daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old April 23rd, 2014, 11:18 AM   #2441
Gwellbeing
Global Wellbeing
 
Gwellbeing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Paris
Posts: 72
Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elster View Post
on paper broad has built half of the world
Google maps location of Broad's new facility north of Changsha


Panoramio gallery of S30 project by BSB
__________________

Munwon, ilovecoffee liked this post

Last edited by Gwellbeing; April 23rd, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
Gwellbeing no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:56 AM   #2442
G.A.M.E.R
My First SSC Anniversary!
 
G.A.M.E.R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salatiga
Posts: 170
Likes (Received): 68

Any news of the construction???
__________________
Hope this tower can be built ASAP :)
2400m Dubai City Tower, DUBAI
1050m Azerbaijan Tower, BAKU
1007m Kingdom Tower, JEDDAH
1001m Burj Mubarak al-Kabir, MADINAT AL-HAREER
838m Sky City, CHANGSHA
638m Signature Tower, JAKARTA

808 liked this post
G.A.M.E.R no está en línea  
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #2443
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Howell/Newark, NJ
Posts: 2,242
Likes (Received): 4181

Congratulations, Broad for forgetting sidewalks while trying to create a sustainable future. No mode of transportation generates less pollution than walking or biking, and no mode creates more pollution than private cars on roads, except airplanes. It is obvious that sidewalks are needed there!
__________________
If I don't say otherwise, all of my images are on my blog,
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot.com/?view=sidebar

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/
towerpower123 no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #2444
Gwellbeing
Global Wellbeing
 
Gwellbeing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Paris
Posts: 72
Likes (Received): 82

BSBs aims to mass produce super tall towers

Broad Sustainable Buildings increasing footprint in its bid to become the mass producer of world's tallest sustainable towers.

Island Master plan


Another Super tall


Broad Sustainable Buildings master-plan for Tianjin 远大可建科技


山东远大可建科技产业园项目是2013年威海市级重点项目,总投资20亿元,规划占地2000亩,主要从事斜支撑钢结构可持续民用建筑生产。


Wind turbines providing electricity for BSB's Shandong facility


BSB facility in Changsha 远大(湘阴) — in Xiangyin County.
__________________

ilovecoffee, maxer liked this post
Gwellbeing no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #2445
NanoMini
Wat's price of the earth?
 
NanoMini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,163
Likes (Received): 2533

This project spends 3,5 years.
NanoMini no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #2446
SomeKindOfBug
Registered User
 
SomeKindOfBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,042
Likes (Received): 1035

That project reads like one of those utopian masterplans from the 50s and 60s. Designed to solve problems they thought were insurmountable, but in time were conquered by the slow march of progress.

Sky City solves problems (such as overcrowding) that we face today, but will be eroded by the time this thing is finished/realized.

I don't think it will ever be built as-is. And even if it is, it won't be heralded as some grand savior because by then alternative solutions will have been developed.
SomeKindOfBug no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #2447
NanoMini
Wat's price of the earth?
 
NanoMini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,163
Likes (Received): 2533

More than 3 years, how can they build this tower in 1 year?
NanoMini no está en línea  
Old June 6th, 2014, 12:38 AM   #2448
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,493

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKindOfBug View Post
That project reads like one of those utopian masterplans from the 50s and 60s. Designed to solve problems they thought were insurmountable, but in time were conquered by the slow march of progress.

Sky City solves problems (such as overcrowding) that we face today, but will be eroded by the time this thing is finished/realized.

I don't think it will ever be built as-is. And even if it is, it won't be heralded as some grand savior because by then alternative solutions will have been developed.
As long as they don't house criminals and other lowlifes, and keep it maintained every once in a while, there's no reason it shouldn't successfully perform what it was designed for.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea  
Old June 6th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #2449
erbse
LIBERTINED
 
erbse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McLenBurg
Posts: 43,251
Likes (Received): 57955

Who wants any of these repetetive modular towers in his city?

I mean, it's not like demand will be boasting for any such thing in China either.
They want individual and beautiful supertalls, too. SkyCity is neither.

It could be a model once we settle new planets though.
__________________
GET FREE!
D W F


🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Dubai Skyscraper liked this post
erbse no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2014, 09:40 AM   #2450
G.A.M.E.R
My First SSC Anniversary!
 
G.A.M.E.R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salatiga
Posts: 170
Likes (Received): 68

It's June, any process?
Can't wait for rising around 500m
__________________
Hope this tower can be built ASAP :)
2400m Dubai City Tower, DUBAI
1050m Azerbaijan Tower, BAKU
1007m Kingdom Tower, JEDDAH
1001m Burj Mubarak al-Kabir, MADINAT AL-HAREER
838m Sky City, CHANGSHA
638m Signature Tower, JAKARTA
G.A.M.E.R no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #2451
Victhor
Que paza!!!
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Spain/Shanghai
Posts: 2,501
Likes (Received): 1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Who wants any of these repetetive modular towers in his city?

