daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:51 PM   #921
Cidade_Branca
Architect

Likes (Received): 1691

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
I have to disagree with your comment on the spire, just check this out -
The proof that someone that read this thread made that render to lie everybody of the world...
Cidade_Branca no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2012, 09:24 PM   #922
TheZoolooMaster

Likes (Received): 181

This is actually the latest and most complete thread about this tower:

http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...extra=&page=38
TheZoolooMaster no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2012, 09:38 PM   #923
martsyi

Likes (Received): 2

CONGRATULATIONS to Changsha !
for world ugliest supertall design
martsyi no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2012, 10:03 PM   #924
zerghunter

Likes (Received): 2

A new article just got published in a Chinese website. It seems that Broad has been drilling on the site, but it's unclear whether they're actually preparing anything or just doing survey work.

http://news.sh.soufun.com/2012-11-22/9030146.htm

Quote:
Yuanda Group, the pace of construction of the tallest building in the world in a huge controversy and voices of doubt did not hesitate. On November 19, the results show that turnover of of Hope City Land Resources online trading system price of 389.77 million yuan, "Sky City Investments Limited won the at Osawa Lake street a 67,297.94 square meters (100.95 acres) of providers live land volumetric rate of 12.0, which is lofty can be built on the Science and Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "ambitious can be built") "Sky City" project is working.

On November 21, the reporter called the president of Yuanda Group Office, get back, lofty recently not released any information Laputa [News Price Unit Reviews] future formal press conference will be held at the right time to disclose the specific details .
The Yuanda Group declined to disclose details of the progress of the city in the sky, but the traces of "sky city" to promote continued revealed. In sight city Osawa Lake Street, Huilong residents already know the lofty high-rise to be built here.

Preliminary site investigation, a rarity in the "granite

On the afternoon of November 21, Venus Avenue, the northern end of the road east of the vast tracts of farmland was rain and fog shrouded completely fail to see the shadow of the "sky city". Inquire where the ambitious project, however, the villagers are pointing in the same direction, everyone says that there are about 100 acres of farmland have been levied in Huilong, and ambitious has begun Construction.

With the directions of villagers look at the past, large areas of farmland littered with piles of length ranging from a diameter of about 3 cm Ma pillars, geotechnical investigations, geotechnical drilling equipment acquisition sample. The Huilong villagers Tang Honghui said, which is left in the ambitious "construction", "In the second half of the year to two groups of people engaged in almost two months, a lot of holes to play in the field, has sixty-seven ten meters below. "

Surveying drilling in the rice paddies and vegetable plots in several times after heavy rain, has been AWT backfill, hard to find, but leaving the Ma pillars heap seems to confirm where Laputa site. Here underground are granite, so as Order of the afford the weight of the high-rise. "Tang Honghui listen to a message explained the the granite Duixia hidden information," I heard the lofty chose four places in Changsha, finally chose here, because here under granite. "said the villagers, granite hard with large volume for carrying" Laputa "seems very reasonable in Tang Honghui.

In sight city Osawa Lake Street Huilong party groups, the specific implementation of the land acquisition staff revealed two information Huilong can quickly cross the land; hope the city government planned several new roads, one docking Venus Avenue road will soon commence. Information and 42 block transfer of information anastomosis.

Lot 42, the transfer of information, Sky City Investments Limited to get the land is located in the Lake Street Daze welcome Lake Road and Sau the Hubei Road intersection southwest corner of the total land area of 128.5 acres, net 100.95 acres of land, levied by the road area of 27.55 acres. The parcel being implemented resettlement compensation work within one month after the delisting responsible for cross land by the Waterfront Metro CMC and Osawa Lake Street.

Originally planned to be completed in January next year, progress will be postponed?

The Yuanda Group effect diagram in the the sky city's official website announced "Sky City Overview, Sky City was built in Waterfront Park, looking city, Changsha, a total gross floor area of ​​1.2 million square meters, from a 220 layer, the total height of 838 meters, 1.05 million square meters of the main building, four floors 3-7 total 23 meters, the annexe of 35,000 square meters and 4 layer consisting of 130,000 square meters of basement, is a place for more than 30,000 people working, living full-featured vertical city.

According to the plan, the the sky cities from November 2012 to begin the installation, is expected to be completed in January 2013. This time will probably be delayed. From the reporter visits the current situation, since the land for the project has not yet delivered. Can be built even if the construction time of the pre-project construction of roads, building pit and other infrastructure projects, are not calculated in accordance with the lofty previously said "three months" installation and commissioning of the calculation of time, "sky city" it is difficult to be completed in January 2013 .

Time pushed back, and will not block the "Castle in the Sky" and the lofty footsteps can be built forward from October lofty built started a large-scale recruitment activities, recruitment jobs, including a crane driver, fitter, to the drainage designer, curtain wall engineer more than 50 jobs, the needs of more than 200 people.
zerghunter no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:09 PM   #925
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Are there any actual pictures of the site? If they're drilling, they must certainly have a site picked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martsyi View Post
CONGRATULATIONS to Changsha !
for world ugliest supertall design
ThatOneGuy no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:45 AM   #926
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5308

Cidade Branca: The black one in the center? That's the John Hancock Center.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:39 AM   #927
Greatdane

Likes (Received): 47

http://news.sky.com/story/1014603/ch...per-in-90-days

More news. Again they keep saying they are starting at the end of this month. If they do i hope we at least get some updates on this, but thats a damn tight deadline
Greatdane no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM   #928
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

how can they start, is it even approved, yet? havn't heard of wind tests and stuff either.
KillerZavatar no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:10 PM   #929
Valkyre

Likes (Received): 89

Are they serious about completling a 838m tall skyscraper in 90 days?

Let me rephrase that...

ARE THEY SERIOUS?

I am sorry but this sounds ridiculous and most importantly DANGEROUS.

I dont know about you guys but I find this thing extremely dangerous and to be honest irresponsible... when you start spreading quotes like "we are going to build the tallest building in just 90days" you are practically inviting other ego maniacs out there to make similar quotes like " No i am going to build the tallest build in just 80 days!" and so on and so forth. This pratique is BOUND to produce some catastrophic event sooner or later.

This is the tallest building in the world. I for one want such buildings to be built with a lot of care and a lot of thinking. Not just try and meet a 90days deadline. What will the workers do for example if there is a floor not 100% properly cemented and they see the deadline being pushed back? They will do a sloppy job just to be able to keep this ridiculous deadline...

I am sorry but I would never ever step close to such a building let alone go into it. This is dangerous. They need to build this thing, but they need to do it responsibly and without unecessary haste.
Valkyre no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:48 PM   #930
Soupdragon55

Likes (Received): 6

I think many echo your thoughts Valkyre, but this is China and they like to do things their way. Like yourself, I'm not a fan of just chucking something up without much apparent consideration, but you have to admire the ambition.

In many ways they are acting in the same manner as many British Victorian pioneers, when there were numerous failures of bridges etc due to lack of knowledge or testing new methods.

The interesting aspect from my point of view is that they allegedly achieve 95% prefabrication, this is an aspect of increasing relevance in the building industry, the Cheesegrater at Leadenhall achieves 85% offsite prefabrication.

Whilst these are extreme examples of what can be achieved, the principles filter through to those of us designing for the everyday.
Soupdragon55 no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:58 PM   #931
Valkyre

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupdragon55 View Post
I think many echo your thoughts Valkyre, but this is China and they like to do things their way. Like yourself, I'm not a fan of just chucking something up without much apparent consideration, but you have to admire the ambition.

In many ways they are acting in the same manner as many British Victorian pioneers, when there were numerous failures of bridges etc due to lack of knowledge or testing new methods.

The interesting aspect from my point of view is that they allegedly achieve 95% prefabrication, this is an aspect of increasing relevance in the building industry, the Cheesegrater at Leadenhall achieves 85% offsite prefabrication.

Whilst these are extreme examples of what can be achieved, the principles filter through to those of us designing for the everyday.
Hello my friend, it is indeed ambitious, and it really makes you wonder, but at the same time it makes me feel unsettling.

We are talking about a huge project, and it is ambitious by itself, but when does the ambition stop and the danger begins?

Why 90 days? Do it in 200 days... nobody has done that as well. Why push so hard? These deadlines of 5 floors per day are insane. I refuse to believe that everything will always go 100% according to plan when it comes to such complex and huge projects. There are bound to be some things that dont go as planned. And those are the moments that make me feel uneasy... because the remedy to those setbacks is going to be sloppy and not though-through as it is with other projects.

I believe this is the epitome of over ambitious and exagerration. I think they need to cut some slack and try and do this safely and properly.
Valkyre no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 02:47 PM   #932
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Good point. All that remains is to hope that if there are any problems they will delay the construction instead of solving them in a sloppy way ........
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:18 PM   #933
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Likes (Received): 1954

This will be able to withstand a magnitude 9 earthquake.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:20 PM   #934
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 93

How ugly can this one be??
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:58 PM   #935
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6882

Talk about ambition. The first of many revolutionary technologies to come from China.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:02 PM   #936
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

If this works out properly it will be a revolution in construction equivalent from moving to masonry to steel and concrete buildings...shit will change the whole world!!! Or at least China and other places that need tons of new buildings for a huge population, seriously, the current construction boom with current techniques is not fast enough, and this will allow real estate development to become further in line with economic conditions, with projects starting and finishing in weeks! Will be revolutionary beyond belief for the third world.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:03 PM   #937
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
Talk about ambition. The first of many revolutionary technologies to come from China.
Hold your horses. They haven't build it yet
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:06 PM   #938
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Yeah if it works out properly. But they already successfully built smaller scale buildings and they can seriously eliminate slums worldwide with this. I can foresee Sky Cities popping up all over the place in places like Lagos, Kinshasa, Kolkata, Karachi, etc...lot of shitholes (sorry) that can be completely transformed by something like this.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:08 PM   #939
LeCom

Likes (Received): 699

5 floors per day... Even assuming a 10 hour work day, it would mean one floor per 2 hours, and that's not counting time allocation for unforseen holdups, building the base, installing the antenna and doing exterior landscaping... Really?
LeCom no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:37 PM   #940
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5308

I don't know where everyone got 5 floors a day from, because dividing 220 stories by 90 days, you get just under 2.5 floors per day if they were to build at a constant rate. I see the first few sections (the large ones) being built about 1.5 floors per day, and the top sections (the "small" ones) getting around 4 floors done per day. That's not extremely far fetched.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city