daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 31st, 2012, 04:25 AM   #601
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8230

the 2km tower is old news, he mentioned it in a video and in the video it sounded more like that they only play with the idea. i try to find the interview later.
KillerZavatar no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:24 AM   #602
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Thanks for translating that article. Sounds like an environment study is well underway and gave some good facts about the usage spaces of the tower.
The-Real-Link no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:45 AM   #603
Igor Antunov
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Agreed. This project ain't gonna happen
Dude...far greater things have been built in times of far lesser technological know-how and resources availability.

This is China were talking about. It builds things because it can. And it can.
Igor Antunov no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:44 AM   #604
Atmosphere
Live from the sky!

Likes (Received): 797

No, China builds because they want to make money. And right now you can't make money out of a 2KM skyscraper. With the technology today, half of the building will be useless because you need a HUGE core, so much mechanical floors, etc. Imagine having to pump water up to the top floor.

If they are going to build a 2KM tower, I think it would be more logical if it was to be an observation tower.
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:53 AM   #605
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8230

yeah i call vision on that one. but hey i think 2km is possible, give us a reasonable time goal, instead of saying it can be built in 2 years, gives us good designs by real architects, choose a realistic city that can handle a building like this and then i'll buy it, i will still be sceptical, but at least it will be realistic. but i am afraid they will show a design like the sky city one, say it is finished in 2 years and leave it at that just to get attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere View Post
If they are going to build a 2KM tower, I think it would be more logical if it was to be an observation tower.
i am saying it for a while now, i think that the future of buildings will be a mixture between an observation tower and a skyscraper, or an observation tower on a skyscraper if you will. imagine a megatall of 800m or 900m that is rather boxy and on top instead of simply putting a spire there will be another 300m to 400m in a rather pyramidical shape with elevator to an observation deck (or if not that, more like a tv tower, which is kind of like an antenna but in a larger scale). if the megatall below is wide and big and strong enough i think it would be possible and it would make more sense than a 1200m building with a huge spire or a 1200m observation tower which is far too expensive for the rather little use it has compared to a skyscraper.

Last edited by KillerZavatar; August 31st, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:58 PM   #606
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Antunov View Post
Dude...far greater things have been built in times of far lesser technological know-how and resources availability.

I never understood this worshiping of countries. No country in the world will come any close to 2km in the following decade or two. And besides, China will get a cold shower soon when its property bubble will burst. Enjoy this skyscraper construction spree while it lasts, cause it ain't gonna last very long
Old August 31st, 2012, 02:45 PM   #607
cfredo

Likes (Received): 1334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I never understood this worshiping of countries. No country in the world will come any close to 2km in the following decade or two. And besides, China will get a cold shower soon when its property bubble will burst. Enjoy this skyscraper construction spree while it lasts, cause it ain't gonna last very long
I recommend to take look at the (very low) office vacancy rates in Chinese cities, then tell me again that they are overbuilding.
(And please, don't come with the ghost cities BS)
cfredo no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 02:54 PM   #608
Martijn1
Martijn1

Likes (Received): 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere View Post
2 KM? No ******* way. Maybe in 50 years, but now? The costs would be astronomical.
Total investment and source of funds: 4,207,238,500 yuan, sources of funding raised by the company
Martijn1 no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:36 PM   #609
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Antunov View Post

-snip-

slavery gets sh*t done, doesn't it?
Hudson11 no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:56 PM   #610
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfredo View Post
I recommend to take look at the (very low) office vacancy rates in Chinese cities, then tell me again that they are overbuilding.
(And please, don't come with the ghost cities BS)
obviously your going to deny deny deny, considering your location says, "Shanghai" its pathetic to even have a conversation about china with someone who is chinese because they think there the best race on this planet, pathetic.
1Filipe1 no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:07 PM   #611
CoCoMilk

Likes (Received): 1131

likewise...a person with a sig "Proud American"
CoCoMilk no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:39 PM   #612
Kanto
Roof height crusader

But he's right. China isn't some sort of Chuck Norris-land that can miraculously absorb the effects of a property bubble. China is a country just like every other and when its bubble bursts, it will hurt it severely just like it would hurt every other country
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:40 PM   #613
Myster E

Likes (Received): 73

Last edited by Myster E; August 31st, 2012 at 07:21 PM.
Myster E no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:46 PM   #614
cfredo

How is looking at office vacancy rates (determined of western companies like Colliers) denying? It's definetely a more reliable source than some piece of populist journalism.