I mean, it's not like demand will be boasting for any such thing in China either.
They want individual and beautiful supertalls, too. SkyCity is neither.

It could be a model once we settle new planets though.
It's publicity for the company, if they succeed with this project, it will be famous worldwide and a lot of companies could be interested in doing all kind of projects we can't imagine yet with this system, not only skyscrapers.
Victhor no está en línea  
Old June 15th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #2452
HoneyDaddy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dubai
Posts: 472
Likes (Received): 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Who wants any of these repetetive modular towers in his city?

I mean, it's not like demand will be boasting for any such thing in China either.
They want individual and beautiful supertalls, too. SkyCity is neither.

It could be a model once we settle new planets though.
"Modular" doesn't mean they all will look alike. Modules can be of different shape and size.
HoneyDaddy no está en línea  
Old June 15th, 2014, 07:04 PM   #2453
erbse
LIBERTINED
 
erbse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McLenBurg
Posts: 43,251
Likes (Received): 57955

Sure they can and I'm sure the construction industry will benefit from this in various occasions. But I doubt we'll see many actual skyscrapers using this specific technique as an overall concept. Perhaps some more in a few developing countries.
__________________
GET FREE!
D W F


🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Chrissib liked this post
erbse no está en línea  
Old June 15th, 2014, 08:36 PM   #2454
CompayEE
CompayEE
 
CompayEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London
Posts: 182
Likes (Received): 29

The Guardian has got a pretty interesting article on it. Click on the link as it comes with photos, vids etc. (I can't paste below the whole article)

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddes...ing-six-months

The Chinese billionaire with six months to make the world's tallest building

Zhang Yue was the first man in China to own a private jet, and his office is modelled on the Palace of Versailles. Now, he plans to save the planet by raising the world's tallest building in just six months. A new documentary goes behind the scenes of the great Chinese eco gold rush

Oliver Wainwright
theguardian.com, Thursday 12 June 2014 14.23 BST
Jump to comments (82)
CompayEE no está en línea  
Old June 15th, 2014, 09:02 PM   #2455
ilovecoffee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: livingston nj and new haven ct
Posts: 73
Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompayEE View Post
The Guardian has got a pretty interesting article on it. Click on the link as it comes with photos, vids etc. (I can't paste below the whole article)

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddes...ing-six-months

The Chinese billionaire with six months to make the world's tallest building

Zhang Yue was the first man in China to own a private jet, and his office is modelled on the Palace of Versailles. Now, he plans to save the planet by raising the world's tallest building in just six months. A new documentary goes behind the scenes of the great Chinese eco gold rush

Oliver Wainwright
theguardian.com, Thursday 12 June 2014 14.23 BST
Jump to comments (82)
from the article " he hopes to have the project finished by the end of this year".

well at least that's some what progressive news.

Last edited by ilovecoffee; June 15th, 2014 at 09:11 PM.
ilovecoffee no está en línea  
Old June 15th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #2456
CompayEE
CompayEE
 
CompayEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London
Posts: 182
Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecoffee View Post
from the article " he hopes to have the project finished by the end of this year".

well at least that's some what progressive news.

This guy, I mean the Chinese billionaire, strikes me as a tad too eccentric thus perhaps his words shouldn't be taken at face value. Let's wait and see but I'm rather skeptical...
CompayEE no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2014, 08:13 PM   #2457
China Hand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 705
Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerpower123 View Post
Congratulations, Broad for forgetting sidewalks while trying to create a sustainable future. No mode of transportation generates less pollution than walking or biking, and no mode creates more pollution than private cars on roads, except airplanes. It is obvious that sidewalks are needed there!
The Chinese walk in the street as a matter of convention, and often drive on the sidewalk.
__________________

phoenixboi08, RockAss liked this post
China Hand no está en línea  
Old July 9th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #2458
Gwellbeing
Global Wellbeing
 
Gwellbeing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Paris
Posts: 72
Likes (Received): 82

Z15 a new world record by Broad Sustainable Buildings to prove their relentless endeavor to mass produce sustainable buildings world wide


__________________

CP11 liked this post
Gwellbeing no está en línea  
Old July 9th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #2459
cd7890
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: supply,NC
Posts: 102
Likes (Received): 24

yet another building built that doesn't have any bearing on this thread whatsoever
yes,they can build small scale,but as we have seen with their larger scale endeavors,the speed at 15 floors does not scale to 60-100 floors in any way,which renders showing a small building in this thread completely worthless
cd7890 no está en línea  
Old July 9th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #2460
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,504
Likes (Received): 6525

did they build a new small highrise this year or is it the building from ~ 2 years ago?
ZZ-II no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu