, 2011.

More pictures here: http://www.cdodev.com/

ABS-CBN unveils Sendong Balitandaan Marker in CDO
damarre / December 23, 2012

Broadcast giant ABS-CBN recently unveiled its “Balitandaan”, a marker near Ysalina Bridge to commemorate the first anniversary of Typhoon Sendong.

Former Vice President Kabayan Noli de Castro, local officials led by Councilor Nadya Emano and ABS-CBN Regional representatives led the unveiling as shown below.

photos from facebook

City unveils ‘Tree of Life’
damarre / December 19, 2012

THE City Government unveiled Monday the “Tree of Life” that reportedly saved more than 50 residents during the onslaught of last year’s Tropical Storm “Sendong” in Cagayan de Oro.

Read more here: http://www.cdodev.com/

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #917
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

Cagayan de Oro’s 3D painting gallery now at Divisoria
damarre / December 24, 2012 / 3 Comments

Local artists have recently opened their 3D Painting gallery at Divisoria at the former amphitheater section.

There are currently four of them with the first one shown above (a 3D version of the Macahambus adventure). Below is the famous whitewater rafting.

This below shows an underwater scene…

The last shown below I think is still unfinished and shows an eagle flying.

The beauty of these 3-d paintings is that you can only appreciate it when you look at them at a certain viewpoint – from the side. But hey, this is a first of its kind in the city. Why don’t you drop by and see for yourselves.

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #918
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

PROJECT WATCH: Ororama Supercenter now levelling up
damarre / December 25, 2012 / No Comment

The expansion building of Ororama Supercenter (Cogon) is now almost done as shown.

With new malls and shopping centers sprouting in the city, Ororama is not just about to throw in the hat. Afterall, it’s one of the homegrown companies which propelled the city’s economic growth. The new building at the corner of JR Borja and Mortola Streets is connected to the main building.

You could also see major repainting on the facades – yellow… perhaps an upgrade from their perennial orange?

Although I have no photo, the existing second floor of the department store has also expanded now extending towards the southern section above the grocery.

Apart from this project, Ororama is also planning to put up another branch in the eastern part of the city.

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #919
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

PRIMAVERA RESIDENCES & GRANVIA SUITES

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #920
Bamboo88
The RENEGADE

LIMKETKAI HOTEL

I LOVE MINDANAO!
MINDANA1