daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 26th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #721
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

we do not have sources for the approval yet, so no it is not approved as far as we know
KillerZavatar no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #722
imagineer100

Likes (Received): 14

I just have to say, I'm so proud of Changsha! My birthplace is finally getting a spot on the map!
imagineer100 no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #723
darkie_one

Likes (Received): 1833

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapernab2 View Post
The concept of the super-scraper and surrounding nature is perfect. [...] If you can fit 100,000 people and everything they need into each tower, you can get rid of the roads, and powerlines and congestion of a typical city. Connect 20 of these and you have a city of 2 million in a small area with nothing but natural Earth around them. This is the future.
Utopia.

You still need power plants around, sewage processing facilities, logistic terminals to supply inhabitants with goods and food, you can't place factories in such buildings due to vibrations, pollution and so on.

darkie_one no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #724
Legomaniac

Likes (Received): 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkie_one View Post
Utopia.

You still need power plants around, sewage processing facilities, logistic terminals to supply inhabitants with goods and food, you can't place factories in such buildings due to vibrations, pollution and so on.

Not to forget that if a natural disaster happens (like it usually does) you have a completely devastated city with 2 million homeless people. In that case what do you do? So yeah, the idea of having all these utopian cities can be quite complex. More than just saying: glue 20 of these together.

Cheers.
Legomaniac no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #725
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

Location: Nanjing (CN), Beijing (CN), Braunschweig (GER), Dubai (UAE)
Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Utopia.

I think this kind of building will redefine the way humanity will live in the future. Maybe not in Europe or the United States where living space is not an issue, but for Asia and I especially want to highlight countries like India or Bangladesh, this could be the future.

I also believe that this building could be powered autonomously by LENR-derived energy technologies such as the "E-cat" currently being developed in Italy by an engineer called Andrea Rossi from the University of Bologna. This technology, which has just received independent verification by SGS and is co-developed by Siemens can provide heat and chilling as well as electricity in the range of several Megawatts on demand.

I know this goes a bit off topic for a Skyscraper Forum, but please have a look here. It is an Energy Revolution in the making and I an ensure you no hoax as the development is too advanced and too often confirmed by independent sources:

It produces no radiation, no radioactive waste, does not cause CO2 emissions, the reacting material is very durable and cheap (Nickel and Hydrogen) and the end product copper can be sold at a higher value than Nickel.

http://ecatfusion.com/e-cat/the-worl...n-through-lenr

- Your man for special investigative tasks in the Yangtse River Delta ! -

Three things I am following on the Internet:

- Skyscraper Construction in China
- Developing Story of Andrea Rossi and the Ecat. A new technology to produce heat and electricity through a new nuclear process called LENR
- Discovery of Extrasolar Planets
Julito-dubai no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #726
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Utopia.

Powerplant a few Km's away with underground cables (no power outages) with subways connecting the towers (no roads) that would also bring industrial zone (factories) materials to the people, and finally all that land could be farms for local food production. Current cities occupy a lot of land that could be used to grow food and raise animals.

natural disasters: It would depend on what kind. Earthquakes would be handled better than lots of new and old buildings dotting the land, some safe some not. Floods would cause damage to the base. All the people above would be safer. Hurricane: I have to think about that one... Fire? I have to think about that one too.
Scrapernab2 no está en línea  
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #727
Denjiro
Heathen

Likes (Received): 7095

Wow the new design is beautiful! I Like It!
Old September 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #728
Germain_7

Likes (Received): 62

Are they really building this in less than a year??? If they do, then I'll just pray it won't be another "Made in China" Disaster Story..
Germain_7 no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #729
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germain_7
Are they really building this in less than a year??? If they do, then I'll just pray it won't be another "Made in China" Disaster Story..
I highly doubt they will
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #730
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

That's a pretty simple design but it's classy, I like it . If the chinese succeed in erecting the tallest building ever within a year, I'll be astounded...would be incredible but for some reason I still can't beleive such a challenge is possible. Only time will tell now...
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #731
generalscarr

Likes (Received): 425

Hi all,
Very ambitious project, and the new renderings look better than the old visuals (it's still not great architecture, the top looks pretty wacky in particular) , however I still don't see how it is a real proposal.
Does it have an all steel core? How much is it gonna sway? Concrete core - forget about building it in less than a year.
This super short construction time is - in a way - just playing with numbers anyway...even if the construction's fast, a building like this needs much longer time for pre-fab. You won't be able call this company and get a megatall of your own in less than a year. They'll need years to manufacture the parts in a factory that they can assemble on site very fast. This method - once fully developed - may still have huge advantages cost-wise, but there are still many questions to be answered till then...as of now it feels more like a publicity stunt rather that a real solid plan. But let's see what happens!

Cheers
generalscarr no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:11 AM   #732
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

http://www.wired.com/design/2012/09/...nt-skyscraper/

with a new picture:

"On this farmland in Hunan Province, Broad Sustainable Building plans to construct a 220-story skyscraper—the tallest in the world."

- Photo: Noah Sheldon

looks like it is indeed planned to be build outside on farmlands, well makes it easier for this kind of construction to prepare i guess, because they have a lot of space
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:05 AM   #733
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

After seeing that picture, I don't like it again.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:27 AM   #734
blacktrojan3921
Yes, that is my face~

Likes (Received): 88

Come on XD
blacktrojan3921 no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:38 AM   #735
windowsoftheworld

Likes (Received): 171

So they're going to build this in the middle of nowhere?
windowsoftheworld no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:39 AM   #736
Gwellbeing
Global Wellbeing

Likes (Received): 82

Helipads on the tower for evacuation

Found more renderings of the tower. There are lots of helipads integrated to assure instant evacuation in case of emergency.
http://helicopterkits.blogspot.com/2...elopments.html

Gwellbeing no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:33 PM   #737
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
http://www.wired.com/design/2012/09/...nt-skyscraper/

with a new picture:

"On this farmland in Hunan Province, Broad Sustainable Building plans to construct a 220-story skyscraper—the tallest in the world."

- Photo: Noah Sheldon

looks like it is indeed planned to be build outside on farmlands, well makes it easier for this kind of construction to prepare i guess, because they have a lot of space
Actually this is a very good idea because it makes living in the building an option even for people like me, who would never live in a dense city center because of the lack of nature. i said this many times before and I'll say it again, this project is pure perfection
Old October 1st, 2012, 06:18 PM   #738
Germain_7

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsoftheworld View Post
So they're going to build this in the middle of nowhere?
Just like Taipei 101...It's in the middle of nowhere..
Germain_7 no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM   #739
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwellbeing View Post
Found more renderings of the tower.

These trees cannot be assembled out of ready made branches and roots!
chornedsnorkack no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM   #740
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city