daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old December 6th, 2010, 09:18 AM   #81
Spocket

Likes (Received): 91

It's simple really ... that's not actually a proposal but since it's in the proposals section , people assume (rightly) that it IS actually the proposal . Don't get mad at them , get mad at the person who thought that this was a proposal when it was actually just an announcement that something WOULD BE proposed .

So they go to the proposals section , see what they (rightly) assume to be a proposal and then comment on it . If they're stupid for understanding this basic concept , then doesn't that make the people who considered this a proposal even more stupid ?

In other words , if it's not a proposal , don't get mad at people for commenting on it , get mad at the person who started the thread .

Highcliff liked this post
Spocket no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:29 AM   #82
Izzy Hungwell
Longtime Troll

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
You people must be retarded or illiterate. The tower shown is only a CONCEPT to show how big the project would be if built. Goddamn it, I am so sick of seeing the SAME post ragging on a design that was probably thrown together in 5 minutes to show the scale of the building.

READ THE FIRST POST PEOPLE.
someone's off their meds.

Izzy Hungwell no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2010, 03:15 AM   #83
iSthlm

Likes (Received): 13

This is all shit, such a waste of resources, dubai v2. Not needed at all, think on the rest of the world when it gets wacummed'. (And yeah a vision ofc)

iSthlm no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2010, 03:18 AM   #84
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
You people must be retarded or illiterate. The tower shown is only a CONCEPT to show how big the project would be if built. Goddamn it, I am so sick of seeing the SAME post ragging on a design that was probably thrown together in 5 minutes to show the scale of the building.

READ THE FIRST POST PEOPLE.
The enlarged font size would not matter if the forumers were retarded or illiterate so I'm confused as to the meaning of it. I'm assuming you were just trying to get some attention as if you've spent any time on SSC, you'll notice 80% of the threads are filled with casual fluff. That is part of the site and has always been. You can't have a successful thread without the dull, ignorant comments that you are bashing on because then the thread would die.That is also a main reason SSC is so fun, because we don't just drone on about the cladding and curtain walls for 45 pages. Sometimes it's those "lame" opinions that make the threads so lively. And hell if that brings publicity to a project all the better, no? And why bring "goddamn" into this thread? As if the tower weren't sacrilegious enough, you had to bring in saying god's name in vain. Now we have a truly sinful thread about an ugly conceptual rendering that looks vaguely like the Sears Tower. Sigh.
Manitopiaaa no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #85
sakai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
It's simple really ... that's not actually a proposal but since it's in the proposals section , people assume (rightly) that it IS actually the proposal . Don't get mad at them , get mad at the person who thought that this was a proposal when it was actually just an announcement that something WOULD BE proposed .

So they go to the proposals section , see what they (rightly) assume to be a proposal and then comment on it . If they're stupid for understanding this basic concept , then doesn't that make the people who considered this a proposal even more stupid ?

In other words , if it's not a proposal , don't get mad at people for commenting on it , get mad at the person who started the thread .
oh? what do you call something that somebody wants but isn't real yet? idk? a proposal? lol?
sakai no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2010, 03:33 AM   #86
sakai
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
The enlarged font size would not matter if the forumers were retarded or illiterate so I'm confused as to the meaning of it. I'm assuming you were just trying to get some attention as if you've spent any time on SSC, you'll notice 80% of the threads are filled with casual fluff. That is part of the site and has always been. You can't have a successful thread without the dull, ignorant comments that you are bashing on because then the thread would die.That is also a main reason SSC is so fun, because we don't just drone on about the cladding and curtain walls for 45 pages. Sometimes it's those "lame" opinions that make the threads so lively. And hell if that brings publicity to a project all the better, no? And why bring "goddamn" into this thread? As if the tower weren't sacrilegious enough, you had to bring in saying god's name in vain. Now we have a truly sinful thread about an ugly conceptual rendering that looks vaguely like the Sears Tower. Sigh.
god isn't real. this building isnt real. you're delusional and angry.
sakai no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2010, 03:42 AM   #87
Handbanana

Likes (Received): 20

How about mods edit the first post so that it specifies in large font that this is a conceptual proposal only. or better yet, just ban all the trolls/****tards ruining this thread

Handbanana no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:03 AM   #88
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10286

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakai View Post
god isn't real. this building isnt real. you're delusional and angry.
What a great way to argue against pointless comments, by posting one yourself! The only thing more annoying than someone posting about a concept is someone who brings religion into a thread.
Manitopiaaa no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #89
sakai
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
What a great way to argue against pointless comments, by posting one yourself! The only thing more annoying than someone posting about a concept is someone who brings religion into a thread.
many of you young bucks can learn a thing or two from me about the secret art of trolling trolls that troll trolls
sakai no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #90
sakai
BANNED

Quote:
many of you young bucks can learn a thing or two from me about the secret art of trolling trolls that troll trolls
of course i have never trolled anyone before nor do i condone trolling in any way shape or form
sakai no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #91
Spocket

Quote:
oh? what do you call something that somebody wants but isn't real yet? idk? a proposal? lol?
I call that something that somebody wants but isn't real yet . What do you call it when you want something that isn't real yet ? The best word would be "dream".
A proposal would involve a finished design . THIS apparently does not include that which , by definition , does not make it a proposal ... my "young buck" friend .
If you said "I'm going to build a house" and your local planning authority said "Let's see the design" what would you tell them ? "Well , it'll be big ... bigger than my old house but not bigger than my neighbour's house." Is that a proposal in your books ? Doesn't sound like much of a proposal to me . I guess you could tell that to the bank to see if they understand you but I know for a fact that they certainly wouldn't consider it any sort of proposal .

Spocket no está en línea  
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #92
OEincorparated

Likes (Received): 47

What's the chance of this project starting before ST finishes.

OEincorparated no está en línea  
Old December 8th, 2010, 04:08 AM   #93
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

it WILL happen, guaranteed. Though, it may be in Wuhan or Tianjin, not Shanghai.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea  
Old December 8th, 2010, 05:39 AM   #94
boschb
boschb

Likes (Received): 31

you really think this sort of 'high density' supertall project will be built somewhere guaranteed? I really get that impression at all while reading the thread? nice to here people actually talking about this tower.
I hope this is true because so many corporations have proposed this sort of vertical city idea before but they are always over the top and over budget,
this towers sounds like it would be much more realistic and probable, hope to here more news soon

boschb no está en línea  
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #95
sakai
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
I call that something that somebody wants but isn't real yet . What do you call it when you want something that isn't real yet ? The best word would be "dream".
A proposal would involve a finished design . THIS apparently does not include that which , by definition , does not make it a proposal ... my "young buck" friend .
If you said "I'm going to build a house" and your local planning authority said "Let's see the design" what would you tell them ? "Well , it'll be big ... bigger than my old house but not bigger than my neighbour's house." Is that a proposal in your books ? Doesn't sound like much of a proposal to me . I guess you could tell that to the bank to see if they understand you but I know for a fact that they certainly wouldn't consider it any sort of proposal .
pro·pos·al (pr-pzl)
n.
1. The act of proposing.
2. A plan that is proposed.

educate yourself.
sakai no está en línea  
Old December 8th, 2010, 07:15 AM   #96
boschb
boschb

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
pro·pos·al (pr-pzl)
n.
1. The act of proposing.

educate yourself.
dude seriously what are you trying to prove? you just copied and pasted something lol
who cares what people are calling this
the argument doesn't even make sense.
lets get an with this thread

boschb no está en línea  
Old December 8th, 2010, 07:35 AM   #97
HOLABETO

Likes (Received): 933

666? I bet it's gonna be finished by the end of 2012

HOLABETO no está en línea  
Old December 9th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #98
spicytimothy
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julito-dubai View Post
btw. I think the correct translation would be "Air City" (空中城市)
Nope.

spicytimothy no está en línea  
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #99
Spocket

Quote:
pro·pos·al (pr-pzl)
n.
1. The act of proposing.

educate yourself.
Me ? Uh... okay , show me the proposal . Show me the picture of what they're going to build . Seriously , it's not me that doesn't understand the definition and proper usage of this word .

So which is it ? Is there a finished design that has been proposed or not ? I don't see one in this thread . Nobody else seems to be aware of one . Come to think of it , even the company seems to be pretty clear on the fact that no such proposed design exists . Since this is a skyscraper forum and not a critical review of business plans I'm not sure why you'd expect to see the latter on this site .

Spocket no está en línea  
Old December 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #100
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

Stop trolling, Onn.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
changsha, china, sky city