daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:30 PM   #2481
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
Hopefully it finally gets approved now...
yes, would be pretty cool if it would get build finally. 202 floors
ZZ-II no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #2482
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
Not really, the setbacks are on different heights, which also means they adjusted for aerodynamics (i.e. the wind tunnel testing .... so take that, patrikus )
You must have forgotten about Kingdom Tower. You know, that much taller tower without ANY setbacks
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea  
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #2483
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
You must have forgotten about Kingdom Tower. You know, that much taller tower without ANY setbacks
Setbacks in different heights is similar to what they did at Burj Khalifa. Kingdom Tower has an even better aerodynamic without setbacks. But Sky City will have alot more usable space.
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #2484
patrykus

That's kinda my point. There are different approaches to the same problem. The guy I responded to once said that kt will probably have setbacks added later to deal with wind problems but that's obviously not the case
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old July 15th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #2485
Gwellbeing
Global Wellbeing

Likes (Received): 80

There are 6 helipads at Sky City Changsha project- Look at the building on the left side

Residents can fly directly from their balcony using Ultralight helicopters

Helicopters being sold alongside RV in China

pteranodon, K.S.A liked this post
Gwellbeing no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #2486
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
The guy I responded to once said that kt will probably have setbacks added later to deal with wind problems but that's obviously not the case
Yes, KT will definitely have no setbacks.
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #2487
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
That's kinda my point. There are different approaches to the same problem. The guy I responded to once said that kt will probably have setbacks added later to deal with wind problems but that's obviously not the case
No no no. I mentioned you because when I said in the past the original design hasn't passed the wind tunnel test, and when it will the design must be adjusted as per the results of the test, you called BS on that and even posted some pictures of the wind tunnel test. Now the design is changed so I was proven right.

And for the record,,I never said KT's design would be changed to integrate setbacks on it, but I've surely said setbacks are more aesthetically pleasing, and I might have also said that it would be aerodinamically better, but let me repeat: I have NEVER said setbacks will be added later. I don't know about you, but I have enough experience to know that such fondamental design issues are handled before it gets public and aproved for construction.

PS: How's the copper covered base of the Shanghai tower's doing?
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #2488
patrykus

you were saying?

Quote:
Although, I have my objections about the smooth slopes. If in BK they had to re-arrange the setbacks based on the wind-tests, I would presume we will some sslight, but noticeable changes on the design here as well. I predict the smooth slopped sides will be cut or things added to address the wind and vortexes problem.

What's that blathering about st's base anyway? It's not even copper afaik..

Old July 15th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #2489
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwellbeing View Post
Residents can fly directly from their balcony using Ultralight helicopters
It may be an optical illusion, but the tower looks like it would have more than six residents.

lotec, pteranodon, Nastel liked this post
droneriot no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2014, 05:06 PM   #2490
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8230

Love that new design now. Clockwise the sides are 5floors higher for each set back. I feel the need to build the new design in minecraft.
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #2491
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
you were saying?

What's that blathering about st's base anyway? It's not even copper afaik..
That does not mean adding setbacks. It can be fins or hollow parts "cut off" from the facade, and since the tower is not build yet, it might very well happen. Oh, and I got news for you: The spire from 670 to 920 meters is planned to be made out of concrete, but the contractor wants to change it to a steel structure. The structural engineer of that tower is open to that.

As for Shanghai Tower, I think it was you (except someone else) that was talking about about using copper at the base, based on the official renders, something I was sure it will not be the case.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #2492
AltinD
The Modecator

Mark my words: There will be none. It goes against any safety procedures as far as flying helicopters is concerned.

I can cheat you blind.

4npower, pteranodon liked this post
AltinD no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2014, 05:49 PM   #2493
droneriot
Urban Hermit

I'll mark your words. Helipads so close to a wall look like a recipe for ugly things.

4npower, ZZ-II, pteranodon liked this post
Old July 15th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #2494
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Waiting for the first Helicopter to crash into the Tower in.......3......2......1
Are there even a lot of normal, middle class families, in Changsha, that own personal Helicopters? I thought this was being built to accompany your normal, average, everyday kind of family. Now we got Helicopters in living rooms Sounds like its a luxury Tower now.
They need to actually make an attempt at some sort of construction before they wow us about Helicopter's and where they land. Just saying
4npower no está en línea  
Old July 15th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #2495
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Maybe Broad will construct helicopters from pre-fab parts that come at a low price, too.
Old July 16th, 2014, 12:54 AM   #2496
patrykus

Quote:
As for Shanghai Tower, I think it was you (except someone else) that was talking about about using copper at the base
nope it's just one of those memory holes

Old July 16th, 2014, 01:41 PM   #2497
generalscarr

Likes (Received): 425

There's nothing like waking up to the sound of a helicopter crashing into your building in the morning! Really wakes you up!

This project is still total BS.

crriss liked this post
generalscarr no está en línea  
Old July 19th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #2498
Gwellbeing
Global Wellbeing

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
Maybe Broad will construct helicopters from pre-fab parts that come at a low price, too.
Rotorway to mass produce copters to replace cars in China

CZT City Cluster to Operate as Helicopter R&D Base

Changsha-Zhuzhou-Xiangtan City Cluster (CZT City Cluster) will be a national key base for the research, development and production of helicopters.

Gwellbeing no está en línea  
Old July 19th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #2499
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

That might be the worst idea ever made. One of those "sounds good on paper, but bad in the real world ideas". Just imagine, hundreds, no wait, thousands, or even tens of thousands of Helicopters, all flying around a city at once It shall be a constant rain storm of burning Helicopter parts falling from the sky. They would all have to use some sort of auto pilot to remove human error and all be linked to a central hub point every so many miles to control the flight path of each Helicopter for this to be even remotely possible.
4npower no está en línea  
Old July 19th, 2014, 11:39 PM   #2500
droneriot
Urban Hermit

No, not even good on paper.

KillerZavatar, 4npower liked this post

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city