Of course there are certain places in China, where some overbuilding happens (Ordos etc.), but this is just a small part of China and won't affect the whole economy and property market too much.

Hey, Proud American, I'm not the patriotic/nationalistic one...
I'm not even Chinese, I'm German.
Even the vacancy rates here on the conservative German property market are higher.
cfredo no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:57 PM   #615
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoMilk View Post
likewise...a person with a sig "Proud American"
I dont go around preaching about my country at least here buildings arent governmen built and there no sitting empty and im portuguese actually but american at heart love my country i admit the issues with mine not deny it and say a bubble will never burst like others on this thread
1Filipe1 no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 07:02 PM   #616
cfredo

Then you should get your facts straight: Most of those Chinese supertalls here in this forum are funded by private companies.

for example:
Ping An IFC => Ping An Insurance Corp
Chow Tai Fook Center => Chow Tai Fook (Hong Kong company)
Shanghai World Financial Center => MORI (Japanese company)
Rose Rock IFC => Rockefeller (American company)
Chaotianmen Chongqing => CapitaLand (Singapore company)

So all those foreign companies are building those supertalls in China to show off and lose money?

Last edited by cfredo; August 31st, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
cfredo no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 07:23 PM   #617
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon

Likes (Received): 678

China to Build 2 km High Skyscraper

2 months ago The Morning Whistle published shocking news, which was hard to believe. As reported the publication, Changsha, China's Hunan province will be home to world's tallest building , which will be built in just 7 months. 220-store building will be 838 meters high.

This information was really incredible. How high will raise Chinese ambitions, to make such a statement? China's new propose also was unbelievable, as world's current tallest building Burj Khalifa required six years to build. However, later the information was confirmed by DailyMail, Reuters and CNN information agencies. In addition, they stated that the building will be built not in 7 but in 3 months. The DailyMail reported, the project has been given the go-ahead in Changsa, but the central government still needs to sign off on the deal. But if the go-ahead comes, BSB chief executive officer Zhang Yue wants to start building this November - and finish in January 2013!

Interview with the head and founder of Broad Sustainable Building Company Zhang Yue, published in the Reuters Journal, much increases the likelihood of the realization of this incredible project. As stated Zhang Yue, Land shortages are already a grave problem for us and their pre-fabricated skyscrapers "can fix many of the world's pollution, congestion, transportation and even disease problems by completely purifying the tower's air."

During the interview, a Chinese man said that the 220-story skyscraper, which he called "Sky City" certainly to be built. In addition, he presented to the public another ambitious project, which height is 2 kilometers. Details of the new project are still unknown, but Yue said that 100 percent they will build this building.

Recently the prefab Hotel in China's south-central Hunan province standing 30 stories was erected in an incredible 360 hours or in 15 days. The hotel built Chinese sustainable-building firm Broad Group and the building is designed to withstand up a 9.0 magnitude earthquake - and even boasts energy-efficient building techniques. In 2010 Broad Group during 6 days built another prefab building, the 15-story Ark Hotel in the Changsha Province, demonstrating fantastic speed of prefab building construction.

http://www.construction.am/article.php?id=253

> 同一个做夢
> 同一个中国
(同一个北京)(同一个上海)(同一个天津)(同一个广州)(同一个深圳)(同一个重庆)(同一个杭州)(同一个南京)(同一个沈陽)(同一个武汉)(同一个成都)(同一个長春)(同一个长沙)(同一个苏州)(同一个无锡)(同一个扬州)(同一个西安)(同一个吉林)(同一个青島)(同一个大连)(同一个厦门)(同一个潮州)(同一个高州)(同一个香港)(同一个澳門)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LoVe ChInA
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:43 PM   #618
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
How is looking at office vacancy rates (determined of western companies like Colliers) denying? It's definetely a more reliable source than some piece of populist journalism.

