daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old February 25th, 2014, 10:35 AM   #2401
Gwellbeing
Global Wellbeing

Likes (Received): 82

Zhang Yue of China Broad Group is interviewed by Jeff Herzer during the 2013 CTBUH London Conference at The Brewery, London. Zhang talks about Sky City, the Broad Group's 838m tower planned to be constructed in only 9 months.

He's aiming to remove cars from cities like Hamburg

Wednesday 12th June 2013. London, UK.

CP11 liked this post
Gwellbeing no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #2402
Arch
Charley says

Likes (Received): 14

10km long street? Nobody is going to want to drive round and round and round for an hour to get to their apartment. What a waste of time and energy. If china put as much time and energy into renewable green forms of energy as the do on building ever larger ***** extensions, our environment would be in better shape.
I hope they can pull off this 9 month turnaround, then we would have saved enormous amounts of energy in construction. However it still has taken vast amounts to manufacture the building materials. When will they reduce their emissions? People are walking around and breathing in soup.
Arch no está en línea  
Old February 25th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #2403
Elster

Likes (Received): 1079

This thread is an eyesore, this project is one big fraud - move it to thread's oblivion
Old February 26th, 2014, 01:52 AM   #2404
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
10km long street? Nobody is going to want to drive round and round and round for an hour to get to their apartment. What a waste of time and energy. If china put as much time and energy into renewable green forms of energy as the do on building ever larger ***** extensions, our environment would be in better shape.
I hope they can pull off this 9 month turnaround, then we would have saved enormous amounts of energy in construction. However it still has taken vast amounts to manufacture the building materials. When will they reduce their emissions? People are walking around and breathing in soup.
The street exist doesn't mean you have to drive and walk around it all day, there is this thing called elevators. The modular construction method, taking into consideration of manufacturing the modules, is still a lot greener than a build on site traditional building. BTW You may want to check that China has the world's largest wind power generation capacity, and has the world's largest renewable energy industry, BSB is one of them.

TowerVerre:) liked this post
hmmwv no está en línea  
Old February 26th, 2014, 02:16 AM   #2405
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |Ķ┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
The street exist doesn't mean you have to drive and walk around it all day, there is this thing called elevators. The modular construction method, taking into consideration of manufacturing the modules, is still a lot greener than a build on site traditional building. BTW You may want to check that China has the world's largest wind power generation capacity, and has the world's largest renewable energy industry, BSB is one of them.
Tell that to the 400 million Chinese who suffer from bad air pollution on a daily basis. Beijing is literally unhabitable ... wind turbines and stuff won't help the locals much. Clear rivers and pushing back the deserts would.
hunser no está en línea  
Old February 26th, 2014, 02:45 AM   #2406
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elster View Post
This thread is an eyesore, this project is one big fraud - move it to thread's oblivion
Finally someone with a brain!
Jay no está en línea  
Old February 26th, 2014, 03:36 AM   #2407
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Still an interesting interview either way. Seems very level headed and such as any CEO would be so whether they realize they may just have to scale back, or that their timeframe do to this as is will take longer than anticipated, I hope to see it be done someday.
The-Real-Link no está en línea  
Old February 28th, 2014, 01:34 AM   #2408
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
Tell that to the 400 million Chinese who suffer from bad air pollution on a daily basis. Beijing is literally unhabitable ... wind turbines and stuff won't help the locals much. Clear rivers and pushing back the deserts would.
Air pollution of course is an issue, I'm just stating the facts, if those measures are not taken the problem would have become much worse. Clean river and push back desert is not going to help neither, they need to shut down all construction and most of the heavy industry to ease air pollution.
Old February 28th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #2409
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elster View Post
We'll see . I don't say this will be build for sure, i'm also a bit sceptical until now but i still see some chances for it.
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old February 28th, 2014, 08:11 AM   #2410
jamesh9000

Likes (Received): 1

Now that J97 is rising I don't think you can definitely say this is a fraud.
jamesh9000 no está en línea  
Old March 1st, 2014, 01:44 PM   #2411
Speechless.♥

Likes (Received): 630

I think this tower should be started during 2014 or newer. Project is an exceptional because it would be worldīs highest tower for some years. But itīs a pity to have this tower build when Freedom Tower will have 840m for exampole, because the design of Sky City is avarge. J79 only proves that the new technology, planed for Sky City, is as fast as any other. If it wonīt be started this year, maybe the project wouldnīt be finished before Freedom Tower has 840.
Speechless.♥ no está en línea  
Old March 1st, 2014, 02:15 PM   #2412
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless.♥ View Post
I think this tower should be started during 2014 or newer. Project is an exceptional because it would be worldīs highest tower for some years. But itīs a pity to have this tower build when Freedom Tower will have 840m for exampole, because the design of Sky City is avarge. J79 only proves that the new technology, planed for Sky City, is as fast as any other. If it wonīt be started this year, maybe the project wouldnīt be finished before Freedom Tower has 840.
Freedom tower is 541m
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old March 1st, 2014, 02:56 PM   #2413
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
Freedom tower is 541m
I think he meant Kingdom Tower...

CrazyDave liked this post
phoenixboi08 no está en línea  
Old March 1st, 2014, 04:34 PM   #2414
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
I think he meant Kingdom Tower...
Yes that's what he meant!
CrazyDave no está en línea  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 02:02 PM   #2415
Gwellbeing
Global Wellbeing

Likes (Received): 82

Rapid construction is possible by using 3D printers which is being used to print a whole apartment in Netherlands.

NASA is doing further research in the field.

Jewish liked this post
Gwellbeing no está en línea  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:05 PM   #2416
Arch
Charley says

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
Does the building have a road that spirals 10k to the top? That's my understanding of it, I may be wrong. If so it will take a long time to drive up it, going round and round. Seems a bit pointless, that's the point I'm trying to make. There are these little things called elevators. China is one of the world's biggest polluters and the government has failed to stop its air from becoming a health hazard because its more interested in what it sees as progress through industrialisation. China has borrowed too much money to do this and is now facing financial ruin and an environmental disaster.

Last edited by Arch; March 3rd, 2014 at 04:14 PM.
Arch no está en línea  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:29 PM   #2417
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

M'KAY
I can cheat you blind.

RockAss liked this post
AltinD no está en línea  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:47 PM   #2418
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3185

Quote:
Does the building have a road that spirals 10k to the top? That's my understanding of it, I may be wrong. If so it will take a long time to drive up it, going round and round. Seems a bit pointless, that's the point I'm trying to make. There are these little things called elevators. China is one of the world's biggest polluters and the government has failed to stop its air from becoming a health hazard because its more interested in what it sees as progress through industrialisation. China has borrowed too much money to do this and is now facing financial ruin and an environmental disaster.
What a moron!
Munwon no está en línea  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:50 PM   #2419
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2622

If you have seen how British media report on China you know why British people have such views about China. Just be glad this building isn't proposed in India, he'd be foaming from his mouth.
droneriot no está en línea  
Old March 4th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #2420
Kyll.Ing.

Likes (Received): 3628

Quote:
The road would not be meant for cars. It'd mostly be a glorified spiral staircase, albeit a little more lively than most. It would be for people to walk a floor or ten up or down, as an alternative to elevators.

I mean, who in their right mind would bother to drive a car all the way up there? For what? And if the "road" was opened for everybody who lived in the tower, you'd be looking at a perpetual indoor traffic jam, or a gas chamber, depending on how well ventilated it would be. Maybe they'd pull a car up there for an advertisement stunt once, but it would probably be towed by winches most of the way, to prevent emissions.

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city