daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 1st, 2013, 06:45 PM   #2121
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6531

no news since a quite time, i really hope we'll get good news until the end of this year
ZZ-II no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM   #2122
ANDRETO
♥ Living & loving! ♥

Likes (Received): 1672

Finally we can understand the deal with the so called "Sky Streets"...

They are designed for pedestrians, not for cars.

Quote:
A network of interior ramps act as "sky streets", you can walk from top to bottom, all six miles of it.
Source.

Serge Latouche
________________________________________________________________________________
The World is big enough to satisfy everyone's needs, but will always be too small to satisfy individual greed.
Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by ANDRETO; October 2nd, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
ANDRETO no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 05:57 PM   #2123
Gwellbeing
Global Wellbeing

Likes (Received): 84

There's a similar Demo tower with rooftop helipad next to J100 construction site

The demo tower and the construction site next to it

http://inequalityreduced.blogspot.co...-all-over.html

makskorpion, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Gwellbeing no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 06:33 PM   #2124
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

I think that was construction for this test building, not j100:

PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
patrykus no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:10 PM   #2125
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Don't tell me that's the building from the construction video from like last year

ThatOneGuy no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:32 PM   #2126
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Yeah I think that's the one.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:37 PM   #2127
mindgoessnap

Likes (Received): 43

I hope this gets built before China's real estate bubble bursts. The government can't keep building giant office towers and empty towns forever, no matter how much it wants to sustain growth. At the very least it would validate a radical new construction technique, and also provide a cool building to boot!

mindgoessnap no está en línea  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 01:58 AM   #2128
Chrissib
Margela Schurkel

Likes (Received): 12944

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindgoessnap View Post
I hope this gets built before China's real estate bubble bursts. The government can't keep building giant office towers and empty towns forever, no matter how much it wants to sustain growth. At the very least it would validate a radical new construction technique, and also provide a cool building to boot!
I think that the real estate bubble is a regional phenomenon. Cities in the inner provinces still have a lot of growth potential because of low urbanization, and that includes Changsha. The bubble is present in coastal cities except Beijing which will always be attractive to all Chinese as it has the capital bonus.

Chrissib está en línea ahora  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM   #2129
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindgoessnap View Post
Exactly how many EMPTY towns have you been to in China? Leave us a list and we'll make sure the census people don;t waste their time going there. In my experience the problem isn't the overabundance of empty towns but the overabundance of people even in the countryside. Where do you get this stuff out of a newspaper or watching the news? Apart from the areas cleared by the governments to make way for major construction projects like the three gorge dams etc all other places have people. The hospitals, schools and other public buildings are in use. Let me make this point quite clearly the actual demand for housing exceeds the current supply the real problem is the actual cost or price of housing simpy makes it beyond the scope of a lot of people to purchase one. If a building is under occuppied is more to do with the fact that low income earners can;t purchase it outright or the lending policies of the banks make it difficult to secure a loan. Hence a lot of people are pushed into the low end of rental market in some cases in almost slum like conditions. The vast majority of those people would jump at the chance to buy a new apartment. The problem is not lack of demand or over supply the problem is supplying housing that is more affordable for low income earners and getting the banks to lend money to those very same people.

As it stands a lot of middle class people buy multiple properties using their exisitng properties as collateral to buy more the rent them out to bring in a montly income, Chinese tend to place a lot of faith in bricks and mortar types of investments and after the pass away it simply gets handed down. It's a convenient store of wealth the problem is a lot of real construction is geared towards those kind of investors with purchasing power or disposable income. With urbanization the challenge will be to ensure that all income groups that an opportunity to own their own home and that people not holding a permanent residence card are not discriminated against in terms of securing loans for a property eg first home owners. I could go on but I won't.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, zilze, FM 2258 liked this post
kunming tiger no está en línea  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:55 AM   #2130
Twopsy

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
Exactly how many EMPTY towns have you been to in China? Leave us a list and we'll make sure the census people don;t waste their time going there. In my experience the problem isn't the overabundance of empty towns but the overabundance of people even in the countryside. Where do you get this stuff out of a newspaper or watching the news? Apart from the areas cleared by the governments to make way for major construction projects like the three gorge dams etc all other places have people. The hospitals, schools and other public buildings are in use. Let me make this point quite clearly the actual demand for housing exceeds the current supply the real problem is the actual cost or price of housing simpy makes it beyond the scope of a lot of people to purchase one. If a building is under occuppied is more to do with the fact that low income earners can;t purchase it outright or the lending policies of the banks make it difficult to secure a loan. Hence a lot of people are pushed into the low end of rental market in some cases in almost slum like conditions. The vast majority of those people would jump at the chance to buy a new apartment. The problem is not lack of demand or over supply the problem is supplying housing that is more affordable for low income earners and getting the banks to lend money to those very same people.