Of course there are certain places in China, where some overbuilding happens (Ordos etc.), but this is just a small part of China and won't affect the whole economy and property market too much.

Hey, Proud American, I'm not the patriotic/nationalistic one...
I'm not even Chinese, I'm German.
Even the vacancy rates here on the conservative German property market are higher.
Some overbuilding? Huge overbuilding I'd say and it's not a small part of China
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:57 PM   #619
ILoveMichaelJackson

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosBlueDragon View Post

China to Build 2 km High Skyscraper

2 months ago The Morning Whistle published shocking news, which was hard to believe. As reported the publication, Changsha, China's Hunan province will be home to world's tallest building , which will be built in just 7 months. 220-store building will be 838 meters high.

This information was really incredible. How high will raise Chinese ambitions, to make such a statement? China's new propose also was unbelievable, as world's current tallest building Burj Khalifa required six years to build. However, later the information was confirmed by DailyMail, Reuters and CNN information agencies. In addition, they stated that the building will be built not in 7 but in 3 months. The DailyMail reported, the project has been given the go-ahead in Changsa, but the central government still needs to sign off on the deal. But if the go-ahead comes, BSB chief executive officer Zhang Yue wants to start building this November - and finish in January 2013!

Interview with the head and founder of Broad Sustainable Building Company Zhang Yue, published in the Reuters Journal, much increases the likelihood of the realization of this incredible project. As stated Zhang Yue, Land shortages are already a grave problem for us and their pre-fabricated skyscrapers "can fix many of the world's pollution, congestion, transportation and even disease problems by completely purifying the tower's air."

During the interview, a Chinese man said that the 220-story skyscraper, which he called "Sky City" certainly to be built. In addition, he presented to the public another ambitious project, which height is 2 kilometers. Details of the new project are still unknown, but Yue said that 100 percent they will build this building.

Recently the prefab Hotel in China's south-central Hunan province standing 30 stories was erected in an incredible 360 hours or in 15 days. The hotel built Chinese sustainable-building firm Broad Group and the building is designed to withstand up a 9.0 magnitude earthquake - and even boasts energy-efficient building techniques. In 2010 Broad Group during 6 days built another prefab building, the 15-story Ark Hotel in the Changsha Province, demonstrating fantastic speed of prefab building construction.

http://www.construction.am/article.php?id=253

Hard rumor
ILoveMichaelJackson no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:58 PM   #620
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:

China is a very large country and just as the USA 'experts' repeated, over and over, that 'All Real Estate is Local', when the bubble burst in one city, then another, then another, it became a national problem.

The USA had and has some cities with low vacancy rates. Manhattan still has low rates and high rents, but many states such as California, Arizona, Florida, have dropped -80% or more in places. There were places with low vacancy like in Shanghai, AND they had over builiding too. In the same country. Ireland, Spain - the same.

So China is not immune to market forces. Prices in areas other than The Bund can and WILL drop, and you will continue to repeat that Shanghai vacancy rates for CRE continue to be low low low as the value of property in other provinces drops by half.

The same happened in USA, Ireland, etc. It will happen in China, too.

Detroit, Michigan, USA has seen drops of almost -99.9%, but no one wants to live there, the houses have been stripped, and they have huge tax liens and local regulation requirements to Make Ready to Code any house you purchase.

So the house that was $100,000 and is now $100 USD [that is NOT a keyboard error and yes it is real], costs 50k in fix up costs. No bargain considering the crime, schools and weather of Detroit.
China Hand no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city