As it stands a lot of middle class people buy multiple properties using their exisitng properties as collateral to buy more the rent them out to bring in a montly income, Chinese tend to place a lot of faith in bricks and mortar types of investments and after the pass away it simply gets handed down. It's a convenient store of wealth the problem is a lot of real construction is geared towards those kind of investors with purchasing power or disposable income. With urbanization the challenge will be to ensure that all income groups that an opportunity to own their own home and that people not holding a permanent residence card are not discriminated against in terms of securing loans for a property eg first home owners. I could go on but I won't.
What do you think about this report? Is is fake?: http://io9.com/chinas-brand-new-aban...n-m-1238731420

Twopsy no está en línea  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:51 PM   #2131
ANDRETO
♥ Living & loving! ♥

Likes (Received): 1672

What a waste of money!!

I wish in my country we have those resources to make such wonders.

Serge Latouche
________________________________________________________________________________
The World is big enough to satisfy everyone's needs, but will always be too small to satisfy individual greed.
Mahatma Gandhi

ANDRETO no está en línea  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 06:51 PM   #2132
Delta1088

Likes (Received): 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twopsy View Post

What do you think about this report? Is is fake?: http://io9.com/chinas-brand-new-aban...n-m-1238731420
Clearly u have not been following the updates on this town lol

ChuckScraperMiami#1, zilze liked this post
Delta1088 no está en línea  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 07:29 PM   #2133
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Especially with one of China's largest construction signed on as partner, plus Broad Group's status as one of Hunan Province's premier corporations, it's not like those guys have no political pull. It'll be a tug of war but I think BSB will eventually prevail.
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #2134
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

endurance is key in china

KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old October 4th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #2135
Gwellbeing
Global Wellbeing

Likes (Received): 84

More elegant and sophisticated shapes from BSB.

Thanks to Shanghai based UBG International is responsible for the expansion of the Group’s products and services into international markets. Presently, the Company is involved in the trade of Broad Sustainable Buildings, furniture, electrical equipment, and mechanical equipment.

With such a strong financial backer BSB needs not to worry. All they have to do is simply enhance the designs like their upcoming buildings.

Rooftop Helipad and helicopter hangar on BSB building's J100 site which it self is next to GAC Fiat factory.

J100 Mini Sky City near broad Head Quarter.
Old October 4th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #2136
nick_hughes

Likes (Received): 75

nice project
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #2137
kunming tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twopsy View Post
Why would I need to read reports in English in foreign newspapers when I can simply step out my door drive around the country and ask people the situation on the ground?? If you have command of the Chinese language you will get reports that not anybody is happy all the time. The major complaints tend to be the high cost of housing , the standard of the public health care system the increasing cost of living over crowding on roads and finding suitable employment in the face of discrimination against non locals. This is not even an exhaustive list.

My advice is stop reading reports and get on a plane . Now if your eyes don;t bring the truth to light then your ears will just brush up on your Chinese. I remember years ago having an argument with some locals over smog in cities and I kept saying it was bad and they kept saying the local authorities kept saying the problem didn't exist. I was dumbfounded in the end I pointed at the end of the street and asked them if they could see itand they replied they couldn;t so I rested my case.

My friend pulled me aside and told me that even if they agreed with me I couldn't do so publicly for obvious reasons. Things are better now than they were before . I will respect any man that would write and publish an article about China in China regardless of whether it's positive or negative . It's not the article I'm respecting it's the character of the man behind it.

The reports themselves are not baseless they either overstate or understate an issue or it' s a rule without taking into account possible exceptions or the exception to the rule disquised as the general rule. It's really about the effect and not the cause.

The news is less about reality and more about perception and that perception is largely created by a matrix of reports true, half true or frabricated that are designed to create and maintain a negative image of China which is largely undeserved.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, z0rg, joseskax liked this post
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #2138
kunming tiger

This report or that one , claim or counter claim typically media. What we need is a Super Laowai kind of guy in Changsha to keep us posted . Around here seeing is believing.

Old October 5th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #2139
Twopsy

Likes (Received): 68

I was already in China a few times, but only in lively cities like Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Macau, Beijing and Tianjin. The empty cities are not well known, because most people (including me) do not visit them. They are not the fault of the Chinese anyway. They are built with European, American and Arabian money. Investors hope that "someday" all those buildings will be needed. Today you can still build big buildings for little money. So it makes sense to build them many years before they are really needed.

Twopsy no está en línea  
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #2140
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6882

??? No such thing as an empty city in China.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city